First Order Unmasked

Replies

• Jamesm wrote: »
    just bc he has been in the game does not make him an "old foe"! been in the star wars universe for 2 years and has never been a real "foe" in game. terrible way of describing kylo.

Good lord its supposed to be a fun riddle. They like to use play on words and such. In game time he is "old".... it really wasn't hard to figure out.

Also the thing Maz said about the FO being a rebirth of the same dark side force. FO was the Old foe, Kylo was the unmasked.
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
    just bc he has been in the game does not make him an "old foe"! been in the star wars universe for 2 years and has never been a real "foe" in game. terrible way of describing kylo.

Good lord its supposed to be a fun riddle. They like to use play on words and such. In game time he is "old".... it really wasn't hard to figure out.

It wasn't a fun riddle - or a good play on words. I agree with Liam on this one. If it "wasn't hard to figure out" then it wasn't a "fun riddle". It was lazy and rather lame - as was trotting out a duplicate rather than actually developing some new characters.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • just bc he has been in the game does not make him an "old foe"! been in the star wars universe for 2 years and has never been a real "foe" in game. terrible way of describing kylo.

Yet, the vast majority (correctly) guessed that we would get a new Kylo.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »

It wasn't a fun riddle - or a good play on words. I agree with Liam on this one. If it "wasn't hard to figure out" then it wasn't a "fun riddle". It was lazy and rather lame - as was trotting out a duplicate rather than actually developing some new characters.

Most of their riddles arent that hard its their way of giving us a heads up without actually spelling it all out in advance.....its only lazy and lame cause its not what you wanted, well get new characters for this movie but also lots of duplicates.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »

Most of their riddles arent that hard its their way of giving us a heads up without actually spelling it all out in advance.....its only lazy and lame cause its not what you wanted, well get new characters for this movie but also lots of duplicates.

To this I love The what's ahead. With out it I would never have gotten CLS. I look forward to it more than actual updates lol
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    ^ I'll ask the devs. I'm sitting next to them.
    tenor.gif

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    DojiBrian wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon, when can we expect the update?

Hiya!
    This thread is a handy dandy resource to notify players of upcoming updates and if we experience any pesky technical difficulties that may result from a Game Update delay. Please note full Game Update details and breakdown can be reviewed via the link <<HERE>> (once they are released)
    Game Update Status: Working on Content Update

NOTE: The Content Update will NOT be released today, but we'll be releasing the Update notes for players to review early, and adding additional bugs as we find them.

Dig this as well! I think I like this post and getting earlier notes more than unmasked kylo!

It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I'm happy to let the people know.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • DojiBrian wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon, when can we expect the update?

Hiya!
    This thread is a handy dandy resource to notify players of upcoming updates and if we experience any pesky technical difficulties that may result from a Game Update delay. Please note full Game Update details and breakdown can be reviewed via the link <<HERE>> (once they are released)
    Game Update Status: Working on Content Update

NOTE: The Content Update will NOT be released today, but we'll be releasing the Update notes for players to review early, and adding additional bugs as we find them.

Dig this as well! I think I like this post and getting earlier notes more than unmasked kylo!

It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I'm happy to let the people know.
    Thanks, it's appreciated.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    kylo is NOT an "old foe" disappointed by the text

He is old considering this game. This game launched just before TFA hit theatres and Kylo was the first popular and sought after toon in this game from day 1.

It totally makes sense.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon

Thank you for this post - really looking forward to the new toons - hope FO can really become a strong faction in this game and get their own capital ship too (same with Separatists and Resistance).

People are always gonna moan about good stuff.

New toons and ships added to this game, for me, is always a pleasure to see. I would much rather that than continue increasing star level, gear level etc. in order to keep people grinding away and happy.

This is Star Wars - so many toons yet to be developed for this game, so when people say "another toon moan moan moan" it just doesn't make any sense to me as what is in this game is but a speck of the amount of more toons and different versions thereof yet to be added.

To me the collection and getting every toon and ship in my roster up to a good level and strength is what makes the grinding in this game fun - adding more toons & ships makes it more fun.
  • All set with more Adam Driver, watching him with Lena Dunham was enough annoyance for one lifetime.
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    All set with more Adam Driver, watching him with Lena Dunham was enough annoyance for one lifetime.

Bring Hannah into the game! Even though I'm more of a Sosh person myself.
  • You could also add Black Krrsantan as a new Bounty Hunter
  • Or even Wullffwarro as a rebel/ Phoenix
  • Zenbreon wrote: »
    You could also add Black Krrsantan as a new Bounty Hunter

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Lubuzero
    14 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Zenbreon wrote: »

Seconded! er..thriced?
  • Oh boy, two new (imo awesome) characters, but the gear requirement... Together they need 550 carbantis and 450 cuffs!
    I just loooooove how the gear required in this game is diverse and don't hate at all the fact we have 3k+ of each useless gear in the game
  • Masted killed his farther, unmasked killed his mother, then marry his sister. Skywalkers, what a family!
  • Lubuzero wrote: »
    Zenbreon wrote: »

Seconded! er..thriced?

I feel the same about Dr Aphra.
  • The first order squad when modded and maxed has always been good, but not quite good enough.

With the new Kylo as leader they will be kittening awesome.

The leadership ability when zetad will be a massive boost.

• So... Is no one going to talk about New Kylo causing them to..... Change.... Old Kylo's lash out ability?
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • So... Is no one going to talk about New Kylo causing them to..... Change.... Old Kylo's lash out ability?

People have talked about it. Helped some, hurt some. Someone even did the math. Isnt as bad as you may think, and can be better than the original.
  • 2 more darkside ships are always welcome! As they're TIEs though, I feel there should be some form of synergy with the older TIEs as well
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    So... Is no one going to talk about New Kylo causing them to..... Change.... Old Kylo's lash out ability?

I don't think the change is going to hurt Kylo. I think. I guess we'll see. I think it's more that one toon's ability was adjusted because of yet another toon/zeta being introduced.

I completely understand the math of it but why tweak an established toon for a new one? It's not the same as adding an ability to an older one. Why not give the turn meter gain a trigger other than critical damage?

I don't know how to interpret it. What if I have no intention of using unmasked Kylo? Or giving him a zeta? I think it's more that they changed it than the actual change.

It would be like they add Boskk and give him a zeta leader skill where bounty hunters gain 25% turn meter for each debuff the inflict, and then go in and change Boba so he can only slap ability block on the target for example. Something like that.
  • ott0bot
    101 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    So... Is no one going to talk about New Kylo causing them to..... Change.... Old Kylo's lash out ability?

People have talked about it. Helped some, hurt some. Someone even did the math. Isnt as bad as you may think, and can be better than the original.

It helps in several ways. Most notably: no bonus effect is triggered when attacking squads with Barris, Rex, or Biggs. I tend not to used it so i don’t actually help my opponent. Plus now you can boost Kylos crit damage and increase the attack by double or more (mine gets a 91% boost in damage after some mod tweaking).

It’s just meant to not give him 100% TM with KUM’s (urmmm) leader ability especially since he’ll have advantage quite often. My take away is that Phasma can still do that, then use his special to 50% and advantage all toons, then they get TM for crits....could really ramp up the TM gain especially if all FO toons are 200 speed or so.
  • And we're off...
  • Even though i am prolly not going to chase the 7 star dream of the Unmasked kylo Ren and the other toons and ships i have to say the way they look and the animations they do are pretty awesome and very well done and the kits are pretty balanced from what i have seen. Just thought i would give you guys a Thumbs up for that.
  • I am in love. Unmasked Kylo definitely carried my less than stellar FO team and I think I got hit maybe three times through all of his tiers. Haven't tried the bonus tier yet so that may change. xD But it's nice seeing him just wreck the Resistance, even if Resistance is my go to GW/Raid/TB team.
  • Kekoa
    11 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    More pay to play kitten
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Well I'm in love. If I wasn't dirt poor, I'd probably be spending to get this Kylo up a few stars. He's definitely going to be an immediate farm once he goes ftp farming.