What sort of topics are suitable for General Discussion?

The last topic on page 1 of General Discussion has an update time of October 27, 2017 8:41AM, which is (counts on fingers and toes) literally 3 weeks and 6 hours ago.

I'm surprised by how ... dead, I guess ... these forums are. I would have thought a popular game like SWGOH would have more community discussions going on, but it looks like there's only been 29 topics discussed in the past three weeks. Which is weird.

Replies

• None at all from members only what the devs or mods post are allowed.....

click on discussions at the top you will find the many many posts made daily that are swiftly moved to a forum far far away to rot and die
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    None at all from members only what the devs or mods post are allowed.....

click on discussions at the top you will find the many many posts made daily that are swiftly moved to a forum far far away to rot and die

You have been warned. Moved to correct sub ;)

I'm starting to look at Reddit more. Don't think CG controls that.
  • Given recent events Re: Battlefront EA clearly don't.....
  • Only things that say nice things about the game. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The question is what sort of topics are not suitable for the other forums.
    Do you have a bug/problem with the game? Bugs section/Feedback section.
    Do you have a question about a character, team, etc? Character and strategy.
    Do you have a question about an event? Events section.
    Are you looking for a guild or do you offer one? Guilds section.
    Etc.

But most of all you should not be a crybaby and not try to be sarcastic with unfunny jokes like Mr. Nikoms above.
  • I don't think there are any suitable topics for General. Everything gets moved or closed. Except for Mega threads, which are largely useless.

Since the mods started being all crazy, I just check Discussions (https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussions). Then it doesn't matter what subforum it's in.

However, no one can see what I post here anymore, so no one will ever know that this function exists. Good times.
  • I disagree. Sarcastic crybabies making bad jokes are exactly what this forum is for. All games have a place to go when you're not playing, to talk about playing, with other people who can't play right now either. I choose to be a troll here because its the only way I can vent my frustration. But you also see discussions about general topics like tactics, bugs, balance issues, wishlists. It just doesn't count as a general discussion apparently, and the discussion of moderation is not allowed.
  • Thanks for the replies. I am being sincere, by the way. Most communities have a central location where people go to find out what's happening with the game. I'm peaking back in to SWGOH, but based on these forums and the lack of discussion, the community feels kind of dead. I seem to recall, months ago, there would be days where topics were cycling daily, and you'd go to GD and there would be lively discussions. It just doesn't feel that way now.

I take it from some of the replies (thanks, btw) that there are sub forums that topics get moved to. Which, ok, I guess. I'm not going to look at those sub forums when I just want to find out what the community is talking about. It just doesn't seem like there's much to talk about, if page 1 is anything to go by, so it makes me leery about returning to the game.
  • page 1 has nothing to do with the forum anymore... at the top of the page click on "discussions" you will see the many many posts from there
  • Arena and Character forum is actually not bad. Kind of repetitive sometimes. But I'd rather read posts there than General.
  • Well talking about the moderation of the forums are against the tos. But since this has been lingering for awhile I will comment-
    There’s positives and negatives to all. A positive is that it’s not as cluttered as it used to be. And devs have been doing a great thing by commenting in the sub forums. I know the general sense is the hate of mods but they are volunteers and are doing what they are told. Personally I enjoy faster than lightening kyno’s approach- he actually comments and either gives his two cents or gives the last known info we got from the devs.
    The negatives to it are what you all have been saying. Again there’s a trend here on the forums and ingame that certain decisions are made for whatever reason intended to improve or boost something and it’s actually causing the opposite effect. But this is still kind of new maybe we ll all adjust over time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Only things that say nice things about the game. ;)

I'm sure they want it that way, but we can't just leave 3 posts there all the time....
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

GD is geared towards new events/content,but even those will be moved to a better sub forum as time goes on to keep GD fresh. At least that's what I'm told.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Moved to correct sub forum.

GD is geared towards new events/content,but even those will be moved to a better sub forum as time goes on to keep GD fresh. At least that's what I'm told.

Thank you for the detail. I appreciate your time and the information.
  • Kyno is a superhero to do what he does amidst all this whining. Obviously its not his fault that the people who make this game don't care about the things that gamers care about. They should put Kyno in charge over there, and let him fix things. I'll bet he knows better than anyone what their customers actually want.