Make the currency exchange fair

Conversion of Chromium Shards to Shard Shop use has a 10 - 1 currency exchange. I crunched the numbers several times on this to be sure. To be clear, 10 shards from Chromium packs will get 150 credits in the Shard Shop. And 300 Shard Shop credits buys only 2 shards. Also, The shop has limited options to choose from, rarely refreshes and could use other purchase options too!

Replies

• I second this. Absolutely TERRIBLE business model. 10:1 radio? Really? That doesn't encourage me to buy more packs.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    10:1 seems reasonable for me. Actually i would have took the same rate if i were in EAs shoes.
  • haplothepatryn91
    61 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Agree with QGJM. It was intended to use the extra shards in exchange for exclusive shards that you can´t get from other shipments (Cantina/Arena/GW). 10:1 seems reasonable for me.

Edit: this doesn´t mean that the Shard Shop is good. It´s terribly bad right now. Just mean that the 10:1 rate is not the problem :smile:
    My Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes channel: youtube.com/channel/UChbo9FA2_LS9XqlQG1AqXMQ
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    10:1 wouldn't be a problem if they limited the character selection to chromium only + vader. And added the ability to buy rare gear and ability mats. Bam, I just fixed the shard shop. So every day I can turn 20 useless shards into 2 that I can use. At this point, I have used 1 purchase of 2 Rey shards. Today I got 2 "fives", a biggs, Sid, boba fett and ewok scout. All easily farmable characters that have no use in the shard shop...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Seriously people, how is 10 : 1 ratio a good return on your investment?
    And the worst part is receiving all same chromium packs over and over. 72 chars available in C- Packs yet over 50% of the time I get the 14 chars I already have at 7 stars. I actually pulled a Chromium 8 pack and received 7 of 8 Characters I already have max'ed out. I was FLICKING FURIOUS. C'mon EA I know you want my money but Stop Ripping Me Off!
  • Shard Shop is NOT A FAIR RETURN ON MY HUGE $$$$$$$$$$$$$ INVESTMENT. I am not a happy customer EA.
  • Funny thing expectations are ...

1. Extra shards above 330 to get a char to 7* had NO VALUE till the shard shop
    2. with the shard shop you actually have gain an value in Return FOR FREE
    3. With the shard shop you will have the opportunity to get an exclusive, only obtainable this way, character (HELLO? That's awsome!!!)
    4. ANY ONE COMPLAINING SHOULD THINK TWICE - it is far better than before

Try to see it like a "old fashioned" card collecting game. Every time you buy a pack. There is the Chance that u get the cards you already have (enough) and therefore bring zero value to your deck.

They just implemented a way to trade those cards and give you actually something back. Which is fully fair. IMO.

There is an mobile card game I know, it doesn't let u choose what "cards" you want to have in return for your spare chads, so you could get totally random cards. Even one you already have. And 1:10 would be great there the exchange rate was more then 1:20. So this shard shop is actually nicer to its clients that I expected.

• QJM, C'mon man, seriously? You must be an EA employee trolling the feedback pages while trying to calm the masses. Or maybe your a free-2-play hoping we don't stop spending so you can play for free. Whatever you deal is, please stop. Your standards are way too low. Responding to your list by the number and let's keep to the facts.
    1. Having NO Value before does not make a seriously-reduced value now seem ok. Not when I spend $$thousands.
    2. From No value to value gained for free? -> Getting NO value before was never ok to begin with. Why? Because we Spend $$$$ in the Chromium pack store. They made a weak attempt to fix a very serious problem with big spenders. And they admit by trying to fix it in the first place. A 2nd admission came when they announced an exclusive player to come via only the shard shop.
    3. Exclusive character is "awesome"? That remains to be seen. When we spend $$$$ like myself, we have every character in the game, like myself. An average character in the Shard Shop would be useless to us but most in the guild I'm in believe it would be worth it. Anticipating!
    4. Think twice you say. Getting No Value before never makes it ok to get very little value now. Important to understand this is only a two stage game. Either free2play or go all in $. Medium spenders get weak value. To finish off several chars like Old Ben Chromium is the only way.

Re: in an 'old fashioned' card collecting game, duplicate cards of collection value can be sold or traded and they didn't cost thousands to collect. The trade value will bring far better than 10:1 exchange we see here.
    Also the RNG factor is truly random. In Chromium packs it's not random at all, but chosen by EA to what will or will not drop. If the drop rates of characters in Chromium were disclosed and transparent then it's on me for trying against such odds. But nothing has been said. Yet If I have 20 of 72 toons maxed out, That's 27%, Then why am I getting 70% of my Chromium pulls as max'ed duplicates. Not very random at all is it?

Please pardon my manners here if need be. You are either an EA employee trolling, a free2play or just a player with much lower standards than expected. The kid in school who got his lunch money taken from him. STOP being such a candy a$$ pushover. Either way please No more diatribe. Let official EA Respond. Hopefully they already did.

Apologies to all for the length.
  • @007DPC
    Sorry. I am a whale. Got all chromiums but Rex on 7*. And I am not an EA employee either, actually I don't like the most decisions they make especially that anti spenders Moves:

(Making chromiums exclusive farmable, destroying the perceived value of their premium content, making it totally useless buying chromiums since the possible characters are all not relevant in arena anymore (all not among the top 8 characters), limiting the energy to people who save it for months,...) and so on.

But
    Really I think the shard shop is fair. It could have been much worse and as I said I experienced an other game being more in favor of the company. So I am fine with it, as long the exclusive shard shop character actually is relevant in arena.

And
    Yes, when buying chromiums you were angry about the shards of the characters you already maxed. Like I. But YOU decided to continue buying. So don't blame them for your decision.
    Better be angry about buying something with no value in arena ... Premium content that is not even the same quality but WORSE than the free stuff.

EA should really start building up an marketing department, it is really hard to understand what they are doing in this game.

• @QGJM, all good comments. Good luck out there!
  • @007DPC
    Thanx, for you, too! :-)
  • @007DPC

This is Bryan from your server. I agree 100%. Who wants to give 20 shards to unlock 2. What a mess!!!
    FTB
  • 007DPC
    44 posts Member
    Hi Bryan, and with GG the 15 to 1 exchange made it worse. I'm way over it now. I've had enough.
  • 007DPC wrote: »
    Hi Bryan, and with GG the 15 to 1 exchange made it worse. I'm way over it now. I've had enough.

Well man.....with your current squad I can't beat you. GG is irrelevant to you. He can't possibly add anything to what you got going. Good job. Don't use Yoda bro as Rey/Old Ben does it for you. Yoda is a waste when you have such OP toons bro.
    FTB
  • I have 5* GG and he couldn't benefit me in any way!
    FTB
  • Agree with QGJM. It was intended to use the extra shards in exchange for exclusive shards that you can´t get from other shipments (Cantina/Arena/GW). 10:1 seems reasonable for me.

Edit: this doesn´t mean that the Shard Shop is good. It´s terribly bad right now. Just mean that the 10:1 rate is not the problem :smile:

Ok... So fix Shard Shop! But when I think about the fact that a LOT of shards can be earned in missions for free, I guess the 10:1 rate really ISN'T the issue. The real issue is that buying Chromium packs aren't worth it once you've unlocked a certain amount of characters. When you start getting duplicate characters spending a lot of money on packs, 10:1 ratio is insulting.
  • QGJM wrote: »
    4. ANY ONE COMPLAINING SHOULD THINK TWICE - it is far better than before

Try to see it like a "old fashioned" card collecting game. Every time you buy a pack. There is the Chance that u get the cards you already have (enough) and therefore bring zero value to your deck.

When I think of the "old fashioned" TCG, it makes me think of when I played VS System. I would typically buy a box or two so I would get all the commons which you need for the bulk of the deck, but then I would just go to an online store and buy the Rare singles instead of wasting time buying packs and praying. I would like to see something similar, in that we can buy whichever character we want and not just random. Open up the Shard Store to every single character and or even equipment and I think it will be more valuable. I've just been hoarding GW shards right now until the patch but if the characters I wanted to buy were available in the Shard Store, I would definitely be buying the shards I want and working towards the character(s) I wanted. Toons like Aayla would be great to have available all the time somewhere.