Breaking Galactic War?

I just won a battle and ran through a GW table with a team at 98,650 power. The final node, which I have not attempted yet, is a team with LESS overall power than me.

Will it break tomorrow, after I fight this final node and restart, or can GW no longer be broken?

Replies

• It can still be broken. Though we don't know how exactly. May still be a power threshold or bugged individual accts. The guildmate who gets broken node 12's is below that power level slightly.
  • The power rating that counts for GW matchmaking is still the old one (tanky characters get more power), which you can see in swgoh.gg as "stat power".
    It's been said that your baseline power is taken from the highest powered team you got a victory in Arena with, and if you go above some threshold, you break Node 12, then Node 11, then perhaps Node 10 (never seen it myself).
    It's not super consistent, there are times where it breaks/unbreaks every other day.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • skywhopper
    450 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I think the number required to break rises slowly as people build up their highest-power teams' old-style power (where mods' specific stats numbers actually matter). But IIRC, 52k of the old "stat power" is a good bet. I've heard different things about what wins are required, but I had my node 12 broken a long time ago, then when G12 came out that changed. I struggled for a few days and then I went to swgoh.gg, looked up the "stat power" on all of my G10+ toons, took the top five, even though the team made no sense, and beat the first node of GW with that team, and on that day and ever since once again my node 12 has been broken.
  • The exact rating needed is based on your shard. And it will get higher as people gear up and swap mods.
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    The power rating that counts for GW matchmaking is still the old one (tanky characters get more power), which you can see in swgoh.gg as "stat power".
    It's been said that your baseline power is taken from the highest powered team you got a victory in Arena with, and if you go above some threshold, you break Node 12, then Node 11, then perhaps Node 10 (never seen it myself).
    It's not super consistent, there are times where it breaks/unbreaks every other day.

Node 9 breaks after 11. Broken 12, 11 and 9 is the best I’ve been able to manage so I’m not sure if 10 or 6 would break next after 9.
  • Ok I'm a little lost as to what it means to break gw? Can any one help with this only cause I'm about to get my first gear 10 toon and don't want to start running across g12 cls teams all of a sudden.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

The team's you fight are based on player built teams, so no it will not stay broken becuse as players build better teams the matching algorithm will find one that fits the calculated value. The "broken node" comes from the fact that on the last nodes where you are matched at over 100% of your power rating, therr is no team of that value and it goes to a "defalut" account.
    These accounts are similar to the "borrow" accounts you see that are not you ally.

As a side note the power that we seen now is still not the power used in the GW calculation, GW still works off the old power ratings.
  • Thanks everyone! Is 52k roughly the number to shoot for?
  • You should vote in the poll going if the 12th node you are aloud a 6th ally. Interesting thoughts going in there. Just saying
  • MikeSkyWalker
    40 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Ran a team at 52,600 yesterday. Didn't break. Ended up facing a team with 8 zeta and a g12 Mother. For the record...
  • 52,500 was way back when G12 was not in yet. I don’t know how much it takes to break the 12th node, but I broke 11th node with approximately 57,500 Stat Power.
  • MikeSkyWalker
    40 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Are you sure? I had it broken with far less than that the week before g12 was installed. You may be thinking of a node other than 12? I know people were saying 48 for 12, 50 for 11 about that time. And seeing as 52k matched me with an 8 zeta team, I'd say I am VERY close...

Sending in a 53k team tomorrow. So we will find out.
  • I inadvertently broke it with a 53,200 Stat Power team three days ago. So, it’s definitely not 57k SP. Or there are more factors to it...
  • Ambassador wrote: »
    I inadvertently broke it with a 53,200 Stat Power team three days ago. So, it’s definitely not 57k SP. Or there are more factors to it...

57500 was for 11th node. Not 12th
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Ambassador wrote: »
    I inadvertently broke it with a 53,200 Stat Power team three days ago. So, it’s definitely not 57k SP. Or there are more factors to it...

57500 was for 11th node. Not 12th
    Oh yes, I now see it. I won’t try that, I’m already disappointed to have broken 12th. ^^
  • Does anyone have a current power rating to aim for? Sick of cls/rhan/r2/gk plus one all gold all zeta teams to pit my entire roster against!!
  • Seems right. Had a 53k run today get stopped at node 11 with a team I normally see in 12. So most likely broken node 12! Try again tomorrow.
  • 12 indeed breaks at 53k. Currently.
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    The power rating that counts for GW matchmaking is still the old one (tanky characters get more power), which you can see in swgoh.gg as "stat power".

Where is this "stat power" located? I couldn't find it.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    You can still see it on swgoh.gg if you link your profile there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • QQKKK41.png