Leia or han?

Prev1
In my team with wedge, biggs, scarif, and r2d2(zeta), is princess leia or han (raid) better? I have leia rn and she‘s pretty nice

Replies

• They have different roles and do different jobs. Not really comparable.
  • Ok :/ but which one would be better in arena?
  • Raid Han is better in general for arena, but I honestly have less trouble fighting against Han than I do against a team with a super-fast R2 and Leia. If R2 stealths everyone and then Leia does her double stealth offensive buff move before any of my toons get a turn that can cause more problems than Raid Han sometimes even though he is a better character. Also I'm not sure that they have completely different roles as the previous poster said, I see both characters as high-damage glass cannons who are usually the primary damage dealer on a team.
  • ^ Agreed.
  • kevsmart
    492 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Han >>> Leia. Leia is too dependent on RNG and can really mess you up if she only single taps. zHan is the best single DPS in the game.
  • Han with the shoot first zeta is the better choice. But if you don’t have that, and have Leia’s zeta, then it is pretty much a tossup with Leia maybe being the better choice.
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Leia is easier to gear and she does not need a zeta at all to deliver amazing dps, if r2 is fastest and she cloaks right after him (also getting offense up). Her cloak allows her to stay alive the longest on your team for alot of damage, so being a glass canon is irrelevant.

Han's opening stun is great against opponents with a super fast thrawn or r2, but his heavy damage gear pieces are at g11 (g10 are some health gear mainly), so you will have to gear longer to get the most out of him. I still use my han skill lvl 3 in these situations, lol. As good as the stun is, an autotaunt will reduce han's main advantage. Baze still protects his dps after the stun, and GK is almost sure to taunt after the stun due to han's high crit chance.

My team is the same as yours, except i have GK, and i just started using g11 leia with amazing results. No crit damage mods, and she is scary by how hard she hits.

When she triple taps, which is alot, she has a much higher chance to one shot someone or burn down baze than han does. Similarly, han is easy to take out with a biggs special whereas she is untouchable. Her buff on basic is also very good against baze if he's taunting by giving him turn meter and ending his turn. If she is called to assist biggs, say goodnight.

Later on, with CLS, i can see how some would say han is better, but i would use them both if i could.
  • Leia is also horrible against a GK-Zarriss team, her smaller hits just feed the healing.

I used them both after CLS came out and I switched to a rebel team. She is great against everything but GK-Zarriss but Han is still better overall.
  • I imagine it's in part dictated by the teams you face. If you go against a lot of wiggs/chaze teams han's stun might be useful to delay biggs triple shot (stun him or wedge).

Leia however is really good if, as others said, you can get r2 to stealth her first. Probably not the best choice though if you fight a lot of aoe dispellers but her stealth makes her an optimal choice against counter attack teams
  • With r2, she is the perfect choice for aoe dispellers.
    When already cloaked, she gains foresight so she stays cloaked when baze dispels.
  • If she gets 3 attacks with double stealth, she does about 50k dmg for me... so yea

I think i just have to get r2 faster than leia right?
  • Pretty hard tho as leia is one of the fastest chars in the game
  • Th3Ch40t1C wrote: »
    If she gets 3 attacks with double stealth, she does about 50k dmg for me... so yea

Yeah, IF. When Han can hit that with his special in one shot, add a stun, and immediately follow up with 2 more attacks from his basic.
    Pretty hard tho as leia is one of the fastest chars in the game

Oh, r2 is one of the fastest in the game too. I have r2 at 234 and leia at 232 with no secondaries over 10 i think. I can still make them much faster...this is just health mods. And then you have to make them both faster than any thrawn or dps of your opponents
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Han is definitely better in arena than Leia, R2 or no R2. There are way too many conditions for Leia to do decent damage.
  • kevsmart wrote: »
    Th3Ch40t1C wrote: »
    If she gets 3 attacks with double stealth, she does about 50k dmg for me... so yea

Yeah, IF. When Han can hit that with his special in one shot, add a stun, and immediately follow up with 2 more attacks from his basic.
    She gets 3 hits like 75% of the times
    Also, because of her speed & the turn meter gain from her basic & wedge‘s lead, she takes like 2.5 as many turns as other players.... so yea
  • Mobewan wrote: »
    Pretty hard tho as leia is one of the fastest chars in the game

Oh, r2 is one of the fastest in the game too. I have r2 at 234 and leia at 232 with no secondaries over 10 i think. I can still make them much faster...this is just health mods. And then you have to make them both faster than any thrawn or dps of your opponents
    Well i have leia at 191 speed and r2 at 156
  • Also, should i switch scarif for thrawn? I have him 5 stars rn and am farming phoenix to get him 7*
  • Raid Han is better in general for arena, but I honestly have less trouble fighting against Han than I do against a team with a super-fast R2 and Leia. If R2 stealths everyone and then Leia does her double stealth offensive buff move before any of my toons get a turn that can cause more problems than Raid Han sometimes even though he is a better character. Also I'm not sure that they have completely different roles as the previous poster said, I see both characters as high-damage glass cannons who are usually the primary damage dealer on a team.

This here is what I do my leia speed is 1 under R2's and can take out alot of toons quite fast she is always last alive but I also incorporate han into my team having both is deadly and can ruin teams I currently run Rex (L) with R2 (zeta on number crunch) leia GK and Han (zeta) and hit top 50.

Would advise a Rex or CLS lead I find rex better atm for offence that extra TM is a killer.

I would say if you can get rid of Scariff for another tank he isn't bad with his offence down but can easily die
  • Well he revives himself that is why he is so useful. If you stealth all except him, and keep giving him dmg up from himself and crit chance from leia, he just keeps reviving himself
  • That is my team in the arena rn
    https://swgoh.gg/u/flashfighters/
  • Also, he has defense down and gives the entire team + 20% turn meter on basic
  • Han w/ Zeta > Leia > Han w/o Zeta

I don't have Leia's zeta, so I can't say if that beats Han with Zeta. But I like having them both on the same team. CLS, Han, Leia, Thrawn, GK is pretty amazing.
  • Leia no zeta beats han because of the stealth?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Leia no zeta beats han because of the stealth?

Leia beats Han no zeta because Han doesn't double hit without it. If Han has a zeta, he is *way* better than Leia. Without, I think they're actually pretty close, since Leia rarely does more than a single crit anyway.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Leia is great, but man does it suck when she just single taps. RHan is more consistent in that sense.
  • if han is zetad - han
    if both are zetad - han
    if han no zeta & R2 in team - Leia.
    if han no zeta & no R2 - Han.

you just cant ignore the fact that han counter attacks, first shot, and stun, are too good on a glass canon. leia cant offer this.
  • Yea but she hits for 18k each, while raid han does 50% less dmg on second hit, i think, + the tm gain from her unique + wedge lead makes her get more turns.... also she buffs everyone which works nice with scarif rebel pathfinder.... i know han also buffs but not every turn
  • Raid han hits much higher in your team if you max him out he will hit 20k+ and over 30k on his special if under a wedge lead
    Well i have leia at 191 speed and r2 at 156

You are missing so much damage from leia if she is first, because she doesn't get the offense up buff unless she is already cloaked. You need some faster mods...i rarely upgrade any mod unless it has a speed secondary (except rare items like CD triangle or crosses), and use speed arrows on almost all characters.

Leia is not viable unless r2 goes first.

As for thrawn, you always need a tank that taunts, so you would have to replace leia probably, but you would only really need him to shut down baze. But you would have to gear him up so he doesnt die right away