Char minimum for thrawn?

https://swgoh.gg/u/flashfighters/collection/?f=phoenix

I know this is not enough, but which gear lvl should my phoenix squad have?

Replies

• Gawejn
    1103 posts Member
    Minimum 8. All uniques maxed.
  • With zeta?
  • Zetas NOT required, g8 min, good mods, omega uniques and a little patience will take care of it
  • Ok :) so if i take ezra to g9 and leave the others g8 it should be enough right? What about mods tho?
  • I'd also like to know if Sabrina or Chopper is better for this event. From other threads seems to be Chopper due to the health regen/survivability, but a good case for Sabrina with the shred and extra DPS. I'm getting both ready anyway
  • Chopper, because you want your chars to survive. 1) they gain really much health and protection
    2) he has a taunt
    Dead chars dont do damage with sabine ;)
  • I did it with 7*, G8, lvl 80, but had to use really good mods. Chopper is better imho. Another guild member tried the same with sabine, but failed. Pushing them to G9 requires all the nice ressources you might want to give to thrawn. Still an annoyingly hard battle, don't smash your phone.
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • Did u use chopper or sabine?
  • I ran Sabine, mods wise put as much speed and damage on Ezra, Sabine and Hera as possible and protection & health on Kanan and Zeb at the expense of speed - I tried 100 times with all speed maxed and won on my first time after the swap around.
    All G8 lv85.
  • Ok :)
  • Make no mistake: If you take Ezra to G9 and leave the rest at G8, you're going to get a tough fight. I know many people say that they did it with G8 only. Some had to try more than 200 times before RNG was in their favour.

So, to answer your question about if G8 is enough, I'll ask you this:
    Will you regret it, if you leave your Phoenix at G8 and then fail to complete the event next time?

If yes, then perhaps you should aim for G9/G10 instead.
    If no, by all means sit back and fingers crossed.

BTW - do not underestimate the importance of good mods. You will need it.
    So make sure to allocated time and ressources to farm a little mods.
  • I dont have a problem with trying 100 times - had the same problem with the chimera
  • Dooly66
    6 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Well ****, I'm no where near ready if this is the minimum. :'(
    Still working on my PS! https://swgoh.gg/u/dooly66/
    Post edited by Dooly66 on
  • And about g9/g10 on phoenix.... i dont even have a full g9 geam yet xD
  • Dooly66 wrote: »
    Well ****, I'm no where near ready if this is the minimum. :'(
    Still working on my PS! https://swgoh.gg/u/dooly66/

Keep calm and grind on.
    You'll get there!
    Chin up :smile:
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    Make no mistake: If you take Ezra to G9 and leave the rest at G8, you're going to get a tough fight. I know many people say that they did it with G8 only. Some had to try more than 200 times before RNG was in their favour.

So, to answer your question about if G8 is enough, I'll ask you this:
    Will you regret it, if you leave your Phoenix at G8 and then fail to complete the event next time?

If yes, then perhaps you should aim for G9/G10 instead.
    If no, by all means sit back and fingers crossed.

BTW - do not underestimate the importance of good mods. You will need it.
    So make sure to allocated time and ressources to farm a little mods.
    I dont really know if i want to take them to g9 because the cls event is coming back in december and i dont know if i‘m ready for it yet
  • Gawejn
    1103 posts Member
    G8 is enough, chopper or Sabine doesnt matter. They say it is more easy with Chopper. But can be done with Sabine. Hera Ezra Sabine needs good speed, protection on cross, crit dmg triangle. Zeb needs potency a lot. Kannan speed protection. Uniques maxed. Skills lvl7. That is all what you need. Follow the strategy. Good speed means 210-220. That was my setup. i need only one try to 7* Thrawn.
  • G8 and 9. I used sabine and no ezra. Just made sabine super fast and arena mods on the rest. Took a few tries, but came down to kill order. Once i found that on a thread here it was simple.
  • I have them all G8 with okish mods ,I do NOT have chopper but I have sabine instead,There is no time to farm chopper as I thought at the time that sabine was the better choice(apparently not)

Is it still doable for me?
  • newbornFL wrote: »
    I have them all G8 with okish mods ,I do NOT have chopper but I have sabine instead,There is no time to farm chopper as I thought at the time that sabine was the better choice(apparently not)

Is it still doable for me?

Depending on how fast you can make Phoenix, it is doable, it's not easy, but it is doable. Many folks I know got thrawn with Sabine over chopper,
  • RevanComingSoon
    333 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    To give you an idea how hard I failed 7 star with:
    G11 Ezra level 80 maxed abilities
    G8 Hera level 76 level 7 abilities
    G9 Sabine level 79 level 7 abilities
    G8 Zeb level 79 level 6 abilities
    G8 Kanan level 79 level 6 abilities

All with my arena mods (all 5 star level 15 and around +70 speed per character)

(I reached level 80 just before the event ended)

6 star was pretty easy though.

I played 7 star about 50 times before giving up. Those first 3 waves take a lot of time so if someone did 200 retries for real that would be very very time consuming
  • To give you an idea how hard I failed 7 star with:

I played 7 star about 50 times before giving up. Those first 3 waves take a lot of time so if someone did 200 retries for real that would be very very time consuming
    I did this with same squad all g8. Maybe it was 35 times to do it. And it took so much time couse my first strategy was to have more prot/ health. After changing to speed i made it on first try. It is not hard for higher gear. Depends on strategy. Winning was using Zeb ( 70%potency) to daze stun Thrawn. Thats the key. Otherwise he counters and kill all team couse he does a lot of dmg. The difference in my team was lvl 85 and skills maxed. No zetas.
  • Gawejn wrote: »
    To give you an idea how hard I failed 7 star with:

I did this with same squad all g8. Maybe it was 35 times to do it. And it took so much time couse my first strategy was to have more prot/ health. After changing to speed i made it on first try. It is not hard for higher gear. Depends on strategy. Winning was using Zeb ( 70%potency) to daze stun Thrawn. Thats the key. Otherwise he counters and kill all team couse he does a lot of dmg. The difference in my team was lvl 85 and skills maxed. No zetas.

Same for me...speed made diff especially on sabine (no ezra) all g8/9. Once i found the kill order it was fairly easy.
  • Th3Ch40t1C
    147 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Lol i had all g8 except ezra g9. I tried 10 times, didnt make it and then put a zeta on kanan. Ezpz first try xD
  • Did it in ten tries with gear 8 toons except ezra gear 9 all toons omega abilities used health and protection mods . Finish with three toons
  • Didnt have all on omega, so yea.... also zeta on kanan is also good for TB and hAAT p1, so it is not a complete waste