Weekly dev/news report #5 (19/11/17)

It’s Sunday, and you know what happens on Sundays (besides boring family dinners): It’s time for the Weekly dev/news report! The previous report is available here

This week has been very rich in terms of content, mostly because of the Territory War Beta. To provide insights on this specific aspect, I decided to add a “Territory War Beta” section to this report. I am altering the usual template, pray I don’t alter it any further.

As usual, words that are underlined are links to content or source, and everything is also available on my YouTube channel.

TERRITORY WAR BETA

- The Beta was announced here, and an overview of TW is available here. You can also take a look at the Megathread for more information and discussions.

I made 3 posts on Reddit to give an overview of Territory Wars and its mechanics. In these posts, I tried to give as much information as I could, and answered many questions. If you want to learn more about the game mode, I suggest you take a look at them! They are available here:

- Rewards and general information: Link, Video

- Deployment (Defense Phase): Link, Video

- Attack Phase: Link, First half, Second half

- If you are part of the Beta, please give your feedback on the Official Forums here. CG is trying to listen to us, and we should definitely answer their call.

- If you have any question, feel free to ask in the comments. I will try my best to answer to everybody.

OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS

- Everybody got a Free Kylo Ren, or 80 shards for him, to celebrate the release of Battlefront II! Link

- Kozi gave some explanations regarding Platoons here. Basically, the recently released characters/ships won’t be removed from Platoons. And the first 3 phases will soon have “curated” platoons, which will be announced in advance for players to anticipate.

DEV INSIGHTS

Many interesting things to see here.

- Kozi confirmed that Luke’s Hero’s Journey is coming back “Soon”! My guess is December, before Rey’s Journey. Link, Video

- RyDiggs confirmed that in case of a tie in Territory War, both guilds would receive 2nd place rewards. Link

- Kozi confirmed that the Guild Store will be reworked in the next Update, to include “valuable items”. Link, Video

RUMORS

- A screenshot showing a Droideka has been shared a lot recently. It was a fake, though a good one. Video

- A supposedly “leaked” Jedi Rey kit was also circulating. It was absolutely not official, and was simply crafted by a fan.

As usual, if you have any question, or you spotted a mistake/confusing statement, feel free to comment and I’ll edit the main post.

See you on the holo-tables!

Replies

• So yeah, it was Sunday when I posted it, but it took some time to be approved so it was published on Monday.

Thank you for making me look dumb, forum approval process!
  • Haha. I wish there was a subscribe button. Thanks again. Hopefully we ll get some more news today. But I feel like it will be tomorrow and then devs go into their turkey slumber after.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Haha. I wish there was a subscribe button.

Me too. These posts are probably the best thing on the forum right now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Haha. I wish there was a subscribe button.

Me too. These posts are probably the best thing on the forum right now.
    I love them. I wish there was a special community liaison tag. Not a mod or a dev but a player that goes above and beyond. This should honestly be stickied in general.
  • **** why am I only now finding these well curated summaries. Nicely done @Waez
  • Waez
    286 posts Member
    ea1LOX7.png
  • Waez wrote: »
    So yeah, it was Sunday when I posted it, but it took some time to be approved so it was published on Monday.

Thank you for making me look dumb, forum approval process!

Im sure it's Sunday somewhere in the world....
  • Hey, I know this thread is not the right place for feedback or bug reports, but I can't seem to make a new thread anywhere in this forum space... so I thought I would post my UI feedback of the latest update here... it's short:
    ---
    Devs, found some visual bugs.
    lt seems CG has shrunk the text and cover page images in these areas: Events, Challenges, Ship Challenges, and toon->Find(Shards), to allow for an unneeded and obvious explanatory text line. Our phones are small enough that having to deal with shrunken images and text is highly uncomfortable. Please go back to the sizing that the previous game client had.
    Thanks.