First Order Unmasked

Prev1345678
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited November 2017
The First Order arrives and a familiar foe is unmasked! For more information on these new Characters AND ships, please see their kits linked below. In addition, our Gamechangers are on hand to unpack further details and hype.
Cheers!
https://youtu.be/TKfOcB3iOTk
https://youtu.be/HiyWS-TFMMo
https://youtu.be/gRd4nC2SruI
https://youtu.be/ywbOe-1sEIA
https://youtu.be/LOvbhbMLaYU
https://youtu.be/VrHPukqIgto
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines

Replies

• Yawn.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    This is a good post,Koz.Thanks.
    Edit: Gratitude.
  • Hell yeah.
  • Star Wars...Galaxy of Hans and TIE Pilots...YES!
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Looking forward to it, BUT...

...I hope there are more places to farm ships. Fleet Shipments + small amount of GW isn't enough. I'm farming the Falcon even though I'm done with Rey, and there are other ships available, but it needs to be more. With 7* ships required in TB, it's time to decide whether you're going to keep them as a novelty item, not fully integrated with the game, or truly make the part of the SW:GoH experience and not merely a side-quest to get your Zetas.

We don't need TIE Silencer, etc. right away - new ships can stay exclusive for a time like new toons, but ships need to be moved into more accessible farming opportunities in a massive way. Right now you can farm ships in TB Tokens & GW tokens, but since you don't use ships to do anything except get zetas to improve your characters (... and for a little bit of a boost in TB, you lose more TB tokens to buying ships than you gain by eventually, someday getting another TB Star - you'll have to promote a lot of ships to see a single star difference in TB ...) you're much better off just improving your characters once the zeta challenge is over.

Putting many more ships in Regular and Cantina Energy nodes is a necessary step so that you can then require ships as part of things like Rey's Hero's Journey or other core content. Having the FO-TIE as a daily login reward is a good step and I hope signals better availability and better integration in the future.

I plink away at ships here and there - almost entirely with GW tokens as I have no priorities there - but frequently feel that simply saving up tokens for when a character is moved into a store is a better use than blueprints now. If more ships were available for better energy costs in LS/DS/Cantina nodes, I would move more ships from 5* => 7* and if more people do that, you can require ships in core content more often and make it all seem one game instead of Toons and that ship side-quest.

Here's hoping that with the FO release, we'll see some older ships moved into other portions of the game (maybe 2 well-loved ships that should make anyone's farming priorities and 3-4 ships that are much less loved, but might get more attention if they weren't competing for shards with the best ships in Fleet Shipments).
  • Looking forward to it, BUT...

...I hope there are more places to farm ships. Fleet Shipments + small amount of GW isn't enough. I'm farming the Falcon even though I'm done with Rey, and there are other ships available, but it needs to be more. With 7* ships required in TB, it's time to decide whether you're going to keep them as a novelty item, not fully integrated with the game, or truly make the part of the SW:GoH experience and not merely a side-quest to get your Zetas.

Bigger picture here that's 4 FO ships now. Add another and a Snoke legendary event with a cap ship. Same goes for resistance and maybe a general Organa. The path is there. Then maybe they will change things up a bit.
  • Movie related characters, maybe we will get a new Capital Ship
  • Oh good another "new" character
  • When do we get him?
  • Slaythus wrote: »

Then there’s the link that is not a link.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    How do we get him?
  • Where do we get him?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    In arena, does Kylo Ren gains 100% TM with AoE under Kylo Ren Unmasked lead if he does 4 crits (25% bonus from the Aoe, and 80% from lead)?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    Slaythus wrote: »

Saw that too.. Inmasked huh

You know like in the mask? He was IN the mask and now he's um...inmasked?
    tumblr_losin7v5dr1qgvj2k.gif

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Please stop this madness. Too many characters +need too many gear. Too many game mods....
  • kylo is NOT an "old foe" disappointed by the text
  • kylo is NOT an "old foe" disappointed by the text

Thats how their hints work. He is old...as in hes been in the game for almost 2 years
  • seems mediocre
  • Old foe? Oy.

With all of these new characters the credit/gear/mod crunch gets worse and worse. When will this be addressed in a meaningful way?
  • Cool update! Nothing to earth shaking, but some solid dark side additions. Any chance we can know if this is all the FO movie toons to be added? Or will we have more added once the movie is out? I'm assuming there will be more ...
  • Artimus wrote: »
    Slaythus wrote: »

Then there’s the link that is not a link.

I don't understand your comment...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Well, this one is a little underwhelming. A duplicate character and a no-name generic? You guys are better than this. :/

Why do have the bad feeling that these guys are going to end up in GW or one of the other shops easily farmable and the characters needed for Rey's Journey are going to be kept behind the crystal shipment paywall?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I for one like the addition. If you want to go all out for FO, go for him. But not necessarily a MUST HAVE. I'll unlock at a 3* until farmable. Like having that option and not having to put all of my efforts to unlock him.
  • Yawn.

Couldn't agree more
  • Looks like his zeta on leader will address the biggest problem with FO, which is the lack of healing, while still retaining synergy. Good work, CG. I look forward to adding him to my FO team.
  • Old foe? Oy.

With all of these new characters the credit/gear/mod crunch gets worse and worse. When will this be addressed in a meaningful way?

+1000000000
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Well, this one is a little underwhelming. A duplicate character and a no-name generic? You guys are better than this. :/

Thats why theyre releasing him this early. Im sure theres plenty of new charcters thatll be released closer to the movie. Maskless kylo was inevitable the minute the first teaser came out.
  • Is Kylo Old Foe? Is this related with that post? @CG_Kozispoon