First Order Unmasked

Replies

• dad2my3 wrote: »
    The last thing they need to worry about right now is a cosmetic change to the clones’ appearance. The absolute last thing.

I think they wil be added in time . Its like full circle. The devs know what players want .
  • One of these days I'll stop getting my hopes up about Kallus being put into the game...and on that day will be the day they announce it...simply because that's my luck. -.-

Anyway, Kylo looks nice and I hope to get a good look at him once he's unlocked.
  • Why is everyone crying over duplicate characters? This isnt new, personally would find it boring if we couldnt have different versions of a character.

I mean with this you can't exactly limit them to "evolve" function because not all of them are much different in power in each variation of themselves.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Really happy that FO is dominating the number of ships at the very least. Hope to see more FO toons and a FO fleet
  • OMG I 've changed my mind - it is better Aladdin than UNMASKED Kylo... :smile:
    I hope Rey will make him some scars with light saber so he will looks better...
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Come on. We all know we want Jar Jar Binks!!

Knowing my luck they will release him before any other great characters like Malak and Revan etc....
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Matej17 wrote: »
    Please stop this madness. Too many characters +need too many gear. Too many game mods....

Why?

I think they clearly want to forced each of us to choose our farm and with this, bring more diversity in Arena and other parts of the game.

A pain in the "mask" for the collectors, but a good thing for the game.

• hS_
    55 posts Member
    Seth_Ozzel wrote: »
    Matej17 wrote: »
    Please stop this madness. Too many characters +need too many gear. Too many game mods....

Why?

I think they clearly want to forced each of us to choose our farm and with this, bring more diversity in Arena and other parts of the game.

A pain in the "mask" for the collectors, but a good thing for the game.

Except everybody just farms and gears Rebels 'cuz they know they will be most OP, always. Rebels is free crystals from arena. So there's that.
  • Old foe? Oy.

With all of these new characters the credit/gear/mod crunch gets worse and worse. When will this be addressed in a meaningful way?

I second this. The 100% drop rate on mods helped a lot but we seriously need the gear and zeta grind looked at now. It's crazy that you can drop 240 energy (2 refreshes) and only get <5 pieces of gear you need (~20% success rate)....
    I want to buy your drop rate success! I have had 360 energy spends with 1 drop, the drop rates are nothing like 20%. If you are getting 20%, gtz to you.
  • Stayed strong on NS, will try to stay strong on these as well.
    Whale turned F2P, maybe, just maybe I might spend on Inferno Squad, if they come.
  • Ceodoc wrote: »
    Stayed strong on NS, will try to stay strong on these as well.
    Whale turned F2P, maybe, just maybe I might spend on Inferno Squad, if they come.

Why them? I'd think if you're gonna spend, this kylo is worth it.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    I guess an old FO would have been better to describe the hint xD
  • This new kylo and silencer looks cool great job
    I also like sf pilot and his ship because they look 99.8%identical to the fo pilot and fo tie
    having both in arena (squad/fleet) will look like a twin lol

however ns.............imo zombie was too good.. i mean way too efficient even at low stars. plus they dont look any cool(This is the important part for me)
    i would look forward to more and more cool looking new characters ( along with at least usable performance, grievous looks good but he underperforms in game too much, i know he can be better)
  • Nice new toons for sure.

But will they change the meta? I don't see it happening, at least not based on what's on paper so far.
  • Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    A kylo without a mask isn't that exciting and does lack a little imagination.

From the trailers, Kylo's choice to stop wearing the mask appears to be a character turning point of some kind, which fits in with the more mature skillset of this version of the toon. I think it's entirely reasonable, and most importantly, it's based on the film.
  • ZyloRen wrote: »
    I'm not complaining about Ukylo I mean new movie, new characters, makes sense. However I'd be very dissapointed if Ukylo and the new TFP is all we get from FO for this movie

Why would you think that? The movie is over a month away. We will be bombarded with new FO and Resistance toons in the coming two months. If you dont' like these, there will be more choices.
  • The problem is with TB you can no longer choose which toons to farm. You must collect everything to 7* to be a useful player.
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »

From the trailers, Kylo's choice to stop wearing the mask appears to be a character turning point of some kind, which fits in with the more mature skillset of this version of the toon. I think it's entirely reasonable, and most importantly, it's based on the film.
    skywhopper wrote: »

So? Just because of the current movie doesn't mean this is a good idea.

From a cash /sales point of view it does make sense I'm not arguing that point.

However some diversity and some more "classic" characters would be welcomed in my opinion. I've been a fan of SW for nigh on 35+ years, and that's the main reason I play this game. But a nod to the older stories wouldn't go a miss.

We have 4 Hans for example. Now I know they all represent different movies... We have phoenix for the kids that watched rebels TV show... Again not bothered just not that interested.

Sure the current movies are always going to be what is "a la mode" hence why it makes marketing sense.

But they wouldn't do themselves any harm by developing some of the older characters and stories.

Ultimately it's all about Disney now which is quite frustrating.

I'm not complaining per second, just not that excited about this.
  • t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Absolute kittens.

Thanks for the legendary event as a reward for having resistance! Was really nice to see =/

Awesome that you need FO for the FO events and needed FO for the resistance event.

Do you all use my inventory to decide what you need? Oh look... dude is lacking here, we'll require those toons!!

Seriously... this is garbage.
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    Absolute kittens.

Thanks for the legendary event as a reward for having resistance! Was really nice to see =/

Awesome that you need FO for the FO events and needed FO for the resistance event.

Do you all use my inventory to decide what you need? Oh look... dude is lacking here, we'll require those toons!!

You are complaining about getting two free toons and two free ships? There will be an event requiring Resistance for a legendary toon, just have to be patient.
    Post edited by Kozispoon on
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • ^ I'll ask the devs. I'm sitting next to them.
  • Goober1_
    472 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I think the majority of toons in game are from the distant past.
    I would have to count but at least 50% of toons are from the movies in the 80/90's
    I too am fan of star wars from original cast I watched as a kid.
    But I like the new movies/ characters too
    Although I don't think it's been 35 years.
    I'm 40 and I watched star wars in theater
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Absolute ****.

You are complaining about getting two free toons and two free ships? There will be an event requiring Resistance for a legendary toon, just have to be patient.

Yes, I'm complaining. From the info released, we have bunch of new 3* toons & bundle packs which will cost a MINIMUM of $60 with no way to focus on the single toon you might want. I'd definitely say this is complete garbage.
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Absolute ****.

Yes, I'm complaining. From the info released, we have bunch of new 3* toons & bundle packs which will cost a MINIMUM of $60 with no way to focus on the single toon you might want. I'd definitely say this is complete garbage.

Or you know jusy wait til they're farmable.....this is just the start of movie content have some patience.
  • t0neg0d wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Absolute ****.

Or you can farm them in a little bit. Hi, welcome to the game you’ve obviously never played before.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    I would have to count but at least 50% of toons are from the movies in the 80/90's

Similar vintage to me.

I don't mind new characters and the new movies (except the prequels ugh!) But the SW expanded universe and folklore would be a nice addition.

Clearly they have to focus on the current market trend. That's fine. But diversity would be nice.
  • Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    Clearly they have to focus on the current market trend. That's fine. But diversity would be nice.

There will be 135 characters in the game once the new Rey, new Kylo, and new Pilot are introduced. There are 9 characters with multiple toons.

So let’s ease the throttle on there being too many duplicates.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • just bc he has been in the game does not make him an "old foe"! been in the star wars universe for 2 years and has never been a real "foe" in game. terrible way of describing kylo.
  • just bc he has been in the game does not make him an "old foe"! been in the star wars universe for 2 years and has never been a real "foe" in game. terrible way of describing kylo.

Good lord its supposed to be a fun riddle. They like to use play on words and such. In game time he is "old".... it really wasn't hard to figure out.
  • Adoy_IdeJ
    310 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    Goober1_ wrote: »

There will be 135 characters in the game once the new Rey, new Kylo, and new Pilot are introduced. There are 9 characters with multiple toons.

So let’s ease the throttle on there being too many duplicates.

I'll ease the throttle on what I like thanks ;)

I don't mind the new release of characters. As I said. It would just be nice for it to be solely based around the current movies/computer games. Hence the word diversity. There's more to star wars than the new movies.

I don't mind the new characters I personally just feel unmasked kylo is a bit of an anticlimax. Im always behind the 'meta' so I'm not worried or bothered about that... There are just a lot more characters to choose from and it would be nice to see or hear that that may be in the pipeline that's all.

Ultimately you'll never please everyone. We're all customers and some people have different tastes whether you feel they are right or not doesn't really matter they're all valid. I'm just sharing mine. Yours are perfectly valid and sensible as well.

Oh and by diversity I'm not focussing on the point of having the same character aspect. At all. Just deleve more deeply into what exists in SW.