What Would Make You Throw $$$ at the Screen

Prev13
I'd definitely buy Chromium Packs if this were implemented: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/14380/suggestion-enhancement-to-chromium-packs#latest

What would make it worth it to you?

Replies

• If you could roll for the pack you wanted: I.e resistance, FO, etc. otherwise, you have to spend about a grand for it to be worth it. Rolling for Resistance (1/5) of Rey would make me buy more packs
  • I think the entier chromium system is broken, so unless there was a way to get something useful for spending $40 thats a no go. I've got what amounts to s derpy essay in my sig on the subject so no need to rewrite it here.

They could get me on cosmetics though. $5-10 for alternate version of characters like spidertank Maul or Jedi Padawan Asajj. 0 gameplay impact, just flavor. Theres a lot of alternate costumes/looks/animations they could do.
  • The idea is simple yet the execution is complicated. I have both an Old Ben and Aayla sitting at level one and I can firmly tell you that I will never buy more packs trying to star them up.

It feels more like a one-night stand, buying the packs I did. It was a mistake and I'll never do it again. But what if later it develops into a fruitful relationship? The promise of something permanent? Then I would consider doing it again
  • Stok3d wrote: »
    I'd definitely buy Chromium Packs if this were implemented: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/14380/suggestion-enhancement-to-chromium-packs#latest

What would make it worth it to you?

I would only consider buying specific characters for a really low amount of money (around 2-3$ each).
  • Fun and/or challenging content. :)
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I spent money on a garbage 8x chromium pull and money on a crystal sub that still nets me less than players in more fortunate servers than myself.

Maybe character specific purchases, but even that Jedi pack they just had seemed overpriced as heck.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Any of these, Anakin in jedi master uniform, Luke in jedi master uniform, Mace windu in jedi master uniform, Qui Gon Jinn in jedi master uniform :cookie:
  • I'd throw money if there was another way to farm Purple Ability Mats...
  • Greivous
  • Old_Tallen
    385 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Nothing at all that is currently available.

If the special character packs weren't such a disgusting rip off I would buy those, but never, ever the wretched chromium pack system, not spent a penny on that and never will.

Seriously, why do EA think people will pay more for a Jedi pack with crap Jedi in it for more than the price of a spanking new AAA game?
  • I'd throw money for nerfs of toons I don't have :D
  • Anyone else?
  • A clones pack with more clones then just rex or fives. I'd spend serious € on that. And maybe some extended univese chars. Like BEETEE, Triple Zero and Grakkus.
  • If there was a higher drop rate for newly released chromium toons for a short time after release.

Or grievous. Probably grievous.
  • Since i'am able to buy a whole, new game (with all content/characters/items/what ever "in" it) for somewhere around 40-60$, without the need of an internet conenction/server hosting, without the fear, that somewhen they just shutdown the servers and the game isnt anymore .... Why should i pay 60, 100 or even more for a very small part of the ingame content?

A reason, why i usually play games like this f2p only ... you pay generally way more for way less.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • my only complaint about the game right now is the price and no guaranteed characters from shop. I personally believe that all character in chromium should come out as 1* with option for 2-4*. There should be no shard only drops unless you already have the character.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • An exclusive player pack that permanently remains exclusive.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Cheap (5 - 10$) character packs. Like Dooku.
  • supachai
    159 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    A guaranteed 4* Dooku at a reasonable price...
  • Tromedlov13
    1559 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    MikaSaber wrote: »
    I'd throw money if there was another way to farm Purple Ability Mats...

This +1

Chromium is broken right now as there are too many toons and getting any toon at 4* is useless when already at level 70 and 7*

I'm a medium spender and I Haven't bought a chromium in weeks and won't again til they need to figure out a way that who we get isn't so random. Last two times I bought an 8 pack I got JC as the only hero I unlocked and I already have him at 7 and his card is worth less shards, 7, than if you just his shards, 12. That's worthless

Maybe have a rotating group of 3 or four that have their % chances increased but not guaranteed. And every time you buy a pack the list rotates so you can't just wait till the one you want is there and spend everything. Gives us at least a shot to get what we want without making it easy. Would increase spending.

If you really want Rex right now you only have a 1-71 chance of getting him (Vader and Yoda are the only ones not in chromium right?). So why even try

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • swgod98
    44 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Owlkapwn wrote: »
    The idea is simple yet the execution is complicated. I have both an Old Ben and Aayla sitting at level one and I can firmly tell you that I will never buy more packs trying to star them up.

It feels more like a one-night stand, buying the packs I did. It was a mistake and I'll never do it again. But what if later it develops into a fruitful relationship? The promise of something permanent? Then I would consider doing it again

This is exactly why I feel they messed up the character unlocking scheme. There's no way to progress many of the characters you can find through chromium packs. They should have developed a way to level and star up characters that you do unlock without having to spend money or wait years and years to get random chromium packs through daily crystals.

Everyone who isn't a whale is unlocking and leveling the exact same characters. There's nothing unique about my team other than how much time and money I've spent on the game.

If they found a way to make characters and/or equipment unique without forcing people to spend money...then I'd spend money! I spent over $100 on Summoners War over the past year (I don't usually brag like this) lol...seriously, though. $100 is quite an investment in a phone app.

I have currently spent $5 on this game as a thank you for a decently fun game. But, I don't see myself ever spending anymore money on this game they way it is.
  • They would have me at story driven campaigns, it would help get use out of otherwise non essential Heroes as well as give more content and more opportunities to get hard to collect gear that you need 50 of times 12 characters and it makes you want to rip your hair out
  • A Crystal Pack sale would do the trick.
  • General friggin' Grievous with 4 light sabers!
    Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies...ask me again, I'll spit in your eyes
  • Ouchie
    1233 posts Member
    Owlkapwn wrote: »
    The idea is simple yet the execution is complicated. I have both an Old Ben and Aayla sitting at level one and I can firmly tell you that I will never buy more packs trying to star them up.

I would so happily take that Aayla!!!
  • Chain bikini Leia
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Chromium packs make fewer people want to throw money at their screens than throw their screens at a wall.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Mittens wrote: »
    Chain bikini Leia

He said throw money at the screen, not...nevermind.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Mittens wrote: »
    Chain bikini Leia

He said throw money at the screen, not...nevermind.

Well I Figured money was just a euphemism anyhow to the obvious answer.
  • For me to spend money, they would have to seriously reconsider their current pricing on character bundles. I was excited about the characters in the Jedi Master Apprentice bundle, the first SWGoH bundle I've seen where I wanted everything in the bundle, but $60USD is nuuuuuuuuts. I don't have Anakin or QGJ, though I have Ahsoka, but only at 2 stars, so the bundle would basically have gotten me 2 new 4* characters plus allowed me to promote my Ahsoka to 4*. Compare that to rewards earned from playing and it's reeeeeally bad. I started playing in January, and I've got 3 starter characters, Chewie, Talia, and JC to 5* and 3 really good non starter characters, 7* Lumi, 6* Sid, and 5* Old Daka, not to mention my up and coming IG-86 and all the shards saved up to unlock Mace and Dooku. So that $60 I could spend on a character bundle amounts to, what, maybe 2 weeks of playing? AT BEST. It's boooonkers! I might, *might*, have gone for it if the price was $15, but I'd have felt bad about it afterwards lol!

And I just can't see spending money on crystals. Chromium packs are clearly a non starter, because I'd surely land a chromium only character who would rot on the bench next to my farmable characters, or something I just don't want, like an Ugnaught or Jedi Guardian. And buying crystals to spend on energy refreshes just feels like spending money on my own impatience. I can refresh LS/DS 2x per day and Cantina 1x for free already. Spending real money for a couple extra refreshes just feels kinda empty.

I think they should have a rotating character on sale for $5, like the Dooku bundle I apparently missed. I don't see why that should go away, never to return. I can promise I will never, ever spend $60 in one go on this game, no matter what is offered. Never. Ever. But, if every now and then, a character I liked was available for $5, I'd be very likely to go for it. I'd break a finger pouncing on the BUY button if Rey went on offer for $5. Bariss, Leia, and Aayla would be an insta-buys as well. Maybe each month, a different one could rotate in. That would only be 12 characters a year, so there would still be plenty of chromium only stuff to tempt the big spenders.

I think this rotating sale would add some lasting draw to the game as well. I play every day now, but at some point I'm inevitably going to slow down or stop. But if there were a character sale to check on every month, I'd still check back in for that even if I wasn't playing anymore. I mean, I stopped playing a certain blizzard moba months ago, but I still check in periodically to see what hero is on sale, because there are just some characters that I love hopelessly, and yes, I'll spend $5 on a beloved character even when it's for a game I've mostly had my fill of.
    Barris irl imo idk
This discussion has been closed.