Territory Battle and War - Guild Leader and Officer Tools Update [MEGA]

Replies

• JedTumbo wrote: »
    Why would they remove the mandatory 3* lock? Seems like a great idea! No wasted efforts, and with the ability to track performance per phase in game, no big deal if you miss a phase because it’s already 3*. If anything, should encourage more timely completion of each phase
    If you are worried about individual scores that much, you are missing the point of an event where everyone gets the same rewards regardless of final score.
    For our guild, and me personally, I also am perfectly fine with it too. I was kind of surprised with other's reactions - but I can back them all. Personally, if my guild springs forth and I can skip some of the endlessly monotonous waves or troops, I'll take it.
    Still think my on idea on the 'fix' to the proposal is best - you hit 3*'s it locks (as is currently proposed), if BOTH non-ship areas are 3* then the other one unlocks (as it simply doesn't matter anymore, and if people want to rock it, they can.)
    ^My idea also means a busy or absentee officer won't mess it up for anyone else.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • scuba wrote: »
    Hmm... Maybe it is just me but these are not the tools I was looking for.

I want:
    Officer applied Lock to specific platoons from filling
    Officer applied lock to deployment
    In game message board that any officer can change so current directives can be seen at any point/time.

Officer applied means we can lock and then unlock them.

The stats update is good but that is about it.

Your tools do not stop deployment to the wrong territory
    Example if I want the Guild to only deploy south there is nothing stopping them from deploying middle.

I know I'm like super late on this, but +1000 to this. These updates are nice, but it's like needing a cavity filled and getting sealants put on your other teeth. Doesn't really solve the biggest problem, which is wasted TP for guilds trying to optimize. Maybe this is nice for guilds willing to not have all members complete the combat missions, which would be a huge waste of resources.
  • JedTumbo wrote: »
    Why would they remove the mandatory 3* lock? Seems like a great idea! No wasted efforts, and with the ability to track performance per phase in game, no big deal if you miss a phase because it’s already 3*. If anything, should encourage more timely completion of each phase

If you are worried about individual scores that much, you are missing the point of an event where everyone gets the same rewards regardless of final score.

1) People have lives and are located in different time zones...so you are punishing people who cannot make it to TB early or for sleeping. That results in less desire to participate.

2) 99% knows not to deploy in 3 star territory. There is no need for a lock.

3) As an officer of a guild who gets about 30-32 stars...it is important to track participation and contributions, we need everyone to participate.

4) There is absolutely no benefit to locking a phase with 3 stars. Conversely there are tremendous benefits to allowing officers to lock specific phases, deployments, and especially platoons.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The tools for viewing TB phase by phase are in play. It's a good start.
  • Please make phase stats a left outer join. I need to see the nulls to know who hasn't done the mission.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    As a leader myself, it was a nice surprise today to see the viewing feature live. Did a mini celebration dance.

7ixzibokdx9h.gif
  • bsipe9
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Viewing the stats by Phase is nice, but it would be great if it showed all members, not just the ones who have participated. Show all members with zero once the phase launches and then update accordingly. ie. Later in the phase, when there are 48 or 49 members listed, it's not always obvious which 50th member is missing from the list. If, however, that 50th (and maybe 49th, 48th, etc) member was listed at the bottom with their zero, it would instantly be known exactly which members hadn't participated yet.
  • Does anyone know yet if the phases will lock at 3*? Our guild is gonna freak out once they realize that contributions are locked at 3* (if that was implemented as well) since combat missions are a requirement for members.
  • Gotta love the stealth drop on this update.
    Can you tell us what the deal is @CG_Kozispoon ?
    The tools we asked for aren't here. Specifically, we asked if you could list ALL guild members in those CM waves completed by phase so we can see exactly who is missing. You talk about saving officers time, this is the #1 time suck.
    GP deployed in a phase is a bit misleading too - it's counting ALL deployments including platoon fills and CM teams.
    Today isn't locking at 3* but what are we supposed to expect going forward?
    Are the "any officer can post/send a TB message" available? I don't see how if they are.
    In short, a little info on what's live and what's still coming would be appreciated!
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    The tracker is better than the one we had, absolutly, no doubt about that, and a major step in the right direction
    This is the sheet many use to follow the guilds progress (just one tab out of an advanced spreedsheet by Tigore)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JjxcKtJFNHS9Lwnv798LNuSjf5slig2J4TWmF2y2Iek/edit?usp=sharing
    Devs please take a look at it, for future inspiration

Here's the links for where it came from, if anyone is interested, Do Not Request Edit Access to the Spreadsheet! just make a copy
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DSYWU51tJZrbRD6IYLw47lKRHidY-djFSHrUai_TNrA/edit?usp=sharing
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16en4B414hSFwGnxXQWtSH9Yowa0Cm-IYeB4zn16wI58/edit?usp=sharing
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • I have gladly seen that CGs have implemented new player-tracking tools. That has been an improvement since we started organizing TB-stages...

BUT !!!
    When we talk about its practicality , we cannot say the same thing as it was intended to do.
    We need to see and detect who is missing in that specific stage . Unfortunately "0" value has been omitted in the list. Thus we have to dig in the guild's players-data to figure it out who is the missing person in the guild's Database ! As we have experience the same thing in the missing "daily raid tickets ", We have to scan and find the person(s) through another 49 players.

Please improve that enhancement for proper usage!
  • Well said, Ersin. The new features are an improvement, but some important additional steps can/should be taken.
  • Ideal solution would be an "N\A"for those that didn't made any attempts at Combat missions and something like 3/6 for those that did. This would show why tried and who failed.
    And another trivial design issue is ordering. Who did the most GP contribution is nice, but may be I'm more interested in who didn't, and so an inverse ordering would be great. And an alphabetic ordering, would enable to go through the different stats to follow up a particular member's performance.
    Ideally we should be able to export data. The most important feature of the game is swgoh.gg, which was not made by CG. Second one is the Tigore's spreadsheet and Battle Planner to handle TB. So, this game is bearable thanks to community tools. Help them simplify them.
  • Maybe they are reading and fixing it rn? Also allowing people to hit after 3*
  • Just to echo a couple of comments earlier:
    - number of missions per phase is only useful if members with 0 are included on the list
    - Number of waves completed per phase would’ve been even better, again with members with 0 included

As it stands, we will need to continue to utilize our spreadsheets and no time reduction for officers has been achieved with the portion of the updates deployed so far.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited November 2017
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Gotta love the stealth drop on this update.

Hiya!
    The bulk of (if not all of) this content is not live. What is live is a placeholder/preview that was implemented in our last content update that is not fully operational. So in short, stuff missing! Said stuff (as well as the rest of the content detailed in @CG_Carrie 's post) will soon follow in our impending Version Update.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Muaddib wrote: »

Hiya!
    The bulk of (if not all of) this content is not live. What is live is a placeholder/preview that was implemented in our last content update that is not fully operational. So in short, stuff missing! Said stuff (as well as the rest of the content detailed in @CG_Carrie 's post) will soon follow in our impending Version Update.

Very nice. Do you think you can throw popcorn at the 'powers that be' to put in the entire guild list of names too? I'd love to say I have all 50 names in my guild memorized and can see who's missing on sight... but I don't.
    I think we'd love a red N/A or a big fat red 0, but the classic "--" would be fine too.
    OR... the dreaded red X
    tumblr_mpfruceST61qcuyndo1_500.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice

Hiya!

This is despite the overwhelming feedback that territory CM lock is not desired by 99.9999% of the player base / Guild Leaders / Officers, right?

Way to go guys. Really unhelpful.

Dingo
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    edited November 2017

Hiya!

Thanks Kozi.
    Can we have a chat about this? Certainly feels like no one is listening to the issues we've outlined which would make these tools and changes the opposite of helpful.

Hiya!

Thanks Kozi.
    Can we have a chat about this? Certainly feels like no one is listening to the issues we've outlined which would make these tools and changes the opposite of helpful.

Ding ding ding.
  • It is not that hard.

Give the officers/leader the ability to lock and unlock CM, Platoons, Deployments, and Phases as they desire. Officers and leaders have every incentive to make the best decisions based upon participation, effectiveness, and makeup of the guild.

This will save officers/leaders a ton of time and prevent wasteful expenditure of GP while allowing guild officers/leaders to track participation and performance.
  • I agree
  • Thanks for trying to give us useful TB tracking stats, but they've still fallen short of addressing the number one use case for most guilds: being able to identify which players have not contributed to a phase. By omitting players that have a "0" for any given statistic instead of listing them as a 0 it turns out that these tracking features aren't actually useful to anyone unless we're constantly maintaining a spreadsheet.

A gift for your design team, whose wisdom should have already identified the single most important Use Case for these stat screens long before they were spec'd out for developers:

Use Case/Story: "As a Guild Officer/Leader, I want to be able to see which players have not yet contributed to certain activities in territory battles."

In order to accomplish this:

There should be a "0" in the Phase X - Territory Points Stat screen for any player who has not yet contributed any Territory Points to Phase X.

There should be a "0" in the Phase X - Special Missions Stat screen for any player who has not yet contributed to Special Missions in Phase X.

There should be a "0" in the Phase X - Combat Missions Stat screen for any player who has not yet contributed to Combat Missions in Phase X.

There should be a "0" in the Phase X - GP Deployed Stat screen for any player who has not yet contributed any of their GP to Phase X.
  • jackstraw
    220 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Before you bury this thread so that nobody can see it, please send this to somebody on the design team. We'd really like these stats to be useful since tracking them by hand without the ability to mine or export the data from in-game is the type of tedious and time-consuming task that's driving people to quit this game at a record pace.
  • This company desperately needs to start including actual guild leaders in its design decisions- not just youtube personalities with dev accounts.
  • +1
    Well said!
  • Agreed - it's great to pat yourself on the back for doing a fantastic job - but from an Officer/guild perspective you care way more about who's NOT doing what's needed.
    The conversation you want is how can you do better - not - "omg, why hasn''t _____ hit yet? That [redacted] [redacted]"
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • jackstraw wrote: »
    the type of tedious and time-consuming task that's driving people to quit this game at a record pace.

Where's this data at? I'd love to see it for myself.
  • Galahax wrote: »
    jackstraw wrote: »
    the type of tedious and time-consuming task that's driving people to quit this game at a record pace.

Where's this data at? I'd love to see it for myself.

Call it a hunch - I'm in a guild cluster of 4 guilds that's part of a much larger organization, EVERYONE is experiencing players quitting the game more frequently than usual. I'm sure EA is keeping stats on how many people have quit since TB was introduced- hell, they directly responded to the burn out problem by reducing the frequency and increasing the rewards.
This discussion has been closed.