Droid and credit events worse than ever.

Prev1
Congratulations, you took the most abysmal aspect of the game and actually succeeded in making it far, far worse, I didn't think it was possible.

The payout on these events is paltry, this isn't going to make very many people buy credit packs, it's going to make them question spending anything else on this game.

I've never called out the makers of this game before for anything but the blatant avarice displayed in the recent changes to these events leads me to call you unabashedly greedy. Shame on you and a pox on all your houses.
Ally Code: 945-699-762

Replies

• I'm guessing you didn't read my Feedback guidelines so I'll go ahead and post them again here for you :)

The Guidelines for posting feedback:
    • Posts that attack developers, moderators or players will be locked or removed. Harassment will not be tolerated.
    • Please make sure your feedback is done in a clear and constructive manner. We want to hear what you have to say, and it’ll be easier for us to read your feedback if it is done this way.
    • Please do not resort to derogatory terms.

All you did is complain about the credit and droid events instead of providing feedback. Do you have any recommendations on how it could be better?
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Easy solution. Multiply the reward by 10. Even then 60k credits for 20 energy is still out of line in my opinion given the insane costs later on.
  • I'm also disappointed in the new credit events. The old ones gave 110k for 50 energy, so I would have thought that 50k for 24 energy would have been about right. Honestly I never did the old ones because I wasn't in dire need of credits until very recently. But, with the new free 45 energy, I wish the old credit event was back, because I would probably just take my free energy and convert it straight to credits :).

I think people are upset because the complaint was that we didn't get enough credits for the amount of energy expended, and then the response was to significantly reduce the credits per energy amount. I can't imagine anyone was limited by the hour constraint in the old events, just that it cost a lot of energy and didn't give xp or materials. It feels like "we heard your concerns about the old credit event, and have adjusted it to be much, much worse. Thank you for playing". I can't imagine this was actually the intention. So it's puzzling.

I really enjoy this game, and thanks for reading this post.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    I'm guessing you didn't read my Feedback guidelines so I'll go ahead and post them again here for you :)

• Posts that attack developers, moderators or players will be locked or removed. Harassment will not be tolerated.
    • Please make sure your feedback is done in a clear and constructive manner. We want to hear what you have to say, and it’ll be easier for us to read your feedback if it is done this way.

All you did is complain about the credit and droid events instead of providing feedback. Do you have any recommendations on how it could be better?

Ok, fair enough. Restore the payouts to the previous levels or at least by a factor of 10.
  • EA_Jesse wrote: »
    I'm guessing you didn't read my Feedback guidelines so I'll go ahead and post them again here for you :)

Ok, fair enough. Restore the payouts to the previous levels or at least by a factor of 10.

This. The fix isn't complicated. or even controversial, except to say that fewer people will be forced to trade crystals for an insulting amount credits. 24 energy for 8,300 credits (because the x3 multiplier rarely triggers) is simply unacceptable.

The old profit mining event was bad enough, but the current implementation is far worse. I'd rather have the old versions of both events back than continue being punished by these updated events.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Faff2D2
    253 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    My feedback is that 8300 is a terrible number. At no point would 8300 credits for 24 energy be worth it. At early stages, credits are in abundance so why trade valuable farming energy for 8300 when you have a hundreds of thousands.. At around 50-55, the credit crunch begins and 8300 will simply do for nothing for you when you need 100's of thousands. At 70, 8300 doesn't even register as a real amount.

If you don't want to give away free credits, fine, don't, it's your prerogative. Just remove this part of the game because it is really insulting as constructed. Not to mention this was billed as a rework of the keycard system because it didn't work. :/
  • I posted this in another thread but seeing as this is the one that has been moved to feedback I figure I will post it here as well

The new credit events are garbage ESPECIALLY when they did those training droid packs a few weeks ago so I purchased some crystal packs and bought quite a few of the training droid packs thinking it was a good deal as I had a guaranteed 440k credits a day (2 x 50 crystal refreshes on the profit mining keycard battle) so I could level up my whole roster for GW. Now I can't even bring in 100k credits a day! Levelling up and promoting characters is impossibly slow and I am falling further and further behind, GW is harder every time I level up and now I don't have the credits to level up three or four characters let alone my whole roster and I have THOUSANDS of training droids I can't afford to use. What I find absolutely staggering is despite the outpouring of negative feedback from the community there has been absolutely ZERO response from EA. I flat out refuse to pay another penny or purchase credit packs with my crystals until we get some kind of explanation/reasoning behind this change. Up until the update where I was level 64 I had managed to stay pretty competitive in the arena (between 200-300) and usually reached battle 8/9 in GW. Since the update I have reached level 68, only managed to get one of my characters to this level, fallen below 600 in the arena and now rarely get past battle 4/5 in GW. I love this game and want to succeed in it but feel like we are being increasingly forced to pay more and more just to do basic things like upgrade your roster which we could do for free pre update. Credits are a fundamental part of going forward in this game and when it costs 170'000+ per character per level at higher levels it will take a week+ to upgrade one character! Never mind the cost of promoting... I am 10 shards away from getting Sidious to 5 stars and 3 shards away from getting Kylo Ren to 5 stars. To promote them both will cost 750k credits, at the current earning rate of the new credit event (presuming you still use the 2 x 50 crystal refreshes on it) it will take 9 days just to earn the credits to do these two promotions that's without levelling any of my other characters. I urge the development team to look into this as it seems to be a major issue for the whole community and is drastically affecting our enjoyment of the game. Prior to this I literally had zero complaints about the game, some suggestions sure but nothing that made me feel the need to come on the forums and complain like this has.
  • Multiply the credit payouts x10
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Revert to previous payouts for droids and credits. Or multiply base by 6 or 7 and remove the multiplication factor. Also if you want to make it a challenge then do. The current battle against 2 weak toons is a waste of time. If it is simply supposed to be a swap then make it one.
  • Valent_Antona
    1034 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I've posted similar in other threads and will summarize here.

Main points
    • I agree the payout is pretty low, but x10 is ridiculous. With bonus energy, you can run it 5 times per day for no real cost (no refresh needed) and gain anywhere from 420K to 2.5M credits with multipliers. That's not a challenge, that's a handout. No luck, or strategy involved.
    • I posted a possible solution with better multipliers, with chance of up to 5X credits at a low success rate. Multiples of 2 would be the norm and 3 would be low but not infrequent.
    • Adjusting the base reward on tier 2 would be beneficial without throwing things out of whack. I'd like to see at tier 2 a base of about 11,800 and energy cost go to 30. That combined with the adjusted multipliers would increase the credit reward, but not too drastically as its a lot easier to do the events throughout the day with free bonus energy.
    • This brings up the point of managing your energy wisely. If you want to use the bonus energy for gear hunting, you sacrifice credits mining. With a small boost to the credit events (just enough to actually make it worth while), I'd do them more often. The payout when you get 1X is just too much of a deterrent. I'm not saying remove it, I'm saying to just give it a small buff.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Red_Comet
    96 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Just make the events not cost energy, at least it gives people something to do if they don't have the energy rather than having nothing to do and logging off. It would also redeem peoples opinions and faith in the game and in the devs as there seems to be alot of heat atm from people not being to pleased with the changes. If it seems that people could accumulate too many credits and training droids perhaps set a limiter of like 25-50 tries that reset daily.
  • I've posted similar in other threads and will summarize here.

Main points
    • I agree the payout is pretty low, but x10 is ridiculous. With bonus energy, you can run it 5 times per day for no real cost (no refresh needed) and gain anywhere from 420K to 2.5M credits with multipliers. That's not a challenge, that's a handout. No luck, or strategy involved.
    • I posted a possible solution with better multipliers, with chance of up to 5X credits at a low success rate. Multiples of 2 would be the norm and 3 would be low but not infrequent.
    • Adjusting the base reward on tier 2 would be beneficial without throwing things out of whack. I'd like to see at tier 2 a base of about 11,800 and energy cost go to 30. That combined with the adjusted multipliers would increase the credit reward, but not too drastically as its a lot easier to do the events throughout the day with free bonus energy.
    • This brings up the point of managing your energy wisely. If you want to use the bonus energy for gear hunting, you sacrifice credits mining. With a small boost to the credit events (just enough to actually make it worth while), I'd do them more often. The payout when you get 1X is just too much of a deterrent. I'm not saying remove it, I'm saying to just give it a small buff.

So get rid of bonus energy. Most are quite happy to use crystals for energy and trade off for Creds/droids under the old system. The new system is just like playing the slots....

Main points

Check your math, base payout is 8,400 if you were REALLY lucky and got the maximum 3x multiplier every time (not likely) and you did it the 5 times you suggest, you arrive at a max of 126,000, a far cry from the 420K-2.5M you state.

Base 8,400 for 24 energy
    3x multiplier 25,200
    5x attempts 126,000 for 120 energy (don't forget this is only if you get max multiple each time)

This is at best half what you could make under the old system and likely, in reality, you're going to fare far worse.
  • Like many others, I have just stopped doing the credit and training droid events because the payout isn't worth the energy cost. Apparently I am one of the few who really liked the old key card system. It doesn't matter to me if you go back to the old system or tweak the new one by increasing the payout but right now it's just not a usable part of the game.
  • Carl wrote: »
    Like many others, I have just stopped doing the credit and training droid events because the payout isn't worth the energy cost. Apparently I am one of the few who really liked the old key card system. It doesn't matter to me if you go back to the old system or tweak the new one by increasing the payout but right now it's just not a usable part of the game.

I'm with you Carl. It was a great way to get some extra coin to star and level up.

I have struggled afterward to get the required credits.

Main points

Check your math, base payout is 8,400 if you were REALLY lucky and got the maximum 3x multiplier every time (not likely) and you did it the 5 times you suggest, you arrive at a max of 126,000, a far cry from the 420K-2.5M you state.

Base 8,400 for 24 energy
    3x multiplier 25,200
    5x attempts 126,000 for 120 energy (don't forget this is only if you get max multiple each time)

This is at best half what you could make under the old system and likely, in reality, you're going to fare far worse.

I believe he was talking about the credit earning potential after a x10 change.

Also, on no planet is this currently worth it. Just change it to the previous payouts EA.
  • I think it is a strategy to make players spend on credits.
    Upgrading your toons from 6* to 7* cost 1mil credits.
    How long would it take to collect 1mil credits, if you do not purchase them?
  • The credit is not problem for me but training droids are. I tried TD event and it looks like a joke.
    I will spent my energy on farming gear only - it will bring me comparable training droids + additional gear pices.
  • I second all of the comments posted so far.

Before, I would VERY RARELY play droid or credit events because they used far too much energy. However, when you REALLY need some droids or credits fast to boost up a character, it was always nice to have it there for you.

The new payout is SIGNIFICANTLY less than before. Not only that, but the advertised payout is if you get the 3x multiplier, where as the MINIMUM payout is all I ever get.

I love the fact that options are there for cheaper events and that there are Tiers. Using 20 and 24 energy is MUCH better than having to throw down 50 every time you want to play it. However, the PAYOUT IS TERRIBLE!!! It's completely not worth the cost of energy anymore. The possible reward (if you're lucky and get x3) is HALF of what it used to be. When you're not lucky and don't score a multiplier, it's 1/6th what it used to be!!!!

My suggestion is to triple the minimum payout up from 6000/8400 credits (Tier 1/2 respectively) to 18000/25200 and drastically increase the chance of a x2 multiplier. Feel free to reduce the probability of a x3 multiplier, but it shouldn't be THAT hard to get 50K credits from spending 24 energy considering we used to get 110K from spending 50 energy EVERY TIME.

Same goes for training droids. 2 and 3 star training droids are practically worthless on 7* lv70 cards. I'm not even at level 70 yet so I don't even have the option of playing tier 2. This is another issue - I think tier 2 should be opened the same time the credits tier 2 is opened. Increase the amount of training droids given to be closer to where it was before the update.

I spend money. As a PAYING customer, I'll give you my feed back that most people who spend money want to spend it on Characters and PLAYING the game; NOT leveling up characters. Don't even get me started on how badly Galactic War was messed up by changing the Refresh button to costing 50 crystals.
  • Valent_Antona
    1034 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Main points

Base 8,400 for 24 energy
    3x multiplier 25,200

Main points

If you "add a zero" or X 10 like was suggested, 84K base payout at 5 times per day is 420K. Add in the multipliers and yes, if you were so lucky to get 3X on all the events, you're looking at 2.1M - so ok. Not quite 2.5, but still a significant handout for doing absolutely nothing but logging in and collecting bonus energy.

I'll reiterate, this should be buffed a little. It's not good the way it is. But let's not go nuts and demand we get millions per day just because we think we are cool and deserve it.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • mi suggestion is that make the multiplier a little more interesting , that you feel you are gambling something, for example 30% chance that you keep the 8,300 credits, 30% chane to get the 3x multiplier
    20% , 5x multiplier , 10% 10x multiplier, 5% , 15 x, 3%, 20 , 2% 50x

somehting like this would be fun

• The old events were a lot better. The actual payout is a joke. I earn about 800k a Day with gw, cantina and every third Day a Mining challenge and I have to use 2400 Energie to make the Same amount with events???? That would be about 7 dass without doing anything else. :-(
  • Just going to add that I pretty much agree with everyone else on this. I don't waste my time or energy on events now for a paltry 8300 credits. If it costs 24 energy to play, you should at least make it so you can earn half of what you could before with spending 50 energy. Why does it matter if people use all their energy on the credit events? If they're using it there, they're not getting shards or whatever else. It's a trade-off. Let us play the game how we want. The minimum for these events should be 25-50k in my opinion, maybe with a chance to get higher.
  • I agree on this. I have a huge lack of credits since the old events were abolished and it is not worth it to spend the energy for 8400 credits. In my opinion, the events suit well for new players at low levels. But at lvl 60+, the low amount of credits to be possibly earned is a crucial problem and the event becomes useless. I hope you will take the harsh critic about this change seriously, Since a lot of players are really unhappy with this change and do not play the new events at all

Main points

Base 8,400 for 24 energy
    3x multiplier 25,200

Main points

If you "add a zero" or X 10 like was suggested, 84K base payout at 5 times per day is 420K. Add in the multipliers and yes, if you were so lucky to get 3X on all the events, you're looking at 2.1M - so ok. Not quite 2.5, but still a significant handout for doing absolutely nothing but logging in and collecting bonus energy.

I'll reiterate, this should be buffed a little. It's not good the way it is. But let's not go nuts and demand we get millions per day just because we think we are cool and deserve it.
    Nobody is asking for millions, I can live without the multipliers if the base amount was restored. Your overly optimistic appraisal of the event is also way out of whack, nobody is likely to go 5 for 5 on 3x multiplier let alone on a consistent basis.
  • So many questions about this all across the forums yet the silence is deafening.

To anybody listening; can we get some kind of explanation as to why this portion of the game is so out of whack? Is it just something we are going to have to pay no mind? is it being reworked? Is there some reasonable justification behind it that we are all missing? Any response at all would be appreciated. Over.
  • I just read the update notes and apparently the events will now yield XP as well, this does not help high end players especially those at level 70 which most people that post on here seem to be. It is getting harder and harder to progress in the game without a viable source of income. I have just had to save credits for 3 days to promote a character from 5 to 6 stars without spending on anything else...
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    That was my thought in reading the notes. People who haven't reached 65+ and don't have too many level 7 heroes normally don't have credit problems. Pre-60 I had plenty of credits.

Now that I'm 70 and am trying to level, promote, and gear multiple heroes to 70i need credits, not xp.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Honestly .... 8k credits for 20 energy is really joking ... even if i dont need it, got enough credits, but if i would be broke, this event wouldn't help me anything. You get whole alot more credits in GW (for zero energy).
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Faff2D2 wrote: »
    To anybody listening; can we get some kind of explanation as to why this portion of the game is so out of whack?

The explanation is simple, obvious, and the one you think it is.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.