Territory Battles Facts/Figures and feature request

Woodroward
3749 posts Member
edited November 2017
So a fair amount of figures have already been revealed about territory battles.

For instance if all 50 members of a guild do a full completion of all combat missions in a territory then that is enough to 2* that territory. EDIT: ---- THIS IS NOT TRUE

We also know the number of territory points required to 2* and 3* the territories in phase 6.

Now I would say having 7 good light side teams is enough to finish all your combat and special missions for a territory while leaving room to rotate based on what's required in platoons that day.

The teams would more or less be:
Rogue One
Phoenix
Clones
Resistance
Hoth Rebels
Jedi
Other Rebels

Now the reason for these teams is threefold. One: they are all quite effective teams. 2: Some of them are required, there are rogue one and phoenix only missions. Lots of missions require various members of the Hoth Rebels (CLS, ROLO, CHan, Hoth Scout, Hoth Soldier). 3: these teams pretty much contain all the light side pilots as well so gearing them up means not having to gear up pilots separately from these teams.

Now g10 seems like a safe bet as an average all around minimum. Some will have zetas, others not. Bearing this in mind, I would say that an average GP per character needed of about 13-14k seems reasonable.

At 5 members per team, and 7 teams that is more or less 13.5 * 5 * 7 = 472.5k gp invested in those 7 teams per player per guild

In order to compete in stage 7 ship combat missions you need a 6* command ship and 3 7* ships. Now a max gear ship can range anywhere from about 40k - 60k power, but we don't need max gear pilots to do this and the range makes it reasonable to say that about 40k per regular ship seems reasonable. A 30k command ship is also reasonable. This means roughly a 150k gp investment in light side ships per player to 2* the phase 6 ship territory.

So, based on what we have figured out so far, A person needs a minimum of roughly 470k gp invested in light side characters to fully participate in all phases of a territory battle, and a person who has invested 150k gp in light side ships has reached the minimum gp requirement to fully complete all ship combat missions.

Now obviously people may have invested in other characters which will skew their number away from their actual capabilities. This is just about the bare minimum needed (with uber focused leveling)

Now we look at the differences between full combat mission completion and 3* for the final territories: upper: 60mill - (614k * 50 = 30.7 mill) = 29.3 mill; Middle: 100 mill - (514 * 2 * 50= 51.4 mill) = 48.6 mill; Lower: 81.5 - (514k * 50 = 25.7 mill) = 48.6 mill. These figures need to be reached through deployment and filling platoons (but I'm going to be lazy and just figure deployment).

so 29.3 mill /50 = 586k. 48.6 mill + 48.6 mill = 97.3 mill / 50 = 1.944 mill.

So in our final conglomeration of data we can see that a player has what it takes to contribute to max stars on a territory battle if they have a GP of 2.53 million, 1.944 of that in characters, 586k in ships. Of the characters, 470k of it needs to be invested in the specific light side teams I have mentioned. Of the ships, 150k of it needs to be in 3 7* ships and a command ship.

All calculations were made from facts on this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V6EWy8gZfvWMy2cYo9fOAmxSAWxA0mtqSjeix75s3iw/edit#gid=1052891379

Now after bearing all this in mind. I would like to see some stats somewhere that show GP in more segregated stats such as:

Light side GP, Dark side GP. And the guild GP display would be so much more useful if it was split into dark side ships, dark side characters, light side ships, and light side characters GP (so 4 separate categories rather than one lumped together).

The only reason I would like to see them separate is because when we are figuring out how far we can go and what territories to deploy in, ship and characters are always separate, yet our only benchmark is lumped together...

So that's the thread, useful statistics for guild managers, and a request for the devs.

Comments and feedback are always welcome.
Post edited by Woodroward on

Replies

• @scuba
    @Huatimus
    @StormTro0p3R_H
    @Vertigo

I'd be interested to hear feedback from you all about this.
    There's others I'd be interested to hear from too, but that's all the names I could come up with off of the top of my head.
  • Alright, so 3*ing every territory would require full mission completion. That is (541k * 3) +614k + (470k * 3) + 536k + (423k * 3) + 478k + (372k * 3) + 371k + (329k * 2) + (291k * 2) = 8,657,000 in combat missions out of 18.222 million per person needed as total contribution for 45 stars to be reached
  • did you factor in the toons needed for Platoons that may change some of the teams able to be used
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    IMO there is too much variance in what is needed in platoons/squadrons
    miss 2 platoons that is good chuck of GP gone, not to mention waves that might not get completed due to at-at and orbital bombardment

That said. Yes we should be able to see GP breakdown in any sort of fashion. Should also be able to see undeployed GP during the TB's (also broken down as you have suggested). To me it seems the designer of TB when backwards of how it happens, they seemed to have thought you would deploy your roster first then battle (kinda like the tutorial tries to make you do) yet we all know deployment is the very last thing that should be done and is the hardest thing to guess at how to maximize it.
  • scuba wrote: »
    IMO there is too much variance in what is needed in platoons/squadrons
    miss 2 platoons that is good chuck of GP gone, not to mention waves that might not get completed due to at-at and orbital bombardment

That said. Yes we should be able to see GP breakdown in any sort of fashion. Should also be able to see undeployed GP during the TB's (also broken down as you have suggested). To me it seems the designer of TB when backwards of how it happens, they seemed to have thought you would deploy your roster first then battle (kinda like the tutorial tries to make you do) yet we all know deployment is the very last thing that should be done and is the hardest thing to guess at how to maximize it.

This - I get the sense that, I guess, like a 'real battle', you'd deploy your forces - then have to use those units to form up special platoons and battle groups on the field.

Devs need to kind of re-arrange the expectation based on what we have... Initial Scout Missions (waves), Take down specific targets found (platoons) and then finally send in the army (deploy).

Technically all superficial, of course... Devils in the details however.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Great effort in compiling all that, I probably would have asked TI for the figures though since they probably had to calculate exactly how much they needed to be the first guild to 45* TB.
    On the other hand, you can calculate all you want but as long as the TB bugs/crashes don't get fixed and other external factors such as Internet disconnects or Real Life, there's just too much variance to account for.
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    did you factor in the toons needed for Platoons that may change some of the teams able to be used

Yes. That's why there are 7 teams listed instead of 4.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Great effort in compiling all that, I probably would have asked TI for the figures though since they probably had to calculate exactly how much they needed to be the first guild to 45* TB.
    On the other hand, you can calculate all you want but as long as the TB bugs/crashes don't get fixed and other external factors such as Internet disconnects or Real Life, there's just too much variance to account for.

Yeah the "rng" of if you actually get to finish your battle can mess it all up. Especially since it doesn't seem it will get fixed (on the self with raid ticket counter)
  • @Woodroward

Just returned from a long ban from the forum and a coinciding break from the game. I know nothing of the Territory Battles.
  • @Woodroward

Just returned from a long ban from the forum and a coinciding break from the game. I know nothing of the Territory Battles.

Sorry to hear that. Glad you're back.
    Hope it lasts. Not a lot of people seem to like to deal with math on these forums. You're one of the few I've seen go all out on it.