Territory Battles: Imperial Retaliation: Vertical Slices 1-3 Platoon Requirements

Prev1
CG_RyDiggs
536 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited December 2017
As we mentioned in this post it is our intention to provide a more deliberate experience in Platoon Missions inside of Territory Battles by both curating those Platoons and then providing the list of those curated Platoons in the forums. We will provide updates before we make changes to this list in the future, so you can plan your Platoons accordingly.

Platoon requirements by Vertical Slice and Territory: updated: 11/22
FAQs
Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Post edited by CG_RyDiggs on

Replies

• What is vertical slice? I don’t understand that term.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Gamorrean Guard... I had a feeling -_-
  • by vertical slice, i believe they mean each day of the TB. So on day 1, there is only 1 set of platoons that day. Day 2 there are 2 (north and south) day 3 there are 3 (Ships, Mid, and south). My guess that the requirements for day 1 will be either the left or right column. Day 2 they will be either one from each column, or random (possibly duplicates). Day 3 should be set squads in all 3 rows unless the DS TB has 2 lanes in day 1.

it is confusing for sure as I don't recall the term "Vertical Slices" ever being used before.
  • Staubie12 wrote: »
    What is vertical slice? I don’t understand that term.

Apologies for the confusion. We have used 'vertical strip' in the past when describing a vertical unbroken line of Territories. Consider Vertical Strip and Vertical Slice the same: Original Reference

Cheers!
  • Wonder why they put it in a graphic - makes it bit harder to digest/rearrange into more usable form.

What would make a handier presentation?
    Seems like having count of duplicates (both within a platoon, and across platoons in a territory) would be helpful. (Tell number of each character needed.)
    Any other ideas how to boil this down to make accessible?
  • Artimus
    175 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Just curious, as I often am. That said, so here comes the monkey’s wrench, (that’s me and mine) are there going to be level, star upgrade, or gearing requirements on these or will it simply be having said characters and ships unlocked?

Edit:
    I understand the implied “it’s all the same as LS:TB.” I ask because I recall at no point that is has been unequivocally stated to be so.
  • Platoons in the first 3 slices are always easy. It's P6 when we'll need twelve 7* Mob Enforcers where things will get dicey, lol.
  • So vertical slice = phase?
  • It seems so
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Did I miss it or are we not getting the same for the LS TB?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Did I miss it or are we not getting the same for the LS TB?

Not announced yet. Likely we'll see it before the next one comes in December.
  • The ingame messaging (and most discussion around TBs) uses the term "Phase" to describe what has recently been called "Vertical Slice"/"Vertical Strip". Could CG please stick to the ingame terms to avoid confusion? Thanks.
  • Faydark wrote: »
    The ingame messaging (and most discussion around TBs) uses the term "Phase" to describe what has recently been called "Vertical Slice"/"Vertical Strip". Could CG please stick to the ingame terms to avoid confusion? Thanks.

Absolutely noted. Good feedback.

RT
  • RyDiggs, can you give us the excel spreadsheet you're obviously using, or at least put the data in html tables that we can copy/paste from?
  • dajhmaster
    12 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    RyDiggs, can you give us the excel spreadsheet you're obviously using, or at least put the data in html tables that we can copy/paste from?

Plus one on this request!
    The ingame messaging (and most discussion around TBs) uses the term "Phase" to describe what has recently been called "Vertical Slice"/"Vertical Strip". Could CG please stick to the ingame terms to avoid confusion? Thanks.

They stopped that because of you don't complete an area it's reactived next day.
  • RyDiggs, can you give us the excel spreadsheet you're obviously using, or at least put the data in html tables that we can copy/paste from?

Doing it :)
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    RyDiggs, can you give us the excel spreadsheet you're obviously using, or at least put the data in html tables that we can copy/paste from?

Doing it :)

And done! Please see our post from our handy dandy mods <<HERE>>
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Faydark wrote: »

Absolutely noted. Good feedback.

RT

Yes please stop with this vertical slices stuff. "Phase" is perfect.

made my day. cheers!
    »GYST« Get Your Sith Together! »GYST«
  • No, phase is not perfect, because that's a chronological descriptor. Each phase is a time period that runs from noon EST to noon EST. If you don't star a territory, you remain on that for the next phase. So phases are when you are in TB. These requirements are where you are in terms of location. People who star every territory each phase treat them as if they are equivalent, but they are not. Guilds that can't star every territory each phase know well the difference.

• Yes please stop with this vertical slices stuff. "Phase" is perfect.

Heya @Darth_Ouchilus

Unfortunately Phase is a temporal (time based) measurement. Usually 24 hours. While we're trying to describe map oriented objects and areas on the map. Hence, sometimes there being confusion.

Consider, in Phase 1, a guild only finishes the top Territory. Then Phase 2, the guild would have a territory in column 1 and column 2 but still be in Phase 2. :frowning:

We'll get it straitened out tho.

Cheers!
  • Jaajaa71
    24 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Am I reading this correctly and “vertical slice 1/phase 1/day 1 of tb now has 2 x territories, as posted above is vertical slice 1 and is listing required troops for territory 1 and 2.
  • Yes, they said they were adding a territory to make max stars 48, so Phase 1 now has 2
  • CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Yes please stop with this vertical slices stuff. "Phase" is perfect.

Heya @Darth_Ouchilus

Unfortunately Phase is a temporal (time based) measurement. Usually 24 hours. While we're trying to describe map oriented objects and areas on the map. Hence, sometimes there being confusion.

Consider, in Phase 1, a guild only finishes the top Territory. Then Phase 2, the guild would have a territory in column 1 and column 2 but still be in Phase 2. :frowning:

We'll get it straitened out tho.

Cheers!

Then I suggest "sector" to refer to the "vertical slices," which is a bit cumbersome. So the TB is divided into 6 sectors, each sector contains 2-3 territories.
  • Before I read this thread I knew what phase and platoon 1, 2, etc meant. Now I am so confused. How are the terminology between the devs and actual players completely different? Never seen a game like this before with such a disconnect, it's like we are speaking different languages sometimes.
  • I have created a Google Sheet with the information. It calculates the total number of each toon/ship needed per phase/slice. When the requirements change, you just copy the new list in and it recalculates.

You are welcome GC B)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F9iglT2Uxfrr02aUlwT8ACbWar3yP_7c6yADo1OiW_w/edit?usp=sharing
  • So, even having much less dark side toons available than light side, we get an extra territory in DS TB with extra Platoons to "burn" toons there, so that we almost don't have toons left to complete missions?
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    Before I read this thread I knew what phase and platoon 1, 2, etc meant. Now I am so confused. How are the terminology between the devs and actual players completely different? Never seen a game like this before with such a disconnect, it's like we are speaking different languages sometimes.

I'm with you @warmonkey. Phase doesn't have to have a temporal connotation. It's a step in a progression. Also, it can just mean "aspect" or "part." Here, should not phases progress with completion, not time? So if a Territory in phase 1 is unfinished, they're still in phase 1 when Phase 2 opens. They can progress to phase 2 once the territory in question has completed the phase 1 step.

But whatever. Star Wars: Galaxy of Vertical Slices it is, if CG insists.

• Can we get totals of every unit required (I.e. phase 3, 6 Darth Mauls) somewhere?