First order

What's the new first order team going to look like now
Maskless kylo (L)
Kylo
FOSFTP
FOTP
FOST or Phasma?

Replies

• That's just pure damage. Critical immunity and taunts will ruin your day easily that way. (Another) Dispeller is recommended - CLS the best, Ezra and DN cool choices, GAT always awesome, and even b2 can fit since he'll take so many turns.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Phasma. New Kylo makes trooper useless. But my ideal is;
    Both Kylos
    FOTP
    Phasma
    Officer
  • Likely more coming, so need to wait and see. My guess is most of old FO hit the bench.
  • skywhopper
    450 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I think it's still a tossup. Phasma can grant a lot of TM and advantage (which then in turn heals the entire team with KRU's leader zeta, and the followup crits give even more TM). But I wouldn't count FOST out. Having a second taunt could really improve FOO's lifespan, and FOST also has an entire-team buff that can be triggered every two turns, plus his zeta will add some assists. So depending on the opponent I might drop Phasma or old Kylo.

FOSF, I don't have a strong opinion on yet, but won't be able to star him up for a long time, so I'm not going to worry about him for now.
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    I think it's still a tossup. Phasma can grant a lot of TM and advantage (which then in turn heals the entire team with KRU's leader zeta, and the followup crits give even more TM). But I wouldn't count FOST out. Having a second taunt could really improve FOO's lifespan, and FOST also has an entire-team buff that can be triggered every two turns, plus his zeta will add some assists. So depending on the opponent I might drop Phasma or old Kylo.

FOSF, I don't have a strong opinion on yet, but won't be able to star him up for a long time, so I'm not going to worry about him for now.

Interesting.... FOO have a healing ability? What's the point of wanting to keep him alive? I haven't used them in arena yet. I have them all at 7* but use mainly my resistance team for everything
  • Cooncoon wrote: »
    Interesting.... FOO have a healing ability? What's the point of wanting to keep him alive? I haven't used them in arena yet. I have them all at 7* but use mainly my resistance team for everything
    He's giving out 100% meter, advantage, tenacity up, and offense up. And if his special removes turn meter it reduces the team's cooldowns
  • my thoughts are
    Kylo L
    Zylo, FOST, FOO, FOTP
    Not impressed with he FOSMTP at all. Lack luster imo for FO. I do see advantages to keeping Phas, but she is such a low dmg output, I am more against her. I like the double taunts from Kylo and FOST, but this takes away a bit from Kylo being hit. Kylo lead I think is going to add a good amount of speed and TM to the group, keeping in old Zylo for the TM gain is also a bonus.
    I benched the entire Zeta team a while ago, and hoping this will bring reason to bring them back out. Besides the DS TB in time.
  • @Darklin_Sil agree about FOSMTP, imo FOTP is a better choice. At least against the current meta, aeo is not a good thing.

The strategy of using zKylo to take hits and make him stronger migth not work well, Thrawn/Luke/Han would freeze him and keep useless for some rounds, better run 2 tanks.

Frankly i'm just afraid KUR could follow the same path, taunting so much gonna make enemy stun him and at most he will take one or two turns before the end.
  • yep, I agree.
    one of the main reasons I benched the whole team prior to the release of CLS. loved the team, but they where not able to compete with the release of Thrawn and would have been even worse after CLS ( had a new arena team built by then ) all the same, I would love to see them get some limelight again
  • I'm going with KRU (l), KR, FOTP, FOST, FOO. Everybody is zeta'd except for FOTP ... hopefully in a couple of weeks.

I think FOST is going to be great. The double taunt is going to be necessary, plus his taunt is kind of a mini-heal (defense up) with KRU's zeta leader ability. I'm excited about the possibilities.

Depending on how it goes, I might swap out FOO for Thrawn, but right now the plan is full FO.
  • Cooncoon
    228 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    @Darklin_Sil agree about FOSMTP, imo FOTP is a better choice. At least against the current meta, aeo is not a good thing.

The strategy of using zKylo to take hits and make him stronger migth not work well, Thrawn/Luke/Han would freeze him and keep useless for some rounds, better run 2 tanks.

Frankly i'm just afraid KUR could follow the same path, taunting so much gonna make enemy stun him and at most he will take one or two turns before the end.

Isn't that where FOO comes into play? His tenacity up will prevent stun and turn meter can make KRU stun those character before they can get a chance to stun KRU or Kylo. Same with Zylo. But again I'm not sure. Haven't tried it out
  • FOST extra taunt may save tfp though.
  • FOST is absolutely needed. The one I am on the fence about right now is Kylo. I may try swapping him for Phasma and/or FOSF. But the base of KRU (lead), FOO, FOST, FOTP is strong.
  • I'm feeling like phasma is going bye bye now.
  • My UK is gear 8 and 6* I can’t comment on survivability as he doesn’t last very long at that level. What no video has showcased is his focused rage on a stunned enemy. The damage is mental. I do feel however the extra crit damage doesn’t make FOTP hit a great deal harder surprisingly.
  • JTSM
    48 posts Member
    edited November 2017
  • jedibaer71
    575 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    thanks for this thread, i thought the first order is dead...

i ran a fo-team, was sometimes rank 1 in my arena group. after commander luke i was one of two ds teams in the top 50. but without refreshing top 20 wasn't possible... (over night from rank 24 to rank 52!! - and thus with all zetas and all gear 12!!)

we will see if the "new" kylo can bring them back...
  • I think the +30 speed is the real kicker for first order.

Typically you needed FOO lightning fast to marching orders Kylo/phasma/Fost.

But +30 is an extra 5 speed primary triangles for your squad that your opponent doesn't get, and should help immensely.
  • AndySCovell
    770 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I have a fully Zetaed FO team (minus Unmasked Kylos leader ability.)

The problem not running two tanks is that even a G12 Kylo Unmasked is super squishy. If you face off against Raid Han, CLS, or Churrit one hit kills you. KRU kit looks good but he dies too quick. If he had a built in defense up kit like Stormtrooper (empire), a tank that gains Foresight or something, anything to minimize damage would be great.

Phasmas leader ability is better for current Meta since if you have advantage you can’t be critically hit so you don’t get critically hit and trade that in for the healing and extra speed.

Phasma lead, FOO, KRU, FOST, FOTP, and either OG Kylo Ren or possibly the new SFTP simply because he gains advantage quite a bit to make sure he can’t be critically hit. The downside is that is AOE triggers a lot of counters nowadays but with Umasked Kylo Ren stunning a bunch and the fact SFTP also stuns and assist can make Phasmas assist machine insane. We need to see the new FO robot droid and Hux and Snoke before we can see the perfect team composition but those would be a few options I would do. Of course we only have 7 FO toons at the moment as well so the combos are a bit limited.

• the revival of first order is built on hope...

anyway, the might of the rebells has to be broken!!
  • So say you take Kylo out of the team and run
    Phasma (L)
    FOO
    FOST
    KRU
    FOTP

Where does the old Kylo belong? Is he still useful, and who does he work good with. I know I hate facing him with Vader but my empire squad is complete already... maybe just wait till there's enough FO toons to make 2 FO squads?
  • Zombie961 wrote: »
    Cooncoon wrote: »
    He's giving out 100% meter, advantage, tenacity up, and offense up. And if his special removes turn meter it reduces the team's cooldowns

Pinning Shot special reduces cooldowns by 1 for all FO, whether he manages to reduce TM from the enemy or not. Since his own cooldowns are also reduced, FOO basically never needs to use his basic attack.
  • I have a fully Zetaed FO team (minus Unmasked Kylos leader ability.)

The problem not running two tanks is that even a G12 Kylo Unmasked is super squishy. If you face off against Raid Han, CLS, or Churrit one hit kills you. KRU kit looks good but he dies too quick. If he had a built in defense up kit like Stormtrooper (empire), a tank that gains Foresight or something, anything to minimize damage would be great.

Phasmas leader ability is better for current Meta since if you have advantage you can’t be critically hit so you don’t get critically hit and trade that in for the healing and extra speed.

Phasma lead, FOO, KRU, FOST, FOTP, and either OG Kylo Ren or possibly the new SFTP simply because he gains advantage quite a bit to make sure he can’t be critically hit. The downside is that is AOE triggers a lot of counters nowadays but with Umasked Kylo Ren stunning a bunch and the fact SFTP also stuns and assist can make Phasmas assist machine insane. We need to see the new FO robot droid and Hux and Snoke before we can see the perfect team composition but those would be a few options I would do. Of course we only have 7 FO toons at the moment as well so the combos are a bit limited.

KRU changes -entirely- once you zeta his leader ability. He is extremely durable once that is done. He gains 5% protection and 5% health every time he gains a buff or debuff, which is all the time. I can't imagine still running a Phasma leader in this CLO meta. I agree that FOST is definitely needed on the team though. I find that they tend to swap taunt back and forth a bit and heal up while they don't have taunt on.
  • Considering officer out for raid Han.

The first turn stun is far too valuable...

Considering the enemy will nearly always use raid Han to one shot officer anyway..