Territory Battles: Imperial Retaliation: Vertical Slices 1-3 Platoon Requirements

2Next

Replies

• Vertical slice = a strip of territories running straight up and down. How freaking hard is that to understand? Come on.

They shifted from using “phases” when talking about Platoons because certain characters are blocked from Platoons but those restrictions apply to a vertical slice of the map. For example, Phoenix isn’t in Platoons for a certain vertical slice of the map because they are required for a mission. But a guild could need Phoenix for Platoons during the “phase” because they also have the prior vertical slice open from not completing it and that one will have Phoenix in its Platoons. So they aren’t restricting Phoenix or Rogue One by “Phase” because some people do territories out of order....they are restricting them from Platoons only on that vertical slice of the map where they are needed for a mission.
  • I may be dumb, but who is Magnaguard?
  • Anariodin wrote: »
    I may be dumb, but who is Magnaguard?

IG100
  • Can we get totals of every unit required (I.e. phase 3, 6 Darth Mauls) somewhere?

Its a work in progress, but you can see it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F9iglT2Uxfrr02aUlwT8ACbWar3yP_7c6yADo1OiW_w/edit?usp=sharing

• Faydark wrote: »
    The ingame messaging (and most discussion around TBs) uses the term "Phase" to describe what has recently been called "Vertical Slice"/"Vertical Strip". Could CG please stick to the ingame terms to avoid confusion? Thanks.

No they do not. Each Phase represents a period of time which can contain territories NOT in one vertical strip/slice of the map. In one phase I can be doing territories from up to 3 different vertical slices at one time.

Hence they use different terminology EXACTLY to prevent the confusion that would ensue if they simply used the term phase (as that is not what they are talking about).
  • Can we get totals of every unit required (I.e. phase 3, 6 Darth Mauls) somewhere?

Its a work in progress, but you can see it here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1F9iglT2Uxfrr02aUlwT8ACbWar3yP_7c6yADo1OiW_w/edit?usp=sharing

@TroelsVastrup
    Nice start on the sheet. Thanks for doing this.
    I know it is work in progress, so you may already have noted these things:
    It is a little confusing how some of the totals just list a character, without a number next to it. (But apparently that means 1 of that character - e.g. tuskans in slice 1), But other places it gives the character with a 1 next to it (e.g. Mob Enforcer).
    Also Geo Soldier is listed twice in totals for slice 1.
    Savage is listed twice in slice 2.

• CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Yes please stop with this vertical slices stuff. "Phase" is perfect.

Heya @Darth_Ouchilus

Unfortunately Phase is a temporal (time based) measurement. Usually 24 hours. While we're trying to describe map oriented objects and areas on the map. Hence, sometimes there being confusion.

Consider, in Phase 1, a guild only finishes the top Territory. Then Phase 2, the guild would have a territory in column 1 and column 2 but still be in Phase 2. :frowning:

We'll get it straitened out tho.

Cheers!

I'm quite sure every guild out there can at least 1* each territory.

Heya @Darth_Ouchilus

Unfortunately Phase is a temporal (time based) measurement. Usually 24 hours. While we're trying to describe map oriented objects and areas on the map. Hence, sometimes there being confusion.

Consider, in Phase 1, a guild only finishes the top Territory. Then Phase 2, the guild would have a territory in column 1 and column 2 but still be in Phase 2. :frowning:

Cheers!

My guild 1* 2 territories in phase 5 in one day for the first time this last territory battle.

Far more guilds can not 1* every territory than can
  • @CG_RyDiggs Phase 3 platoons do not match your pre set..
  • And we got Cad Baine there, who is required in Battle mission as a Bounty hunter. lol
  • blurpzz
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    hi. The image version is ok, but the text version can't be read : "discussion not found".
    The text version is just what any TB officer is looking for.
    Could you communicate it , please.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

Heya @Darth_Ouchilus

Cheers!

My guild 1* 2 territories in phase 5 in one day for the first time this last territory battle.

Far more guilds can not 1* every territory than can

Correct. The guild I am in will be incredibly lucky to 1* everything.
  • I'd like a vertical slice of that phase pie please.
  • Please, fix links in OP, thanks!!!
    RyDiggs, can you give us the excel spreadsheet you're obviously using, or at least put the data in html tables that we can copy/paste from?

Doing it :)

And done! Please see our post from our handy dandy mods <<HERE>>

This is a bad joke. Still waiting for a simple text file...
  • Yes, I would appreciate this information in a digestible format so I don't have to spend 15 minutes typing out 270 character names every day and trying to distinguish between geonosian spy and soldier ships.
  • Most of our platoons past phase 3 were new nightsister and first order toons. Not even farmable yet they expect 5-7*
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    Most of our platoons past phase 3 were new nightsister and first order toons. Not even farmable yet they expect 5-7*

No, they expect you to not be able to do it, at first. Now they have given you one more obstacle to overcome. It would not be fun if you could 3* every phase on the first try. You're welcome.
  • First Order and Resistance Faction Packs
    We’ve turned on First Order and Resistance Faction Packs for those players that wish to make progress on leveraging the Territory War bonuses.

What's Ahead
    Turning on new bonuses just before you max FO & Resistance ones
  • @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs: will the TP awarded for platoons and squadrons be altered? Currently (for second DS TB) the fifth and sixth platoons and squadrons are worth more points in P1-2, and in air only for P4-6.
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    Before I read this thread I knew what phase and platoon 1, 2, etc meant. Now I am so confused. How are the terminology between the devs and actual players completely different? Never seen a game like this before with such a disconnect, it's like we are speaking different languages sometimes.

I'm with you @warmonkey. Phase doesn't have to have a temporal connotation. It's a step in a progression. Also, it can just mean "aspect" or "part." Here, should not phases progress with completion, not time? So if a Territory in phase 1 is unfinished, they're still in phase 1 when Phase 2 opens. They can progress to phase 2 once the territory in question has completed the phase 1 step.

But whatever. Star Wars: Galaxy of Vertical Slices it is, if CG insists.

I believe each phase is basically 24 hours, which, if you complete all unlocked territories to 1*, will lead to unlocking the next whole vertical slice of territories.
    Everything gets confusing once a territory cannot be completed: 24 hours is the key to the definition of a phase, and nothing else. It's used basically to mark how much time the whole TB has before ending no matter where you are. So even if you fail to complete a territory, you still move into the next phase, and have to repeat this piece again.
    Which brings us to the point of "vertical slices": special mission requirements will not impinge on platoons *within the same vertical slice* - but any previous uncompleted territories do not apply to this scenario and may have conflicts.
    ...Basically, if you get a star every territory on the same day you unlock it, phase = vertical slice. If not, well ... Just remember that phases are the most constant measurement. No matter what you do, we all progress down the phases at the same pace.
  • It's funny, I usually refer to recurring 24-hr intervals as "days" but what do I know.
  • Ships appear to have been changed for Phase 3 today. Here is the list for those who care:
    Ahsoka Tano's Jedi Starfighter
    Biggs Darklighter's X-wing
    Rex's ARC-170
    Poe Dameron's X-wing
    Umbaran Starfighter
    First Order TIE Fighter
    Geonosian Soldier's Starfighter
    Imperial TIE Fighter
    Gauntlet Starfighter
    Scimitar
    First Order TIE Fighter
    Scimitar
    Slave I
    Gauntlet Starfighter
    Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle
    Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter
    First Order TIE Fighter
    Umbaran Starfighter
    Clone Sergeant's ARC-170
    Scimitar
    Biggs Darklighter's X-wing
    Rex's ARC-170
    Poe Dameron's X-wing
    Umbaran Starfighter
    Cassian's U-wing
    Rex's ARC-170
    Wedge Antilles's X-wing
    Poe Dameron's X-wing
    First Order TIE Fighter
    Scimitar
    Slave I
    Gauntlet Starfighter
    Bistan's U-wing
    Clone Sergeant's ARC-170
    Wedge Antilles's X-wing
    Jedi Consular's Starfighter
    Resistance X-wing
    Geonosian Spy's Starfighter
    Umbaran Starfighter
    Poe Dameron's X-wing
    Ghost
    Phantom II
    Slave I
    Gauntlet Starfighter
    Imperial TIE Fighter
    TIE Reaper
    First Order TIE Fighter
    Bistan's U-wing
    Rex's ARC-170
    Wedge Antilles's X-wing
    First Order TIE Fighter
    Imperial TIE Fighter
    Gauntlet Starfighter
    Scimitar
    Cassian's U-wing
    Rex's ARC-170
    Wedge Antilles's X-wing
    Poe Dameron's X-wing
    Gauntlet Starfighter
    Imperial TIE Fighter
    TIE Reaper
    First Order TIE Fighter
    TIE Advanced x1
    TIE Reaper
    Slave I
    Scimitar
    Ghost
    Millennium Falcon (Ep VII)
    Phantom II
    Bistan's U-wing
    Cassian's U-wing
    Phantom II
    TIE Reaper
    Ghost
    Millennium Falcon (Ep VII)
    TIE Advanced x1
  • "No new characters will be in the platoons." I guess Ebon Hawk is old news and everyone has it 7* already - right? SMH
  • AceCV
    993 posts Member
    IPD on p6 fixed platoons... when it is a REQUIRED unit for special mission ?!?

Seems strange... so, just to avoide a new Hoth Rebel Soldier situation but now on the upper level guilds...devs take a look at it BEFORE the start of the new DS TB.