The Perfect Guide for the Perfect Start

Replies

• Windscale wrote: »
    Having played against the current Nightsister (Nightmare) meta on a new shard I would recommend waiting until the Nightsisters event is over so you start on a shard that cannot get them.
    Believe me there is no fun in playing against a full NS squad early doors, and making one yourself well that's upto you but its not my idea of a fun game.

Actually considering binning my account and restarting from scratch when they go just to move away from the most frustrating Arena I have ever experienced.

Pretty sure new accounts don't get access to NS Zombie and spirit. If you're up against whales, nothing you can do now or in future really.
  • Guys I created a Discord Shard Server to coordinate burners account / new shards

https://discord.gg/M4jAFfd

@ResistPhoenix
  • @Windscale i am with you in the same arena shard and i regret actually using my hoarded account during this NS event, i spent some money so there is no way back now, but its the worst experience i had in arena, specially after everyone started getting the zombie, and not just the top 20 actually the top 50 has like 35+ NS teams
  • Heya Desperado, yup seen your team.

As for Huatimus, these are not whales that have Zombie - no one uses spirit btw its Initiate with perma stealth plus zombie of any star level = perma stealth plus perma rez, you cannot target the initiate therefore you cannot get around the rez without full AoE. And they have self heal so AoE does not work at this level either.

Wether it is supposed to be perma stealth is the question, I don't think it is but every fight they are in stealth start to finish and I time out with 5 my team vs 2 there team always Zombie + Initiate
  • condeducao
    48 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @Windscale That is correct, I have some accounts in NS shard, and it's ZERO fun. Recommended to wait indeed.
    Post edited by condeducao on
  • ResistPhoenix
    14 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @condeducao Thank you, but i'm going to wait because of those Nightsisters... What is discord.gg?

@Desperado My "main" character seems to be in your shard too.
    With the "standard" squad (Lando Biggs Boba STHan JC) i am not able to beat them, unless the squad has 15-20% less power. But i pulled Chief Chirpa (Chromium), Ewok Elder (Bronzium) and got some Wicket shards... :/ May the Ewoks be with me..

Route for Old Ben --> Farm Ezra then Lando (Cantina), Boba (Cantina Store), STHan in Arena, Biggs GW, there you go, a nice sinergy team. Lando (L) / Ezra / Ben / Boba / SThan

Route for QGJ --> Ben/Ezra (Cantina), then go back to Lando, standard route SThan, go Lumi in GW for a full Jedi sinergy team.

Route for anything --> Full Phoenix!
    @DarthZannaH
    I pulled an Old Ben on my new account and shortly after that a 3* Lobot from my 10th Bronzium..
    I'm not sure but i might reroll again, since Lobot (even from Bronzium) doesn't seem very useful. If i got you right, then my options are:
    1. Full Phoenix, then the rest for Credit Heist
    2. Lando (L), Boba, Ben, STHan, Ezra. (wouldnt Biggs be better than Ezra, since Ezra needs Cantina Energy too?)
    3. Jedi Team: QGJ (L), Ben, Ezra, JC/Kanan, Lumi. (are they still competitive enough to get Top10 in Arena? And are they good enough to beat NS?)

Should i reroll or pick one of those 3 choices?
  • condeducao
    48 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @ResistPhoenix Discord is a messaging program designed for gaming, you can communicate faster in there (lots of guilds in swgoh use it).

Yes Biggs is a must farm in GW, after you get Zeb, Biggs has an awesome ship and you can fast *7 him for the events (Palpatine, etc...)

The Jedi team is ok for top100, the NS shards are heavy below top50, even with Baze you can't really hold spots. If Ben, I think Lando (L) + Ben (rebels) are better.

Against NS you need dispeller, that's why Baze is the best pull right now, he can avoid the stealth / taunts.

Old Ben is not a bad start, I would keep him. He is a nice tank.
  • condeducao
    48 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Arena as of now: 19.257 (UTC 23:26, 11:26pm)
  • hey guys, I am pretty new and I tried to follow this guide here. I pulled out a 3 star Stormtrooper Han and a Admiral Akbar 4 star, which one should I go with or shall I reroll to another good champ?
    Is there another "not outdated guide" where I can follow step by step? Dont want to make any mistakes and start over again... Where can I look up my Arena shard every one is talking about ? I am lvl 14 now
    thank you!
  • @condeducao I have chaze at 4* and i cant win against the NS yet, i even went to farm kylo instead of ezra in a hope to counter them, but even at 7* he does great but still i loose since of that infinite revive they got and the +25 speed is insane.
  • Hi everyone,

I found newer guide and there described that player is put into arena sgard on 28th level. Here is 8.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/142456/the-perfect-guide-for-the-perfect-start-2017-winter-edition
    Who is correct?
  • chocolat wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

I found newer guide and there described that player is put into arena sgard on 28th level. Here is 8.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/142456/the-perfect-guide-for-the-perfect-start-2017-winter-edition
    Who is correct?

100% sure it is 28.
  • Hey DarthZannaH, I've been going by Bartrollomeo1's winter guide and he mentions you in there. Says you have done 200 re-rolls or so, and no Wedge ever. Is that fairly accurate?

Also is that why you didn't mention him as a possible good start on the last page?

I'm at about ~12 rolls now, best I've gotten is chirrut. Who would you prefer between chirrut and baze?

I have chirrut as my main, and was going to keep going for maybe rex or baze or STHan, but if you feel like chirrut is the top guy, i might just stick with him. what do you think?
  • Arena now: 16.924 (UTC 3am), next shard will go live saturday night, in less than 24h. (about 20h from now)

Also make sure to join our discord channel: https://discord.gg/M4jAFfd
  • condeducao
    48 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    tazer89 wrote: »
    Hey DarthZannaH, I've been going by Bartrollomeo1's winter guide and he mentions you in there. Says you have done 200 re-rolls or so, and no Wedge ever. Is that fairly accurate?

Also is that why you didn't mention him as a possible good start on the last page?

I'm at about ~12 rolls now, best I've gotten is chirrut. Who would you prefer between chirrut and baze?

I have chirrut as my main, and was going to keep going for maybe rex or baze or STHan, but if you feel like chirrut is the top guy, i might just stick with him. what do you think?

Both Chirrut and Baze are the best pulls, no doubt about that, but between two, Baze is the better option.

1) You lack good tank early on (Chewie sucks and STHan is squish)
    2) Baze has a mass dispel, usefull against other taunters / stealth
    3) Chirrut is squish without Baze
    4) Once you unlock mods at 51+, you fill him with protection and will be annoying for the enemy to take him down. (make sure to level up fast to 53 and unlock G7 equipment to maximize protection). Also don't neglect % health in some pieces (ex.; cross/circle = health, and triangle/arrow = protection). He heals a lot.

Also you can easily farm Chirrut post 40+ with crystals and then finish him in level 60+ (fleet store).

The best way is to start Phoenix, grab TOP arena ASAP and do 3x cantina and 3x regular refreshes and the rest go into buying Chirrut chromiuns in cantina store.

However, if you decide to roll with Chirrut, no worries mate, you can do Full Phoenix and bench him, and do same strategy (however Baze will require more crystals to unlock as you can only farm him in TB store 65+ and Hard Node 82+).

As for Wedge, would have been the best pull, but I'm pretty convinced EA removed him from 1st pull.
  • condeducao wrote: »
    tazer89 wrote: »
    Hey DarthZannaH, I've been going by Bartrollomeo1's winter guide and he mentions you in there. Says you have done 200 re-rolls or so, and no Wedge ever. Is that fairly accurate?

Both Chirrut and Baze are the best pulls, no doubt about that, but between two, Baze is the better option.

1) You lack good tank early on (Chewie sucks and STHan is squish)
    2) Baze has a mass dispel, usefull against other taunters / stealth
    3) Chirrut is squish without Baze
    4) Once you unlock mods at 51+, you fill him with protection and will be annoying for the enemy to take him down. (make sure to level up fast to 53 and unlock G7 equipment to maximize protection). Also don't neglect % health in some pieces (ex.; cross/circle = health, and triangle/arrow = protection). He heals a lot.

Also you can easily farm Chirrut post 40+ with crystals and then finish him in level 60+ (fleet store).

The best way is to start Phoenix, grab TOP arena ASAP and do 3x cantina and 3x regular refreshes and the rest go into buying Chirrut chromiuns in cantina store.

However, if you decide to roll with Chirrut, no worries mate, you can do Full Phoenix and bench him, and do same strategy (however Baze will require more crystals to unlock as you can only farm him in TB store 65+ and Hard Node 82+).

As for Wedge, would have been the best pull, but I'm pretty convinced EA removed him from 1st pull.

okay thank you sir for the thought out reply! i will keep trying until i get a baze i think. chirrut is great but kind of underwhelming. if i got wedge i would for sure lose my mind and be super excited, but it seems rare. the only 4 star ive gotten is ackbar which kind of sucks.

• Hi everyone I'm currently hoarding a bit of energy and a bit of crystals for when I jump into the first new shard in December. I bought a few chromiums and think I got some decent pulls (at least based on this guide). Just looking for some advice on whom to make my arena team. These are the notable characters I have thus far:

Rey 7*
    Mace Windu 6*
    Darth Nihilus 5*
    Lando 5*
    Old Ben 5*
    Mother Talzin 4*
    Royal Guard 4*
    STH 4*
    Vet Smuggler Chewy 4*
    Asohka Fulcrum 4*
    Jyn Erson 4*
    Chirrut 4*
    Baze 3*

Also have entire factions like Empire, Sith, Scoundrels, Phoenix, and Resistance but at lower star levels that's why I'm not listing them. Guess I'll be a dolphin if necessary but really just looking for some solid advice on what team will have an immediate impact based on the characters listed above. I was thinking Lando(L), Chaze, Nihulus but not sure about the 5th slot. Sorry for the long text and thank you in advanced for the advice.

• Illicits wrote: »
    Just looking for some advice on whom to make my arena team.
    I was thinking Lando(L), Chaze, Nihulus but not sure about the 5th slot. Sorry for the long text and thank you in advanced for the advice.

Well Chaze from the off is the biggest thing you have and will give a huge power boost for some time. DN definitely, Lando lead then you have a 7 star Rey might as well use her, very solid damage early doors.

• Arena #19.868 (UTC 11:31pm), next shard within couple hours
  • Heads up, new shard is up, at #98, as of now 1:!5am UTC
  • Hi everyone, just bumping these perfect start threads to find players who joined the latest shard 2 days ago. Top 20 include:
    Delmon Ciiid'r
    Foggedftw2
    Harvester
    Visary
    ANZGC Belgarath
    OldSpiceFlex
    Ran Roth
    PlasmstusRen
    Gimbap
    Jyn Sithwalker
    RadarTech Matt
    Darth Sithious
    Skin Like Winter
    Wraith Vespa
    Penelope
    LuckyOne
    Nicolas Garcia
    Orion
    Galatea Griffiths III
    Javier Skywalker

If this is you jump onto Discord and look for the channel 2018-01-11, the start date for our shard.