When cls event come? [MERGED]

Replies

• Svo
    62 posts Member
    Hey can you guys bring back the cls event, since he's the best toon in the game and a lot of us don't have him...you can't complete GW without him, he's needed for the rancor and haat, and he's needed for tb. We really don't need multiple thrawn events since thrawn is pretty usless in those challenges. I don't understand the reasoning behind not bringing him back....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

He's only needed for TB, because he is a required toon. Other than that you can do Haat,GW, and pit without him.

He will come back, don't worry.
  • unresistable expose and passive that reapplies expose whenever it is lost.
    This... would put CLS on the bench with CUP. They would never - Resistance is already ridiculous - something like this would mean the other team just would never get a turn - resistance could go end with 5 untouched full protection toons. She'll have something, but not that.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Captain_Apollo
    423 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    unresistable expose and passive that reapplies expose whenever it is lost.
    This... would put CLS on the bench with CUP. They would never - Resistance is already ridiculous - something like this would mean the other team just would never get a turn - resistance could go end with 5 untouched full protection toons. She'll have something, but not that.

I was mostly joking as you're right. On the other hand they did make cls the new top tier meta who also gives 50/50 cls guilds extra gear farming tb currency (to the tune of in 6 months those guilds will each be 1 full gear piece ahead of a guild of equivalent power that lacks 50/50 cls). So it wouldn't surprise me if they make Rey instabench cls so that just as cls becomes widespread his meta is over, forcing everyone to farm madly for the new rey meta
  • Svo
    62 posts Member
    Ok
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I am sick of not getting a straight answer as to when he is coming back. He is one of the key characters necessary for the TB. Also, I am sick of losing on my Galactic War table to OP CLS led Rebel teams, the frequency of which seems to be drastically increasing. And while I am on the subject of the Galactic War table, why is it that none of the abilities reset between battles, except for Darth Nihilus' Annihilate? Seems kinda messed up that you are basically handicapping that one character.
    Post edited by Tygra on
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
  • Tygra
    123 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Fixed
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    fed up with the lack of info re Luke’s return. I don’t care about Rey or First Order or Night sisters or whatever other faction they want us to panic farm.
  • KyJoe_Cool wrote: »
    Ok @Captain_Apollo Very good point. :)
    I still wish they'd have his event before the end of the year. Maybe as a "gift" for the 2nd anniversary of the game.

My best hope right now is that the "make mine a double" refers to CLS returning either for the anniversary or alongside the Thrawn event. All bets are off if CLS doesn't return by then though. Which would stink since CLS has proved to be greatly important in PvE (especially TB) not to mention him making up more than 50% of top 20 PvP squads.

Cmmon devs no other character you released impacted the game like this before! And what was the deal with making a CLS required extra TB currency mission? By 6 months that gives guilds with 50/50 CLS enough currency to buy an entire gear piece and be an entire gear level on a character ahead of the rest of us! Not cool when you're going to release a guild vs. guild mode.
  • I was mostly joking as you're right. On the other hand they did make cls the new top tier meta who also gives 50/50 cls guilds extra gear farming tb currency (to the tune of in 6 months those guilds will each be 1 full gear piece ahead of a guild of equivalent power that lacks 50/50 cls). So it wouldn't surprise me if they make Rey instabench cls so that just as cls becomes widespread his meta is over, forcing everyone to farm madly for the new rey meta

Except that they'll only really have to farm her gear, because so many people have already started bringing their zFinn teams online. I am hoarding gear, credits, and ability mats like Smaug hoards dwarf gold just in case I am wrong, but I have a sneaking suspicion she will not be a new meta simply because of how many people already have the team she would pop into at G11/12 for their HAAT raids and GW.
  • SADIZTIKKOWBOY
    5 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It's about time for a game wrecking dark side meta I'm soooooo tired of all these light toon releases...one ds toon to every five Ls toons is a bit ridiculous
  • Completely agree Apollo
  • It's about time for a game wrecking dark side meta I'm soooooo tired of all these light toon releases...one ds toon to every five Ls toons is a bit ridiculous
    Supposedly - there's only one way we'll be able to have a DS TB and it's if they dial back SW: Galaxy of Rebels a little.
    unresistable expose and passive that reapplies expose whenever it is lost.

I was mostly joking as you're right. On the other hand they did make cls the new top tier meta who also gives 50/50 cls guilds extra gear farming tb currency (to the tune of in 6 months those guilds will each be 1 full gear piece ahead of a guild of equivalent power that lacks 50/50 cls). So it wouldn't surprise me if they make Rey instabench cls so that just as cls becomes widespread his meta is over, forcing everyone to farm madly for the new rey meta

Mostly - it could possibly be something ridiculous with expose though. But, so far, the newest greatest toons have been pretty successful slotting in with the toons of the current meta. Not the top ranks - but the top 100 has so many people holding on to their DS team with CLS slotted in and often also Kenobi - just because it helps them keep a ranks a little better.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • The popular theory is next month, but no one knows except CG, and they won't tell us until a week or so before the return.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
  • @Kyno When cls event come back?
    @CG_Kozispoon when event come back?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TuncBlack wrote: »
    Kyno When cls event come back?
    CG_Kozispoon when event come back?

No one knows. But it will, I can tell you that much.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    latest?cb=20160123132950
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Before from jedi rey? Or later?
  • Plan for both
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    latest?cb=20160123132950

I for one appreciate this acknowledgement that it is coming back (not sure that's been stated before) and that it will be soon (definitely sure that's not been stated before).
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • latest?cb=20160123132950

Soon??? Ahhh you're killing me lol I've prepped since last event and the waiting is terribleee haha
  • Good news for CLS preppers is that you know all his gear requirements so you can max him on day one which is an awesome feeling.
  • TVF wrote: »
    latest?cb=20160123132950

I for one appreciate this acknowledgement that it is coming back (not sure that's been stated before) and that it will be soon (definitely sure that's not been stated before).

I appreciate that kozi went with that pic and not a Palpatine "good good I can feel your anger" meme. There is hope!
  • 1st december with rey event
  • August?
  • You know, when devs say "soon", it can be a few weeks, it can also be a few months ...
  • The Admiral Thrawn event was in October and now it’s coming again end of November. Why the hell hasn’t the CLS event been back since August? A lot of people still need commander Luke for TB.
  • Carn wrote: »
    You know, when devs say "soon", it can be a few weeks, it can also be a few months ...

True. Considering how many threads there are asking this very question basically since the event ended it seems odd that Kozi would respond now if the dev intent was "sometime in 2018."

I really hope future hero journeys don't have characters required for PvE parts of the game. I'd still be sad that I missed out on CLS the first time since he's so good but find the wait tolerable if CLS didn't have such a profound impact on TB event currency. It's really not cool to penalize entire guilds for not being able to field CLS on first go by denying them even the chance at 10 extra TB currency much less the 500 TB currency guilds with 50/50 CLS have been getting every single TB since the event's introduction.