The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• PoeticJumpshot3
    52 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Yeah I've pulled maul before, but not at the beginning, I was level 60 or so at the time. I've definitely noticed that the chances of getting the better hero's gets higher with your level. Especially for bronziums. On my hoarded account I know I've had over 200 pulls with no unlocks or shard packs, but on my older account i get one every other day it seems. So I'm just gonna save every bit of bronzium I get until I hit a higher level then spend it all probably.
    Post edited by PoeticJumpshot3 on
  • @PoeticJumpshot3 yeah that might be true indeed.
    Do or do not...
  • Heads up everyone @Korsol @PlanetExpress @PoeticJumpshot3 arena at 19.900, as of now UTC 4am.
  • thanks dude much appreciated
  • Its already at 1900 as of right now. I dropped a dummy account in for tracking
  • @PoeticJumpshot3 2k in 2h? uow... back to old days, I guess SW8 hype is bringing people in again.
    Do or do not...
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    checking in, my burner account is rank 4553 atm. Looking to join in the new shard this next go around.
  • @PoeticJumpshot3 2k in 2h? uow... back to old days, I guess SW8 hype is bringing people in again.

it was 14 hours. They said the shard opened at midnight. I responded 2 pm in the afternoon =)
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    @PoeticJumpshot3 I swear I read 3am lol My bad haha :#
    Do or do not...
  • any update on where the current arena shard rank is? Thanks
  • Yeah I've pulled maul before, but not at the beginning, I was level 60 or so at the time. I've definitely noticed that the chances of getting the better hero's gets higher with your level. Especially for bronziums. On my hoarded account I know I've had over 200 pulls with no unlocks or shard packs, but on my older account i get one every other day it seems. So I'm just gonna save every bit of bronzium I get until I hit a higher level then spend it all probably.

Yeah, I've experienced the same with bronziums on my alt acct - out of about 250-300 pulls at level 27 I've gotten a single RG unlock. But then again, I might open 1-3 bronziums a day on my alt, compared with 15/day on my main, so certainly there is a large difference in #'s between the two.
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    Looking at maybe saturday or sunday for new shard possibly.
  • @Ral: It was 11.195 (UTC 11pm)
  • Slapped5tupid
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    So I made an account on the 31st before reading this post.. I made an account after buying (2) $50 Google GC from Amazon and getting 7 * Rey and 6k crystal. Not sure when I hit level 8.. guessing I messed up since I am only 20 and don't know my position on the shard.. assuming the 6k crystals can help me catch up?
  • So I made an account on the 31st before reading this post.. I made an account after buying (2) $50 Google GC from Amazon and getting 7 * Rey and 6k crystal. Not sure when I hit level 8.. guessing I messed up since I am only 20 and don't know my position on the shard.. assuming the 6k crystals can help me catch up?

Relax, you only enter arena shard at level 28 these days!
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    how much would 1.5k cantina and 3k energy get me? close to 40 maybe?
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @ral: You need 7500 xp to go from 28 to level 40.

That will be 6700 energy + 800 xp from daily activities.

But if you have crystals saved you don't need to hoard that much.

Ex.: If you do all refreshes (50+50+50+100+100+100 regular and 100+100+100 cantina) = 750 crystals = 1080 energy

So you need to hoard 5620 energy + 750 crystals to get to Level 40 in day one (not taking in consideration the bonus energies from that day).

5620 is like 1.5k cantina 4k regular.
    Do or do not...
  • @Slapped5tupid hoard at 27 (save energy for about 30 days) that will give you a huge headstart.

Use crystals only to refresh energy, do 3x regular and 3x cantina refresh.

Always check here before getting into a new arena so you get in top100 ASAP instead of entering in the 15k+
    Do or do not...
  • Sounds about right... I launched with 1100 cantina, 4300 normal and 400 crystals.. didn't quite make it to L40 on day1 but did make arena #1 which was the goal. I hit L40 day 2 which then enabled GW.
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    awesome i have more than enough crystals atm, guess i'm ready for 40 when i drop into the shard! Thanks for the information @DarthZannaH
  • gt2796a
    45 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @ral you will kill me, I don’t have enough saved energy, but I am still going to join next arena because I’m sick of waiting. I will watch you from below :)
  • This is a great guide but there is still one information missing: what are good 4* or 3* Chromium pulls (especially with the current meta and Mother Talzin and her Nightsisters everywhere.. :s )?

So i've read, that the first Char is always a light side hero, right? That limits the options to these heroes:
    4*: Lando, Ben, Jyn, Rex, Jawa Engineer, Wedge, Finn, Mace, Ackbar
    3*: Lobot, Plo Koon, Hoth Rebel Soldier, Eeth Koth, Chief Nebit, Chirrut Imwe, Baze, K-2SO, Chief Chirpa, Cassian Andor, Cody, Aayla Secura, ST Han

But which heroes are good enough? From what i've read, Wedge/Baze/Lando should be good. However, Wedge and Baze are only farmable, if you have a certain level to unlock the stores.

Wouldn't it be better to go for a more farmable hero like Lando, or Old Ben (useful for CSL and Yoda Event)? Both are farmable with Cantina energy, which we hoard at level 27, so that it is possible to get to 7* much faster and do some Raids.

So what are the "best" or most useful pulls from a chromium in Phase 1 of this guide, and why?
  • Ral
    54 posts Member
    @gt2796a idk if i will be killing people much haha but i'm planning to shoot for 50 asap.

@ResistPhoenix Lando, Jyn, Old Ben, Wedge are great to pull imo, even rex too. Wedge is great to have unlocked instead of trying to unlock him at later levels. Lando helps out early levels along with being a rebel and scoundrel as well as an easy farm from cantina. Jyn is great, although i've never pulled her before, but i'v seen others use her to great extent, mostly due to her stun, tm, and revive mechanics in her abilities. Finn is also another option due to the new movie coming out and my help with future events as well.
  • Now 14127 (UTC 2am)
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @ResistPhoenix For the pulls, from my experience (I've made a lot of alts for guildies and friends)

Those are the best:
    1. Chirrut / Baze
    2. Old Ben / Jyn / Rex / STHan
    3. K2 / Finn / Poe / Cassian

Why not Lando? Because from my experience, when you roll Lando, you lack a good starter team, you will have only Chewie / JC / Sarge / Talia to run with and that can cost you crystal in top arena.

You can unlock Lando very quickly if you level up from 8 to 27 solely using cantina energy (usually 1~2 weeks then hoard 30 days) so you don't need him as a pull.

Route for Chirrut / Baze --> If Chirrut, get Baze in Cantina / TB (post lv65+). If Baze, get Chirrut in Fleet Store (post lv60). Chaze is still the OP combo in this game, you can't go wrong with them. The farm is standard, you will run Rebel sinergy team (Lando (L) / SThan / Biggs / Boba + Chirrut or Baze).

Route for Old Ben --> Farm Ezra then Lando (Cantina), Boba (Cantina Store), STHan in Arena, Biggs GW, there you go, a nice sinergy team. Lando (L) / Ezra / Ben / Boba / SThan

Route for Jyn --> Farm Lando (Cantina), Boba (Store), Cassian (Arena) and K2 (GW).

Route for Rex --> Rex not very good early in the game because you won't see many criticals poping in arena, but he is a good 5th member with cleanses, so the ideal farm is still the rebels route with Lando/SThan/Boba/Biggs.

Route for Finn / Poe --> Go full resistance and farm zetas instead of ships, and after your 1st zeta, go back to farm ships. Still have to farm the scoundrels for heist (Lando/Boba/STHan/Chewie/88)

Route for QGJ --> Ben/Ezra (Cantina), then go back to Lando, standard route SThan, go Lumi in GW for a full Jedi sinergy team.

Route for anything --> Full Phoenix!

Now this is a great start, don't matter what pull you get (Chaze, Ben, Jyn, etc..) you can easily farm Phoenix for a full arena team, they are really fast to unlock and get rolling. Hera first (25 frags) the Ezra (25 frags) you can unlock both while hoarding pre level 27. Get Chopper in Cantina Store (same, you get him while hoarding) that give you time to ask for donations in a small guild and gear then up to G4 while hoarding.

When at arena, post level 28, you get Kanan in Arena then Zeb in GW.

After that, you need to farm Lando/Boba/SThan for the credit event (just unlock em) and then go back to your Phoenix *4. When at *4, go back to your scoundrels and *5 then (Chewie in Hard Nodes). IG88 to *5 or Cad Bane as a 5th scoundrel.

TL:DR run Phoenix no matter what you pull, but if you want a nice pull, go Baze/Chirrut.

Do or do not...
  • ResistPhoenix
    14 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @DarthZannaH, @Ral

Thank you! Just what i needed. :smile:
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    For fleet, I rolled an alt a month ago and 90% of top10 are running Tarkin (Executrix).

Mostly are Phoenix in main arena so they unlock early those 2 phoenix ships (Ghost / Phantom).

The common fleet setup in early levels are Biggs+Ghost+Phantom+Tie+Tie, and any reinforcement you want (JC, Sarge, Fac, GS).

This seem to be the best for early arena, I have a real hard time breaking top10 now with Endurance and never seen a single Home One in in Top10.

Tarkin with Tie's and Phoenix are really hard to beat.
    Do or do not...
  • Arena at 18.011 (UTC 13:30)
  • Having played against the current Nightsister (Nightmare) meta on a new shard I would recommend waiting until the Nightsisters event is over so you start on a shard that cannot get them.
    Believe me there is no fun in playing against a full NS squad early doors, and making one yourself well that's upto you but its not my idea of a fun game.

Actually considering binning my account and restarting from scratch when they go just to move away from the most frustrating Arena I have ever experienced.
  • To put some context in my post, I have placed top 5 in my arena shard from day 1, and am on Planet Express' shard - could not beat his full Sith team but then he had to bin that when Nightsisters came as Sith are garbage vs NS. I can still place top 10 but actually no longer play Arena competitively for payout because I hate the matches vs Nightsisters - and that's the majority of the Top 20 on our shard now.

I have zero interest in playing Nightsisters, I don't like them as a faction or as a team.
    I am going full Empire at endgame, which is already a pain in the butt as I have to get a 7* Phoenix squad to get Thrawn and I cannot actually farm for Deathtrooper/Shoretrooper until much later down the road (that's a whole other gripe).

So yeah take or leave my advice, down the line the Nightsisters will be farmable in some regard so you will see them eventually anyway. At level 85 they are potentially much easier to deal with, but then again there will be another FoTM OP PWNSauce team out by then.