FO Needs a compete rework

Replies

• WhiskeyPug
    338 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    As some have pointed out... I’m just trying to assist others with their decisions. And right now, its just not worth it. If others (or EA fake accounts) want you to think it’s worth it, go ahead...tell me where it gets you.

I’m Not trying to be a hater. Personaly, couldn’t find any information regarding this until my post.

All “You tubers” make it seem like it’s a great thing, it’s not:..DS gets the shaft again
  • EricsonX wrote: »
    I didn't think the trooper that Finn fought was TR-8R, maybe I'm over simplfying but I believe he was CALLING Finn a traitor.

That trooper was in a fit of rage, and obviously when about to fight, the villains usually shout out their names. LUL
  • First Order doesn't need a rework. Rebels just need a nerf.
  • WhiskeyPug wrote: »
    As some have pointed out... I’m just trying to assist others their decisions. And right now, its just not worth it. If others (or EA fake accounts) want you to think it’s worth it, go ahead...
    I’m Not trying to be a hater. Personaly, couldn’t find any information regarding this until my post. all you tubers make it seem like it’s a great thing, it’s not:..DS gets the shaft again

Lol yes, I'm an EA fake account (hahahaha). FO is strong. They are not OP, and there are other OP combos, but they are strong. You can win with them and be happy. If all you want is the most OP combo possible, then no, don't go with FO. But FO can beat the OP combos on offense (unlikely on defense)
  • Wolfkid wrote: »
    EricsonX wrote: »
    I didn't think the trooper that Finn fought was TR-8R, maybe I'm over simplfying but I believe he was CALLING Finn a traitor.

That trooper was in a fit of rage, and obviously when about to fight, the villains usually shout out their names. LUL

The internets colloquially gave him the name TR-8R before he got a backstory because yeah was calling Finn a traitor, but I just dig some digging and he appears to have had the name FN-2199. Anyhoo, that riot baton would make a great weapon to inflict stagger and/or daze, two debuffs the FO is missing
  • 2 big problems I see. The first is speed. The FO team should be going first (minus Han obviously). They aren’t, which is huge. The second is they aren’t using FOST, one of the best FO characters and an important piece to their squad. He shouldn’t be left out for someone like Phasma. Fix that and the results could be very different.

I was wondering about FOST myself as well...seems like a rather tanky team with KRU and FOST both taunting and regenerating hp/protection every time they gain a status effect...plus it would solve the issue of FOO being a squishy liability.

Also...KRU is only G9/6 star...which means...he's pretty much garbage. He's got about 2/5 of the total protection he'll have at G12 and probably about 2/3 of his total hp...so more or less he'll end up twice as big when maxed out, which is a lot of additional regeneration and tankiness.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I have KRU at 7* G12 and I can say he is very very tanky. And yes, FOST needs to be in the FO team.

I'll just leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2_BcUic1ZA&t=

• WhiskeyPug
    338 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Personally finish top 2 each day. These comments are ****. That’s all I’ll say. Look me up on swgoh.gg

Have rebels. Have empire. Have it all....whiskeypug. Made this thread because all you see online is how awesome KRU is. No valuable info on what it REALLY is.

take it for what it is. I’m telling you all, FO Needs a rework to be viable.

No idea who says otherwise, are they talking placing top 100? Top 40 is child’s play.... those who say FO is meta are EA homers. Or maybe they just don’t know any better...

Just check my profile.... see what I’m saying.... DS gets shafted again. A FO team Can’t place top 40 on my shard.
  • spicynachosupreme1
    507 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Just wait till new phasma,hux and snoke are introduced. people will be crying for a nerf lol
  • One of the most iconic darkside characters in the new movie and he hits like a wet noodle, and Raid Han, CLS, and Churrit can one shot him. If he had the type of staying power like General Kenobi, it would be amazing but he doesn’t. He needs a major buff to his defense and health. He’s about as weak as NS Zombie but at least she can come back!!!
    Personally finish top 2 each day. These comments are ****. That’s all I’ll say. Look me up on swgoh.gg

Have rebels. Have empire. Have it all....whiskeypug. Made this thread because all you see online is how awesome KRU is. No valuable info on what it REALLY is.

No idea who says otherwise, are they talking placing top 100? Top 40 is child’s play.... those who say FO is meta are EA homers. Or maybe they just don’t know any better...

Just check my profile.... see what I’m saying.... DS gets shafted again. A FO team Can’t place top 40 on my shard.

Lol I don't see anyone here saying FO is meta. Anyone who has maxed FO probably doesn't want them to be meta, we like going against the grain : )

I can only speak for offense, because this is only day 1 of KRU being released, but FO can defeat any team on offense... I'll see how far the fall is after things level out in a week, but they are certainly capable of rank 1 of every day.
  • Buff Matt Now!!!!!!!!!!!
  • So disappointing a tank getting one shot and that’s all she wrote. Maybe more FO toons like Snoke (DK Barris version) with a basic buff remover could make FO pretty solid. But I wasted 5 Zetas on them only be be ok in GW (still can’t be Luke teams or Barris/GK teams).
  • Agreed they can’t hold up. After spending 5 Zetas I thought they would be better
  • Considering he is a whiny fake sith its appropriate.
  • Matt is a Radar Technician, what did you expect?
  • GudOLGYn wrote: »
    Buff Matt Now!!!!!!!!!!!

And nerf CLS ...
  • Why would you asume they ever let any ds character topple the 2 raid light side chars and the boring and unbalanced cls.

Its just not happening, just be happy its another team you can press autoplay on your gw like troopers and thats that.
  • I suggest:

FO Tank Zeta update request:
    when he attack or Counter, he should call %100 assist. (like bb8 zeta) not only %50...

Phasma Lead should be only give advantage. and call a random first order ally assist should be %100 in leader. and in Passive %50.

then maybe it can be good.
  • Just wait till new phasma,hux and snoke are introduced. people will be crying for a nerf lol

Dumb... by then they will be FTP.
    Minowara wrote: »
    WhiskeyPug wrote: »

Lol I don't see anyone here saying FO is meta. Anyone who has maxed FO probably doesn't want them to be meta, we like going against the grain : )

I can only speak for offense, because this is only day 1 of KRU being released, but FO can defeat any team on offense... I'll see how far the fall is after things level out in a week, but they are certainly capable of rank 1 of every day.

Please link your profile because this is 100% false. Did you not read my intro? Dropped to 30 today because of this G12 FO team and no they cannot climb to first even on offense which is really sad.
    Here’s mine
    https://swgoh.gg/u/whiskeypug/collection/
  • WhiskeyPug
    338 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    TuncBlack wrote: »
    I suggest:

when he attack or Counter, he should call %100 assist. (like bb8 zeta) not only %50...

Phasma Lead should be only give advantage. and call a random first order ally assist should be %100 in leader. and in Passive %50.

Current meta is CLS, GK, Han, R2, Thrawn/zbarris/DN.

Just upsetting that they release new characters just to pad DS tb toons while ignoring their current viability vs the light side meta. Not every toon needs to be game changing. But come on, all DS ever got was sith...

You would think we would get at least a month of FO viability before Jedi Rey happens
  • I have an FO team with zPhasma.. they are the best i seen.. such massive damage in the raids and can take almost any team so easily.. i dont see any problem with them
  • Enye164
    267 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    is UK viable alongside hybrid builds?

i was kindof hoping the new addition to the FO can help with whatever we have right now.

FOO seems flimsy, SFFOtfp and UK are a handful to gearup and promote to 7* , the obvious route is to just pick one, so that leaves us with Phasma, FOtfp, FOst, Zylo.

it could be similar to genVeers when he got reworked, launched alongside the tag, ImperialTrooper, they were sort of fine the first time around but theyre not completely at par with the current Meta.

I'm sure the FO will eventually catch up.

we still dont have "Traitor!!" and that new flat top FO Bb unit !

- help us DarthRevan youre our only hope!!
  • The whole DS is completely broken and no single character will change that. Only a new legendary character will change that, which is as strong as CLS + 5-6 new ds reworks or new chars.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Bz183 wrote: »
    Not trying to be a butthead but wouldn't you wait a few days to see how they perform before dropping $200+ on a single toon? Patience man patience

This is circular logic. He's the one who spent the money to see how they would perform. That's part of why f2p should thank spenders every time they post valuable information like this. He spent the money - so we don't have to - to find out FO, even with the new UMK, isn't that great.

The only way anyone was going to "find out how they perform in a few days" was of someone dropped some coin. He did. I believe the phrase you were looking for was "Thank you."

There are several players who get access to dev test accounts, they post videos on youtube showcasing new characters maxed out. Several ones showcasing new FO are already out. So auctually you're wrong.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Why is this thread in general and not character and arena discussion?
  • darthAmmuz wrote: »
    I have an FO team with zPhasma.. they are the best i seen.. such massive damage in the raids and can take almost any team so easily.. i dont see any problem with them

I have FO fully Zetaed and even have unmasked Kylo. They can’t hang with Barris/GK, Raid Han and R2 teams, or CLS teams. Unless your Arena rank is top 20 or better you probably love FO.

Anyone in top 20 gets smashed because everyone uses some combination of CLS, Barris, GK, R2, DN, Thrawn, RAID Han. Those are the only toons anyone really uses. Meta is the worst it has ever been
  • Bz183 wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Bz183 wrote: »
    Not trying to be a butthead but wouldn't you wait a few days to see how they perform before dropping $200+ on a single toon? Patience man patience

This is circular logic. He's the one who spent the money to see how they would perform. That's part of why f2p should thank spenders every time they post valuable information like this. He spent the money - so we don't have to - to find out FO, even with the new UMK, isn't that great.

The only way anyone was going to "find out how they perform in a few days" was of someone dropped some coin. He did. I believe the phrase you were looking for was "Thank you."

There are several players who get access to dev test accounts, they post videos on youtube showcasing new characters maxed out. Several ones showcasing new FO are already out. So auctually you're wrong.

Developer test accounts are hardly unbiased. And, judging by the ones that had 6* mods on Talzin, some are not even representative of the actual game. So if you would rather trust what amounts to paid infomercials on YouTube as opposed to actual players, playing against actual arena meta teams, then I can't help you.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
    TuncBlack wrote: »
    I suggest:

Current meta is CLS, GK, Han, R2, Thrawn/zbarris/DN.

Just upsetting that they release new characters just to pad DS tb toons while ignoring their current viability vs the light side meta. Not every toon needs to be game changing. But come on, all DS ever got was sith...

You would think we would get at least a month of FO viability before Jedi Rey happens

Thank you WhiskeyPug for your contribution and feedback on KRU. I have to agree to you that EA and CG have to reevaluate the commercial value of any new char that do not have the requirements to "shift" the game (be it arena or any other holotable) in a significant way. Asking 250$ just for adding some new pixels to out virtual inventory is not something to be appreciated.
  • Who is KRU? You mean MTRT (Matt The Radar Technician)?