Galactic War... Thank you!

Prev1
For real, GW is part of my waking up process. I no longer have to wake up early to make sure it's done. Please don't change it back like last time it got changed. This is a major time saver. Love it.
Meanwhile, down on the farm....

Replies

• Please give us the option to choose difficulty. It's not fun being this easy.
  • additional hard Node would be great
  • +1
    I miss the challenge already and it's only day two.
  • Love new GW. There's no challenge to facing CLS or GK / Barriss for the 500th time in 3 months. That's just tedious. There's new content that 20+ minutes is needed for.
  • JoseIrimia
    446 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    GW was the only fun part of the game after 2 years. Now is a joke.
    Please, could we have a challenge without being frustrating or too time consuming?
    The main problem, imho, it had was not the difficulty per se. Was the repetitive toons.
    A possible solution would have been that every toon could only show up once. Have variety of teams across all nodes: current cls meta, clones, ns, veers and troopers...
    In an increasingly difficult fashion.
  • New GW is super. Thank you CG!
  • New GW is boring. But at least it can be done faster.
  • Teague wrote: »
    Please give us the option to choose difficulty. It's not fun being this easy.

Minority
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Karfax wrote: »
    Fürkész wrote: »
    New GW is boring. But at least it can be done faster.

Minority

A minority of players fund this game so the majority can play free. Who do you think they should listen to?
  • Facing the same teams over and over was a challenge? I found it to be annoying as hell. At least this way its faster and once TW starts and having two TBs it will allow some time savings for us all.
  • When you get 4 CLS meta teams it's not fun, it's not experimental, it's tedious, time consuming and a general pain in the rear.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Karfax wrote: »

Minority

pretty sure you meant majority.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    They might aswell make GW sim-able.
    The new difficulty may be a time-saver, but it turned gw into a waste of time in the process. Not that much of a time saver for me personally tbh, but i can understand that others who were struggling before can now complete GW much faster.
    It's like challenges pre-sim button now, super duper boring, yet you still have to auto 12 nodes each day.
  • Karfax wrote: »

Minority

Just cause you aren't good enough to handle decent teams doesn't mean you are the majority
  • Hoghren
    11 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The new GW is great, no more boring G12 CLS teams on my last 6 nodes!

If you're looking for a challenge, go play the Dark Side Territory Battles :D
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Hoghren wrote: »
    The new GW is great, no more boring G12 CLS teams on my last 6 nodes!

If you're looking for a challenge, go play the Dark Side Territory Battles :D

Well, if you're looking for easy content you could also play cantina stage 1 manually...
  • Fürkész wrote: »

I agree with this.

Before it was time consuming. But at least it was challenging. And engaging. It made you think about your opponent and how to approach the battle in a way no other aspect of the game does. It definitely wasn't perfect and could be too hard at times. Tweaking the difficulty, especially on nodes 6 and 9, seemed like a no brainer.

Now it takes me 10 minutes to auto it. That feels like a waste of my time. I can't even test out different teams because the opponent's are so underpowered it doesn't give me a good idea of how my team performs. So it's not even good as a sandbox anymore.

Just my 2¢.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    jhbuchholz wrote: »

I agree with this.

Before it was time consuming. But at least it was challenging. And engaging. It made you think about your opponent and how to approach the battle in a way no other aspect of the game does. It definitely wasn't perfect and could be too hard at times. Tweaking the difficulty, especially on nodes 6 and 9, seemed like a no brainer.

Now it takes me 10 minutes to auto it. That feels like a waste of my time. I can't even test out different teams because the opponent's are so underpowered it doesn't give me a good idea of how my team performs. So it's not even good as a sandbox anymore.

Just my 2¢.
    GW was meant to test your whole roster... They had it set up where 95 toons would be killed without taking a single turn... thats comin in with full TM too.

There is no challenge just abuse people hated it. It NEEDED this period. There is no challenge when no setup, no AI manipulation, no suiciding, no anything lets you even DAMAGE one of their characters. Boo hoo for the whales. Remember when everyone leaves because nothing can be beat even with progression you'll have no one to show off that 50,000 dollar roster too.

The bottom line is there is a difference a major difference between difficult and challenging vs 100% impossible and it stayed that way because it just kept getting more LAUGHABLY impossible which is not fun. Even hard games have to be fun.

I love the fix. Fun is back.

• DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Complete GW using another team. Use toons that have become inadequate for Arena or for Territory Battles. Try and clear it with CL Chewie, Lobot, Pao, Rook, and CUP. Change it up. Use all your Jawas or something.

The new GW is giving players the freedom to get out of their CLS boxes or whatever form of tunnel vision they've developed. For crying out loud have fun with it.

XOXO
  • Thank you. A thousand times, thank you. Now it's working as intended!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    DasMurich wrote: »
    Complete GW using another team. Use toons that have become inadequate for Arena or for Territory Battles. Try and clear it with CL Chewie, Lobot, Pao, Rook, and CUP. Change it up. Use all your Jawas or something.

The new GW is giving players the freedom to get out of their CLS boxes or whatever form of tunnel vision they've developed. For crying out loud have fun with it.

XOXO

It's like having a garage filled with super cars, but having to ride my bycicle in order to have the possibility of losing. I wouldn't call that giving players the freedom to get out of their CLS boxes. Instead of having useless toons because they can't compete we've got "useless" toons because they're too good.
    Personally i prefer to use the toons i've put effort in to lvl/gear/star instead of toons i ignored for the most part because i didn't like them in the first place.
    Like i said earlier, it's like challenges pre-sim button now, super duper boring, yet you still have to auto 12 nodes each day. Or does your advice also apply to the challenges? I'm pretty sure no one was having fun with those prior to them become sim-able.

Hmmm you could use just new teams, try new stuff, instead of overrun them with power? :)

Hmmm you could use just new teams, try new stuff, instead of overrun them with power? :)

The post before you explained it very well. I really liked the bicycle statement, lol.

"It's like having a garage filled with super cars, but having to ride my bycicle in order to have the possibility of losing. I wouldn't call that giving players the freedom to get out of their CLS boxes. Instead of having useless toons because they can't compete we've got "useless" toons because they're too good.

Personally i prefer to use the toons i've put effort in to lvl/gear/star instead of toons i ignored for the most part because i didn't like them in the first place."
  • DasMurich wrote: »

XOXO

I used Thrawn lead, Veers, snow, shore and storm this morning. Enjoyed it.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »

I agree with this.

Just my 2¢.

I actually now do have a chance to test out different teams. Most of my roster is severely under geared and I was forced to have to play my arena team (which I already play 5 x a day). Now whenever I unlock a new faction at g7 or g8 at 5*, I can use the full compliment of GW nodes to practice with and not just nodes 1,2,4,5.

As I develop the new team, eventually they will be strong enough to move on to other areas of the game. To me, this is perfect.

The stale part about GW was having to use the same resistance team or same arena team over and over and over again, against the same opponents over and over and over again.

• LukeDukem8 wrote: »

I agree with this.

Just my 2¢.

I actually now do have a chance to test out different teams. Most of my roster is severely under geared and I was forced to have to play my arena team (which I already play 5 x a day). Now whenever I unlock a new faction at g7 or g8 at 5*, I can use the full compliment of GW nodes to practice with and not just nodes 1,2,4,5.

As I develop the new team, eventually they will be strong enough to move on to other areas of the game. To me, this is perfect.

The stale part about GW was having to use the same resistance team or same arena team over and over and over again, against the same opponents over and over and over again.

This. There were days I could manually take Resistance all the way through. Some days I had to use my arena team. That was so boring to me.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    Most of my roster is severely under geared and I was forced to have to play my arena team (which I already play 5 x a day).

That's exactly the issue. You kind of have to have a lot of underpowered teams to use it as a sandbox. A lot of folks have built a team for the Rancor raid, 4-6 for HAAT, several for the various events, and a couple for TB and may even have a dozen or so characters built up for arena as the meta has shifted. Granted there is some overlap but that's potentiate 30-40 characters. On my roster these teams are gear 10 and 11 mostly. I'm not a whale. I'm not special. I'm not unique. And to build a team comparable to the ones I've seen on nodes 9 and 12 I have to dig pretty deep into my roster and build mashup teams. I have to use characters I don't have much interest in using. I recognize that people were getting stuck on nodes 6 and 9 before and changes we're warranted. Just wanted to give a perspective on how these changes negatively impacted some.

The best suggestion I've seen so far is to have GW tiers with better prizes at higher tiers. I'd like this. Seems to have the best chance to me everyone happy. Although we know, you can never make everyone happy.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »

I agree with this.

Just my 2¢.

This. There were days I could manually take Resistance all the way through. Some days I had to use my arena team. That was so boring to me.

c'mon man. Don't tell me you were only using 2 teams prior to this update, but now you're telling me you enjoy testing out teams?
    It's okay to just like it because it's rediculously easy now and auto-able in 7minutes orso.
  • Gear war is sooo dead, before this it was the light of this game
  • leef wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »

I agree with this.

Just my 2¢.

c'mon man. Don't tell me you were only using 2 teams prior to this update, but now you're telling me you enjoy testing out teams?
    It's okay to just like it because it's rediculously easy now and auto-able in 7minutes orso.

WAT? And yes, yes I was. I prefer efficiency and less time vs spending an hour in GW. I prefer this version of GW to what we had before. Give me the loot and keep it moving.