Barris Offee

Replies

• Shizmoo
    99 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Otar wrote: »
    Shizmoo wrote: »
    EA and/or Capital Games, are the ones that MUST abide by Store rules, google and apple! So, they won't EVER cancel your acc if the store decided to refund, unless they want their game removed from the stores...

This isn't true, the game can shut down your account.

No clue if you are being just a troll or if you have anything to back it up, go read the Store policies and see who wins, Store or Developer? The only good thing about having a store is that, they are the judges not Devs! In theory Devs control de game servers and they could ban you, but the Stores would have to take the game down if they did unilateral decisions like that!

It has happened in many games kid such as war dragons that have erased accounts because of refunds and guess what? That game is still available so there goes your theory. I suggest you re-read it and come back wi an explanation as to why Apple hasn't shut down war dragons.
  • DigitalKLB wrote: »
    I also don't understand why your first cries are for your money back.

Shouldn't you ask for the nerfs to be rolled back or ask for some type of attack boost, rather than immediately demanding a refund?

A lot of people like to gripe about the greed of these game companies. But the first chance you guys get you are trying to get money for something that is easily fixable. Interesting isn't it?

Like asking for the nerfs to be roled back will change anything. ....they never asked us if we wanted the nerf........and I'm sure most of the ppl who gripe about," the greed of these companies " are mainly FTP peeps.....
    the only gripe from the PTP peeps, is quite simple, you sold us a bag of goods, n decided to change those goods after, I paid for them.... now I want my refund. N if it so happens I get to keep those goods great...if u want them back plz take it....but then , id also want all the resources I used to boost those toons....." so I guess I'll just keep the toons n my 50.. thx
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Valdorian wrote: »
    What did all you people think would happen?
    I thought she would be reasonably adjusted like Old Ben was. Not nerfed to oblivion.
    A level 54 healer who heals another level 54 char for 700 points? As her ONLY special move?
    That's not reasonable.

I've already faced quite a few Barriss's in PvP and while I notice the difference, she still strikes me as a completely viable character. Not good on PvP offense but a huge pain for the opponent to take down on your defense team. I wouldn't call this "nerfed into oblivion". Most people who are crying probably haven't even tested anything for themselves, but instead are just jumping on the refund train and assuming it is the end of the world.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I have tested it. The difference is very noticeable.
    Her main heal is now completely ineffective EXCEPT for the equalization. So she gets one trick per fight and that's basically it.
    She was over-nerfed.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Barriss and her powerful heal was the point of sale. That ability is why I purchased her. Just as Lums abilities are why I dumped money into crystals for energy and refreshes. To take her sell point away is ****. It is like Sony making the PS4 via update no longer able to use Hulu and Netflix. Sure it has other uses, but some people bought it because of that ability. Not the best example, but the point is you do not advertise something as the sell point then diminish that sellpoint after purchase.

Yes there were others in there, guess what, they are not used by me. Ventress does not make my A or B squad and rarely even my C squad. Barriss I used to lead A or B and be my solo healer because of her powerful heal.

Full refund would be a nice gesture, 50-75% would be fair since she was the reason I, and likely many others bought the pack. I'd be fine with balance it out. Make her attack much stronger to balance the loss of heal. Just do not take away what I spent money on to obtain as I built teams. I bought her strong heal ability, nothing more. Just like I bought the Droid pack for HK anti-Jedi(kind of disappointed there but oh well)
  • Barriss and her powerful heal was the point of sale. That ability is why I purchased her. Just as Lums abilities are why I dumped money into crystals for energy and refreshes. To take her sell point away is ****. It is like Sony making the PS4 via update no longer able to use Hulu and Netflix. Sure it has other uses, but some people bought it because of that ability. Not the best example, but the point is you do not advertise something as the sell point then diminish that sellpoint after purchase.

Yes there were others in there, guess what, they are not used by me. Ventress does not make my A or B squad and rarely even my C squad. Barriss I used to lead A or B and be my solo healer because of her powerful heal.

Full refund would be a nice gesture, 50-75% would be fair since she was the reason I, and likely many others bought the pack. I'd be fine with balance it out. Make her attack much stronger to balance the loss of heal. Just do not take away what I spent money on to obtain as I built teams. I bought her strong heal ability, nothing more. Just like I bought the Droid pack for HK anti-Jedi(kind of disappointed there but oh well)

Sorry lol but this is the worst comparisson and example ever lol, who spends 300-400 on a games console to watch media streaming apps? When tablets can be bought for a 5th of the price that watch the same apps.
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    EA and/or Capital Games, are the ones that MUST abide by Store rules, google and apple! So, they won't EVER cancel your acc if the store decided to refund, unless they want their game removed from the stores...

This isn't true, the game can shut down your account.

No clue if you are being just a troll or if you have anything to back it up, go read the Store policies and see who wins, Store or Developer? The only good thing about having a store is that, they are the judges not Devs! In theory Devs control de game servers and they could ban you, but the Stores would have to take the game down if they did unilateral decisions like that!

It has happened in many games kid such as war dragons that have erased accounts because of refunds and guess what? That game is still available so there goes your theory. I suggest you re-read it and come back wi an explanation as to why Apple hasn't shut down war dragons.

You know the difference between refund and charge back right? Refund gets processed by the store itself, charge back you call your credit company and suspend the charge... The later can and should get you banned, not the first.
  • Applying for a refund is an option, and I know in other games when similar situations occurred you can get them rather easily.

Take note, though, that if you do so EA has every right to adjust your account however they see fit, whether it's removing the items you purchased or just straight up removing your account. I wouldn't suggest going for a refund unless it's your intent to stop playing. You may end up getting more than you bargain for.
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Plz delete my acct..then I'd get all of my money back. :D

Much more then the $50
  • Just to point out, that in Dragon Age when they did such nerfs and players got refunded. A Dev let slip that they were unable to alter people's accounts, they couldn't roll accounts back or remove items from an account, just like they couldn't retrieve lost accounts. It was all bundled together under the simple fact that they lacked any sort of ability to control accounts, they also were unable to track who requested a refund as the mediators, aka apple and Google, leave out personal information. All they would see was $$$ going into Google accounts, then from Google end they'd place the money into the appropriate accounts.

So on a "bill/statement" for capital games, all it would list is Google services, they didn't get to see where the money went after.

Can't say if this has changed or not, it was last year, but they were unable to change it the whole time Dragon Age was live, and still so. Considering they are carrying out the same practices, the limitation may be the same.
  • Some people may want to know the process to ask for a refund of that package.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1050566?hl=en

From that page you can contact google support, and it's a pretty straightforward process. They may ask you to explain why you are requesting a refund. Give them an honest answer and more often than not you'll get it.

But like I said before, be ready for the consequences.
  • MokiMofiki wrote: »
    Barriss is the only healer that ignores heal block and she still heals the team better than any other healer right now.
    rofl
    My team( 5 heros) has total 35885 HP.
    Barriss heals for 12,5%(skill level 5)=4485HP Team
    My Luminara has 7641 HP and heals(skill level 5) for 40%(3056)+20%next Round(1528)=4584 single Char and 22922 Team.
    Luminara heals a single Char for more then Barriss the whole Team.^^

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1050566?hl=en

From that page you can contact google support, and it's a pretty straightforward process. They may ask you to explain why you are requesting a refund. Give them an honest answer and more often than not you'll get it.

But like I said before, be ready for the consequences.

Thx for info.....saved me the trouble...I hope there are consequnces..I had to look up my purchases.....omg, I must have has a couple of drunken night buys lmfao....I'd love for them to screw with acct.....I'd fight to get it all refunded.
  • thats what everyone gets for spending 60$ on a character. Thats literally what whoever spent that much money gets you deserve it hope they nerf kylo too
  • Call Google or Apple and get a refund immediately.
  • thats what everyone gets for spending 60$ on a character. Thats literally what whoever spent that much money gets you deserve it hope they nerf kylo too

And then you will get what you deserve - no game. Protip: people who drop money on this game are the reason why it's free and you are able to leech and complain

And it'll be sweeter when I get my money back...n still keep the goods...guess I'll get what I deserve!
  • Can't wait for the "my account got deleted by EA" thread

Sorry lol but this is the worst comparisson and example ever lol, who spends 300-400 on a games console to watch media streaming apps? When tablets can be bought for a 5th of the price that watch the same apps.

I stated that but simply a point of taking a feature away from something you bought. it is not right. The feature could be the difference between it or another. Oh and I did because a Tablet does not offer me the same viewing that my 100" TV with surround sound does. So I bought it to jam Hockey and maybe a game here or there, but because I could stream. Again to my point it comes down to features desired on purchase and I bought the pack because Barriss had a huge heal feature.

I stated that but simply a point of taking a feature away from something you bought. it is not right. The feature could be the difference between it or another. Oh and I did because a Tablet does not offer me the same viewing that my 100" TV with surround sound does. So I bought it to jam Hockey and maybe a game here or there, but because I could stream. Again to my point it comes down to features desired on purchase and I bought the pack because Barriss had a huge heal feature.

To be fair he did say it was a bad comparison
    ... and I totally agreed with that statement lol
  • I'm so glad I didn't spend any money on the game for Bariss ($5 for Dooku and that's it.). Especially since I was just given a full unlocked 4-Starred Bariss from my first free bronze data pack today (I didn't know this was even possible). Super excited and couldn't believe it until I came here and find out she was nerfed to hell. I figured if I could make it into top 15 without her I'd be #1 in no time now. Still a crazy deal getting her for free. :)

On a side note:Kylo Ren looks like a busted berserker.
  • So now all the P2w players are getting money back AND keeping the tools and crystals?? THAT'S the REAL **** here. Us F2P people all just got screwed. P2W players, you could have bought Battlefront, an entire game, for the price of the barriss micro. Barris was basically cheating. I bet her in GW wasn't even fun to play with. EA has stats on these things and when they see people clearing GW on auto because Barris was on the team, it probably raised some eyebrows.
  • it is just $60 guys..if you can't afford to pay for games you are playing..then i suggest you guys go read a book of something and give up gaming as whole. Nerfs and Boosts are all part and parcel of gaming..deal with it...maybe EA might be working on another update for Barris you never know. You can't compared this to shopping and buying a physical item..period and get a grip
  • Poerli
    113 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I just contacted Aple for a refund. this is a rip off.
    And if they should or would delete my account. well then i will refund all my money i put into this and move to another game. so its only a win/win situation
  • From 15 to 2.5 (~80% reduction) that's a massive axe. She's still useful because of the equalization through the heal block, she doesn't "heal" through the block, and her massive health. But didn't have much difficulty winning against her in the first place.
    Why was the heal part cut so drastically when the heal from invigorating strike was only a 40% reduction?
    How about 15 to 7.5, or even 5, but all the way down to 2.5?
    Or how about restoring invigorating strike to 5/10 since it's not guaranteed?
    How about another opportunity or 2 to farm shards for her so she can be upgraded a little quicker now since she's been axed...I mean balanced...lol
    Also, the update says she outperformed nearly all, which means she wasn't the best at all, so the drastic reduction seems too much.
    "That is why you fail."
  • Someone mentioned that they axed both the percentage healed and they changed the base from being off of her HP to being based off of the character being healed HP. Doing both was excessive.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Someone mentioned that they axed both the percentage healed and they changed the base from being off of her HP to being based off of the character being healed HP. Doing both was excessive.

That was me: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1888/barriss-was-accidentally-double-nerfed
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Slewfoot wrote: »
    Someone mentioned that they axed both the percentage healed and they changed the base from being off of her HP to being based off of the character being healed HP. Doing both was excessive.

That was me: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1888/barriss-was-accidentally-double-nerfed

Cool, I think that is what happened.

Anyway, did anyone who filed on online complaint with itunes actually get a refund and how long does it usually take? Just thinking about my options here.
  • Actually it turns out I was wrong. They just nerfed her healing SO much that it seemed like before it was keying off her health by comparison. :(
This discussion has been closed.