Wampa- Kit Reveal

13Next

Replies

• Ugh!!!...
  • Orzosro wrote: »
    Why would they make a wompa a controllable char.. what's next Banthas?? Why isn't the wompa a raid or something. And you get pilot Luke shards or something.. smh. A wompa as a controllable char....wth.

No, a Wampa
  • I'm all about it. #loveit

Plus PETA would've had a fit if they neglected to represent animals.

The problem is that these animals will be getting hit so PETA will have a problem with this...like they do with everything animal related it seems.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
    Why would they make a wompa a controllable char.. what's next Banthas?? Why isn't the wompa a raid or something. And you get pilot Luke shards or something.. smh. A wompa as a controllable char....wth.

No, a Wampa

No.. a wompa... womp womp
    Why would they make a wompa a controllable char..

Because it's awesome.

Why not?
  • It's Bob Wampa to his friends.
  • Dunno what to say...if you've got something against the Wampa then there's something wrong with you :smiley:
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The wompa embodies all of us players that hate rebels.

That is why l love him, he should be tagged as an honorary Imperial
  • No tags whatsoever. Except Darkside... and attacker. How is the Wampa Darkside? He’s evil because he eats meat? I guess there are people who would argue that to be the epitome of evil, but... really?
  • No tags whatsoever. Except Darkside... and attacker. How is the Wampa Darkside? He’s evil because he eats meat? I guess there are people who would argue that to be the epitome of evil, but... really?

Well, he and Luke were definitely not on the same side...
  • Nothing against the furry little guy. Love him.
  • As far as creatures go this one is easily identified but short lived. It's significance to the main story is a plus. Weather it becomes a regular or not depends on If it's strength is equal to its size. If not then it will be added to the useless toons list right below the Halloween creatures that remain inactivated.
  • @CG_Kozispoon Love the update and everything being done is amazing!! Thank you guys for all the hard work. Question about Wampa: here in character kit it says acquired through Territory Wars, but in the game update notes it says acquired through the Guild Event Store. Which one is it? or is it a combination of both? Achievements maybe?
  • What a lot of people seem to miss on the forums (from what I've seen) is that just because one character is added, doesn't mean it takes the place of another. For instance, yes we got wampa, but that doesn't mean he replaced Jango (or whoever) this time around.
  • Ok... so im just put this out there if you like keep it. If you dont like it just send it right back.

Zader/whampa/boba/tusken shaman/gamorean guard -

i like red dots and i cannot lie
    you other brothers can't deny
    that when this team walks in wit dem lil red dots and a whampa in your face
    You get zader, light up his saber
    Cause notice them dots is stuffed
    Deep in the screen your seeing
    Your hooked and you cant stop doting
    Oh maybe i'll use my saber
    And snap a picture

Those metaboys tried to warn me
    But that WHOMP! you got makes (me so ____!)
  • Are you supposed to sing that to a Chumba Wampa song?
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Are you supposed to sing that to a Chumba Wampa song?

Not sure if you're joking... But its sir mix a lot.
  • We need a Rebel Officer named Yukon Cornelius and his "Elf" sidekick....
  • Or does the Bumble look like a Wampa?

Mind blown.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • The Force exists in all living things. Most definitely capable of holding light or dark side affinity.

Droids have a defined intelligence but no soul and life energy. The imperial probe droid’s association to an “evil faction” is what aligns it as a dark side character. The same could NOT be said for innocent imperial citizens however, that do not act on national directives or a product of the empire, merely an asset or notable collateral that doesn’t sway one way or the other.

Just my 2 cents on the early posts about wampa’s light/dark identification.

*another possibility is that this is the SPECIFIC Wampa that attacked Luke - not a nameless toon that mascots the species. That individual Wampa could have been particularly closer to the dark side based on location and the presence of galactic conflict (or force-sensitive hotspots from Hoth itself). It’s possible that other wampas could have been good-hearted and nurturing in spirit. The Force is a complicated web.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    The Force exists in all living things. Most definitely capable of holding light or dark side affinity.

Droids have a defined intelligence but no soul and life energy. The imperial probe droid’s association to an “evil faction” is what aligns it as a dark side character. The same could NOT be said for innocent imperial citizens however, that do not act on national directives or a product of the empire, merely an asset or notable collateral that doesn’t sway one way or the other.

*another possibility is that this is the SPECIFIC Wampa that attacked Luke - not a nameless toon that mascots the species. That individual Wampa could have been particularly closer to the dark side based on location and the presence of galactic conflict (or force-sensitive hotspots from Hoth itself). It’s possible that other wampas could have been good-hearted and nurturing in spirit. The Force is a complicated web.

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we seen the Dark Side of the Force corrupt non-sentient living things before?

And if you have a problem with Wampa, you should have a problem with Probe Droid as well. I always got the sense that they were more probe than droid. Not really sentient. Just really basic in the droid world. Kinda like a dog.

I could be wrong.
  • Chagoth wrote: »
    Fauztin wrote: »
    The Force exists in all living things. Most definitely capable of holding light or dark side affinity.

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we seen the Dark Side of the Force corrupt non-sentient living things before?

And if you have a problem with Wampa, you should have a problem with Probe Droid as well. I always got the sense that they were more probe than droid. Not really sentient. Just really basic in the droid world. Kinda like a dog.

I could be wrong.

I'm not sure about new canon, but I remember in the old canon Droids could utilise the Force if they went long enough without a memory wipe. Droids can develop some level of sentience or true intelligence if they don't have their memories wiped for a very long time, which I guess counts them as 'living' things and allows the Force to flow through them. Given that they can use it, I guess they can also be affected by the different sides of it.
  • Chagoth wrote: »
    Fauztin wrote: »

I could be wrong.

Yes, we have. I can think of some instances where Korriban corrupted all the wildlife and made them feral (ish), separate from non-sentient species that were naturally drawn to the dark side like the Hssiss (spelling?)

And I can get that about the probe droid. Very simple programming, unlike Astro mechs or service droids like C3-P0. No “free-will,” so automatically dark side only by association to the faction of the empire.

@SpadeFreeman , as for droids gaining force sensitivity, i’m Gonna draw the line. I understand going without a memory wipe approaches a state of rampancy where they can do as they wish with erratic behavior, but I don’t think that’s crossing a threshold of being “alive.”
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Moroveus wrote: »
    Special Ability 2: Furious Foe
    i94vk27ulebv.gif

FINAL TEXT: Inflict Healing Immunity on all enemies for 2 turns, which can't be Evaded. Wampa gains 35% Accuracy, 35% Critical Chance, and 35% Offense (stacking) for the rest of the encounter. Wampa gains 15% Turn Meter for each defeated ally and each active enemy. This ability starts on cooldown. (Cooldown 4)

Stacking!? Whoa... if the Wampa can survive the eight rounds it takes to use this skill twice, that's an obscene amount of power! Does this by chance stack throughout all eight rounds of a territory battle?
    I've got my Wampa ready to roll and I am really curious about this. I just kind of assumed it would, but I want to make sure.
This discussion has been closed.