Wampa- Kit Reveal

Prev13
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited February 27
Wampas are large, furry predators that stalk their prey under the cover of snowfall. One of these beasts attacked Luke Skywalker outside Echo Base, and devoured the tauntaun he was riding. Shards for Wampa can be acquired through the Guild Event Store.

3pysrt1ghm8z.gif

Basic Ability: Womp!
h2fwvaxgmaff.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Damage Over Time for 2 turns. If the target was Exposed or Staggered, Stun them for 1 turn. If the target was debuffed, gain 20% Turn Meter. If Wampa isn't debuffed, gain 20% Turn Meter. This attack can't be Evaded. This attack has +100% Offense against Rebel targets.

Special Ability 1: Icebreaker
qjto9763y8vs.gif

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all debuffs on Wampa. Deal Physical damage to all enemies and Daze them for 2 turns. Wampa gains Protection Up (150%) until the next time this ability is used, which can't be Dispelled or prevented. (Cooldown 5)

Special Ability 2: Furious Foe
i94vk27ulebv.gif

FINAL TEXT: Inflict Healing Immunity on all enemies for 2 turns, which can't be Evaded. Wampa gains 35% Accuracy, 35% Critical Chance, and 35% Offense (stacking) for the rest of the encounter. Wampa gains 15% Turn Meter for each defeated ally and each active enemy. This ability starts on cooldown. (Cooldown 4)

Unique Ability 1: Howling Rage

FINAL TEXT: While Wampa has Protection Up, it has +20% Counter Chance, +50% Offense, and +50% Tenacity.

Unique Ability 2: Cornered Beast

FINAL TEXT: Wampa has +50% Counter Chance. Wampa has +10% Counter Chance, +5% Health Steal and +5% Offense for each Damage Over Time effect on each enemy.
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Replies

• Well that’s interesting...
  • Thank you for letting us know where we will find each one
  • Anti Zarris/GK and anti rebel I love it!
  • YES I LOVE THIS I am so happy for this guy!
  • Healing immunity... wow.

GK, zarriss, luke and r2 unique can dispel
  • Is this a bad joke? It was mindless creature how can it be DS or LS?
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Is this a bad joke? It was mindless creature how can it be DS or LS?

Cause it attacked Luke
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Always happy to see a dark side character, and he looks good. But I still have to ask, why?
  • The wompa embodies all of us players that hate rebels.
  • Obviously to help out with the darkside tb. They're releasing dark side hoth toons could it be more obvious lol
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Literally a beast.

Why do you say it was mindless? It has a home, makes plans for future meals, and makes its own decisions. It's far more of an individual with the capacity for light and dark than, say, the Imperial Probe Droid.
  • We need more beasts! I want a team of nothing but barely-sentient monsters with enough mindless rage between them to blow up a sun!
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    Liamtbqh wrote: »

Why do you say it was mindless? It has a home, makes plans for future meals, and makes its own decisions. It's far more of an individual with the capacity for light and dark than, say, the Imperial Probe Droid.

Mindless as in it isn't capable of coherent thought, its a wild animal. Also droids are clearly intelligent in the SW universe... much more capable of LS or DS than an Animal looking to feed itself.
    skywhopper wrote: »

Mindless as in it isn't capable of coherent thought, its a wild animal. Also droids are clearly intelligent in the SW universe... much more capable of LS or DS than an Animal looking to feed itself.

How do we know it was just a mindless animal looking to feed itself? I don't remember the part of Empire Strikes Back where Luke tells Han "Han, it was just an animal trying to feed itself." i don't think a mindless animal could have frozen Luke's feet to the ceiling of it's lair. That was pretty clever. I can't do that.
  • Shards for Wampa can be acquired through Territory Wars.

So we get an ice monster from playing on a desert map.... ok that makes perfect sence...
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    Shards for Wampa can be acquired through Territory Wars.

So we get an ice monster from playing on a desert map.... ok that makes perfect sence...

we get Hermit Yoda shards from an ice map, so whats your point?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Nightlores wrote: »

We get Hermit Yoda from the Guild Event store? ROLO is from the the ice map.

Territory Wars is based on Jakku so FO, Resistance, Empire or Rebels would of made perfect sense. But a Wampa? Nah. He belongs on Hoth.
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Nightlores wrote: »

We get Hermit Yoda from the Guild Event store? ROLO is from the the ice map.

Territory Wars is based on Jakku so FO, Resistance, Empire or Rebels would of made perfect sense. But a Wampa? Nah. He belongs on Hoth.

K
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Dude Wampa with Zader in the raid... +5% offense per each damage over time on each enemy that could add up.
  • Good bey zeta Barris nice knowing you, well hello there wampa

I’m not sure why you think this hurts Barriss that much. It’s on a 4 turn cooldown and starts on cooldown. Those teams have several dispels, so this just means every 4 turns you get a very brief window to try and burn someone down.
  • Wampa on a Night Sisters team could be good...Starck has NS Zombie comparability too

Barriss aint going anywhere because of this one.

Cause it attacked Luke

So did Ewoks. They were both just hungry... one just happens to be scarrier
  • Special Ability 2: Furious Foe
    i94vk27ulebv.gif

FINAL TEXT: Inflict Healing Immunity on all enemies for 2 turns, which can't be Evaded. Wampa gains 35% Accuracy, 35% Critical Chance, and 35% Offense (stacking) for the rest of the encounter. Wampa gains 15% Turn Meter for each defeated ally and each active enemy. This ability starts on cooldown. (Cooldown 4)

Stacking!? Whoa... if the Wampa can survive the eight rounds it takes to use this skill twice, that's an obscene amount of power! Does this by chance stack throughout all eight rounds of a territory battle?
  • I wonder if they made his AI as bad as Hermit Yoda AI and he'll be too dumb to use his special and give himself +150% protection up until he's got a sliver of health left.
  • The wompa embodies all of us players that hate rebels.

+1

Cause it attacked Luke

So did Ewoks. They were both just hungry... one just happens to be scarrier

This. Exactly!

Let's be honest here, the only logic for him to be considered Dark Side is arbitrary game logic. Which isn't horrible, it is what it is, but still.
This discussion has been closed.