Please Fix Galactic Chore

Nikoms565
14242 posts Member
edited November 2017
I've played this game for almost 2 years. Galactic War has always been one of my favorite parts of the game - until about 1 month ago.

Since the introduction of g12, Galactic War has been nothing but a time sucking chore. The jump in difficulty between node 5 and node 6 is ludicrous.

I move from node 5, where a well geared team, of many possible varieties, from my deep roster can usually prevail to node 6, where a face 5 g12 maxed toons. I don't have 5 g12 toons on my entire roster (despite having a collection of 125+ toons, 90 7*, and 35+ g10 or higher). Node 6 is only beatable by my arena team - and even then, only with many retreats and retries.

That of course doesn't include nodes 9+, where I basically have to do the same - and face the exact same g12 meta team multiple times in a row. This is especially frustrating, time consuming and boring on days when GW is the guild activity, so I have to do multiple tables of GW.

Whatever the algorithm is for node 6, it is clearly WAY out of line with everything else in Galactic Chore. I like a challenge - and up until a few weeks ago, GW was that. Now it is quickly becoming boring, mundane and simply far too time consuming for what is, relative to other game modes, paltry rewards. Please fix this soon.

Also, if you could somehow limit the number of times we face certain toons or certain teams, that would also make it much less unfun. Facing g12, max gear, CLS lead, Thrawn, R2, Raid Han, GK teams 4+ nodes is extremely boring. This is supposed to be a game, not work. Lately it feels much less like the former, and very much like the latter.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*
Post edited by Nikoms565 on

Replies

• +1
  • Akeron
    104 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    +1

Totally agree, Galactic War sucks, and it has kittened for much longer than that. It truly takes your life away if you want to get the (needed) rewards. I think that's mainly because the game itself is unbalanced, and everytime a new upgrade is thrown our way, it gets impossibly hard and boring. Nowadays I just enter this forum to complain about GW cause it's such a lame part of the game that it's unfathomable how they think it's working as intended... unless they are trying to make the game worse for most people.

BTW: Galactic Chore was the most accurate denomination you could come up with. That applies perfectly. Congrats for the insight.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Another day - another half hour on node 6 with 5 g12, maxed toons - despite the fact that I don't have 5 g12 toons on my whole roster. Please fix this...or should I just keep adding to this thread every. single. day.?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Another day - another half hour on node 6 with 5 g12, maxed toons - despite the fact that I don't have 5 g12 toons on my whole roster. Please fix this...or should I just keep adding to this thread every. single. day.?

Fight the power!!
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    I actually broke node 11 yesterday. It was kind of refreshing having one less GW node to get stuck playing
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    I actually broke node 11 yesterday. It was kind of refreshing having one less GW node to get stuck playing

How did you do that?

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Ender22 wrote: »

How did you do that?

I don’t know how the breaking occurs. My node 12 has been broken for 5months now. I think it might have to do with power. I just reached 1.9mil GP. However, today’s node 11 wasn’t broken and it caught me by surprise, leaving me without setting up for it ahead of time. Still won pretty **** easily, but, Resistance didn’t win it for the first time in a long time

How did you do that?

I don’t know how the breaking occurs. My node 12 has been broken for 5months now. I think it might have to do with power. I just reached 1.9mil GP. However, today’s node 11 wasn’t broken and it caught me by surprise, leaving me without setting up for it ahead of time. Still won pretty **** easily, but, Resistance didn’t win it for the first time in a long time

Interesting. My gp is 2.2million, and I've never had a broken 11.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member

How did you do that?

It has nothing to do with your GP. It's based on the same calculation that's used to produce your GW nodes in the first place. The general consensus is that it's based on the power of the top 5 characters you've used in a team together in GW (or some say arena also works). Note that this is based on the old power ratings, which are not currently visible in game, but can still be seen on swgoh.gg under stat power.

If you are trying to break a node (or additional nodes) you use your top 5 stat power rated characters together to beat node 1 of GW (doesn't have to be node 1 but that's the easiest place since they are probably a hodgepodge non-synergy team). You can also load them up with additional health/protection mods. Several people in my guild have done this and said it worked for them. Of course, if your power isn't actually high enough to break the node you're trying to break then it won't work, and could just make the nodes harder.
  • Liath wrote: »

How did you do that?

It has nothing to do with your GP. It's based on the same calculation that's used to produce your GW nodes in the first place. The general consensus is that it's based on the power of the top 5 characters you've used in a team together in GW (or some say arena also works). Note that this is based on the old power ratings, which are not currently visible in game, but can still be seen on swgoh.gg under stat power.

If you are trying to break a node (or additional nodes) you use your top 5 stat power rated characters together to beat node 1 of GW (doesn't have to be node 1 but that's the easiest place since they are probably a hodgepodge non-synergy team). You can also load them up with additional health/protection mods. Several people in my guild have done this and said it worked for them. Of course, if your power isn't actually high enough to break the node you're trying to break then it won't work, and could just make the nodes harder.

Yeah, I've done all that - still node 11 is non-broken. Oh well.

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Curious how my was broken one day and then not broken the next. Makes sense though, the timing, I put ability materials on a leadership of a top 5 toon (leadership is useless but did it anyways).
    Liath wrote: »

How did you do that?

Yeah, I've done all that - still node 11 is non-broken. Oh well.

Broke my 11th with approximately 57,500 Stat Power. And since you don’t have many G12 characters, I’m willing to bet you have no where near that amount of Stat Power.
  • The broken nodes are a bug, not a feature. This shouldn't be something people brag about, but something to be ashamed of. Specifically, the devs should be ashamed of it and should not only fix it, but balance GW instead of saying it is "WAI".
  • The broken nodes are a bug, not a feature. This shouldn't be something people brag about, but something to be ashamed of. Specifically, the devs should be ashamed of it and should not only fix it, but balance GW instead of saying it is "WAI".

To be honest, the whole balance issue in GW is a disaster. The broken node 12 bug only makes it takes less time for those that have to face maxed g12 teams from node 6 on. So one bug offsets the horrible algorithm that sets terrible matchups.

• SWGOHdecuehrola
    15 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Oh, I agree. This bug is a heaven-sent in light of the GW disaster. However it's still a bug, and one designed specifically to benefit people who spends a lot of cash in the game. This whole situation is just pathetic.
  • Oh, I agree. This bug is a heaven-sent in light of the GW disaster. However it's still a bug, and one designed specifically to benefit people who spends a lot of cash in the game. This whole situation is just pathetic.

I haven't spent loads of cash ($50 in two years) - I have a broken node 12. But I do agree it's clearly a bug.

• Hey, a new week....but same old kitty mess.

Node 6 = g12 maxed meta team of CLS, Thrawn, R2, Raid Han and GK...again. I still don't even have 5 g12 toons on my whole roster. Thanks for looking into this disaster. :|

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Node 11 is broken again today, sweet!

Not for me. Lol

Not for me. Lol

I think there is shards for gw just like arena. So your top five have to hit that magic power level depending on your shard power level if that makes sense. That's why it's different for everyone. If you hit 90000 power and the top squads are at 90000 you'll break 11.
  • +1

I only do GW on the guild-day at this point. There's enough time-soak in this game as it is. Before TB it was fine because it was the only 'extended' something to do, but now with TB and it's +/-32 waves, GW is just annoying. I really am not in the mood to do another 12 waves in which three of them take a few teams and tries.

Definitely and hopefully this should be addressed in the next QOL update.
  • +1
  • I have spent more time commenting on the state of GW than any other feature in this game and it's not close.

I finally 'broke' node 12 with Baze's seventh star and Gear 12 - (6, 9 and 11 now require my arena team and 11 will sometimes take a little more).

I believe the 'opponent finder' also takes arena rank into consideration, probably trying to find a matching team with the appropriate stat power (say 110% of your top 5) within the specified arena bracket. This is anecdotal of course, but I started tracking my Node 12 opponents' profiles from swgoh and they were all rank 1,2,3 on Node 12, 10 or better on 11, 20 or better on 9, etc.

This is potentially where the problem lies, since there is probably a high correlation between arena payout tiers and the caliber of mods (the higher the payout tier, the better the mods). When you throw top 100/50/20/10/5 arena caliber mods on top of a team that already has 20% more stat power than you, things become unbalanced very quickly. I actually had a fight recently where the opponent squad was so fast they went before my TM loaded B team. Just not a fun experience.

Frankly, if I owned the feature, I'd be embarrassed by the feedback section and imploring my superiors to allocate time for us to fix it. Which is a shame, because there are some really cool things that could come from a GW like experience, that could actually let us use our 'whole' roster, as moderators will typically tell us was the objective. It's clearly not an objective that's being met for many of us, but it could be.
  • I agree cannon fodder. You can't use any of the rest of your roster from pretty much node 6 on, as G12 meta teams rip apart anything that's not g12 (or at least very close). So really, you're only using your top 6-8 heroes and have to keep retreating and praying for good RNG on the last 5-6 nodes.

Really not fun anymore.

• There are a number of better ways to test the 'depth' of a roster and their current algorithm isn't it. Some ideas to make GW better.
    • Place a GP cap on the squad we can use on certain nodes based off of total character GP (and maybe GP distribution). For example, maybe nodes 1-3 allow you to bring 60k GP to bear. You want to use zzzCLS and zzR2 go for it, but that's it.
    • Place a limit on the number of times you can use a specific toon. Sorry, you can't use CLS four the fourth time - give someone else a shot. Of course, they'd have to show us the whole board so we could plan our squads. And I know this would tee off people who zeta'd Finn just for TB (I'm one of 'em, but I wouldn't be tee'd off in the list).
    • Allow you to pick your own opponent and have them meet a minimum GP requirement. I really want my node 9 to be a GK / Zarriss comp because I have trouble beating it. Why not allow you to pick your own shard mates so you can practice against their squads.

Just a few ideas which IMHO would make GW a superior experience to what it is today.
  • I've been posting about this since August 22nd. I have been trying everything in terms of being able to "break" nodes and it isn't something I can do with any consistency. The only constant is that the teams I am matched up on are WAY out of line. I am not in the top 100 arena wise - never have been - never will be. I don't spend enough to keep up apparently. Bottom line - I was able to consistently beat the tables daily before - and then they changed the power ratings and I've cleared 4 tables since I've started paying attention. 4 tables since August 22nd (78 days figures out to a 5.12% completion rate).

Maybe they will fix it some day, else it'll be another day of node 11 wiping all my units out mercilessly.

Today's killers was a maxed out team of CLS lead, R2, Wiggs and Raid Han - so at least I got beat by a team that makes sense synergy wise for a change.
  • Basing GW nodes on power is outdated and no longer works. It takes far too long to attempt to complete.

Hitting us with meta team after meta team is absolutely zero fun and 100% frustration.

GW will be the reason I finally turn my back on this game and close my wallet.

Something needs to be done right now but hordes of players have been saying this for the past year and devs dont seem to care.

• Dev response? Anyone?hello?? (Crickets)