Weekly dev/news report #4 (12/11/17)

Waez
286 posts Member
edited November 2017
Hiya Hello there!

It’s Sunday, and like every Sunday, it’s time for a weekly recap! Last week’s recap is available here!

There wasn’t much non-official activity, but a few rumors have made their way onto the holotables.
As usual, the report will be divided into 3 parts: Official announcements, Dev insights and Rumors.

Keep in mind that everything underlined is a clickable link.

Let’s dive in!

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

- We had a new content update on the 8th, introducing 2 new FO characters and ships, Kylo Ren Unmasked and First Order Special Forces Tie Fighter Pilot Stromtrooper Commander Soldier (someone should check if CG’s naming division is still drunk, because it’s starting to get ridiculous). The update also fixed a few bugs, the most notable being BB8’s Data Transfer ability now correctly granting the buff to an ally who doesn’t have it, and not reducing event abilities’ cooldowns For instance in the previous Ground War event). Link

- Some clarification was given regarding the schedule of Credit and Training Droid Heists. Kozispoon confirmed what many players already knew: These events are not actually random, but scheduled by the devs (what a shocker). She also confirmed that going forward, they would adapt the cadence to match event and character releases, in order to give us Heists when we supposedly need them (even though it’s pretty much all the time, heh). Link, Video

- A new Star Wars Trilogy was officially announced! Since Kozi shared the news, we are likely going to get content from this new trilogy in the game (what a wild guess). Link

DEV INSIGHTS

- Kozi confirmed again that they are working on the tickets counter bug (amen). A fix should arrive “Soon”™. Link

- Capgasp confirmed that players need to be Lvl. 60 to unlock Ship Marquee events (which makes sense, since ships unlock at Lvl. 60). Link

- Capgasp gave some information on the new legendary character, spooky table. He explained that since it’s not a flesh-and-blood character, it cannot be critically hit (but somehow a stick hit can damage it?). It’s also immune to Annihilate (sadface), but it can be dunked by Savage if below 50% Health to speed things up. Link

- There was a “stuck on loading” bug going around these last few days, and Hiddenspring84 stepped in to confirm they are working on it. Probably the most crucial information this week. Link

- And finally, Capgasp blessed us with a SWGOH-themed “git gud”. Link The only reaction you should have

RUMORS

Warning
: This section talks about rumors. If you can read, then you probably already know that, but someone on the Forums literally told me to get a life because I was sharing “pointless speculations”. So disclaimer: If you’re easily triggered, stay away from this section and go play in a blender instead.

- The latest Content Update dropped a very subtle hint in the “What’s Ahead” section: “And make mine a double!”. My theory. Or, you know, it’s just double drops for the game’s second anniversary on the 24th.

- A screenshot of a Separatist Capital Ship surfaced. It was fake. In my opinion, all the content until TLJ will be focused on the Sequel era, so don’t expect anything like this before next year.

- Some people shared a bunch of apparently leaked “facts” that state the following: Revan is confirmed and will follow the Wicket/Talzin cadence, DS TB will come in 3-4 months, Guild Wars is ready and coming very soon (this month or the next one), Inferno squad is apparently not coming (booh). Take it with a grain of salt.

So that wraps it up. Any question, comment, mistake I made or stuff I forgot, feel free to comment and I’ll gladly answer you or edit the main post if needed.

As usual, everything is available on my Youtube Channel

Good luck on the holotables!

Replies

• Very well done!
  • Just give me Revan.
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    Very well done!

Did you just make that account to comment on that thread?
  • Totally can see Revan being a Marquee Event. CG will make more money from the packs, then if Revan was a Legendary Event.
  • swajda8819 wrote: »
    Totally can see Revan being a Marquee Event. CG will make more money from the packs, then if Revan was a Legendary Event.

Unless he is for DS TB prize I agree
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I love these posts. I searched in art and media just for it.

For me Revan needs to be the 1st toon that can be played ls and ds nodes. Also a crazy event that requires Jedi and sith - possibly 14 rounds to get to 7*
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    In addition to the usual great roundup, thanks for the additional laughs this time around.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    I love these posts. I searched in art and media just for it.

For me Revan needs to be the 1st toon that can be played ls and ds nodes. Also a crazy event that requires Jedi and sith - possibly 14 rounds to get to 7*

If you're interested, they are also available on Reddit, and probably more visible there.
    Or you can just come here every Sunday, as I'm trying to stick to that schedule!
    TVF wrote: »
    In addition to the usual great roundup, thanks for the additional laughs this time around.

Thanks! I'm trying to make them entertaining as well as informative. It makes them more bearable for casual players, and adds value to the content itself, which I think is great!