Kylo Ren (Unmasked) - Kit Reveal

Replies

• Lord_Massacus
    183 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    With these new FO characters, what would a good FO only team consist of now? I would think
    Kylo Unmasked (lead)
    FOST
    FOSFTP
    FOTP
    Phasma/zKylo/FOO

What would be best for that 5th slot? I would think Phasma, since she gives 50% turn meter and advantage. Honestly I could also see switching FOTP out for FOO or Kylo. Question is really dependent on how this ends up working, but it looks like it'll be almost identical to the synergy resistance has (Advantage TM=Expose TM).
    Post edited by Lord_Massacus on
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Lord_Massacus
    183 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Is there a possibility of getting the Finalizer (Kylo's Star Destroyer) as a capital ship as well? With all the new FO stuff coming out, it seems like we'd get a Capital Ship with the growing First Order Faction.
    Post edited by Lord_Massacus on
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Plus 30 speed and 20% tm on crit and autotaunt?! That's insanity!
  • Would have rather seen a buff to kylo and not a whole new character. I’m praying they don’t debuff the old kylo since so many of us have a zeta on him now. They should return your zetas every time they debuff a toon like they did with Vader and Maul in the past. I’m happy we finally get a DS toon but just wished we didn’t have 2 of the same in such a small category such as the First Order.
  • Would have rather seen a buff to kylo and not a whole new character. I’m praying they don’t debuff the old kylo since so many of us have a zeta on him now. They should return your zetas every time they debuff a toon like they did with Vader and Maul in the past. I’m happy we finally get a DS toon but just wished we didn’t have 2 of the same in such a small category such as the First Order.

We need a full Kylo team to combat the 5-Han meta
  • Weaver9000 wrote: »
    He seems solid. Will have to wait to see his stats.

Ditto. This looks really good. Will make FO formidable and fun.

He may also fit into meta squads as a 2nd tank with his self heals stacked on zbarriss heals and OMG why the heck did I just think that that's going to be terrifying.

• Jamesm wrote: »
    If every toon they release affects the meta, that would get exhausting. Not everything has to be arena viable.

I'm confused...are you thinking FO will not be arena viable with this character? Kylo under Kylo lead might as well just come with a skill that says "Immortal unless DN present"
  • Hmmm ... Don't really see this as a suitable replacement for Phasma leadership, but it looks fun.

I take it back, I did not see his unique. He will have nearly constant taunt and feeds his team Advantage and Health/Prot whenever he takes a hit. Sounds great!

TM gain is excellent here. Only major problem is a GK or shore trooper putting out lots of crit immunity.

Calling it now: zzNoMaskKylo (L), FOTP, FOSFTP, FOST, and zKylo/ FOO are the new synergy and TM kings. Constant advantage spread (crits...), CC up leader (crits...), speed up, self-healing pre-taunter with TWO MORE TAUNTS.... This is awesome.

• Jamesm wrote: »
    If every toon they release affects the meta, that would get exhausting. Not everything has to be arena viable.

I'm confused...are you thinking FO will not be arena viable with this character? Kylo under Kylo lead might as well just come with a skill that says "Immortal unless DN present"

Well see
  • I might have missed it. Is there any word as to how he’ll be available? Event, farmable, etc.

Either the new Super slow event farm or marquee, since the legendary toon will be Rey. Whale dominance
  • JRCPKT99 wrote: »
    What do yall think? He doesn't strike me as OP but may be very useful if a Dark TB comes.

I don't doubt that you're right. Don't forget his ship as well, which would do very well with stacking offense and speed.
  • I might have missed it. Is there any word as to how he’ll be available? Event, farmable, etc.

I heard he was going to be marquee style.

Kidney sales
  • Viserys wrote: »
    I might have missed it. Is there any word as to how he’ll be available? Event, farmable, etc.

Kidney sales

lol
  • Good addition!

The unique mechanics will work wonders vs raid Han and paired with zarris he could be the next GK.

Resistance will have to include Rey back if they hope to defeat a team with both kylos

A little disappointed in a new version of the same character... but other than that, my hat´s off to you.

Any character that is a meta shifter is surely welcome (and I do want to make a distinction between meta shifter and game breaker)
  • Lazerbeem
    90 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

That's all true - but Resistance isn't the meta, Rebels are. So they create new movie toons to be irrelevant in the current meta? An odd choice, to be sure.

Resistance isn't the meta... yet. They know what the new resistance toons are like. Resistance will probably beat rebel, and this will respond to the resistance. People are asking for diversity and hopefully this sets that up.
  • zeta barris plus kylo gaining 8% hp every hit will be a PAIN (28% hp recover every time hes critically hit)
  • KRUz! Great name
  • Whindanser wrote: »
    KRUz! Great name

Might as well nickname him the zodiac killer
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Cool, it's not a Rebel
  • Looks like heal immunity is back on the menu, boys. The HP+Prot recovery is similar to Thrawn but greater. It'll be interesting to see a First Order vs Empire match.
  • *sploosh*
  • Please make him a legendary release requiring Resistance toons!!!!! I will never complain on the forums again!

Oh please don't let it be another legendary character...we're already panicking enough as it is to be ready for the resistance stuff they're putting in. A marquee for these new releases would really help the player base (especially those who don't already have BB-8) and we're already panicking enough about Hero's Journey Rey as it is.
  • Zeta leader ability = DROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! I need. Now. FOTP can be back to one-shotting again.
  • otisdas wrote: »
    I must say I am really disappointed that Whine and Tantrum are not his 2 specials.

Whine is actually one of the specials for most people on this forum. :smile:
  • these marquee events have packs right? sorry i'm still new to the game here.
  • What would be best for that 5th slot? I would think Phasma, since she gives 50% turn meter and advantage. Honestly I could also see switching FOTP out for FOO or Kylo. Question is really dependent on how this ends up working, but it looks like it'll be almost identical to the synergy resistance has (Advantage TM=Expose TM).

Finn's Leader ability makes EVERY Resistance ally gains TM and Cooldown reduction, while Kylo Ren (Unmaked) makes only the toon that dealt Crit hit gains TM.
    FYI, Finn's leader gives 35% TM per Expose, meaning attacking 3 Exposes will be enough for gaining 100% TM.
  • Wolfkid wrote: »
    these marquee events have packs right? sorry i'm still new to the game here.

Yes - starting Nov 9th