Version update 11/22 MEGA

Replies

• Germi wrote: »
    I agree 100% if this is true.
    Making the event unreachable for F2P would be a really bad move!
    Let’s see what they have to say.

Nothing, is what they have to say.
    The speculation on Rey event has been going in for weeks.
    Threads like this will not force them to tell us earlier than they plan to.
    It is our choice on who we farm, the required toons will be released about 2 weeks before event.
    I will buy/ farm the vets.
    Maybe I'll get lucky and they are needed.
    Maybe my guess will be wrong.
    Only time will tell
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Viserys wrote: »
    Many players are preparing right now, to ramp up for a panic farm on the Veteran Smugglers - this is for the vast majority of players, a farm for which money spending (buying crystals or packs) will be mandatory.

It's not my favorite thing that the Vets are both on 16 energy cantina nodes, but you know -- fine. I can live with that, but the real danger here is that CG is baiting players into a planning a money-mandatory farm on absolute speculation of the exact parameters of that farm. How much time do we have? People are assuming we have enough to finish it with refreshes. How highly starred do the vets need to be? People are assuming we need them at 7. People are certainly assuming we have to have the vets for the event (this seems a relatively safe assumption at this point)

When CG does finally actual divulge the requirements for this farm, if they cut the legs off players who planned and started a money-mandatory farm to get these Vets (surprise, you have only two weeks!) you're going to start a nuclear eruption that will make the CHS 7* thing seem small.

Many players don't mind spending some for major milestones and events, but asking players to plan money expenditure on conjecture is extremely dangerous. CG needs to divulge what the time frame for the event is before players start pulling the trigger on this farm. They need to feed more information, tell us what the packs will be soon.

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs @CG_TopHat @CG_JohnSalera @CG_Carrie

Take a tip from the current Battlefront 2 fiasco. The people in charge of this game will not change until all of you threaten and/or stop spending money on their pay-to-win plans. You want change? STOP SPENDING AND LET THEM KNOW IT.
  • Ok, I still haven't got my update. I demand 10 chewie shards.
  • Jackets wrote: »
    Garmaddon wrote: »
    Is "celebrate this August occassion" a hint that CLS is back for the anniversary?

Please be true!

So much this

Also I'm going to be real peeved if the TW prep events highlight cls as an optimal defensive squad choice before his event returns. TB mission requiring cls is bad enough, adding that TW is slanted towards the guild that can field more cls will be really uncool.

Sounds like you are finally making GW manageable for players with a good A team squad, don't make TW the new GW excercise in dispair where we literally have no toons that can beat the opposite team. TW matchmaking really needs to account for all this or else casual guilds will be pitted against guilds that are favored to win (abuse matchmaker by arranging who ques for TW in a way that lowers the GP to mask that their rosters are primarily meta g11/12 toons against the ad hoc rosters of casual guilds; I'm sure someone will number crunch the ratio of weakest guildies to strongest guildies that a chives this).
  • You'd think after BF2 a lesson would be learned 8(
  • I am pretty sure most $20 packs are 80 shards. That's what all of the "A New Hope" characters were
  • Gwonk wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Gwonk wrote: »
    Sure, I don't disagree.

However, speculation has unfortunately become a pretty major part of how you have to play this game if you want to get the windfall of the events.

So when people initially speculated that the Phasma login reward meant a legendary event for FO was coming and the most likely acquire from that would be BB-8 - if you didn't have the FO toons you needed and didn't start moving on that speculation, you almost certainly missed 7* on BB-8 and might very well have missed unlocking him at all on account of FOST and FOTP being time-constrained farms.

People who didn't react to the speculation on CLS also ran into painful torques on the farm. CG has created a critical relationship with speculation by how they've been releasing info on upcoming content.

Anyone remember how General Grievous was required for the Legendary Mother Talzin event? People were 100% certain. How did that work out for everyone?

That's different. We didnt even know what type of event MT was going to have. We know Rey will have a heroes journey so we have have a previous event to go off of.

You are making my point for me. How can people be 100% certain about something and then be wrong on the kind of event it turns out to be.
    I'm not saying Vets are not needed for Rey, but just be careful of people who are certain about things not announced or have "insider information"

No, I'm saying the GG for MT theory was more misguided because we didnt know the type of event MT would have. We DO know the type of event Rey will have which gives this speculation a little more credibility. Is it still just speculation? Yes. But youd be lying to yourself if you still think theres a good chance they wont be needed.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    So many threads:

Rey, Finn, BB8, Vet Han, Vet Chewie

This makes the most sense.
  • It’s really not hard to guess this one.

They said Rey event is in December. Movie comes out Dec. 15, so the event very likely launches on that date or close to that.

If you haven’t acquired any additional Vet shards yet, it will take 50 days to get both to 7 stars if you refresh cantina energy 3 times a day.

So the only way to get both to 7 stars by Dec. 15 or so is to use a boat load of crystals for Cantina refreshes or to buy shards in shipments.

In other words, F2P players will not be able to get Rey this time around. If you want her, it will cost you $$$
  • It is possible that today when they do update and vets become farmable, they will announce who is needed
  • It's also quite possible you won't need the vets at 7*. The CLS event had some tiers that didn't require 7* heroes. I could see the last phase being 7* Rey & Finn vs. Kylo, so the second last tier could require only 6* vets. There's no harm in starting to farm the vets once they appear, I just wouldn't go nuts with buying refreshes to 7* them until we have a better idea how they fit in to Rey's Journey (if at all).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Sure, I don't disagree.

However, speculation has unfortunately become a pretty major part of how you have to play this game if you want to get the windfall of the events.

So when people initially speculated that the Phasma login reward meant a legendary event for FO was coming and the most likely acquire from that would be BB-8 - if you didn't have the FO toons you needed and didn't start moving on that speculation, you almost certainly missed 7* on BB-8 and might very well have missed unlocking him at all on account of FOST and FOTP being time-constrained farms.

People who didn't react to the speculation on CLS also ran into painful torques on the farm. CG has created a critical relationship with speculation by how they've been releasing info on upcoming content.

Anyone remember how General Grievous was required for the Legendary Mother Talzin event? People were 100% certain. How did that work out for everyone?

That's different. We didnt even know what type of event MT was going to have. We know Rey will have a heroes journey so we have have a previous event to go off of.

You are making my point for me. How can people be 100% certain about something and then be wrong on the kind of event it turns out to be.
    I'm not saying Vets are not needed for Rey, but just be careful of people who are certain about things not announced or have "insider information"

No, I'm saying the GG for MT theory was more misguided because we didnt know the type of event MT would have. We DO know the type of event Rey will have which gives this speculation a little more credibility. Is it still just speculation? Yes. But youd be lying to yourself if you still think theres a good chance they wont be needed.

True we do know the type of event but seeing as there has only been 1 other Hero's Journey it's all speculation. Rey's Hero Journey may only require 5* characters and unlock at 5*. I could be wrong but I doubt CG is gonna put Rey on the same Pedestal as Luke Skywalker. Now if they do this one the same as Luke's then we'll all know in the future as a pattern will have been set.
  • If they learned from the backlash of CLS event, requiring only the most important toon or toons at 7* makes sense in terms of story progression. 5* vet han, bb8. 6* vet chewie. 7* rey and finn.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    it's not confirmed. Likely, but not confirmed.

Also I'm just happy to start farming them even if it ends up I don't get Rey. They are great toons.
    SHARD SHUFFLE
    The following Characters are now available in the following areas:
    Smuggler Chewbacca - Cantina 8-F
    Smuggler Han - Cantina 8-G
    Mother Talzin- Chromium Packs
    Not talking about the farm. He said required for Rey.

• Orcsbane13 wrote: »
    Sure, I don't disagree.

True we do know the type of event but seeing as there has only been 1 other Hero's Journey it's all speculation. Rey's Hero Journey may only require 5* characters and unlock at 5*. I could be wrong but I doubt CG is gonna put Rey on the same Pedestal as Luke Skywalker. Now if they do this one the same as Luke's then we'll all know in the future as a pattern will have been set.

I would argue that CG has been pretty consistent with event requirements. Marguee events can use anyone. All legendary events unlock at 5* and need 5* characters for 5*, 6* characters for 6* etc. So its reasonable to assume that heroes journey events will also be similar. If the requirements are less strict, great! I'll be happy to be wrong. But why not prepare yourself for the worst?
  • Gwonk wrote: »
    Sure, I don't disagree.

They completely refuted your point. That was some rumor based of less info than we have for this event. More info = better ideas for requirements
  • kalidor wrote: »
    It's also quite possible you won't need the vets at 7*. The CLS event had some tiers that didn't require 7* heroes. I could see the last phase being 7* Rey & Finn vs. Kylo, so the second last tier could require only 6* vets. There's no harm in starting to farm the vets once they appear, I just wouldn't go nuts with buying refreshes to 7* them until we have a better idea how they fit in to Rey's Journey (if at all).
    You had to have 7* all five characters to finish the event.
  • kalidor wrote: »
    It's also quite possible you won't need the vets at 7*. The CLS event had some tiers that didn't require 7* heroes. I could see the last phase being 7* Rey & Finn vs. Kylo, so the second last tier could require only 6* vets. There's no harm in starting to farm the vets once they appear, I just wouldn't go nuts with buying refreshes to 7* them until we have a better idea how they fit in to Rey's Journey (if at all).
    You had to have 7* all five characters to finish the event.

That's true of the CLS event. We simply don't know if it's true of Rey's event.
  • ^ It would be nice. I was just commenting on your statement about CLS event not using 7* the whole way. yes that was possible but didn't matter in the end since it was a 7/7 unlock. Hopefully rey is different.
  • Hegotgame42
    56 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Ok, I still haven't got my update. I demand 10 chewie shards.

They ought to include 10 vet Chewie shards, would be useful for most and show a sense of humor
  • Absolutely no one should complain at all when it comes to the vets being required, we have seen this before with CLS. CG has provided hints and every indication is that they will be needed for the new Rey, none of us are entitled to any character in this game, instead start preparing to farm them and hope for the best.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    TW matchmaking really needs to account for all this or else casual guilds will be pitted against guilds that are favored to win (abuse matchmaker by arranging who ques for TW in a way that lowers the GP to mask that their rosters are primarily meta g11/12 toons against the ad hoc rosters of casual guilds; I'm sure someone will number crunch the ratio of weakest guildies to strongest guildies that a chives this).

It does. You can't mask your GP or roster. What you put in cannot be remodded or adjusted when you go from preview to play phase. Matchmaking occurs in that transition.
    @Captain_Apollo
  • Ok, I still haven't got my update. I demand 10 chewie shards.

They ought to include 10 vet Chewie shards, would be useful for most and show a sense of humor

10 useless Clone Wars Chewie would be way more funnier.
  • Sure am glad someone made another thread.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • And they’re not even farmable yet and even for whales hard to achieve within a month?
  • Give us 10 Chewie shards, watch the internet light on fire, then send the real gift an hour later.
  • echo
  • ^ It would be nice. I was just commenting on your statement about CLS event not using 7* the whole way. yes that was possible but didn't matter in the end since it was a 7/7 unlock. Hopefully rey is different.

I do hope so as well, otherwise the vast majority of the playerbase won't be able to finish the Rey event, which will result in a pretty big backlash (given forum history). Having a fail of an event like that is something EA really doesn't need at the moment.

• capifico22 wrote: »
    Give us 10 Chewie shards, watch the internet light on fire, then send the real gift an hour later.

That's what I would do, but I'm a ********************
  • The complaint is them not being available to farm. Not just that they're required. Shipments for 80 crystals a shard does not constitute farmable and we couldn't really prepare for them being required.