Weekly dev/news report #3 (5/11)

Waez
286 posts Member
edited November 2017
You know the drill, I'll cover everything that happened this week. Some people requested that I add official announcements too, so I decided to divide the report in 3 parts: Official Announcements, Dev comments and rumors.
Hope you enjoy the new layout!

Anything that is underlined is an hypertext link, so click away!

Previous’ week report is available here

As usual, everything is also available on my Youtube channel

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

- In case you’ve been sleeping under a rock for the past few days, Rey’s Hero’s Journey has been officially confirmed. It will come around the theatrical release of The Last Jedi. The requirements are not yet known, except for Scavenger Rey. Link, My video on the announcement

- To accompany the announcement, EA decided to extend the Google Play promotion to other countries. There seems to be a few hiccups with the retailers though. I highly recommend checking if this works before buying these cards. Link

- There was a small content update on the 1st of November. It only fixed the AT-ST Event’s rewards to award the correct number of Wicket shards, and fixed Retribution (which wasn’t working properly). Link

- The event calendar has been updated for November! Key events are: Palpatine 9th to 15th, TB 13th to 18th, AT-ST event on the 15th, Thrawn 23rd to 29th. New Fleet Mastery events will also pop up. Link

- The new Ghosts of Dathomir event has made its debut into the game, with a few hiccups. The attempts were shared across all tiers, which made many players miss the first-time rewards. Video recap . Fortunately, it is a recurring event, which means everyone will be able to get them someday (there already were 2 occurrences of the event. This event also saw the debut of a major character, spooky table, the only character stronger than Nihilus . An Imperial Crate vs spooky table blockbuster is rumored to be in the work.

DEV COMMENTS

- Capgasp commented on Reddit that there is no change or re-balanced planned for the Thrawn event. So brush up your best RNG skills and get ready to face the odds from the 23rd to the 29th! Link, Video

- Hiddenspring84 (Client Engineer), confirmed that the weird MOD glitch that makes them appear on the background when you SIM them will be fixed in the next client update (reminder: client updates are the ones you need to download on the App Store/GP Store, these changes can’t be pushed like other updates.) No ETA is available yet. Link. FYI, buff/debuff stacking will also be a part of the next client update.

- Capgasp gave some insights on the sub-80 rules for the Ghosts of Dathomir event. If you are below level 80, the rules are a bit different for you. Link

- Kozi made some comments regarding the Officer TB Tools on the Forum, and specifically why they decided to lock territories at 3*, and not leave us the choice to lock them however we see fit. If you’re always late for P1, be ready to see your contribution lowered! Link

- Kozi confirmed on a thread complaining about drop rates that no, the drop rates were not changed. Link. Incidentally, I recently made a video that summarizes all the data we have on Shard/Gear drop rates, including many empirical studies. I find these studies to be very interesting, since they prove that the general consensus that drop rates or RNG are skewed in the game is wrong. If you’re interested, you can check it here: Link

RUMORS

- With Rey’s Hero’s Journey coming, speculations have been made concerning the requirements. My personal recommendations are: Farm your FO to 7* G8 for the BB8 event, then get Rey, Finn, Poe and BB8 to 7* G8 too. Gear your Veteran Smugglers to G8, but don’t buy expensive shards for them just yet. If you haven’t already, start farming the Falcon with 1 refresh a day. Just in case, and it’s a really good ship anyway. HOARD AS MUCH AS YOU CAN: All currencies, as well as crystals. Jedi Rey could be meta-defining as CLS was, and you don’t want to be left behind. Trust me.

- The “old foe” still hasn’t shown their face. Suspense, suspense.

- Will Luke’s Hero’s Journey take place in November? No one can tell. I would highly recommend, however, to be ready in case it does. If you can squeeze in all the essential farms for CLS between your Jedi Rey farms, do it!

Aaaaaaand that’s it for this week! As usual, don’t hesitate to tell me if I made a mistake or missed anything, and I’ll edit the main post.

Good luck on the holo-table!

Replies

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I appreciate these posts, thanks for doing them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Thanks for this Dev Tracker that I enjoy reading each Sunday, and that I share with my guild too.
    Keep up the good work, it is appreciated.
  • I appreciate you taking the time to bring together info from various sources. I usually am aware of most, but there's always one or two things I've missed or overlooked. Pukes had a beneficial effect on this thread, too... It caused some (myself included) who may merely have read and used the info actually post support and thanks for what you do.
  • First time seeing this, very cool. Thanks for this !!
  • These posts are awesome, thorough, & thoroughly awesome -- speculation & all. Cheers, man, keep up the good work!
  • Excellent as always, thanks!
  • Thanks for this!
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Thanks for the positive feedback everyone!
    I appreciate it.
  • Apparently I'm not allowed to leave negative feedback. It's frustrating that my comment was censored. I was just trying to convey my disappointment that a link to this was posted in my game update channel on discord. This is in no way information related to a game update. It is simply speculation. I am sorry but this wasn't helpful to me. I don't know how much more polite I can be without compromising my opinion. Thank you for the promise of an open forum, LOL.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Pukes wrote: »
    This is in no way information related to a game update. It is simply speculation.

I think you missed the 2 first parts of the thread.

The first one is literally a recap of this
    week's game updates. How can it not be related to a game update?

The second one is a recap of all the dev comments that were made outside the announcement channel. Once again, just facts and useful information to know what the devs are working on. You know. For future game updates.

The "rumors" part is the smallest one of these three, and is just here to inform players of what could potentially happen this month. If you somehow have a problem with this, you can also, you know, not read it.

There are tons of ways to express negative feedback in a constructive way. Telling me to "get a life" is not one of them. It's just rude and doesn't bring anything to the thread.

If you have an issue with this posted on your discord channel, then talk with the person who posted it there.

If you don't like these reports, then don't read them. Some people find them useful, and it seems to be a large majority.

And please stop mentioning censorship like you are a victim here. Personal attacks are prohibited on this forum. If you don't know how to express your opinion without insults, you need to learn to, because that's not helping at all.
  • His name was pukes did u expect more keep up the good work
  • Love love love lovethese threads!
  • Really useful, thanks. Easy to miss some of that in the main forums, and especially the things on reddit. I appreciate the rumour section, its clearly labelled as such, and the user base usually gets pretty close with their theories if we're honest. It's just a pity you can't spell rumour :-) (Joke, joke!)
  • Pukes wrote: »
    Apparently I'm not allowed to leave negative feedback. It's frustrating that my comment was censored. I was just trying to convey my disappointment that a link to this was posted in my game update channel on discord. This is in no way information related to a game update. It is simply speculation. I am sorry but this wasn't helpful to me. I don't know how much more polite I can be without compromising my opinion. Thank you for the promise of an open forum, LOL.
    I read your opinion and it wasn't polite. But I'm not surprised given you agonize over "compromising your opinion." Get a shrink.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Dooly66
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    New to the forum and the game, this is a great post for all the week's going ons. I'll be checking in every Sunday! Thanks so much for putting it all together.