Locked teams?

Just a quick question, are teams locked from when you register for TW or do they lock once the registration period ends?

many thanks

Replies

• Kakakawakaka
    56 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I asked the same thing in the main thread but it was buried under all the complaints.
    Let's see if they answer it here.
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Hiya!
    Characters are locked once you assign them to a territory.

Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Hiya!

Does this include mods? So once i place a team on defence i can take the mods off and use them on an offensive team and the mods will still be on my defence team as well?
  • Kakakawakaka
    56 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Thanks @CG_Kozispoon

Wow that sounds like it could be exploited!!!
  • No, unless they changed it from the beta, all characters are locked once character lock hits. Anything you do to any character after that point doesn't affect TW. Moving mods from one character to another just means the mods stay on the original character for TW. Character lock is global across the whole roster, and it happens for everyone at the same time, not when you happen to decide to put a team in. It happens at the end of the signup period, I believe, if it's still what it was in the beta.
  • Kakakawakaka
    56 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    That is not what she said though!

I was in the beta as well...but I did not test this.

Hiya!

• But are characters locked when you join or when the Territory Wars start. For I have noticed that when I upgrade a character, the guilds Activate GP hasn't changed until I left the TW and rejoined. So do we need to leave and rejoin before the TW starts to make sure our rosters are up to date?

@CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs
  • Good point!

My guild now has 90M total PG but in the TW we have 49 participants and only 86M. Wonder if that gets updated when we go into defense mode or if we are stuck with lower tier rewards (which PG will be used for finding a opposing guild?)
    Should we all leave the TW and rejoin it to update PG?

Thanks in advance to @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs for bearing with us.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Zaraos wrote: »
    Hiya!

Does this include mods? So once i place a team on defence i can take the mods off and use them on an offensive team and the mods will still be on my defence team as well?

I seem to remember (but may be wrong) that once you assigned a character to a territory, the remove mod button got locked as well to prevent that
  • Varlie wrote: »
    Zaraos wrote: »
    Hiya!

I seem to remember (but may be wrong) that once you assigned a character to a territory, the remove mod button got locked as well to prevent that

I never checked that on the beta, just assumed moving the mods would be futile as it clones a copy of your chars for TW once it starts. I really hope we can move mods as that is the major problem for a lot of people. being able to mod a lot of characters decently is hard