Question about Platoon Squad and Deployments Update Post

Prev1
Maegor
1217 posts Member
At the end it says: "The last three vertical slices will pull from all available units in the game, with the caveat that any previously excluded units will continue to be excluded."

Does this mean darkside toons will be in those platoons? And what about toons that haven't been placed on nodes / in shops yet (aka unfarmable)? Does this include toons that haven't even made it to the chromium cycle of the release cadence?

Replies

• It means shut up, buy all the toons, give us your money and get the hell out of the building.
  • uncool answer - basically we don't care about anybody but TI and wallet warriors. rest of you guilds mean nothing to us
  • CG keeps saying they are listening to what people are talking/complaining and then they do this. That's the exactly opposite. Who cares if you make the 3 first phases static, Those aren't the problems,
  • Surprise here is a new ship in platoons. Is this a bug?
    Hours later.
    “We are changing platoon structure “
    Lol
  • they are when you have 3 tie silencer needed to close platoons
  • They could just pretend that they care about the players and not about the money people will use to get those new characters.
  • I like the "random" platoons we have now...you know...where its like Wedge, Wedge, Wedge, Wedge, some other guy, then a few more Wedge's.
  • I’m confused about the WAI. If platoons were working as intended wouldn’t we see either

A) FO Ships in ship platoons and Vets/Wicket in ground platoons

Or

B) No Unfarmables in any platoon

I really appreciate that the vets and wicket are not required in Platoons and that CG/EA made all the Ships Farmable. However there is a clear disparity between the ship Platoons and the ground platoons
  • Surprise here is a new ship in platoons. Is this a bug?
    Hours later.
    “We are changing platoon structure “
    Lol

This.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Insert massive facepalm here.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    Insert massive facepalm here.

Honestly, I just laugh when they pull stuff like this now. It's becoming as predictable as a 2% dodge.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • I am at a loss that this can be considered, “working as intended...”

How can the intention of the developer that prides itself on, “listening to its playerbase,” completely ignore something that has time and time again been a concern.

All that has been done is cycled the millennium falcon/Kylo Ren ship debacle (which never changed, but was confirmed to not be the intention) to now this is just how it is for now and the foreseeable future.

If we could ACTUALLY take some of the feedback from it’s playerbase, I know you would have many happy players...

For the TLDR fans.... feels Like the beginning of the statement should of read, “working (you over) as intended...”.

GG
  • Hoth Light Side TB. Why are any dark side ships in platoons at all. Just let us use the full roster since it clearly is not light side only. Not our fault CG never released or developed more ships with all the pilots available in the roster.
  • If this isn't fixed by the conclusion of TB, I am uninstalling the game and, in the words of Shmi, "don't look back."
  • Oh, BTW, ds tb is coming. Here's all these characters to balance out ds tb, but be prepared to spend $300 a pop on them! So, basically drop $900 on ns and $1,200 on First Order (but you have a CHANCE of 330 shards!) Don't have a 7* Silencer in your 35* guild for tb? Go find someone who does!

Riiiiiiight. Because it obviously works that way.

Sidebar: I have no issues with a game mode that allows the spenders to flex. What my issue is is the fact that the goalposts got moved yet again. 45* isn't even attainable now for a lot of guilds. Heck, even 40+ is now out of reach.
  • So i get that we like to complain about everything but i dont get the outrage here. Its not like its the first time new marquee toons were put in platoons. Yes its a ds ship but ds ships have always been in platoons. I honestly expected the new ships to be there. The changes to platoons I agree are dumb and unneeded.
  • Whoa-I’m amazed posts aren’t being deleted
  • I wouldn’t say I am outraged just confused
  • Whoa-I’m amazed posts aren’t being deleted

You aren't the only one.
  • I am more interested in seeing if DS toons will start popping up in platoons. I feel like this will actually make it a little easier, rather than more difficult. I see this as a good thing!
  • Players should be aware that with the release of the Territory War feature, we will be actively curating Platoon compositions in the first three vertical slices of Territory Battles. This is with the intention to provide a more deliberate experience in Platoons for the players. Curated Platoons will have static compositions that will persist from Territory Battle to Territory Battle. Our intention is to post the static compositions to the forums when we are ready to provide them to the playerbase, so that players can prepare for the Platoons with some notice. Exact details to come.
    Our intent is to keep theses static compositions in rotation for the forseeable future and any change to these static compositions will be announced to the playerbase beforehand. This is to ensure that players are more prepared for the Platoons and can adjust their collections accordingly. We will continue the practice of excluding factions/characters from Platoons where those factions/characters are required somewhere else in the same vertical slice. The last three vertical slices will pull from all available units in the game, with the caveat that any previously excluded units will continue to be excluded.
    I am full of baff.
    The intention is for us to have a more deliberate experience with platoons. You want us to intentionally fill platoons? Or are we to do it consciously? I intentionally fill platoons already. With intent even. I honestly don't understand what you mean by this.
    So the first three phases/vertical strips will always be the same toons/ships from TB to TB (understanding the exclusions per phase of required toons)? M'kay, fine. But we all know it's phases 4-6 that are the issue. I'm starting to understand why this last Marquee event gave 1 fewer star.
    And 4-6 will pull from ALL available units? Is this meant to suggest DS toons will now be in LS TB platoons going forward? Or is that just inexact language and should have read "all available LS units"?
    Just... you know, in the future... might want to lead with this stuff. It's bad optics when these announcements come after we've pointed something out to you. And stop using that person who wrote the Battlefront statement. The curated statements have static compositions that persist from forum to forum.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I am more interested in seeing if DS toons will start popping up in platoons. I feel like this will actually make it a little easier, rather than more difficult. I see this as a good thing!

Until it's 6* Talzin on 5 or 5* NS Zombie on wave 4...

C'mon man. You've been here awhile. You know where this is going. Hint: not easier.

• Guys. GUYS. This action was taken to provide a more deliberate experience. A more deliberate experience. A MORE DELIBERATE EXPERIENCE. A more deliberate experience. A more deliberate experience. *cracks neck* sorry, I broke there for a sec.

To quote @CG_Kozispoon (because for some reason her post is not quoteable):

"This is with the intention to provide a more deliberate experience in Platoons for the players

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143905/platoon-squad-and-deployments-update#latest

Guys, if I had to insert the same 7 Wedges into Platoons every week it would get boring. I need new and fresh toons to plug in, specifically new toons I dont need/want to farm. Keeping platoons spicey is very important lets not forget that. The strategy of Platoons is riveting. I am deeply stimulated by them. So if they got stale I dont think I would handle it well.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I am more interested in seeing if DS toons will start popping up in platoons. I feel like this will actually make it a little easier, rather than more difficult. I see this as a good thing!

Until it's 6* Talzin on 5 or 5* NS Zombie on wave 4...

C'mon man. You've been here awhile. You know where this is going. Hint: not easier.

Cha ching.
  • I've always enjoyed the grind as it keeps me playing but this has me scratching my head. Finally unlocked falcon, filled a platoon with it, and now 1 platoon remains unfilled with new FO ships. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. There's no sense of accomplishment, I'm only left feeling "why'd i farm the falcon? I'm in the same position i was a month ago". What's the point? So I buy silencer/SF tie only to be blocked by the next set of marquee ships in a month? I'll pass.
    Is it even worth investing In platoon characters as f2p at this point?
  • Dantes wrote: »

Nope.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Dantes wrote: »
    I've always enjoyed the grind as it keeps me playing but this has me scratching my head. Finally unlocked falcon, filled a platoon with it, and now 1 platoon remains unfilled with new FO ships. 1 step forward, 2 steps back. There's no sense of accomplishment, I'm only left feeling "why'd i farm the falcon? I'm in the same position i was a month ago". What's the point? So I buy silencer/SF tie only to be blocked by the next set of marquee ships in a month? I'll pass.

You answered your own question. What's the point? That you keep spending money to chase the constantly moving goal posts. At least they're making it more obvious now.

• {redacted}. Made you look
    :D
  • Muaddib wrote: »
    Dantes wrote: »

Nope.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    You answered your own question. What's the point? That you keep spending money to chase the constantly moving goal posts. At least they're making it more obvious now.

+2 If you're f2p and worried that your competitve guild will drop you if you dont have tie silencer just ride it out and let them drop you. Theres 100 other guilds that would scoop you up in a second. Its intentionally getting harder for f2p to compete w p2p, just let that happen as well.

I know some of you have spent $$ thinking it would hold its value and feel stuck between a rock and a hard place. Should I spend more to reinforce my investment? No. Unless you have alot of disposable income, you will never be able to stop spending and stay top 10 in arena. Im sure there are the 1% of f2p that have kept up, good job, keep it going.

Just relax. You dont have remain top 10, 20, 50 or even 100 to enjoy the game. Try it! Join a more relaxed guild. Alleviate some stress. Its not worth it.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Jamesm wrote: »
    So i get that we like to complain about everything but i dont get the outrage here. Its not like its the first time new marquee toons were put in platoons. Yes its a ds ship but ds ships have always been in platoons. I honestly expected the new ships to be there. The changes to platoons I agree are dumb and unneeded.

I honestly just wanted a clarification. And this is the first time that toons that were not part of the game when TB launched have been included in platoons. I just want to know if a) we can expect new toons to show up in platoons in the future, b) if so, at what part of their cadence should we expect them, and c) are dark side toons including in the quote in my OP?