Revealed: Wampa, Colonel Starck and Imperial Probe Droid

Replies

• IMO.

Col Starck = meh, but gets a pass for being "Empire" from Legends (even though I never heard of him). Would have preferred "Snowtrooper Commander" or "AT-ST Driver" instead.

Wampa = no. Should have been a creature you had to kill 10 of in a Special Mission for ROLO shards or more TB Coins. Or whatever Toon for TB-Empire would like to introduce.

Imperial Probe Droid = perfectly legit, and great to have.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Great the dark side is getting some tlc :)

I for one think survivability is key to getting to the later phases. Seems dark side is pro damage but they'll only last so long without viable cleanser/healer. The light side has some decent options there, yet we await one that can rival Barriss, Rex and CHS, etc. Fingers crossed we get a couple very soon.
  • Why is Wampa DS?
    That is like saying a lion is dark side cause he ate a zebra.

It's just the circle of life, simba...

Oh snap!
  • Well disappointing but at least it's not rebels. Was hoping for a separatists rework or new additions but guess I was the only one cause they take player feedback and work on what the people want right? So no one must have wanted separatists and everyone wanted a Colonel barely anyone has heard of.
  • SavEisen wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    So much for preparing for rey’s hero journey. Time to start panic farming empire so i dont get booted from my guild

I hope that you never get kicked from your guild but if you ever did, we always have room in our family. We're FTP but we have many members that are still P2P. We got 41* last TB

What guild is that.
  • Ebbda wrote: »
    Great the dark side is getting some tlc :)

I for one think survivability is key to getting to the later phases. Seems dark side is pro damage but they'll only last so long without viable cleanser/healer. The light side has some decent options there, yet we await one that can rival Barriss, Rex and CHS, etc. Fingers crossed we get a couple very soon.

That's the problem with DS. They are not so much into healing eachother.
  • Gwonk wrote: »
    Why is Wampa DS?

There are only 2 choices. Do you think Light Side is more appropriate? ;)

Generally only characters who actively pursue justice or 'goodness' fall into the LS faction in this game. That's why most of the neutral / scoundrelly characters are dark side, even if they're not actively evil
  • Viserys wrote: »
    Gwonk wrote: »
    Why is Wampa DS?

Generally only characters who actively pursue justice or 'goodness' fall into the LS faction in this game. That's why most of the neutral / scoundrelly characters are dark side, even if they're not actively evil

He also attacked and almost ate the hero of the original trilogy. Wampa has been treated as Dark Side in every star wars game I've ever seen him in (okay, so that means the Decipher collectible card game of the 90's, but still, it counts).
  • Viserys wrote: »
    Why is Wampa DS?

That is a thin, and arbitrary line. The planets that sided with the republic did so mainly because of political reasons.
    Clones, ewok, jawa, even rebels fight for themselves, not for a greater good.
    The jedi at their most powerful , were a weapon of the dark side. Ask Barris. Light does not equal good.

Go tell your wife / grilfriend you want to be good and do not want to get too attached to her, cause attachment leads to jealousy. See how that will work out for you.

• Finally a playable monster.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    VBwQD.gif

The big reveal
  • @CG_Kozispoon update today then with these new toons? Other fun new details?
  • Why is Wampa DS?

Hahaha.... love it!!!
    Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • Tygra wrote: »
    Anyone ever seen the deleted scene from Echo Base with the Wampas during the Empire attack? The Wampa is a killing machine, it cares not for political views or what side your on.

All of that got cut from the movie because the set kept falling down and they didn't like the quality of what little bit they had
    Yes, I am THE Warrior.
  • Who else was more excited about seeing more of the Stacking Debuffs (On the Ewoks for reference).
  • @Muaddib We literally only fight empire soldiers/droids. Not Thrawn Vader Tarkin Palpatine Krennick Shore, Deathtrooper . Idk why you'd think we're fighting CLS, Wiggs, R2, Han, R1 ect
  • Warrior_TI wrote: »
    Tygra wrote: »
    Anyone ever seen the deleted scene from Echo Base with the Wampas during the Empire attack? The Wampa is a killing machine, it cares not for political views or what side your on.

All of that got cut from the movie because the set kept falling down and they didn't like the quality of what little bit they had

But it was still a pretty funny scene. Especially when C-3PO took the warning sticker off the door and the snow troopers opened it up and got grabbed
  • Colonel Starck? Colonel Starck??????
    We don’t have Droidekas or Jango Fett or PADME AMIDALA, a PRIMARY character in the prequels, with as much importance as Obi-Wan, Yoda, Palpatine, and Anakin. We have none of those.
    But we DO have COLONEL STARCK. Which no one has EVER heard of.
    I AM the High Ground
  • I'll give you jango but padme.....idk to each their own i guess.
  • They release bigger names over time. Probably intentionally delay their release, else there would be less to look forward to is my guess.
  • Muaddib wrote: »
    So.... DS TB is going to be Hoth too then?
    Meh.

My thoughts as well.
  • I don't understand how the game couldn't have Padme already - like you said, she's very much a primary character that should certainly already have been implemented (unless there's any kind of issues with using Portman's image in the game or something like that, but otherwise she ought to be in it)
  • tanki60o
    118 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Oh and by the way a WAMPA is stronger than Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Yoda, Boba Fett, and every Jedi in the game except General Kenobi. Makes sense.
    I AM the High Ground
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    Viserys wrote: »
    Why is Wampa DS?

He also attacked and almost ate the hero of the original trilogy. Wampa has been treated as Dark Side in every star wars game I've ever seen him in (okay, so that means the Decipher collectible card game of the 90's, but still, it counts).

I really loved that card game. I still look at my collection once in a while. Was bummed when they lost the rights and it went to wizards.
  • You could say the same for Pao and Bistan as well as several other 4th tier characters.
  • What would be Padme's basic skill? Talk to people until they die of boredom?
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    You could say the same for Pao and Bistan as well as several other 4th tier characters.

Yes but at least they were in a movie. And they also SUCK. These are good characters. A WAMPA should not be stronger than dark lords of the sith should it?
    I AM the High Ground

lol. Yup.
    Upvote

I hate sand
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner