Version update 11/22 MEGA

Replies

• I love 97% of the stuff in here. Only issue I see is each TB will now only repeat every 20 days (6 day light side, 4 days with TW, 6 days DS, 4 days with TW). Those in serious but casual guilds have been having a hard enough time convencing members to farm Hoth Bros/CHS already. Now only being need once a month is going to just increase complacency IMO. Hoping we go to 12 hour phases after the new year.

12 Hour phases would run a lot of people away. People would easily be missing phases while sleeping, working, or doing other things in life.
  • Are you guys dropping both Vets to 16 energy Node? Do you not care about the game anymore? How is that not blowing up more. That is absolutely a kick in the balls. All the shops are vastly ignored and in need of new toons. Yet lets keep overloading one area of the game that is already past overloaded. From what I am hearing already, many spenders are going to stop because it is past no longer worth it.
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    LORDKAI wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs Regardless of the amount of complains you will undoubtedly receive on this update, I thank you. As a person with a life and job, etc, I appreciate having time constraints cut down, and GW being managable as I haven't beat more than 10 since G12 came out.

We're listening and improving all the time. Our Community Feedback is a key to the Game's success.
    Thanks for the support!
    kevsmart wrote: »
    A lot of good stuff here EXCEPT having both Vets on cantina nodes, meaning we can't farm both of them at the same time. Just a baffling decision.
    You will have to make choices, but eventually, you'll all get to there in the end ;)

See you in the Cantina for a while :)

Ry_Diggs

Still my personal hero Riggs. Modern day Guy Fawkes!
  • +1. Game crashes :'(
    MLFNK wrote: »
    On iPhone 7, running the latest iOS the game crashes on startup. So that's not good.

• so we get what...1 month to farm both veteran han and chewie?

PANIC FARM IMB4
  • Maize
    48 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Maize wrote: »
    Whales only getting Rey, thanks.

This.

This game has gotten blatantly more greedy in the last year. Been playing since launch and it wasn't as bad as it is now.

When the whole BF2 fiasco went down and no more buyable loot boxes. EA had to make up that money elsewhere, hense both vets in 16 cantina. I wish people who vent more about this kitten and it wouldnt happen.
  • I am aways a big supporter of this game, but this update is not what I was expecting at all! I thought we might get at least a weekend with double drops, but one day? Seriously?!
    A lot of the player base (myself included) were sparing currency from cantina, arena and GW I'm order to get at least one of the vets there. I was already expecting one of them being on a cantina node, but both?
    Just a quick math: each node takes 16 energy (since you just dropped them on the hardest nodes there are), and with a 30% drop rate, we will get, in the best case scenario, 10 shards every day, if we can refresh 3 times a day! It would take almost a month to get 7* on each, so in two months we'll be able to use them on Rey's Journey (if they're required, but probably will)
    So, no Rey for most f2p players this time around.

And the time savings, pff, I don't even want to comment on this.
    For the first time since rogue one release in those awful tournaments I'm really disappointed with an update
  • newbornFL wrote: »
    so we get what...1 month to farm both veteran han and chewie?

PANIC FARM IMB4

I will take one month!
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    WHAT'S AHEAD
    "The belonging you seek is not behind you... it is ahead."
    I'm gonna be the first to post that I think this means a Grievous rework
    giphy.gif
  • Man, you guys take two steps forward and then three steps back every time. Like you can't help yourselves. And then to make it all better you give us all of two days of double drops for the anniversary. Brutal
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    kevsmart wrote: »
    A lot of good stuff here EXCEPT having both Vets on cantina nodes, meaning we can't farm both of them at the same time. Just a baffling decision.
    You will have to make choices, but eventually, you'll all get to there in the end ;)

See you in the Cantina for a while :)

Ry_Diggs

Maths from http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Calculators/CantinaPlanner

Most people will have the Veteran's 15 shards into 3 stars. Refreshing three times a day (300 crystals), it will take an average of 25 days to get to 7 stars, or 50 days for both. If you refresh six times a day (1100 crystals), it will take an average of 15 days, or 30 days for both. Shave one or two days off that total for extra shards procured during the two days of double drops.

So even whales, spending 1100 crystals a day, will take about 4 weeks to get both characters to 7 stars, which might be enough time for Rey. Maybe.

Out of interest, spending all your cantina energy on the Vets without any crystals refreshes will take an average of 78 days per character, or 154 days total to get them both to 7 stars. Hope you're not wanting to get mods as well! Or CHS. Or DT.

Any chance of *cough* getting an extra refresh of cantina energy per day?
  • Amish_Ace wrote: »
    Vets to cantina nodes...what a surprise...NOT!

You know there are shipments you can stick some of these character shards in right?!

But they're going to be required for try, so no lol
  • Karek77
    292 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Really, both of them on Cantina AND on 16 energy nodes?! You guys really like to urinate on our throat
  • Yes they sure do
  • Not surprised. You don't think these people can learn from the BF2 fiasco right ?
  • You are talking about vet chewie and han right?

Yeah im salty about that aswell...

Movie is coming in less than a month and now we have to farm them to 7 stars ...

GG EA nice panic farm as always.

Just when i thought i'd have time to farm mods
  • It would be very much appreciated if CG could divulge what level we need the smugglers at. With the current math on that farm, the vast majority of light spenders and F2P will decide its not possible and ignore these characters which would translate into a much lower windfall for the Rey event.

I sincerely believe you intend to make it possible, but nobody could realistically evaluate it that way at the moment, even assuming we have an entire month before the journey goes live.
  • WHAT'S AHEAD
    giphy.gif

Except that this quote was directed at Rey.

Methinks it's the obvious "Jedi Rey to the game"
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    newbornFL wrote: »

PANIC FARM IMB4

I for one am excited for my 2-3 week panic farm. :)
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    newbornFL wrote: »

PANIC FARM IMB4

I for one am excited for my 2-3 week panic farm. :)

Given the math, though, you won't be able to 7 star both Old vets. Maybe not even one of them.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    WHAT'S AHEAD
    giphy.gif

Nope jango confirmed
  • phatphil3 wrote: »
    12 Hour phases would run a lot of people away. People would easily be missing phases while sleeping, working, or doing other things in life.

THIS!
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    WHAT'S AHEAD
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif
    That was a joke dude, because EVERY hint they drop gets contorted into Revan or a Grievous rework
    oh yeah, Jango
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    WHAT'S AHEAD
    giphy.gif

Nope jango confirmed

If there was a god...
  • "In addition, the PvE Shipment tables have been updated! PvE Shipments now offer a wider array of gear & characters, and now have ship blueprints available for the first time."

I'm happy about this. Maybe I'll be able to work on some ships and still use my fleet currency on zeta material. This is welcome.

Glad about the refresh time dropping. Nothing huge but it'll be nice.

Not being required to upgrade a mod is good too, or training, I never liked that there were dailies tha required the use of credits.

I sincerely hope with the shipment tables being updated and DS TB and TW rewards...I hope it'll take the edge off the grind.
  • Things are subject to change;
    Han and chewie to 16 cantina nodes.
    Ds TB launching next week.
    TW launching next week.
    Brief summary of the video.

Did you even bother reading the post? Ds TB launches this week on Thursday. Han and Chewie are on Cantina 8F and 8G.
  • The biggest time saving would be a complete Mod overhaul. Bring und Mod Sets so we can easily swap 6 mods at once. At best on the same screen. Kind of like a split screen between two characters. That would be time saving!
  • Even though i figured out that the Vets would prolly both be in the cantina i am not mad about it cause it just means i wont get Rey the first or even second time around. I am going to just focus are my Dark side toons which are my Favorites anyways I know i will be getting CLS the next time around and i can get BB8 whenever his event comes. Then Thrawn will be next for me. I have taken two breaks from thsi one of them about 2n half months and one of them about a month long and thats why i am behind most things. I can accept that is my fault. This update is cool otherwise and it does save some time for people. The only thing i was hoping for that i wanted that didnt come was a Discount on Crystal purchases not 25% more crystals. I also believe there will be some chewie shards and prolly credits and a full crafted gear 12 piece and some crystals for our gift.