When cls event come? [MERGED]

Replies

• We're ready devs!!! Been prepping for months. Please bring him back this month before the new movie content. I want to be able to focus on FO and Resistance in December. Please!!! Super pretty please! Lol
  • Hopefully they'll run R2 again before CLS. I was only able to get him to 6* with the October run, I was just a few shards short on Vader.

Now that I've gotten a full 7* imp team, I know I can get R2 at 7, but I really hope I don't have to wait 6 months for CLS, I've been working on all the New Hope Rebels for when it does come back.

That being said, I hope CLS doesn't run until Jan or Feb, just so I have the time to actually gear up those rebels.
  • I still hope for CLS this month...
  • GudOLGYn wrote: »
    12/5 is the data mined rumor

sounds about right . I should be ready this rip.

I don't think December makes sense. That would be what? 10 days before TLJ releases in theatres? So they will probably be hyping TLJ with themed events/character releases with the possibility of releasing Rey's Heroe's Journey that month or January. CLS coming in December just sidetracks everyone who didn't get him from the main hype and characters they'll be pushing. People that finally unlock CLS will be super stoked and investing money to level him up instead of investing in packs for TLJ characters or crystals for TLJ event refreshes. That won't sit well with bean counters if they figure out that they couldn't doubled profits by letting people go crazy spending on CLS in November and come back in December with fresh paychecks/allowance to spend in December on all the TLJ stuff. Thrawn is kinda cool but this will be 3rd time around for him so the panic farming money is steadily decreasing there. If they release the guild vs guild or DS TB that'll be cool but not something that directly generates crazy hype induced money spending. So they need a few events that induce hype spending and CLS would definitely be one of them.

I would guess they wouldn't put it off until January (or February if Rey is January) since it probably won't sit well with people if they still don't have CLS and couldn't get Jedi Rey if speculation is right that it requires old timer Han & Chewie 7*. So my credits say CLS is back by mid-November.

Have you played this game? Throwing out CLS right around lightsaber Rey would induce major panic farming which is exactly what CG wants.

Besides if people don't get a second shot at him within 6 months, then when?
  • It doesn’t seem that long ago that the event happened?
  • CLS was early August, so it's been 3 months or so.
  • GudOLGYn wrote: »
    12/5 is the data mined rumor

sounds about right . I should be ready this rip.

I don't think December makes sense. That would be what? 10 days before TLJ releases in theatres? So they will probably be hyping TLJ with themed events/character releases with the possibility of releasing Rey's Heroe's Journey that month or January. CLS coming in December just sidetracks everyone who didn't get him from the main hype and characters they'll be pushing. People that finally unlock CLS will be super stoked and investing money to level him up instead of investing in packs for TLJ characters or crystals for TLJ event refreshes. That won't sit well with bean counters if they figure out that they couldn't doubled profits by letting people go crazy spending on CLS in November and come back in December with fresh paychecks/allowance to spend in December on all the TLJ stuff. Thrawn is kinda cool but this will be 3rd time around for him so the panic farming money is steadily decreasing there. If they release the guild vs guild or DS TB that'll be cool but not something that directly generates crazy hype induced money spending. So they need a few events that induce hype spending and CLS would definitely be one of them.

I would guess they wouldn't put it off until January (or February if Rey is January) since it probably won't sit well with people if they still don't have CLS and couldn't get Jedi Rey if speculation is right that it requires old timer Han & Chewie 7*. So my credits say CLS is back by mid-November.

Have you played this game? Throwing out CLS right around lightsaber Rey would induce major panic farming which is exactly what CG wants.

Besides if people don't get a second shot at him within 6 months, then when?

True, but it seems like it would be better to stager it so you disrupt FO farming with a mid Nov. Cls, bb8 in early december, followed by rey mid december requiring vet smugglers
  • Ok @Captain_Apollo Very good point. :)
    I still wish they'd have his event before the end of the year. Maybe as a "gift" for the 2nd anniversary of the game.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • When is second anniversary?
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    When is second anniversary?

@Gjgfthbjgfbjvzsgbjuh I believe November 24th.
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • I've been told multiple times that CLS is coming back December 5th. Is anyone able to confirm this? Also, regarding Rey's Hero's journey is coming as well but what I am having trouble with is which one will be coming out 1st? Or will we have to wait another 6-7 months for the anniversary to come around and then have CLS come back. Any information regarding the dates of these events would be appreciated.
  • maccajnr67
    29 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I was hoping to have CLS event between Palpatine and Thrawn. So almost starting now.
    They told us Rey was coming before TLJ which is December 15th, so I doubt there is room for CLS beginning December
  • How dare you suggest that there's no room for Luke! I shall meet you with lightsabers at dawn sir.
  • Where have you been told that CLS is back on 5th?
    Links plz
  • My Jedi senses told me it's dec 5th cls return, anyone wanna place bets?
  • J1990 wrote: »
    My Jedi senses told me it's dec 5th cls return, anyone wanna place bets?

Dec. 5th.....2018. lol
  • Shhhh, if we find out an event early they postpone it ( I.e. Credit heist)
  • maccajnr67 wrote: »
    I was hoping to have CLS event between Palpatine and Thrawn. So almost starting now.
    They told us Rey was coming before TLJ which is December 15th, so I doubt there is room for CLS beginning December

I'm of similar thinking. It doesn't make sense for them to release an OT character right when they will want to be pulling in the cash by hyping new characters related to TLJ. Unless they're only marketing to high rollers these days they know people have a finite amount of cash to spend and will either spend it panic farming for CLS, power leveling CLS, or panic farming for Rey. The bean counters won't be happy I'd wager if most of the income is from panic CLS farming/CLS power leveling and lackluster TLJ hype/panic sales.

I'm at least also hoping that the devs have the common sense to know that having people miss out on Rey who also missed out on CLS won't sit well and therefore have CLS return before Rey as a consolation prize. Jedi Rey might be a goddess among mortals but if you have CLS missing out on her won't hurt that much (unless her basic is a Nihilus OHK or something that makes her laugh at CLS's feeble attacks before smiting him).
  • Dec 5th came from a data mine. Several of the other dates in that data mine have already been disproved since official dates were announced that were significantly different from what was mined. He's coming soon, but probably not Dec 5th.

If Rey is coming before TLJ, that means she will have to show up at the beginning of that week, which means we will probably see the dates released next week, along with double drops for the needed toons (and probably lots of shard packs).

CG would be shooting themselves in the foot if they tried to do two events at once because even lots of panic farmers would just give up and go for either Rey, or CLS, and CG would lose a lot of potential panic farming revenue. The true whales in this game won't be panic farming anyway since they likely already have CLS, and all the toons they will need for the Rey event.
  • No one who was around for the first cls is going to be panic farming for him if he comes in the next month. I started August 1st, so obviously I wasn't ready for cls the first time, but I raised all the characters knowing he will come back.

It's the unknown character requirements for Rey that will cause panic farming
  • I'm hoping it comes in the hole between palpatine and thrawn this month
  • Lots of people are very certain of things until they don’t happen, then they pretend they never said anything in the first place.

In other words: Probably not.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I've been told multiple times that CLS is coming back December 5th. Is anyone able to confirm this? Also, regarding Rey's Hero's journey is coming as well but what I am having trouble with is which one will be coming out 1st? Or will we have to wait another 6-7 months for the anniversary to come around and then have CLS come back. Any information regarding the dates of these events would be appreciated.

I hope so, he is SO BROKEN, l need him, everybody needs him
  • No he is not, as with the first movie he would outshine rey - the hero

I'm of similar thinking. It doesn't make sense for them to release an OT character right when they will want to be pulling in the cash by hyping new characters related to TLJ. Unless they're only marketing to high rollers these days they know people have a finite amount of cash to spend and will either spend it panic farming for CLS, power leveling CLS, or panic farming for Rey. The bean counters won't be happy I'd wager if most of the income is from panic CLS farming/CLS power leveling and lackluster TLJ hype/panic sales.

I'm at least also hoping that the devs have the common sense to know that having people miss out on Rey who also missed out on CLS won't sit well and therefore have CLS return before Rey as a consolation prize. Jedi Rey might be a goddess among mortals but if you have CLS missing out on her won't hurt that much (unless her basic is a Nihilus OHK or something that makes her laugh at CLS's feeble attacks before smiting him).

It depends on how powerful Rey is compared to CLS. If Rey is stronger, they need to release her second, if weaker, release her first. That is the best way to maximize profits.

It depends on how powerful Rey is compared to CLS. If Rey is stronger, they need to release her second, if weaker, release her first. That is the best way to maximize profits.

True, but I'm assuming she'll be for resistance what cls is for rebels. Something like basic that is unavoidable that aplies an unresistable expose and passive that reapplies expose whenever it is lost.
  • Hello delightful and polite Forum goers

Do we have any idea when the Luke event will return?

I am ready this time xD
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Best i can do:
    https://swgohevents.com/
    No one knows obviously.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    Best i can do:
    https://swgohevents.com/