Galactic War since the Introduction of G12

Replies

• Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Not that I disagree with the OP or the mundane GW issues but there are pages and pages upon pages of “Fix Galactic War” threads in the GW feedback section. Ongoing for years and not a single thing has been done to fix it. These feedback sections are a joke. The players give feedback and receive zero feedback on their feedback in return. I guess I’m saying I don’t see why they would change it now when they have been ignoring complaints on GW for the last year.

While some may disagree, I guess I am an optimist. I guess, there is part of me that hopes they listen to feedback and actually try to make them game better for the players while maintaining the money making aspects needed to keep the game growing. I know it's silly....but I believe.

954d534f9dd2c3c41c53d8fb92edea5e--christmas-wood-christmas-signs.jpg
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Not that I disagree with the OP or the mundane GW issues but there are pages and pages upon pages of “Fix Galactic War” threads in the GW feedback section. Ongoing for years and not a single thing has been done to fix it. These feedback sections are a joke. The players give feedback and receive zero feedback on their feedback in return. I guess I’m saying I don’t see why they would change it now when they have been ignoring complaints on GW for the last year.

Actually the feedback solicited a responce some months back. The "issue" may still be on going but the devs have stated they monitor the situation and have not seen any indication of this not WAI from the design they made.

They don't ignore us and they do read the feedback, but as the player base we need to be understanding that things take time to develop a full picture and sometime difficulty is in place for a reason.
  • The WAI for sure is that those final nodes are 1.~25% stronger than you. So, yeah, you’re going to have a tough time lol
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    WAI even though the strongest people still have broken nodes? Doesn't seem right. The problem isn't a bug anyway. The problem is that meta teams are far stronger than their GP or whatever power calculation being used shows, especially after g12 and CLS. Maybe just lower the upper percentage a little, or factor the overall use statistics of a character/team into the calculation used to find opponents. The way it is, even a meta squad with the same GP as mine has a higher effective GP (not to mention I have 2 g12 and 3 zetas rosterwide versus full g12 and zeta'ed teams). Every percentage point higher the calculation uses amounts to an exponential increase in difficulty rather than additive. Maybe multiplicative, I'm rusty on math terms. Anyway, sorry for whining. Just gets frustrating lol

Edit: on second thought, take GP or power or whatever out of the equation. Use arena ranking +/- whatever percentage. Would still make for a challenge w/o it being near impossible unless you have Resistance or a meta team yourself
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dok wrote: »
    WAI even though the strongest people still have broken nodes? Doesn't seem right. The problem isn't a bug anyway. The problem is that meta teams are far stronger than their GP or whatever power calculation being used shows, especially after g12 and CLS. Maybe just lower the upper percentage a little, or factor the overall use statistics of a character/team into the calculation used to find opponents. The way it is, even a meta squad with the same GP as mine has a higher effective GP (not to mention I have 2 g12 and 3 zetas rosterwide versus full g12 and zeta'ed teams). Every percentage point higher the calculation uses amounts to an exponential increase in difficulty rather than additive. Maybe multiplicative, I'm rusty on math terms. Anyway, sorry for whining. Just gets frustrating lol

Edit: on second thought, take GP or power or whatever out of the equation. Use arena ranking +/- whatever percentage. Would still make for a challenge w/o it being near impossible unless you have Resistance or a meta team yourself

Just to point out each node is % based. To get a broken node at 112% (or whatever it is) your power just means you faced the same hard team someone gets on thier node 12 at whatever node you fight 100% your power. So it's not like they don't face the same strength teams, they just face them at different nodes.
  • cannon_fodder
    269 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    After playing across multiple accounts, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some arena bracket consideration to the nodes as well. I recently broke Node 12 on one account and while my Node 11 did get more difficult, I don't see the same caliber of mods I saw on Node 12, and I haven't been able to find as many profiles as I was able to on Node 12 beforehand (and invariably ALL of those where 2.5M + GP arena rank #1 teams).

Then there's another account - 73k GP 3G11 2G10 0 Zeta arena team facing a 94k GP Node 12 4 G12, 4 zetas (Binds All Things, Shoots First, Combat Analysis, Number Crunch) with a Chaze chaser. And to @kyno 's supposition about G12 not being 'that big of a deal'. By the time I get to Node 12 and protection has been sheared off of every quality team I have, the extra 6k - 8k base protection (then double that if you're facing a Baze of a GK that's well modded) and ummmm, yeah, it makes a difference.

It's not JUST the power difference or JUST the zeta difference or JUST the speed mod difference or JUST the meta-toon difference. It's all of them put together. Hey look, you're bigger, stronger, faster, and have a better kit......but I have a slight TM advantage, maybe, depending on how the last node went....

Edit: CLS / Zolo / R2 alone could take out an entire roster - broke azzzz ****. There is no defending this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    After playing across multiple accounts, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some arena bracket consideration to the nodes as well. I recently broke Node 12 on one account and while my Node 11 did get more difficult, I don't see the same caliber of mods I saw on Node 12, and I haven't been able to find as many profiles as I was able to on Node 12 beforehand (and invariably ALL of those where 2.5M + GP arena rank #1 teams).

Then there's another account - 73k GP 3G11 2G10 0 Zeta arena team facing a 94k GP Node 12 4 G12, 4 zetas (Binds All Things, Shoots First, Combat Analysis, Number Crunch) with a Chaze chaser. And to @kyno 's supposition about G12 not being 'that big of a deal'. By the time I get to Node 12 and protection has been sheared off of every quality team I have, the extra 6k - 8k base protection (then double that if you're facing a Baze of a GK that's well modded) and ummmm, yeah, it makes a difference.

It's not JUST the power difference or JUST the zeta difference or JUST the speed mod difference or JUST the meta-toon difference. It's all of them put together. Hey look, you're bigger, stronger, faster, and have a better kit......but I have a slight TM advantage, maybe, depending on how the last node went....

My point about the broken node is that the power curve is the same for those players they just face those teams earlier, the broken node is really a weaker node they didn't play because it's all % based.

If my power is 100 and no team is above 115.
    Your team is 95.

Let's say the last 3 nodes are 100%110%120%
    The team's I face are 100, 110, broken
    The team's you face are 95,104,114

Your last is equivalent to my second to last. Again don't mind the simple math.

And first nodes 60%,65%
    I face 60, 65
    You face 57,61.75

So the higher player starts higher in the low end and ends sooner in the high end but since it is % based we are facing the same power team at the end.

If the team in the first node is the reason you have no protection at the end, there is a problem there.
  • Kyno wrote: »

My point about the broken node is that the power curve is the same for those players they just face those teams earlier, the broken node is really a weaker node they didn't play because it's all % based.

Your team is 95.

And first nodes 60%,65%
    I face 60, 65
    You face 57,61.75

So the higher player starts higher in the low end and ends sooner in the high end but since it is % based we are facing the same power team at the end.

If the team in the first node is the reason you have no protection at the end, there is a problem there.

He never said it was the team on the first node. But if you start facing meta teams on node 6 (which I do - CLS lead, Thrawn, Zarris, R2, etc.) you will have your protection weakening starting then. Even with a broken node 12, you have to make it through 6-10 and face a massive node 11 that is often more powerful than your strongest team...if your strongest team is even still all alive, let alone the fact that many are at 50% or less protection - if they have any at all.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Are you not one who has defended Galactic War in the past? Maybe I’m mixing you up with someone else. But this is the same problem others have complained about for years, just at different points in the progression path.

I personally have no problems with the difficulty. Obviously resistance has always been an answer. My NS team has been able to clear all of GW since they were G10. Not that they are G12 it’s a joke. My CLS team can usually clear it all by themselves. My empire team usually gets through all but the final stage.

The only problem I have with GW is how repetitive the teams are. Why can’t we get a little bit of variety? I haven’t seen a NS team yet. I’ve never seen resistance. I’ve only seen Empire a few times. It just the same CLS or GK squad every single time.
  • Are you not one who has defended Galactic War in the past? Maybe I’m mixing you up with someone else. But this is the same problem others have complained about for years, just at different points in the progression path.

I personally have no problems with the difficulty. Obviously resistance has always been an answer. My NS team has been able to clear all of GW since they were G10. Not that they are G12 it’s a joke. My CLS team can usually clear it all by themselves. My empire team usually gets through all but the final stage.

The only problem I have with GW is how repetitive the teams are. Why can’t we get a little bit of variety? I haven’t seen a NS team yet. I’ve never seen resistance. I’ve only seen Empire a few times. It just the same CLS or GK squad every single time.

No - you're probably correct. Galactic War was one of my favorite parts of the game - so I have likely defended it in the past. Before zetas and G12 you could try out different teams and the difficulty progression seemed more linear. So good teams from a deep roster, with good strategy could you take you fairly deep. Now node 6 and following almost always require a full meta g12 team to make it.

It's not the difficulty per se. It's the fact that it seems that zetas and G12 gear (not completed g11) are not adequately accounted for when matchmaking. The difficulty ramps up exponentially as opposed to linearly. Which also leads to facing the same CLS, meta teams multiple nodes in a row. So not only does the difficulty seem off, it also it repetitive, boring and time consuming.

• @Kyno Right, I understand the maths related to seeing harder teams earlier once Node 12 is broken (or Node 11, or whatever node is broken). I mentioned the team on the first node as there has been supposition that the GW table is based on either your highest stat power arena team or the team you use on Node 1 of that table. It has been suggested that 'breaking' GW can be done by starting Node 1 with your tankiest toons (by stat power).

My supposition is that the pool from which opponent teams are drawn is actually related to an arena rank bucket depending on the node.

I'm just guessing of course, but I've found that the mods associated with what I see on Node 11 (compared to what I was accustomed to seeing on Node 12) aren't quite as good. These are still powerful teams with G12 meta toons and plenty of zetas to throw around (G12 now starts on Node 6), but they're not modded quite as well.

Since there is generally a strong correlation between mods and arena rank, and I haven't been able to find as many of my Node 11 opponents as I was my Node 12 opponents to confirm this, my guess is that it's drawing the 53k stat power Node 11 team it's looking for from a different rank bucket (say 20-50) than the 54k stat power Node 12 team (say 1-5). Just a thought. Either way, breaking Node 12 made completing GW possible again, but Node 11 is certainly still difficult.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Your team is 95.

And first nodes 60%,65%
    I face 60, 65
    You face 57,61.75

He never said it was the team on the first node. But if you start facing meta teams on node 6 (which I do - CLS lead, Thrawn, Zarris, R2, etc.) you will have your protection weakening starting then. Even with a broken node 12, you have to make it through 6-10 and face a massive node 11 that is often more powerful than your strongest team...if your strongest team is even still all alive, let alone the fact that many are at 50% or less protection - if they have any at all.

I was just trying to point out that someone with a broken node is facing the same teams they are just more powerful then someone without a broken node. People seem to get a little hung up on the broken node and act like they just don't face the same teams, like the node is just cut off rather than scaled.
    @Kyno Right, I understand the maths related to seeing harder teams earlier once Node 12 is broken (or Node 11, or whatever node is broken). I mentioned the team on the first node as there has been supposition that the GW table is based on either your highest stat power arena team or the team you use on Node 1 of that table. It has been suggested that 'breaking' GW can be done by starting Node 1 with your tankiest toons (by stat power).

My supposition is that the pool from which opponent teams are drawn is actually related to an arena rank bucket depending on the node.

I'm just guessing of course, but I've found that the mods associated with what I see on Node 11 (compared to what I was accustomed to seeing on Node 12) aren't quite as good. These are still powerful teams with G12 meta toons and plenty of zetas to throw around (G12 now starts on Node 6), but they're not modded quite as well.

Since there is generally a strong correlation between mods and arena rank, and I haven't been able to find as many of my Node 11 opponents as I was my Node 12 opponents to confirm this, my guess is that it's drawing the 53k stat power Node 11 team it's looking for from a different rank bucket (say 20-50) than the 54k stat power Node 12 team (say 1-5). Just a thought. Either way, breaking Node 12 made completing GW possible again, but Node 11 is certainly still difficult.

I have seen and speculated a similar thing about it being connected to a pool based on shards, but it's too hard to really examine.
  • As soon as their data scientists see a correlation between GW and decreased participation in the game overall and related pack opportunities, there will be a change, I have no doubt. Until then, I think we're just stuck with what we have.
  • snowhut wrote: »
    As soon as their data scientists see a correlation between GW and decreased participation in the game overall and related pack opportunities, there will be a change, I have no doubt. Until then, I think we're just stuck with what we have.

There is so much going on in the game, I doubt they would be able to pinpoint any one reason from past material. All they can look at is these forums and then new releases
  • Gear 12 took away my easy 12th battle. I was struggling for a while. I had to retreat over and over, hoping for perfect luck to be on my side so I can defeat those over powering meta teams. Fortunately, the NS rework saved me. That team is practically designed to go all the way through GW without losing anybody. And if I run into a tough counter team, I just switch to my old arena team for one battle.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Are you not one who has defended Galactic War in the past? Maybe I’m mixing you up with someone else. But this is the same problem others have complained about for years, just at different points in the progression path.

No - you're probably correct. Galactic War was one of my favorite parts of the game - so I have likely defended it in the past. Before zetas and G12 you could try out different teams and the difficulty progression seemed more linear. So good teams from a deep roster, with good strategy could you take you fairly deep. Now node 6 and following almost always require a full meta g12 team to make it.

It's not the difficulty per se. It's the fact that it seems that zetas and G12 gear (not completed g11) are not adequately accounted for when matchmaking. The difficulty ramps up exponentially as opposed to linearly. Which also leads to facing the same CLS, meta teams multiple nodes in a row. So not only does the difficulty seem off, it also it repetitive, boring and time consuming.

I guess I don’t really understand. I’m assuming your arena team is high enough that you are going to get max difficulty teams. What makes you think you shouldn’t be getting these G12/zeta teams? I don’t know what the exact % are, but if possible you will be getting teams stronger than yourself, and there probably isn’t much room there for you.

As for them all being the same, I certainly hate that, as I mentioned above. Hopefully the problem is simply that everyone took the same characters to G12 first, so the odds of drawing a CLS team are 100:1 of drawing an empire or NS team or whatever. As people max those teams and start working on others maybe that changes.
  • I think that the teams chosen are team in the top arena positions that also have higher Gp than you. This alone makes it almost a certainty that you are fighting meta teams. Add to that the fact that they are considerably more powerful than you and there are hard times ahead.

The fact that you can’t beat these teams means a couple of things:
    1. Your roster is too centric on your one winning arena team. Therefore, without your main team, you don’t have much
    2. You have chosen to level toons that are good at raids, ships, but don’t do well as a team in arena.
    3. You choose to focus on toons for the sole purpose that you just like them and don’t like the ones that are actually useful to GW
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    I think that the teams chosen are team in the top arena positions that also have higher Gp than you. This alone makes it almost a certainty that you are fighting meta teams. Add to that the fact that they are considerably more powerful than you and there are hard times ahead.

1. Your roster is too centric on your one winning arena team. Therefore, without your main team, you don’t have much
    2. You have chosen to level toons that are good at raids, ships, but don’t do well as a team in arena.
    3. You choose to focus on toons for the sole purpose that you just like them and don’t like the ones that are actually useful to GW

https://swgoh.gg/u/lucas_gregory/

Not sure how 32 toons at G11 or higher would fit #1 or even #2. I am working on Resistance - but by the time I get them strong enough to coast through GW like everyone says they can, #3 will have moved on to a new GW "flavor of the month".

I realize that I am fighting tougher teams than me. I am simply trying to point out that GW was not always "your best arena team or forget it" after node 6. That seems to very much be the case now. At least for me.

Again, just offering my feedback based on my experience.

Ender22 wrote: »
    I think that the teams chosen are team in the top arena positions that also have higher Gp than you. This alone makes it almost a certainty that you are fighting meta teams. Add to that the fact that they are considerably more powerful than you and there are hard times ahead.

https://swgoh.gg/u/lucas_gregory/

Not sure how 32 toons at G11 or higher would fit #1 or even #2. I am working on Resistance - but by the time I get them strong enough to coast through GW like everyone says they can, #3 will have moved on to a new GW "flavor of the month".

I realize that I am fighting tougher teams than me. I am simply trying to point out that GW was not always "your best arena team or forget it" after node 6. That seems to very much be the case now. At least for me.

Again, just offering my feedback based on my experience.

Eee yeah, I don’t see how that many toons fits at #1. It could still fit #2 if the toons you do have aren’t particularly great together. But resistance isn’t a flavor of the month. They’ve killed GW for me since May. You’ll be happy with your investment. You only need g8 which is also an added bonus
  • GW isn’t fun anymore. And I suspect for everyone with a different opinion here, the algorithm performs slightly differently. So there’s no comparison. Just unbalanced winners and losers. I stopped playing it months ago. I liked it when it was a puzzle too.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I've been wondering if Nightsisters might be another solution the way that Resistance is.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I've been wondering if Nightsisters might be another solution the way that Resistance is.

They are. Very much so. If you level them up enough and zeta Talzin, it makes GW a quick win every day.

• Indeed. Thank you devs for listening. Today was the most enjoyable GW I've had in months. I got to try a Nighsister team, ran a ROLO-lead Rebel team, and even trotted out a jedi team with Ezra in the mix.

It was fun. Thank you.

Indeed. Thank you devs for listening. Today was the most enjoyable GW I've had in months. I got to try a Nighsister team, ran a ROLO-lead Rebel team, and even trotted out a jedi team with Ezra in the mix.

It was fun. Thank you.

I thought it was terrible. It's just another "hit auto and wait for rewards" game mode now.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Teague wrote: »

Indeed. Thank you devs for listening. Today was the most enjoyable GW I've had in months. I got to try a Nighsister team, ran a ROLO-lead Rebel team, and even trotted out a jedi team with Ezra in the mix.

It was fun. Thank you.

I thought it was terrible. It's just another "hit auto and wait for rewards" game mode now.

Then start your own thread. ;)

Seriously though. Everyone is saying "just farm Resistance, then you can practically auto it". So they nerf it - what's the difference? Did they nerf it too much? Probably. But if the choices are between "spend an hour facing maxed meta teams for the last 5 nodes" and "have an easier time so you can try out different teams....or auto if you don't have time", I'll take the latter. Especially on guild days when I have to run 3 tables in less than 24 hours.

Teague wrote: »

It was fun. Thank you.

Then start your own thread. ;)

Seriously though. Everyone is saying "just farm Resistance, then you can practically auto it". So they nerf it - what's the difference? Did they nerf it too much? Probably. But if the choices are between "spend an hour facing maxed meta teams for the last 5 nodes" and "have an easier time so you can try out different teams....or auto if you don't have time", I'll take the latter. Especially on guild days when I have to run 3 tables in less than 24 hours.

I’ll take the easier auto farm for sure. Now I can test out a team without worry of ruining a completion
  • Not to mention that I already run my maxed team 5 times a day in arena. And often in TB too. So NOT having to use them is actually fun.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Do you want to complete it or do you want to wait for them to "fix" it?

Because only one is likely.

Turns out you were right ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Hahaha, true. I'm frankly shocked but that's ok. At least no more complaint threads.

Oh wait now we have complaints it's too easy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH