Rey’s Hero Journey [Mega]

Replies

• NicWester wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Luke's Hero Journey: Old Ben Kenobi v. Darth Vader = death

Rey's Kylo Ren’s Hero Journy: VS Han v. Kylo Ren = death
    Fixed it for you.

Luke watching Obi-Wan die was a character-defining moment for Luke. Kylo’s patricide had everything to do with his growth and nothing to do with Rey’s.

Moreover, Han didn’t fight Kylo Ren so why would there be a battle—that didn’t happen—for a character who wasn’t involved?

Didn't have much of a battle for old Ben either. They can easily just do a cut scene.
  • It wasn’t much of a battle because it was 1977 and Alec Guiness was 700 years old. But they fought. Han and Kylo Ren never fought.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Pariah_Anchorite
    836 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    He gives Rey a 7* gun and offers her a 7* job, cut scene, Then he just stands there and there is some dialogue, then *bam* Outrage

Edit: and we need a 7* roar of dismay from Chewie

Fixed it for you.

Luke watching Obi-Wan die was a character-defining moment for Luke. Kylo’s patricide had everything to do with his growth and nothing to do with Rey’s.

Moreover, Han didn’t fight Kylo Ren so why would there be a battle—that didn’t happen—for a character who wasn’t involved?

Maybe I'm misremembering but I seem to recall rey screaming when Han was killed. Han pretty much a father figure for her at that point. Pretty impactful moment in her life.

Fixed it for you.

They tried to make his death affect rey. Its why she hugs Leia.
    NicWester wrote: »

Fixed it for you.

Maybe I'm misremembering but I seem to recall rey screaming when Han was killed. Han pretty much a father figure for her at that point. Pretty impactful moment in her life.

I wouldnt say father but they wanted him to be a mentor like figure so his death affects her. Weather that worked for you or not doesnt change the fact that they showed rey being affected by Hans death not only when it happened but when she sees Leia.
  • Guys. You’re missing the point: there isn’t a fight.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »

NO. No. No. .... Haven't you been reading this thread? Rey's journey MUST be EXACTLY like Luke's journey. It just has to to because... well ... they said so.

</sarcasm>

It's really all we got. But EA's infamous for throwing a wrench to troll players. Again, who could've predicted all this so soon? I'd imagine a teaser and a week of testing/preparation and perhaps a look=see into the calender to see if Africa has any holiday weekends that may take away time from playing this magnificent game.
  • AnnerDoon wrote: »

NO. No. No. .... Haven't you been reading this thread? Rey's journey MUST be EXACTLY like Luke's journey. It just has to to because... well ... they said so.

</sarcasm>

It's really all we got.
    That's kind of the point... All we have is one data point, and that was a data point that was specifically intended to break the rules of all previous events. So what people are essentially doing is focusing in solely on the idea that Heroes Journeys are all the same, rather than them all being unique.
    Guys. You’re missing the point: there isn’t a fight.

there doesn't have to be a fight they can do a cut scene of sorts this really shouldn't be that hard to imagine
  • First comment ever - and probably my last.
    If Rey's journey requires the vets, I am going to uninstall the game once and for all.
    I'm sick of meta-breaking chars that I as a near-f2p-player cannot achieve even with the best preparation possible.

The only possible thing that I am not prepared to (because I couldn't) is needing the vets (or kylo unmasked lol). And the only way to get them is either spending a shitload of cash or a shitload of crystals (which you only have if you've already spent a shitload of cash before).

Sayonara.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    What are we looking at for farming the vets from 15/30 to 7 star? Three refreshes a day should still take around 25 to 27 days? So basically 7-8 weeks for both. No way the wider community will be able to do that.
  • Catarax wrote: »
    First comment ever - and probably my last.
    If Rey's journey requires the vets, I am going to uninstall the game once and for all.
    I'm sick of meta-breaking chars that I as a near-f2p-player cannot achieve even with the best preparation possible.

The only possible thing that I am not prepared to (because I couldn't) is needing the vets (or kylo unmasked lol). And the only way to get them is either spending a shitload of cash or a shitload of crystals (which you only have if you've already spent a shitload of cash before).

Sayonara.

Bye!
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    Catarax wrote: »

Sayonara.

Bye!

+1

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    edited November 2017

Sayonara.

As a f2p, please tell me, how long will it take for you to get Nihilus? How long will it take for you to get the nightsisters ready?
    So then again, please tell me, why should a legendary event be different from the point, where you get the characters there?
    Why on earth, should there be a single legendary event, where p2p and f2p are able to get the reward (7* legendary) at day 1?

As a f2p, either go for fastest possible way or don't. It's either the 2nd time, the event will go live or the third time...
    F2p=be patient

Thank you
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    15/30 - 7* is 265 shards. 3 refreshes a day is roughly 485 energy a day which is 30 sims. at a 1/3 drop rate that is an average of 10 a day.

But wait, we have double drops coming up. Hoarding cantina energy until then would get us another ~33 shards overall which leaves us needing 232 shards at 10 a day is 23 days.

Since there's 2 of them though, the other will require an additional 27 days.
    We will need a total of 50 days to farm them both to 7* at 3 cantina refreshes a day.

that's $100 worth of crystals to get them in that short a time. If they are required 7* the event better not come out for at least 2 months or this will be the worst example of money grubbing I have seen from this game yet.

I don't mind them turning a profit, but $100 is enough IMO. No other legendary event has required such an expenditure of crystals to be possble. They were ALL possible F2P (yes even Thrawn was attainable 7* F2P though people like to claim he wasn't).

I suppose if our free gift is 140 shards for each of the smugglers we could be ready to go in 3 weeks... while still spending $40 worth of crystals.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    that's $100 worth of crystals to get them in that short a time. If they are required 7* the event better not come out for at least 2 months or this will be the worst example of money grubbing I have seen from this game yet.

This is what keeps me hoping that either the Vets aren't required, or the event isn't coming until January. Even with Phoenix, the only real similar event where characters that were required were dropped just for the event, they made it possible, maybe if you were saving up some currency, but you could unlock if not get to 7* f2p.

The Vets being placed on 16 energy nodes is simply not at all possible to get both of them by Dec. 15th. Maybe if one was put on a 16 energy node and another somewhere else, but them both sharing the cantina node means not possible.

The only way to make up for the difference, if she's coming in Dec. 15th, is to make purchases in the crystal shipments, which is a clear p2p only. They've never done that for legendary/heroic characters. Not saying they couldn't start, but it is the worst case of money grabbing I've seen from this game yet.
  • All that being said, they probably placed them on the node to get people to farm them out of speculation, and to see how angry the player base got before they announced Rey's requirements.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Dretzle wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »
    It is the worst case of money grabbing I've seen from this game yet.
    Let’s maybe wait until we see what’s needed before we start handing out trophies.
    Let’s maybe wait until we see what’s needed before we start handing out trophies.

You did see my paragraphs worth of clarifying statement leading up to that statement, right? It was entirely predicated on if the release of Rey's event coincides with the movie and if the Veterans are required and everything stays as currently announced.

If you can only be bothered to read the last sentence, then please also don't be bothered to reply.
  • Dretzle wrote: »

You did see my paragraphs worth of clarifying statement leading up to that statement, right? It was entirely predicated on if the release of Rey's event coincides with the movie and if the Veterans are required and everything stays as currently announced.

If you can only be bothered to read the last sentence, then please also don't be bothered to reply.

I read the whole thing. You clarified your position, the dozen other folks saying the same thing didn’t. Your last sentence was the most declarative.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

Fixed it for you.

Its a game dude - why not.

Yes Kylo killing Han was part of his own character development etc. but (not so much I do agree) it was also Rey's.

Rey formed quite an attachment with Han - when he offered her a job she was so excited at that prospect she almost forgot about her need to return to Jakku to wait for her family.

Kylo also reached inside Rey's mind and found out that Rey held Han as a father figure - Kylo's response was that she would be disappointed by that.

So watching someone she had held in such high regard was not so different from Luke holding Old Ben in such high regard and watching his death at the hands of Vader.

Not to mention TFA story completely mirrored ANH and this is one of those parallels.
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    All that being said, they probably placed them on the node to get people to farm them out of speculation, and to see how angry the player base got before they announced Rey's requirements.

I’ve been buying their shards since they were added to the store. Haven’t spent money since then, just 100% of my daily reward crystals. Han is at 20/100. Chewie is 4/100. Cantina farming will get me the rest of the way to 7* each.

I hope my speculation pays off. Weeks and weeks of rewards down the drain if not.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    theHejiN wrote: »

Sayonara.

As a f2p, please tell me, how long will it take for you to get Nihilus? How long will it take for you to get the nightsisters ready?
    So then again, please tell me, why should a legendary event be different from the point, where you get the characters there?
    Why on earth, should there be a single legendary event, where p2p and f2p are able to get the reward (7* legendary) at day 1?

As a f2p, either go for fastest possible way or don't. It's either the 2nd time, the event will go live or the third time...
    F2p=be patient

Thank you

I got CLS on first try.

But Yoda, EP and Thrawn I needed to wait and try again.

Thrawn was a key point because of how Phoenix were released to farm and that was a full 5 squad team.

Having said that VS Han & Chewie only cost $ or crystals. Unless you are pacing at a very high arena rank everyday then crystals is the way to get them.

The hard part for CLS was getting R2 (through his own legendary event) the rest were farmable for free for a very long time.

With Rey's journey the same for R2 should be said about BB8. Finn and Rey have been farmable for a very long time, but VS Han and Chewie are new and are essentially p2p toons - so that makes Rey's new Journey event a p2p event too and by extension this version of Rey is therefore essentially p2p.
  • Corvus
    190 posts Member
    edited November 2017

F2p=be patient

Thank you

You realise that you could get the toons you mention just by doing the event due the marquee nature? Sure not 7* but everyone that was around that time could get them. The same for Thrawn where they already stretched it quite a bit.

And for CLS it was all obtainable as all toons habe been farmable a long time from different places most were even easy farms.

So IF they choose to make the vets a requirement at 7 star this will be whole new thing in their approach to milk the playerbase. I am not saying this is gonna happen as the exact requirement are still shrouded in mystery but if the predictions are right this will be the worst example of greed in this game I have come across...
  • they didn't give us much time to farm Phoenix
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • What do you think the specifications will be for this event? Will a 5* BB8 do? Only unlockable at 7* like CLS?
  • If it’s like CLS, expect 7* requirements. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Veterans, whales, and people who followed their instincts will get 7* Rey the first time around. Those who wait for official confirmation will start working on the requirements and get her the second time around. I had to wait months to get a 7* Thrawn because I wasn’t ready the first time. There’s always a second chance for those who aren’t ready. I’ve learned that lesson.
  • Heroes journey will require 7* toons. I can only imagine how powerful shes going to be: 6 abilities. 3 zetas. I thought it was odd she didnt have a leader ability the first time around. I cant imagine it would beat out Finn’s zeta.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    they didn't give us much time to farm Phoenix

They didn't, but they at least spread the characters as widely as possible so that people were able to farm all of them simultaneously. Hera and Ezra were both in the cantina, but they were both on the cheapest possible nodes and Ezra was also available in the Fleet so you could still make progress on him while you farmed Hera.

They didn't put them all on the most expensive cantina nodes which require you to be level 83 to even think of trying to get them.
  • Heroes journey will require 7* toons. I can only imagine how powerful shes going to be: 6 abilities. 3 zetas. I thought it was odd she didnt have a leader ability the first time around. I cant imagine it would beat out Finn’s zeta.

I hope not, just about to get that bad boy zeta
This discussion has been closed.