Content Update 11/8/2017 [MEGA]

Prev13456713
Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
edited November 2017
<<Dev Post>>

<<Game Update Status Post>>
Hiya!
This thread is a handy dandy resource to notify players of upcoming updates and if we experience any pesky technical difficulties that may result from a Game Update delay. Please note full Game Update details and breakdown can be reviewed via the link <<HERE>> (once they are released)
Game Update Status: Finalizing Content Update

• <<Content Update notes>>
  • NOTE: Content Update slated for release today (11/8) around 2PM PST. Please note that this will require a Client Restart, so plan accordingly.

Hiya Holotable Heroes! Here are the Game Updates for 11/8/2017
Please note that these changes will not be live until client restart on 11/8/2017.
jfbb9yujwumz.png

NEW CHARACTERS
This month Kylo Ren is unmasked! This release includes his ship, the TIE silencer, the First Order Special Forces TIE Pilot and his ship, the First Order Special Forces TIE fighter. These units are perfect for crushing the Resistance!
Kylo Ren (Unmasked) gives the First Order a survivable Tank whose ability, HALT, can Stun his opponents for 2 turns. SCARRED increases his survivability by reducing how much percent Health damage he takes and let him recover Health and Protection. Finally, his Leader ability, MERCILESS PURSUIT, gives First Order Increased Speed, Critical Damage, and Turn Meter gain on Critical Hits.
His ship, the TIE silencer, is a ruthless attacker with the ability to Stun opponents who have 50% Turn Meter, or more. Additionally, this ship will gain stacks of Speed and Offense Up when damaging, or is damaged by, ships who have Target Lock.
The First Order SF TIE Pilot is an AoE attacker who inflicts Defense Down, gains Advantage, and focuses on disrupting opponents. His ship, the First Order SF TIE fighter, now brings consistent Target Lock for the First Order and, like its pilot, a significant source of AoE damage.
Kylo Ren (Unmasked) and the TIE silencer become the backbone of your First Order squad, while the First Order SF TIE Pilot and his TIE fighter bring more options to the First Order.
For more in depth details on these new additions, please see their respective kits posted in the Arena and Character Strategy section of the forums via the handy dandy links below

NEW EVENTS

The First Order Relentless I
The battle rages in this Marquee event! Join forces with the FIRST ORDER SPECIAL FORCES PILOT and crush the enemies of the First Order!
  • Starts: Nov 9th.
  • Recommended Lv requirements: 20+
  • Notes: First Order Special Forces Pilot joins your Squad.
  • Rewards: Earn First Order Special Forces Pilot Shards!

The First Order Relentless II
The battle rages on in this additional Marquee event! Assemble your finest fleet and pilot The First Order Special Forces TIE FIGHTER to battle the enemies of the First Order.
  • Recommended Lv requirements: Available upon unlocking of Ships.
  • Notes: The First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter joins your Fleet.
  • Rewards: Earn First Order SF TIE Fighter Blueprints!

The First Order Relentless III
The battle rages on in this additional Marquee event! Assemble your finest fleet and pilot Kylo Ren’s TIE SILENCER to battle the enemies of the First Order.
  • Recommended Lv requirements: Available upon unlocking of Ships.
  • Notes: Kylo Ren’s TIE Silencer joins your Fleet.
  • Rewards: Earn Kylo Ren’s TIE silencer Blueprints!

The First Order Relentless IV
Assemble your Squad and join forces with KYLO REN (Unmasked) to crush the enemies of the First Order in our newest Marquee event! Explore Kylo Ren (unmasked) abilities and learn strategy tips as you join him in his dogged pursuit of the rebels across the galaxy.
  • Recommended Lv requirements: 20+
  • Notes: Kylo Ren (unmasked) joins your Squad.
  • Rewards: Earn Kylo Ren (Unmasked) Shards!

SHARD SHUFFLE
No rotations for this Game Update this time around.

NEW ENVIRONMENTS
  • Jakku (Space)
  • (Just) Space

CHARACTER UPDATES
The new ability description for Kylo Ren's "Lash Out" is as follows:

Lash Out
Deal Physical damage to all enemies and gain Retribution for 2 turns. This attack can't Critically Hit and deals bonus damage equal to 50% of Kylo Ren's Critical Damage. First Order allies and allies with Advantage gain 25% Turn Meter.

With the introduction of the Kylo Ren (Unmasked), we needed to update Kylo Ren's Special ability "Lash Out" to prevent an exploitative strategy.

After much discussion between Design and the Game Balance team, our solution is to make "Lash Out" unable to score Critical Hits, but gain bonus damage based on Kylo Ren's Critical Damage. This way, Kylo Ren will still be able to benefit from Kylo Ren (Unmasked)'s leader ability and bypass any enemy effects that trigger on a Critical Hit, such as General Kenobi's "Soresu" and Barriss' Zeta Upgrade on her passive ability "Swift Recovery".

PACKS AND BUNDLES

Special Forces Pack- (First Order SF TIE Pilot)
Power up the First Order SF TIE Pilot! This subversive attacker from the First Order can inflict Defense Down on all enemies and call an ally to assist. If an ally from the First Order is called to assist, they Stun their target!
Each pack guarantees at least 5 shards for First Order SF TIE Pilot, and may drop up to 330 SHARDS.
Pack Contents
  • First Order SF Pilot Shards
Available Nov 9th
No purchase limit
Minimum Level requirements: 20+

Special Forces Pack- (First Order SF TIE Fighter)
Power up the First Order SF TIE fighter! This superior First Order attacker will shut down enemy offense with an array of debuffs and a powerful AoE attack.
Each pack guarantees at least 5 blueprints for the First Order SF TIE fighter and may drop up to 100 BLUEPRINTS.
Pack Contents
  • First Order Special Forces TIE Fighter blueprints
Available Nov 9th
No purchase limit
Minimum Level requirements: 60+

Special Forces Pack- (First Order SF TIE Silencer)
Power up the TIE silencer, the fearsome ship of Kylo Ren (Unmasked)! This fast, high-damage ship will reliably stun your enemies and propel your fleet to victory.
Each pack guarantees at least 5 blueprints for the TIE Silencer and may drop up to 100 BLUEPRINTS!
Pack Contents
  • First Order Special Forces TIE Silencer blueprints
Available Nov 9th
No purchase limit

First Order Unmasked Pack (Kylo Ren (unmasked))
Power up Kylo Ren (Unmasked), the First Order leader determined to crush the Resistance!
Each pack guarantees at least 5 shards for Kylo Ren (Unmasked) and may drop up to 330 SHARDS.
Pack Contents
  • Kylo Ren (Unmasked) Shards
Available Nov 9th
No purchase limit
Minimum Level requirements: 20+

First Order Marquee Bundle
A collection of new First Order characters and ships have arrived! For a limited-time, unlock the following 4 units with this special bundle:
Bundle Contents
  • Kylo Ren (Unmasked) (x25)
  • TIE silencer (x25)
  • First Order SF TIE Pilot (x25)
  • First Order SF TIE fighter (x25)
  • Credits
  • Ship building Materials
  • XP Droids
  • Enhancement Droids
  • Ability Materials
  • Gear
Purchase limit: 1

BUGS
General
  • Fixed the description of Fearsome Foe II and III not indicating all of the granted immunities.
Characters
  • BB-8: BB-8's Covert Data Transfer will now always apply to ally without Secret Intel.
  • BB8: Tenacity Down from basic ability "Arc Welder" can now be Evaded.
  • Cassian Andor: Cassian Andor's "Crippling Shot" will no longer trigger counter attacks if it applies Daze.
  • Chirruit Imwe: "As the Force Wills" will no longer grant Tenacity Up to an ally with Plague debuff.
  • Deathtrooper: Description of "Terminate" now correctly states that the Deathmark application by this ability is unresistable.
  • General Kenobi: "The Negotiator" will no longer dispel locked debuffs in HAAT Raid.
  • Mother Talzin: Description of "Spirit Blade Assault" now correctly states that only other allies assist.
  • Mother Talzin: “Plague” will now correctly be counted as a debuff.
  • Old Daka: "Serve Again" will now correctly grant all bonuses to Nightsister Zombie after she revives.
  • Stormtrooper Han: The Zeta level of Stormtrooper Han's unique ability "Bluff" will continue to function after he is revived.
Language
  • The Spanish translation for "Hail of Arrows" from the Defense of Dathomir event has been corrected.
Ships
  • The First Order TIE Fighter ship unlock should now play the Generic Music unlock.

WHAT’S AHEAD
…And make mine a double!

<<Dev Post>>

Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Oh no my Zylo.... What have you done to my Zylo
  • Does the shard shuffle mean that none of the new characters are working their way into shops/nodes? Or that they are thinking about changing what characters are available in different shops?
  • Aww only 25's on the bundle? Couldn't make it 40?
  • NShweky wrote: »
    Oh no my Zylo.... What have you done to my Zylo

Nothing lashout is the aoe not the zeta abillity otherwise i want my 20 mats back too i just zeta kylo 1 week ago on saturday
  • Make mine a double? I can't remember who says that
  • Is it in mos eisley at cantina or on force awakens at Maz pirate hideout?
  • Wouldve been cool to have the new kylo as a legendary event but oh well beggars cant be choosers
  • Make mine a double could be a hint to jango fett he let himself clone so double multiple times xD
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Make mine a double? I can't remember who says that

Qui gon gin
  • The "and make mine a double" quote is right on the tip of my tongue. When I googled it, it just brings up some old movie (not related). I feel like I heard it in either Ep. 2 or 3..
  • Crowtalker
    52 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Really ?
    Where was this on the schedule released in Oct? Did someone just forget this major release? Weirdness.
    Seriously, I read notes from those important people saying they are going to be more clear in communications and we get this?
    Surprise!!

I am sorry, but this is way too cheeky, the way these people communicate and release stuff.
    It is seriously one of the most negative aspects of it's evolution.
    Please lose the cheekiness and trying to be coy and sly, because it doesn't define professionalism or deliver a "good feeling" towards players.

It basically says, we do this stuff to frustrate you because we know it does...send us some more money or you cant compete...

You should also announce when you are going to SPOIL the new movie. Really disrespectful to fans.

• I think the double reference is just double drops :-)
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I think the double reference is just double drops :-)

Honestly, that makes more sense than anything else
  • Draw4wild
    73 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Maybe it's robot legs darth maul, he made his light saber a double
  • The "and make mine a double" quote is right on the tip of my tongue. When I googled it, it just brings up some old movie (not related). I feel like I heard it in either Ep. 2 or 3..

I've thrown it out on Reddit, I'm fairly sure Hondo Ohnaka is the one who says this. Can't think of when or where, but it was the first thing to come to mind.
  • Crowtalker wrote: »
    Really ?
    Where was this on the schedule released in Oct? Did someone just forget this major release? Weirdness.
    Seriously, I read notes from those important people saying they are going to be more clear in communications and we get this?
    Surprise!!

I am sorry, but this is way too cheeky, the way these people communicate and release stuff.
    Please lose the cheekiness and trying to be coy and sly, because it doesn't define professionalism or deliver a "good feeling" towards players.

It basically says, hey players we want to **** over any chance we can get ... to we do this stuff to frustrate you because we know it does...send us some more money or you cant compete...

You should also announce when you are going to SPOIL the new movie. Really disrespectful to fans.

We got the notes before an update-which peeps have claimored for - also these marquees are free and any toon you want to use.
    Really ?
    Surprise!!

It basically says, hey players we want to **** over any chance we can get ... to we do this stuff to frustrate you because we know it does...send us some more money or you cant compete...

We got the notes before an update-which peeps have claimored for - also these marquees are free and any toon you want to use.

Yeah frankly @CG_Kozispoon is being a total rockstar today. THANKS KOZI!
  • Aronael wrote: »
    The "and make mine a double" quote is right on the tip of my tongue. When I googled it, it just brings up some old movie (not related). I feel like I heard it in either Ep. 2 or 3..

I've thrown it out on Reddit, I'm fairly sure Hondo Ohnaka is the one who says this. Can't think of when or where, but it was the first thing to come to mind.

I think you're right! That's why it seemed so fresh literally just watched it on rebels yesterday, that's why I thought ep.2, the clones(also watching that series as well lol)
    Really ?
    Surprise!!

They never put new events on the calendar when they do the initial update at the end of the previous month. Those are added as they are announced. Not sure where all the vitriol is coming from.
  • Mike Mine A Double was a film from the late 50's about a British Spy who teams up with a pilot to infiltrate and spy on the Germans behind enemy lines. I'm not sure if there is a clue in there somewhere.
  • I got it! "Prepare for trouble, and make it double". Team rocket confirmed
  • Doesn't Nico Okarr also frequently say "Make mine a double"...?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    I got it! "Prepare for trouble, and make it double". Team rocket confirmed

But my Pikachu isn't 5 stars, I won't be able to get Mewtwo!
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Make mine a double! I’ve wanted the bespin cloud car ship for awhile! Please be it! But yeah, it’s probably double drops for the anny!
  • The What's Next is Hondo. It's what he says to Kenobi I believe when he takes him to the bar.
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    I got it! "Prepare for trouble, and make it double". Team rocket confirmed

But my Pikachu isn't 5 stars, I won't be able to get Mewtwo!

This post so well encapsulates this forum.

Also I'll buy into the double drops theory. Maybe even Hondo as a powerful Scoundrel leader.

We're sure Han Solo never says it in a cantina?
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    hmmm double drops or perhaps we'll see two journey events in December - one for Rey and CLS
  • Make Mine a Double is also a ww2 movie. Also known as The Night We Dropped a Clanger.

Hrm.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Edanar wrote: »
    The What's Next is Hondo. It's what he says to Kenobi I believe when he takes him to the bar.

I don't mind Hondo in the game at all. Just seems like odd timing.
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    or may be both, double drops and double journeys