Seriously? Do none of you have families or lives?

Prev1
So, this is probably news to CG and EA.. but the vast majority of high end players in the game, the ones who spend ridiculous or less ridiculous sums on this game, all have families and lives they need to lead outside of playing the game.

The imminent drop of both DS TB and TW, all mind you, on the holiday weekend, where 99.99% of us have families and kids to spend it with, is a real kick in the teeth.

You guys are making it impossible for folks to want to spend any time on a mobile game that going back a year or more, had no such ridiculous time commitments. In effect, you're shooting yourselves in the foot, making what should be fun into a chore, and players are leaving in droves. More and more every day.

I'm far from a casual player. Quite far even, but it's getting to the point where even the most committed are getting sick of the increasing time commitments. With TW imminent and 1 day breaks, literally 9 out of every 10 days are committed to something in game. It's too much. Too much for guild officers coordinating events, too much for even players to have to spend so much time and effort, just to play a mobile game.

Do you guys really have 0 consideration for quality of life or does it just appear that way? Being based in Sacramento, I'd think everyone at CG would have similar considerations or does that only apply to the employees who also want to enjoy a 4 day weekend?

Replies

• Well said Dingo! Why is it necessary to have constant events? I’ve already got one job with unrealistic time commitment expectations... can’t we dial back the events a bit... please!
  • UoJCAM
    213 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Agree 100%. My Guild has fantastic Officers and members who knock themselves out getting 41* in TB. All this new stuff coming during a major holiday in the US is more than most can commit to. We just lost an Officer who needed a well deserved break and I'm afraid this bomb will keep him from coming back.

I love Star Wars and enjoy this game immensely, but I fear this may be the beginning of the end. Give us room to breathe and we'll be there as rhe game grows.
  • Yet another example of a silly misstep by EA/CG here....
  • This is completely unreal for a company, to expect a game, to take priority over our real lives and family.
    Already said above, I have a real job, and as an officer in a guild, I find myself taking on a second job every time that TB comes around. Now, you want to make this a 24/7 job instead of 6 days on 4 days off. Really ? are you guys that greedy for income and demanding we are here in your game that you are going to require us in the game daily grinding away at your senseless waves of content ? This is with out even taking into effect, you are dropping this on a HOLIDAY weekend.
    I enjoy playing your game, but it is that.... A GAME. You should keep this in mind with the amount of time sensitive committing content that you are dropping on us.
  • Remember EAs CFO wants you to always be logged in with a reason to spend. Cg is just following directions.
  • Completely agree Dingo. For the more serious players, you already have to put aside time during the day for 2 arena payouts, as well as GW and TB. Officers who are coordinating TB events have to put in MORE time outside the game to make sure to properly coordinate resources to maximize output (and that's besides wrangling up people not doing their 600's :)

Space the events out more. Give the players time to breathe. People were asking for content before TB since some felt there was a drought because HAAT was the end game. Now that TB is, that is 6 days worth of commitment, besides running raids and arenas.

I'm not an officer in my guild, but I know how much time and effort they put into coordinating these events, and its not easy. It would be much better if you let the guild decide when to run a TB at least, so they can decide the pace they want to receive awards. Currently, it leaves no time for life events. Vacation hoping to detach for a bit? Nope.

This is all besides having to star and gear toons that are required for events. Seriously EA/CG, ease off the gas a bit.
  • Phase 2 is the one going on during Thanksgiving, and you have 24 hours to do it (and it can be completed on Friday). Everyone just looks for things to complain about. You can probably complete it on auto, since you say you are a high end player and all. Or just skip it if you can’t spare a few minutes. Is it that big of a deal if your guild decides to take a star or two less for the TB because you would rather spend every possible minute with your family? Will you complain about GW and everything else that still “has to be done” that day?
  • Who needs families and lives, when you can report to your overlords that the average player spends over 2 hours a day on your game?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Thanks for being that guy Bulldog1205!
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Thanks for being that guy Bulldog1205!

I looked on the water, didn't find you.

I’m sorry, I just find it hilarious when people complain about having to play a game. It’s a game. If you don’t want to play then don’t play. Missing 1 day isn’t going to kill you. I’m personally glad I’ll have more to play on a day I get off from work.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    Just spent $ in the game for the first time. Got a $25 Google Play card to finish up Rey and get a (slight) jump on KRU and his ship. I regret it because now I feel obligated to continue investing time even though those characters are not going to be realistic for me. Now I need to farm Veers, bounty hunters, and vet smugglers. Guess I'll have to put off Phoenix for a while. Wampa? Probe droid? This is getting a little overwhelming.

I’m sorry, I just find it hilarious when people complain about having to play a game. It’s a game. If you don’t want to play then don’t play. Missing 1 day isn’t going to kill you. I’m personally glad I’ll have more to play on a day I get off from work.

Good for you, as long as you stay logged in, they have a chance of you buying something! Just like their CFO said he wants you to do.
  • Wil wrote: »
    Just spent $ in the game for the first time. Got a $25 Google Play card to finish up Rey and get a (slight) jump on KRU and his ship. I regret it because now I feel obligated to continue investing time even though those characters are not going to be realistic for me. Now I need to farm Veers, bounty hunters, and vet smugglers. Guess I'll have to put off Phoenix for a while. Wampa? Probe droid? This is getting a little overwhelming.

That's how it starts. Define how you want to play and stick to it. Play the squads you enjoy.
  • Agree,
    Do not get pulled into their forced way of playing. Play how you want to, and enjoy it.
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    UoJCAM wrote: »
    That's how it starts. Define how you want to play and stick to it. Play the squads you enjoy.

That's what I've always done. Stuck to droids for a long time, now I've been running FO for a long time. The problem is being a contributing member of a guild. There are so many characters that are mandatory for things, that it is tough to do your own thing at this point.
  • UoJCAM
    213 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Hopefully your Guild understands. If not, shoot me a message. I have a friend who runs a relaxed, but competitive Guild.
    Post edited by UoJCAM on
  • +1

Yep it is quite crazy out of all the complaining on this forum the time commitment is one I don't understand I literally everyday run out of things to do in the game. Most of those complaining about time in the game spend a lot of time on the forum post multiple times
  • Even I login all the time I won’t spend another penny, but yes, time is more previous than anelse
  • I blame the holidays.

They shouldn't get in the way of EA's random releases.

It's terribly unfair to EA and we the players who worship EA
  • Every mobile game does this dude. They are very repetitive arcade style games with no significant story or multiplayer, so their version of content longevity is adding more and more to the game. 99% of mobile games fall victim to this fact.
  • The timing around here for the game isn't the best. Would be nice if content didn't drop over holiday weekend everytime
  • Orfy wrote: »
    The timing around here for the game isn't the best. Would be nice if content didn't drop over holiday weekend everytime

There's no holiday in Brazil where I'm from.

• Well they just announced some significant QOL improvements today and said more are coming. Hopefully a lot more.
  • Raffibomb wrote: »
    Remember EAs CFO wants you to always be logged in with a reason to spend. Cg is just following directions.

C rap the Booze out

- El Cunado
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    I think this is being blown out of proportion, but I think I'm not the only one that wishes GW could be simmed. Seriously how many times do I have to mindlessly go through 12 nodes before I earn the right to sim it?
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    I think this is being blown out of proportion, but I think I'm not the only one that wishes GW could be simmed. Seriously how many times do I have to mindlessly go through 12 nodes before I earn the right to sim it?

Till you get a sense of pride and accomplishment
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • tRRRey wrote: »

Kinda off topic don't u think?
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    tRRRey wrote: »

Kinda off topic don't u think?

Not really, GW is a major time sink in this game. I know I can beat it every day so just let me sim it and get it over with.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!