Revealed: Wampa, Colonel Starck and Imperial Probe Droid

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ebbda wrote: »
    Great the dark side is getting some tlc :)

I for one think survivability is key to getting to the later phases. Seems dark side is pro damage but they'll only last so long without viable cleanser/healer. The light side has some decent options there, yet we await one that can rival Barriss, Rex and CHS, etc. Fingers crossed we get a couple very soon.

That's the problem with DS. They are not so much into healing eachother.

Palpatine was pretty interested in saving Anakin - "sensing Darth Vader was in danger" then flying himself all the way to Mustafar to retrieve/save Vader - finding a cripple and burnt Vader - "healing him" while sending clone/storm troopers for a medical capsule, then flying him back to Coruscant to an emergency medical facility, where he is fully healed and restored into a life support suite.

That is way more healing we have ever seen in regard tot he light side characters.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Viserys wrote: »
    Gwonk wrote: »
    Why is Wampa DS?
    That is like saying a lion is dark side cause he ate a zebra.

It's just the circle of life, simba...

There are only 2 choices. Do you think Light Side is more appropriate? ;)

Generally only characters who actively pursue justice or 'goodness' fall into the LS faction in this game. That's why most of the neutral / scoundrelly characters are dark side, even if they're not actively evil

That is a thin, and arbitrary line. The planets that sided with the republic did so mainly because of political reasons.
    Clones, ewok, jawa, even rebels fight for themselves, not for a greater good.
    The jedi at their most powerful , were a weapon of the dark side. Ask Barris. Light does not equal good.

Go tell your wife / grilfriend you want to be good and do not want to get too attached to her, cause attachment leads to jealousy. See how that will work out for you.

hahahahah - too true! lol
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I for one am disappointed in these new toons - save and except Probe Droid - this game needs more droids and a probe droid (especially after TBs) is an obvious choice.

C. Starck - I am a huge star wars fan, I've never heard of this dude. While there are other toons more important to be added to the game (Jango, Revan, Padme etc.) I understand that such iconic toons will be released via special events and they cfan release every important character right away - look how long it took for CLS and we don't even have Jedi Luke yet!

So release a mediocre toon, needed for Empire - so go with ATST driver or Scout Trooper - they are already in the game and are more iconic than Starck!!!

As for the Wampa - DS, seriously. That's like calling a bear evil. I would much rather see toons of this kind of calibur, such as Jabba the Hutt to bolster DS & Scoundrels. But a creature yes that's the word I am going for CREATURE is a little disappointing. Let alone this creature's strength is more powerful than any sith lord or jedi in the game. This toon just doesn't make any sense.
  • Boo wrote: »
    This toon just doesn't make any sense.

I think it makes sense in that- it's a bit of fun...and this is a game.

Maybe...

• Oh and some bears are evil lol.

You know, like really, really evil ones ;)
  • ......Go tell your wife / grilfriend you want to be good and do not want to get too attached to her, cause attachment leads to jealousy. See how that will work out for you.
    The best defence (or protection, HA!) is not to put yourself in those situations in the first place.

Especially in this day and age.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • So, an Officer, a Droid , and a Wampa walk into a bar....
  • I've been chatting with my guild mates and trying to gage their thoughts on the new toons and DSTB. Seems very few are keen to farm the mission toons needed due to other game priorities. There's tons to do, so each to their own :smiley:

I asked in our line chat if Jango, Revan and Plaguis (three toons desperately wanted by many) were on offer, would they reconsider. Pretty much a resounding yes. The trio we'll receive aren't terrible. The issue is none seem meta changing in any way. Most run light side in arena and their focus remains on them, New Rey, BB-8 etc. With the imminent vet duo panic farms, I fear DSTB will become a damp squib.

How does everyone's guilds see the DSTB? Dark side needs more quality, not quantity.
  • Her special would be her morphing to 1 of the 5 characters and copying the skill set that would be sick.
  • Nice to see Colonel starck will be farmable straight away, thanks for that
  • Can IPD be resurrected after its suicide move?
  • Ebbda wrote: »
    I've been chatting with my guild mates and trying to gage their thoughts on the new toons and DSTB. Seems very few are keen to farm the mission toons needed due to other game priorities. There's tons to do, so each to their own :smiley:

I asked in our line chat if Jango, Revan and Plaguis (three toons desperately wanted by many) were on offer, would they reconsider. Pretty much a resounding yes. The trio we'll receive aren't terrible. The issue is none seem meta changing in any way. Most run light side in arena and their focus remains on them, New Rey, BB-8 etc. With the imminent vet duo panic farms, I fear DSTB will become a damp squib.

How does everyone's guilds see the DSTB? Dark side needs more quality, not quantity.

45* or bust IMO. More stars more rewards, better guild. There is no try.

Don't have a problem with the three new snow weirdos, makes sense to add more evil hoth characters to a evil hoth themed event. Could be any three odd balls just go move the event along.

TBH, Hoth Han and Hoth Leia all seem pretty generic and useless outside of TB and perhaps unlocking Jedi Luke. Hilarious you mention quality / quantity when we have 4 Han Solos in lightside.
  • Psilosin wrote: »
    Can IPD be resurrected after its suicide move?
    @Psilosin : the description of "Self-Destruct" says it can't be Revived. :)
    That would have been beyond OP if it could. :D

@russian bears
    https://theguardian.com/world/2008/jul/24/russia.wildlife
  • Salacious_B_Crumb
    144 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Why haven't you been fired yet Kozispoon? You suck at your job and your community hates you!
  • IAMGROOT1
    33 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @CG_Kozispoon you guys should really take a look at tuning down the difficulty on DS Territory battles, very few people in my 100 mil GP guild can complete the CMs in the first phase. That's ridiculous and needs to be rectified ASAP... for real

Like a manbearpig.
  • IAMGROOT1 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon you guys should really take a look at tuning down the difficulty on DS Territory battles, very few people in my 100 mil GP guild can complete the CMs in the first phase. That's ridiculous and needs to be rectified ASAP... for real

Please no...

DS Difficult is right, sorry for your Guild (my has the same problem) but its because most players invested more or less all ressources for LS - it was clear that both Sides get a TB (and it was only CGs LS friendly move to start with LS, because we all knew that Hoth was an empire victory).

We already discussed it at our empire discord and its easy for most of us to get 12/12.

It will be interesting to see the balancing for bounty hunter mission because the dont have a tank and besides boba cant grind out battles well.

I clearly hope DS TB stay difficult because Players need to invest into DS instead of "oh no i have a bunch of meta LS chars but have problems with DS TB, nerf it please".... sorry i have no CLS, zHan, Wiggs, Chaze, Clones or Resistance and cant complete all LS missions, i am fine with it because i simply chose other factions/characters for the game.

Yes we can discuss that CG designed a lot of good/godly LS characters, but at the end the player decide which character/fraction he builds up and you cant win every game mode with rebels only ;)

• + a very high number :smile:

Less options numerically for DS, plus bar Talzin, Thrawn and Nihilus, no other meta challenging DS toon. I'm sure this will be addressed by the devs as it's an issue for the vast majority. Levelling the playing field will in the future mean diversity and less Wiggs, Chaze and R2 squads littering my shard. Can't blame people for farming the best toons, but a dark side equivalent of sorts for these and the more favoured LS toons would certainly make a difference :smile:
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I won't read all the comments so please forgive me if someone already said it.

Well then, we're getting the wampa, an unknown imperial officer and an imperial probe. What the? Are you serious? Will the next character be the "money asking hand (coruscant)"? The star wars universe is dense with well known characters that are not in the game. I mean, Ki-Adi Mundi? Jocasta Nu? Jango Fett? Bossk? Aphra?
    000 and BT? Some rework of the poor fella Windu? A whole bunch of old Republic characters? I know that the game's target is probably not that into sw and that many people only know the movie characters, but many of us would be very happy to see some toon appearing in the game. The wampa and the probe were kinda ridiculous. You made two characters only to make the DS tb harder. They have no further reason to be. They appeared for like 2 minutes in the movies.
  • I'm still upset there isn't already a fifth Han so I can have a full Han Solo team.

General Han Solo anyone?
  • Drazhar wrote: »
    I won't read all the comments so please forgive me if someone already said it.

Well then, we're getting the wampa, an unknown imperial officer and an imperial probe. What the? Are you serious? Will the next character be the "money asking hand (coruscant)"? The star wars universe is dense with well known characters that are not in the game. I mean, Ki-Adi Mundi? Jocasta Nu? Jango Fett? Bossk? Aphra?
    000 and BT? Some rework of the poor fella Windu? A whole bunch of old Republic characters? I know that the game's target is probably not that into sw and that many people only know the movie characters, but many of us would be very happy to see some toon appearing in the game. The wampa and the probe were kinda ridiculous. You made two characters only to make the DS tb harder. They have no further reason to be. They appeared for like 2 minutes in the movies.

Ki Adi Mundi and Jango are the only ones you listed who got more screen time than the Wampa or Probe Droid. A rather weird list, considering you said "well known" first.

I can agree with your sentiment however. Mundi, Jango, Jar Jar, Padme, Hux, Bail Organa... All major screen time characters that aren't in game.
  • What about the new first order toons, when can i start farm them from the shops?
  • Chagoth wrote: »
    I'm still upset there isn't already a fifth Han so I can have a full Han Solo team.
    General Han Solo anyone?

I'm upset that people are STILL making multiple Han Solo toon jokes like they're the first one to make them.

• ^ That.
  • Chagoth wrote: »
    I'm still upset there isn't already a fifth Han so I can have a full Han Solo team.

General Han Solo anyone?

There is a solo Solo film due next year. I'm sure we'll get one or two for that.
  • Interesting, all the uproar about the Wampa. Seems to me it is pretty much exactly like the tuskans, and nobody really gets upset about them being dark side.
    Just a thought...