Google Gift Card Promotion?

Replies

• Hiya,
    Appreciate your reports and updates. We're currently looking into this and crafting messaging to address some of the concerns detailed in this thread. I'll update via this thread with more when I have it. Thank you for your patience.

Thanks, i think the main frustration is the not knowing why it works in some areas and not others and also the fact people could still be buying the cards when they wont work etc, were certainly not directing the frustration at the Moderators as we know you can only pass on the info as and when you get it etc
  • I can confirm that Walgreens in the US works. I bought a $10 card there yesterday. I can also confirm that Kroger in the US does not work even though it was listed as a participating retailer.

Screenshot_20171102_152246.png
  • Hiya,
    Appreciate your reports and updates. We're currently looking into this and crafting messaging to address some of the concerns detailed in this thread. I'll update via this thread with more when I have it. Thank you for your patience.

German gamestop cards do not work either. I bought 50€ Card and got no rey but i wrote a ticket.
  • @montreal, Canada... bought a 15$ to test at Walmart. Worked. Took a while to get the promo but it went through. Will go buy 25$ cards tomorrow to test. They didn't have any 50$ ones
  • It says can be redeemed up to 3 times. Is that 3 times per card value? Once per $10/25/50 card type? 3x $50 rewards? Does the last time this came around count against that? Because I bought a $50 card and got those rewards once already.

Can someone point me to the terms and conditions for this promo? Or maybe knows the answer off the top of their head? :smile:

I'm willing to buy a couple to test because will use the Google Play money on things other than just SWGOH. However, I'm not going to go to the hassle if I don't know if it's a valid test.
  • J0HND03 wrote: »
    Marv0469 wrote: »
    What happens, if you buy a second 50 $ card? Do you get another 330 shards?

not sure, but they said it's up to 3 times ... dunno if it's valid for the same value again .....

Based on this thread buy at your own peril but I bought 2 50 cards from walmart.com and got the 330/3k reward twice
  • hopefully as this thread now has 67,200 views people are getting the message not to buy anymore cards till we have clarification on what is going on and why it was indicated the card rewards were now available worldwide, unfortunately it still says the card issue is resolved in the "Dev Announcements and News" which is very misleading to the players
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya,

UPDATE
    We've reached end of day, but information will be updated tonight. I know this has been a long wait, but we want to ensure this information is relayed to you before going into the weekend. Hang in there folks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Updated the Promotion Dev post via <<Dev News and Announcements>>, but for posterity!

In the above post, we mentioned that we’ve partnered with Google to offer a special in-game bonus to Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes players who purchase a Google Play gift card in select countries for a limited time this holiday season. There’s been some confusion on the offer details and availability by country and retailer, so we're providing Google’s official retailer list and schedule below. This list is subject to change and please contact Google if you have any specific questions related to the list or your particular purchase.

===================================================
    Confirmed Retailers currently participating (by Country):
    COUNTRY START DATE PARTICIPATING RETAILERS
    • Austria 10/23/17 Spar Austria
    • Austria 12/1/17 Tobaccoland
    • Australia 12/1/17 7-11, AU Post, Coles, EB Games, PC Games Supply, Reject Shop
    • Belgium 10/30/17 Digital Only
    • Belgium 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • Brazil 12/1/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • Canada 11/1/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • Switzerland 10/16/17 Lekkerland, Migros, Post Finance, Valora
    • Germany 10/30/17 Digital Only
    • Germany 11/20/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • Denmark 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • Spain 10/30/17 Digital Only
    • Spain 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • Finland 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • France 10/30/17 Digital + Carrefour FR
    • France 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • United Kingdom 10/30/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • Ireland 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • India 12/8/17 Croma, Hotpost, ICICI, Paytm, PhoneRe, Reliance Digital
    • Japan 11/21/17 Circle K, Family Mart, Lawson, Ministop
    • Mexico 12/8/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • Netherlands 10/30/17 Digital Only
    • Netherlands 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • Norway 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • New Zealand 12/1/17 COUNTDOWN NZ
    • Poland 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • Portugal 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • Sweden 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • Singapore 11/15/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold
    • United States of America 10/30/17 Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold except Kroger and Target
    • United States of America 11/12/17 Kroger
    • United States of America 11/21/17 Target
    • South Africa 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold

What’s the offer?
    The offer varies by territory, but in most countries, there are 3 different reward tiers which depending on the value of gift cards offered in that country and the reward is Rey (Scavenger) of varying star level plus some crystals. Please refer to the signage at physical retailers or the Terms and Conditions found on the product page for online offers for the specific rewards in your country.

Is this only available from physical retail locations? Can I purchase this offer online?
    You can purchase Google Play gift cards from participating physical retailers or purchase from many retailers online (see Google’s official list and refer to the signage at physical retailers or the Terms and Conditions found on the product page for online offers).

I bought a gift card, how do I claim the reward?
    1. Most importantly, make sure you’re logged into the same account on your Android device AND inside Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes.
    2. Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device.
    3. Open the Menu and tap Redeem.
    4. Enter your gift card code.
    5. Tap Add Item on the Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes pop-up.
    6. Tap on Open when instructed by your device.
    7. When the game opens, you’ll see a text pop-up confirming that you redeemed your code.
    8. You’ll also receive a message in your game inbox that confirms you’ve received the reward and Rey will be in your Characters area, ready for you to activate.

What can I do if I’ve already purchased a Gift Card from Target or Kroger?
    We’ve discovered an issue with cards purchased at Target and Kroger, and unfortunately it’s not allowing us to validate the code redemptions. What does this mean? It means the cards won’t work as designed. Which is not cool, and we apologize. We’re working with Google on this, and if you have one of these cards, you should pursue a refund with the original retailer. If you encounter any problems receiving a refund from the retailer, then please contact us.

I was supposed to receive a 7* Rey, but I only got a 4*. What should I do?
    Rey unlocks at 4*. If your reward was for a higher star version of Rey, we’ve also given you the additional character shards and credits needed to promote her up to that star level.
    • Go to your Character Selection screen, find Rey and tap the PROMOTE button in the bottom right to increase her star level.
    1y5ekrrorkf6.png

I already had Rey at 7*. What am I supposed to do with these extra shards?
    Excess character shards can be converted to Shard Shop currency which can be used to purchase character shards or gear.

I redeemed my code, but Rey hasn’t shown up in-game. What should I do?
    1. Ensure that you’re logged into the same account on both your device and in-game.
    2. Restart the game - fully close the app and relaunch
    3. Double-check to ensure your retailer is participating (see the official list above). If your retailer is not participating, you may not get the reward.

Is this only available from physical retail locations? Can I purchase this offer online?
    You can purchase Google Play gift cards from participating physical retailers or purchase from many retailers online (see the official list above)

I purchased a gift card from a retailer online, but I haven’t received my code. What can I do?
    Many retailers deliver the online gift card purchases to you via email after a brief delay (sometimes up to 4 hours). Please refer to information on the retailer website, purchase confirmation or other email regarding how long to expect between purchase and delivery. Contact your retailer if you continue to have issues.

How many times can I purchase this offer?
    Most countries have 3 different offers tiers available. You can purchase each tier a maximum of 3 times. Refer to the in-store signage or Terms and Conditions for online offers in your specific country.

Can I move my reward to another account?
    No, the reward is tied to the account at the point you redeemed the offer.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • but what about the players that went and bought cards when it was announced they were available worldwide a few days ago? i saw a post saying one player bought 3 X €50 cards, i presume they are being dealt with on individual regard? and thanks very much for the above post,i believe that covers what everyone was asking, long day indeed, i'll relay the above to my guild and recommend everyone does similar to get the word out etc
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Dretzle wrote: »
    FN0xoo wrote: »
    Apparently German players were betrayed. :(

Don't worry. All players were betrayed.

Certainly not us iOS players..? :)
  • Updated the Promotion Dev post via <<Dev News and Announcements>>, but for posterity!

In the above post, we mentioned that we’ve partnered with Google to offer a special in-game bonus to Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes players who purchase a Google Play gift card in select countries for a limited time this holiday season. There’s been some confusion on the offer details and availability by country and retailer, so we're providing Google’s official retailer list and schedule below. This list is subject to change and please contact Google if you have any specific questions related to the list or your particular purchase.

• Australia 12/1/17 7-11, AU Post, Coles, EB Games, PC Games Supply, Reject Shop
    • United States of America 10/30/17 Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold except Kroger and Target

What’s the offer?
    The offer varies by territory, but in most countries, there are 3 different reward tiers which depending on the value of gift cards offered in that country and the reward is Rey (Scavenger) of varying star level plus some crystals. Please refer to the signage at physical retailers or the Terms and Conditions found on the product page for online offers for the specific rewards in your country.

You can purchase Google Play gift cards from participating physical retailers or purchase from many retailers online (see Google’s official list and refer to the signage at physical retailers or the Terms and Conditions found on the product page for online offers).

1. Most importantly, make sure you’re logged into the same account on your Android device AND inside Star Wars™: Galaxy of Heroes.
    7. When the game opens, you’ll see a text pop-up confirming that you redeemed your code.
    8. You’ll also receive a message in your game inbox that confirms you’ve received the reward and Rey will be in your Characters area, ready for you to activate.

We’ve discovered an issue with cards purchased at Target and Kroger, and unfortunately it’s not allowing us to validate the code redemptions. What does this mean? It means the cards won’t work as designed. Which is not cool, and we apologize. We’re working with Google on this, and if you have one of these cards, you should pursue a refund with the original retailer. If you encounter any problems receiving a refund from the retailer, then please contact us.

Rey unlocks at 4*. If your reward was for a higher star version of Rey, we’ve also given you the additional character shards and credits needed to promote her up to that star level.
    • Go to your Character Selection screen, find Rey and tap the PROMOTE button in the bottom right to increase her star level.
    1y5ekrrorkf6.png

Excess character shards can be converted to Shard Shop currency which can be used to purchase character shards or gear.

1. Ensure that you’re logged into the same account on both your device and in-game.
    3. Double-check to ensure your retailer is participating (see the official list above). If your retailer is not participating, you may not get the reward.

You can purchase Google Play gift cards from participating physical retailers or purchase from many retailers online (see the official list above)

I purchased a gift card from a retailer online, but I haven’t received my code. What can I do?
    Many retailers deliver the online gift card purchases to you via email after a brief delay (sometimes up to 4 hours). Please refer to information on the retailer website, purchase confirmation or other email regarding how long to expect between purchase and delivery. Contact your retailer if you continue to have issues.

Most countries have 3 different offers tiers available. You can purchase each tier a maximum of 3 times. Refer to the in-store signage or Terms and Conditions for online offers in your specific country.

What about Italy?
    Any plan to have the promotion Also for us?
  • So by reading "Belgium 11/13/17 Digital + Everywhere Google Play Gift Cards are sold", if I buy a gift card on 14-Nov in my country Belgium and redeem it immediately, I will receive the reward? I hope I understand this right.
  • So just a quick question. Regarding Kozi's Info "Digital" Cards are already active in Germany. Has anyone bought one and could redeem it? And where did you buy it?
  • Aht1 wrote: »
    So just a quick question. Regarding Kozi's Info "Digital" Cards are already active in Germany. Has anyone bought one and could redeem it? And where did you buy it?

Yes, from Deutsche Bank (listed retailer, online, Nov. 1.), it did NOT work.
  • @CG_Kozispoon So one of the following cards should grant me the promotional gift, correct?
    image.png
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon So one of the following cards should grant me the promotional gift, correct?
    image.png

It worked when I used it.
  • Updated the Promotion Dev post via <<Dev News and Announcements>>, but for posterity!

What’s the offer?

1y5ekrrorkf6.png

Returning through target wasn't possible for me. Fine print says sale is final per the retailer. So am I out of luck on my purchase @CG_Kozispoon?
  • Oluap
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    So, I waited for this update. It says combine official retailer list with the dates below.

I saw that digital cards in the Netherlands work after 30th of October so I ordered a 25 euro card from www.opwaarderen.nl which was on the Google play list they referred to.

Got nothing.

I've contacted support, waiting for a response. I would suggest everyone hold off on these purchases until someone else has confirmed it works.
  • Aht1
    28 posts Member
    Can only second this. I bought one from (german) Paypal-gifts as someone from the UK could use it. Code worked but i didn't get the Bonus. Called EA and send them all things regarding payment. Waiting now.

WAIT with buying. They seem to have HUGE problems with the technical side of this promotion.

Can only second this. I bought one from (german) Paypal-gifts as someone from the UK could use it. Code worked but i didn't get the Bonus. Called EA and send them all things regarding payment. Waiting now.

WAIT with buying. They seem to have HUGE problems with the technical side of this promotion.

And customer support once you do contact EA. They called me last night at 11pm(which I was fine with) and I was being "transferred" for over 30 minutes. Never did get through, tried multiple times.

And customer support once you do contact EA. They called me last night at 11pm(which I was fine with) and I was being "transferred" for over 30 minutes. Never did get through, tried multiple times.

Just want to add that all four support groups (EA, CG, Google, Target) have pointed the finger at the other. I've had responses from all four now telling me to follow up with one of the others.

Sorry to say it all but I think we got hosed.
  • Aht1
    28 posts Member
    EA is 100% responsible. I had to explain it carefully to the customer supporter that it's not a google promotion but an EA/CG promotion. She then spoke with her boss asked me for the data (payment info) and said i should get my rewards soon.
  • I saw the updated post in "Dev news and announcements" so purchased 2 £50 gift cards (digital) earlier today before reading all the posts. Redeemed both thinking I would get the shards ect, surprise surprise I got absolutely nothing! I've since been down the contact Google path (Can't do anything to help) so contacted EA. In no position to take a call from them as I'm at work but I did email them. Waiting on a reply now, hopefully this gets sorted soon and we get what was promised.
  • DS2K_DAVE
    39 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @J0HND03 I copied your trick and it worked for me also, and it only cost €43.02 so i saved nearly €12 when i also bought gems from it
  • Can ea / cog please provide iOS users with contact detail for the relevant people at apple who don't wish to support their user base ?

Also, as this is google supporting android and offering an enhanced playing environment to part of your player base, providing and advantage to players using one particular platform from particular countries (even if it's only 330 shards to convert for gear for free) can ea / cg please answer the following questions?

Do you think it is fair to your customers to offer incentives to part of the player base only?
    Do you think that this is a form of discrimination / bias on cg/ea's part towards android users?

As the offer is limited to the one set of users there is clearly a payment to ea / cog to allow this discrimination, are you happy that you are continually are being paid to disenfranchise your iOS user base (and android in certain countries) by allowing unfair advantage? Does that mean you don't care about the iOS user base?

As there is an impending event that requires scavenger ray then does that not compound the advantage?

Given the cost to purchase character shards then cash equivalent is significant, would ea / cg be prepared to compensate users that have been discriminated against by being refused equality with the equivalent cash value in crystals?

• @CG_Kozispoon I bought a digital card today after seeing your list showing Spain 10/30/17 Digital Only and I didn't receive anything!
  • This whole promotion is opaque and misleading.
    I had contact with an employee today. (via email) :)
    Nothing productive came out. He just mentioned that it is an "inconvenience" and will pass on the information to the team.
    I assume that I will get nothing retroactively.
    A good reason for me to pay no further investment. I am very sorry.
    Better information and organization would have helped .
This discussion has been closed.