SWGoH Ultimate Wishlist! / QOL suggestions [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    JRCPKT99 wrote: »
    skywhopper wrote: »
    1. Those Android specific promos are thanks to Google paying CG kickbacks. Apple apparently doesn't do that.
    2. Which toons exactly are you talking about? I think they've followed it pretty well, and they've made it clear when they were excluding toons.
    3. No events have taken a year to repeat. I don't think the player base would stick around that long. Doesn't make sense.
    4. It's "random" ish so we don't know when it's coming. It is true they changed the rules about what days of the week. Meh, this doesn't seem like a big deal. We want more credits. They don't want to give us too much free stuff. What are you going to do?
    5. Agree they need to put more toons into the various shops, for sure.
    6. Zetas are incredibly powerful. While I'm frustrated at how slow they are to farm, I think it makes the selection of which zeta abilities to commit to a very important strategic decision. So I think it's good to keep them so hard to get.
    7. I'd rather they just give us updates when there's something to say.

1. Isn't that an issue that makes the a large portion of the player base left out?
    2. Ewoks
    3. They are billing the legendary events as a once a year or biannual event when in reality it comes back once every other month or three months
    4. I agree with this but I don't get why they even set parameters
    6. A bottleneck may be good and helps limit player's rapid expansion, I just love to enhance the characters and if a large volume of content, i.e. ships and characters are in the ship currency then enhancing the drop rate from challenges helps gain some of the other content
    7. I think all my issues really come down to communication. If they drop a line on Friday stating "TB going well although we have reports of a freeze up bug that we are working on, no ETA yet. Get ready for Guild vs Guild, no date yet for this but we hope to have it live in 2018. etc' that is fun and gives the player base something to work with

On a few of your points CGs not going to turn down google money just cause apple doesnt want to participate like it or not. woks followed the release cadence and they never said anything about legendary events being once a year. They usually come back a second time after around 4 months (r2 came early for CLS) and then theyre put in rotation just like palp and yoda.
  • Options
    Please please please fix ship battles. I lost because I couldn't click on the ship I needed to (it was concealed behind Umbaran Starfighter). It would also be great to be able to see the opposing fleet commander's tm when my fleet commander has a turn.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    I think this is a terrible idea. If you were going to do it I would say every character has to be unlocked. Which means you'd be booted off when. A new character came out. Until unlocked. Thus would add to there revenue. Which ea would like. Every whale would buy what ever character came out. Just to stay on table. More money for ea means I get to play for free longer.

Why would you think adding a table to honor veteran players to be such a terrible idea? For veteran players or even whales many of the store are no longer useful and have become quite useless. I do agree with what someone else replied about the criteria to open the table being so low and now after seeing how many toons are available. I would increase that number to 110 toons to be acquired for the table to unlock it. I wouldn't use a criteria that would lock the table again when new toons were added. If this table were in the game it might even tempt some players to spend the cash to unlock the table if they are close to a 110 toons. Which means more money for EA and possibly newer content for everyone.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Options
    abadparker wrote: »

I feel like the criteria for being a "veteran player" should be much higher than simply owning that low number of characters. Also, being able to get shards that are otherwise exclusive to legendary events would completely defeat the purpose of those events.

I agree the criteria to open the table is to low. I would change it to 110 toons acquired to unlock the table. I never recommended shards for legendary toons to be in this new store but rather shards for toons required to play those legendary events. Also the shards we can get from this store should only be 3 to 5 shards. So as to not completely mess with the shard packs.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    50 toons is not very many. "Veteran" players already have an advantage in meeting event requirements. Why should CG give us more access?

As for gear trading post. Who exactly is going to trade Mk5 Stun Gun salvage for that gear everyone has 3000 of?

Indeed, 50 toons is to low a requirement. I would raise it to 110 toons acquired and the shards available should only be 3 to 5 shards. This way it wouldn't conflict with the shard packs.
    The trading post well we would just have to see what everyone thinks is a fair trade to get gear and who is willing to trade for it. I think it's a legitimate request with the number of toons out there and that a lot toons need the same gear pieces multiple times.
  • Roahn
    231 posts Member
    Options
    Anderle wrote: »
    Youre not veteran, if you've got 50 toons..... and making required toons for legendary events more accessible isn't the right way to unlock legendary the legendary or rare toons....
    We already have the option to use our currency from shops in wich we havent anything to collect....
    Gear change might be a good idea, but im sure i wont work....

You're right 50 toons doesn't make you a veteran. So i would change it to 110 toons or open it to players who've been playing the game for 2 years but then the whales might be unhappy about that one. We do have the option to use our currency in the stores but the stores are becoming obsolete for those of us that have reached this point.
    So I guess you believe that when they offer shard packs for required toons for legendary events is the right way to acquire a legendary toon. I would only offer 3 to 5 shards for purchase in this store with a timer like the other stores to change what toons are available.

• Options
    - The drop rate and availability of zeta and omega materials increased to be balanced with the number of new toons and abilities being added. Could be done by adding a new tier to challenges, increasing the number of times we can farm them, players that have already completed events such as Yoda, Palpatine, R2, Thrawn, etc could replay the highest tier to win materials, they could be added to raid rewards, and so on.
    - Shards on ALL hard nodes and Cantina nodes, preferably without duplicates.
    - Removal of challenge gear from raids.
    - Huge reduction to mod costs in leveling, dropped completely from removing. Leveling one 5 dot mod to 15 is almost half a million credits, that's almost 3 million for a set, 15 million for a team, all on top of whatever resources are used to farm through the 10 levels of RNG per mod just to get an effective roll. And, and swap mod feature and remove all feature.

Those would be my top 3.

IMO a good, solid, effective QoL update is overdue. I've been at the game for a year now and haven't seen one. Many of my guild mates have been playing since the beginning and some have a foot out the door as they feel stuck in the mud while some, newer to the game, are not so invested and once they calculate the time their goals will take, well, they just don't have any interest in committing a year to a mobile game and lose interest pretty quick.
  • Options
    DasMurich wrote: »
    IMO a good, solid, effective QoL update is overdue. I've been at the game for a year now and haven't seen one. Many of my guild mates have been playing since the beginning and some have a foot out the door as they feel stuck in the mud while some, newer to the game, are not so invested and once they calculate the time their goals will take, well, they just don't have any interest in committing a year to a mobile game and lose interest pretty quick.
    Agreed. There are multiple bugs and issues that should have been resolved right after they were discovered. We are waaaaay overdue for a QoL update. I thought I heard a rumor saying the devs can either do QoL, or new content. I don't believe this to be the case, but if for some reason it is, they should do a poll, as I am confident a vast majority of the playerbase would prefer a fix to all the old problems rather new content, which often presents a whole new set of issues.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Gear exchange. Whites gear gives white currency, green to green, purple to purple etc. Say 10 gets you 1 of same color. Raid rewards (ex furnace) could be excluded.
    Or allow us to see gear again.

We need way more credits vs training droids but way more droids are provided.
  • Options
    Randall wrote: »
    Gear exchange. Whites gear gives white currency, green to green, purple to purple etc. Say 10 gets you 1 of same color. Raid rewards (ex furnace) could be excluded.

Gear exchange. Yes.
    It's an example where we've earned that gear, we did the games missions and events, and so we have thousands of some gear. The game gave it to us, now I think it should have a use. Even if the exchange rate is poor - we should have the option to cash in huge amounts of Challenge gear (and challenge gear we get in raids) for something we can actually use.
    Nothing for free - just let us use what we have - that works for FTP and Whales alike.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Randall wrote: »

Gear exchange. Yes.
    It's an example where we've earned that gear, we did the games missions and events, and so we have thousands of some gear. The game gave it to us, now I think it should have a use. Even if the exchange rate is poor - we should have the option to cash in huge amounts of Challenge gear (and challenge gear we get in raids) for something we can actually use.
    Nothing for free - just let us use what we have - that works for FTP and Whales alike.

I cant up-vote this enough
  • Options
    Does this mean we're getting the power-up notifications back?

It's kinda strange.. but many of us have missed that green spammy text.. :/
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Options
    I enjoyed watching myself and those gaining there 6-7* and who people were unlocking. I’m not sure about anyone else but it was enjoyable and it also kept chat active. I don’t know the reason to why it’s gone and just wanted too know.
  • Options
    maybe they will make it so we can pm people
  • Options
    There is an ongoing server update from 12pm PST to 5pm PST that deals with chat, we'll see what that entails.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    There is an ongoing server update from 12pm PST to 5pm PST that deals with chat, we'll see what that entails.
    Yeah saw that too. Which is why I posted. I was guessing maybe that was something too do with it.
  • Options
    Mod packs for sale by speed secondaries. +25 speed pack, + 50 speed pack. They could make them mismatch so they aren’t the same type of mods. People would pay money for those. It would help out with raids and tb tremendously. They could cap the number of purchases per week so the whales could grow to krakens but at a safe rate. Also, the little guys could get a little pick me up to help out.
  • DemonKingBALOR
    110 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    i cant be the only one who wants a george lucas character but with the name jorg sucal do i? there was a toy of him at like the very first celebration

717suC8oBBL._SY355_.jpg
  • Options
    i cant be the only one who wants a george lucas character but with the name jorg sucal do i? there was a toy of him at like the very first celebration

717suC8oBBL._SY355_.jpg

latest?cb=20120118041530
  • Options
    Last week I thought maybe I started a little early, and only had 9 of 10 listed for the guild activity. Today I didn't start the challenges until 9 pm and still only have 9 listed yet all challenges are complete. Anyone else have this happen?
  • Options
    Shouldn't you have 11? 5 and three for the regular and 3 more in ships? Never had an issue like that
  • Options
    Instead of going All lightside and having old Han face his son and Chewie blast him, it should be Kylo is required at seven stars and he faces his old man with Chewie. This would so easily fix the pay wall that is threatening to make me quit. The paywall is over the line aggressive in the form of "pay or suffer". I can barely hold ranks in arena without Luke, and he wasn't locked behind pay to win characters. I don't even have Kylo maxed, and I'm working him, but please don't give us a tiny bit of time to farm a character I have at G1 Lv1 3* up to 7*. The gear isn't a problem but the star requirement is an issue. There's no way I'll spend 200+ dollars each for 2 characters. But we can fix the paywall by reversing sides and having Kylo kill his dad and get shot. Requirements the same being speculated, but Kylo in Vets spot and just find a +1 for the second. Like Poe. Thanks for reading.
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ship only has 2
  • Options
    Id rather not have han period. Maybe it will be like lukes flash events first. Reys flash event and if we need the vets ( i hate the name now dreadful bleak) they could be set in nodes that are farmble and i guess packs. The vets like going to the vet to have dental surgery for your self. Ill be honest i dont want to buy them. Why? just not into them that much. I like choice and the tions i like. But what will be will be.
    Yet if bb8 is needed players could still be left out. Now a vet plus bb8 plus ressis is rediculous. If given a time to farm it be okay . A few paks wouldnt hurt. but im not dishing out 600+ $ to get vet shard no way. I rather buy matt. Or gear up a squad with gear ir buy a laptop or all kinds of stuff. You know dont sweat it. um not .
  • Skynibbler
    109 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    QoL Suggestion: @CG_Kozispoon @CG_Dan @CG_Conduit23 @CG_JohnSalera @CG_RyDiggs acknowledge that they hear our suggestions. This is Star Wars after all!! They should know we're passionate!
  • Options
    Yet to think of a better name but something is required.

I won't give the details as it's not my place to speak of someone else's issues but I want to draw on a story I heard. Simply put, a player realised that so much of their lives was planned around time-sensitive in-game actions (such as PVP payouts, energy refreshes, raid times etc) that they'd neglected their children.
    Does anyone who finds themselves in such a place in life need to take responsibility and re-evaluate their priorities? Absolutely, yes. And you know what that looks like? They probably must quit the game.
    But with a focus on a re-design of some of the core aspects of the game, all of the driving pressures towards this type of state of affairs could be avoided.

So I'm going to lay out a few areas where some key changes could alleviate the drain on the day to day lives of the player base. And I hope that CG can spare just a thought that they have created a game that is addictive, fun, enjoyable, and there will always be players who want to extract the maximum possible reward from the game and certain methods of design can genuinely lead to a people finding themselves in bad places.

I don't class these as QoL requests, but mental health improvements:-

Arena/Fleet Payout times
    The window where you need to climb the ranks to get yourself into 1st place is a stressful one as it is, and there's a separate frustration amongst the player base over sniping.
    People have suggested in the past the game just takes your highest rank since the last payout to cut out the stress, but I think that would make it too easy in a sense (imagine the moment you got knocked off just re-taking the place again and that's you done).
    But perhaps something like a 12-hour cool down after payout where your rank doesn't count for anything, then a 12-hour warm up period before your payout within which the game takes your highest rank and awards you that place at the payout time could work.

Undoubtedly, some will say this makes it too easy. There may also be a feeling that pumping in that many crystals (as almost certainly you'd have a lot more people going for 1st over that period) into the economy may cost CG some purchases. For me, I'd take a hit on the actual payout reward (I'm sure many people would not desire this) for the knowledge that somebody out there isn't stressed about missing their payout because their kid wants to spend a couple of hours with them before bed time. That's the kinda of impact this change could have. I do have some more ideas further down though that might lead to more in-game crystal expenditure.

Energy Refreshes
    So, I get that CG want to drive us to login as much as possible. They want hooked players, but frankly there is now plenty to be getting on with in the game without having to constantly login for energy refreshes.
    I think this problem can be solved very easily: Give us the ability to claim 135 Energy / 45 Cantina Energy at any given point in a 24 hour period. The timer should be in line with the daily reset. That way, we're not reliant on finding signal while in a class or meeting, ducking away from our desks or putting our holiday on hold while we claim that much needed free energy. It's all about taking the stress out of playing the game.
    We will inevitably still login loads - you can't help with with all the raiding and now TB's which requires frequently input.

Store Rotations
    On a similar note, we're constantly logging in to see what's new in various currency stores. As they don't all update at the same time or with the same frequency this itself is tiresome. I would do away with store refreshes - have them naturally refresh as part of the daily reset, but, drop down the refresh cost to 25 crystals across the board (this works so nicely for the Shard Shop) and allows us at least 5 refreshes at that cost.
    This will mean we can refresh those stores when it suits us, no matter what is going on in our lives.
    And it means we'll do a bit more crystal expenditure - but 25 doesn't sound like a lot - especially if you're on the look out for some rare shards or gear.
    Remember all those extra crystals being pumped into the economy due to the Arena/Fleet payout suggestion? Well they will get re-spent on this so we can bear the added cost.

Daily 600
    This is such a stress for some people. How many people out there have been in a guild where there's been an issue to resolve because somebody hasn't done their 600 raid tickets?
    I think some fundamental game change is needed here.
    There might have been a time where this was a useful tool for encouraging more participation in the game, but I come back to the fact that there's now so very much in there to keep us occupied that actually even spending energy is a redundant tool for achieving that purpose (any L85 player will be SIM'ing missions anyways, so is it really 'playing' the game?).

The current system does more to cause stress within a guild than anything. Players are constantly being booted or arguing over failing to hit their 600. It sucks. Because on the one hand it's such an easy thing to achieve but then... life happens. Most leads are understanding of it, but it doesn't help anyone that they're essentially being punished for having a life every now and then.

Let's move to a system where guilds are rewarded for simply being full.

Give us 600 raid tickets every day for every member who is L85 and in the guild and has logged in that day.
    Their activity may have been nominal, just give the 600.
    And to avoid guilds exploiting the mechanism by created a ton of low level additional accounts, have that 600 tiered based on player level, so if you're say levels 1-25, you only contribute 300 tickets, levels 26-50 only 400, levels 51-75 only 500 then 76+ gives the full 600... I don't know someone can work that out. The main thing is you'd be saying yes we want you in the game daily. But we don't need you to login multiple times to avoid getting kicked from your guild. If you do login multiple times, and complete all of the activities, guess what you'll benefit from all of the associated rewards. If you don't (and only login once), fine, other players will overtake you... but at least your guild won't hate you!

Overall these ideas as I say are about reducing the stress associated with just playing the darn game. Because a lot of the time it feels more like a crazy experiment out of Lost where you have to push buttons at a certain time every 6 hours or something and a lot less like we're playing for fun.

And I say again, yes people need to take responsibility for their own actions but CG could do a lot to help here by addressing some of the mechanics.
    Thanks for reading x
  • Options
    Please revamp ship challenges for 6* capital ships. This challenge just doesn't make any sense: you can have all the best ships maxed out, you'll still complete it only through luck...
  • Options
    This game has been a commitment for me for a long time. I've been playing since January. At one time I was so sick that this game was all I could do for a long time. I loved this game. Then CLS came along. And more and more characters started getting slammed behind paywalls. I've sat and watched this game slowly go from a fun and enjoyable game, a game that I didn't mind spending months farming in. I didn't mind waiting a month and a half for a single zeta ability. I didn't mind being lower level in arena just because I didn't want to farm a meta team. This game used to be about playing with what you enjoyed. I could use a Darth Nihilus lead and go against whoever I wanted and have a fair chance at winning. I would never be top tier with it, but it was still fun and fair. CLS ruined all of that. Now, if you want to win in PvP you need CLS or another paywall character. If you want to beat CLS without him you need a team that is easily crushed by other squads. He ruined the balance in this game. Before CLS you could see a variety of teams in the top ten. Now 57% of all top players are CLS teams, and far more CLS teams are in the top fifty. You'd be hardpressed to find a team in the top fifty that is dark side. CLS ruined the game. EA needs to get their heads out of their bums and fix this. It's a free game, and should remain as such. Want to slam good characters behind a paywall? Put the people that can afford that on a different server. The game punishes players for not having the money to spend on this game. I shouldn't have to deal with b. s. just because I prefer dark side characters. New characters get released just to shut the dark side lovers up, but then a new light side character comes out as an exact counter to that, that ruins the fun for the players who use those dark side characters. It's almost as if the Devs don't pay attention to anything that the player base says. I see youtubers complaining about it as often as I see regular players complaining. Even some light side loving players hate CLS. This needs to change. I would've quit this game by now if I hadn't invested so much time in it already. I don't want to quit something that I've spent months doing. I'm sure I'm not the only player like this. There needs to be a change. The game needs to be made fun again. It's a video game, it shouldn't be causing as much outrage as it does. Fix it devs, please.
    Signed,
    Your average free-to-play player
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Which toons are behind a paywall?
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Gosh these threads are getting dull. If you don't like the game, don't play it.

And please nobody bother with an in-depth reasoned reply, as it will be deleted in less than an hour.
    Post edited by Kyno on