Bring back the crystal booster, PLEASE

Title.

I don't care if you increase price by $5 or something, just bring back the best deal in the game.

Replies

• masternikolaos
    101 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I would actually prefer if CG made something like an MMO subscription (around $14.99) that would give you 2.5 to 3 times what the prior booster gave you. I do love this game, and I want to support the people who work hard on it, and I believe many are with me on that front as well.

Entice your players with awesome benefits for a monthly subscription beyond the crystals, too, such as a gear box full of carbantis for instance, and/or aesthetic options like different character skins (Hoth Luke skin for CLS for instance) which could be exclusive to a certain month's subscription and later become obtainable through crystals or cash (at a reasonable cost). Think about it. Everyone wins (at least everyone who understands that a free to download and play game does need a revenue...). Having a monthly sub would also help CG capitalize on players who may not really see the value in buying crystal packs, but do see the value in spending what they consider a more reasonable monthly amount to accelerate their character gear/shard grinds and so on. Pay-to-accelerate, not to win. In addition, a monthly sub allows for the current micro-transaction packs to stay there for those who buy them, and in essence, CG gets revenue from both systems running in parallel.

Finally, as a suggestion, I would personally be more inclined to buy marquee packs if instead of $20.00, they were around $5.00 to $10.00.
    Post edited by masternikolaos on
  • I would actually prefer if they made something like an MMO subscription that would give you twice to 2.5 times what the prior booster gave you. I do love this game, and I want to support the people who work hard on it, and I believe many are with me on that front as well. Entice your players with awesome benefits for a monthly subscription and everyone wins; more people support CG with their monthly sub, and the players who support get fair, but not pay to win stuff (better as an accelerate).

Smart idea
  • I am happy with the crystals from fleet arena instead... more crystals and they come for free if u invest in your fleet
  • They used to get cash from me... now they don’t. I renewed them every month rationalized as a subscription cost. Now, I play for free
  • Same here, I play for free for now, as long as they don't bring them back
  • Last time they earned money from me was when i renewed the crystal booster suscription for the last time..
  • Last time they earned money from me was when i renewed the crystal booster suscription for the last time..

Same
  • +1 OP
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Startomsto wrote: »
    I am happy with the crystals from fleet arena instead... more crystals and they come for free if u invest in your fleet

This. I had already invested in fleet so I will gladly take 300-400 crystals for free every day over 100 crystals every day for ~50 cents each day.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Startomsto wrote: »
    I am happy with the crystals from fleet arena instead... more crystals and they come for free if u invest in your fleet

This. I had already invested in fleet so I will gladly take 300-400 crystals for free every day over 100 crystals every day for ~50 cents each day.

I think that’s great. Arena is also my crystal catalyst. I’m not saying I felt like 100 crystals a day was enough for me to consistently dish out $4.99 each month, but I do want to support the game monetarily, just in a way that follows a more MMO like approach. Also, new players who are largely F2P will have a loooong climb to the top on older shards, and I believe such a subscription would help speed up their progress so they can reach end-game content faster than they would otherwise.

• It must have been against some countries laws or something, else they would not have removed it.
  • I used to spend about $15 / month keeping these boosters rolling. Since they got rid of them, I have stopped buying. Their loss I suppose?
  • Valariel wrote: »
    I used to spend about $15 / month keeping these boosters rolling. Since they got rid of them, I have stopped buying. Their loss I suppose?

Ditto, and completely their loss. For now anyway lol.
  • I'll spend money when they start actually letting me get a 4* toon for 10 bucks...