Bounty hunters in dark side tb

This would have been a perfect opportunity to get some new characters in the shops. Dark side is lacking good toons...we should have got Bossk in arena shop, 4-LOM in cantina shop, and Zuckuss in galactic war shop...

Replies

• CG/EA: I hope you can take 5 minutes or so to read this.

LS TB was built for the intended teams (Rebels) which have the widest range of abilities available.
    R1 exposes 7-8 times
    ANH teams hit like a truck
    wiggsdo teams AoE to oblivion
    Phoenix can mass counter, Daze, Stun and are good in TB
    etc etc.

The LS TB, although in some places difficult (I can't 6/6 everything in LS) was a balanced and well thought out game mode. (in this case I'm not counting bugs)

DS TB was meant for DS, which in many ways is far inferior to LS. As the devs actually made Phase One DS TB HARDER than Phase One LS TB, the fiasco we call Hoth: Imperial retaliation happened.

Although LS TB is difficult, it was balanced such that in Phase Six a well modded g11-g12 team can beat it (of course resistance g8 can beat 6/6 but that's resistance)

DS TB is nearly impossible for everyone. It was meant for a faction that is tenfold worse than LS yet it's harder than the LS equivalent.

In my opinion, DS TB should (a) be of lower difficulty or (b) equal difficulty with LS TB in terms of enemies, as a ton of rebels have anti-empire but only a few empire have anti rebels (and most of these are high catina farms or hard nodes). In addition, Rebel Strafing Run should have been taken into account.

In LS TB, a g1 level 1 character using Strafing run would deal nearly 0 damage. In DS TB, strafing run deals damage regardless of gear level, making it severely OP.

in LS TB, ATAT strike deals near 0 damage. in DS TB this is carried over (Strafing Run was basically a guaranteed phase wipe for LS, but ATAT damage is negligible at level 3.)

• I'm happy to see my Bounty Hunters see some action finally, especially Zam who I wanted to try for a long time.

I've managed to clear the special mission (by a very slim margin) with Boba (G12, Zeta), IG88 (G12), Zam (G9), Cad Bane (G8) and Greedo (G8), mostly thanks to a well-timed successful Execute by Boba.

Except for Boba's Zeta, they sorely miss a tank and any form of healing: health is just going down and down, it's not like there's a lot of it to start with...

2 Questions:
    1. Isn't Dengar a better choice than Cad Bane? Seems like a much better arsenal, especially since we're not battling Jedi (Cad Bane has 2 abilities tailored against Jedi)
    2. Boba lead says: they all gain max health = sum of their potency / 2. The sum of their potency is currently 200%, so does that mean they all gain +100% health? I can probably add another 100% potency (change some cross mods from +24% prot to +24% potency, add potency sets), would that add another +50% health?
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Moved to TB Imperial Retaliation subsection.

Don't underestimate Cad Bane's stun. I did it easily with Dengar & Cad, leaving Greedo out, but Cad was really useful during that fight.
  • @Ambassador
    Was Dengar useful? He can also stun, sometimes...
    Yes perhpas Greedo is the odd one out. Very squishy and doesn't bring much beyond Thermals for Zam to blow up.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    I used Dengar, only he survive:). He was very helpfull with his stun.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Boba (G12, Zeta), IG88 (G12)

I stopped reading right there (not blaming you OP) because you shouldn't need two G12 characters plus a zeta to clear a P2 special mission. Hopefully this is tuned down like the rest of DS TB hopefully will be.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    As a follow up...
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Don't underestimate Cad Bane's stun. I did it easily with Dengar & Cad, leaving Greedo out, but Cad was really useful during that fight.

What was your team's gear/ability levels?
  • Dengar was useful, his AoE put Ten Down which must have helped Cad to stick the stuns.
    Boba lead g11 (no zeta), IG-88 g10, Dengar Zam Cad g9. Mods not all that great except Boba (an old Arena team member of mine, when I also used him with Zader+Sidious in AAT P2).
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I guess at some point I'll have to get IG-88 above 2 stars so I can actually have a full team eligible for this mission. ;)

I have so many DS toons that are low star count because I never use them.
  • I left out Greedo and finished 2/2.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I stopped reading right there (not blaming you OP) because you shouldn't need two G12 characters plus a zeta to clear a P2 special mission. Hopefully this is tuned down like the rest of DS TB hopefully will be.

Why? Stop thinking that it is coming from easy to hard. Than everything is ok.
  • Gawejn wrote: »

Maybe you should stop trying to propagate the myth that TBDS will start out hard and get easier. It won’t.

Just so you know (you apparently don’t yet), the devs have already stated that it is more difficult than intended and will be fixed once it’s over.

• snarzenal wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »

Maybe you should stop trying to propagate the myth that TBDS will start out hard and get easier. It won’t.

Just so you know (you apparently don’t yet), the devs have already stated that it is more difficult than intended and will be fixed once it’s over.

Did you check Rebel special abilities? Phase 1, lvl 3..phase 2, lvl 2, phase 3 lvl 1. I dont propagate this myth, it wont be easier. But i dont see phase 3 very harder than previous. Compare this with LS TB. Phase 1 is very easy, phase 3 is harder than first. See how this is constructed first. Than if You want to start from easy to hard ok. But why You dont want to play one mode in this game which is always hard?
  • Reading the ability mechanic on swgoh.gg, it looks like if they all have a combined potency of 200% you will get +100 max health which is weird. Is that right? Can anyone confirm how much max health they gain from potency?
    My favorite characters Empire - Sith
  • Ronoaldo wrote: »
    Reading the ability mechanic on swgoh.gg, it looks like if they all have a combined potency of 200% you will get +100 max health which is weird. Is that right? Can anyone confirm how much max health they gain from potency?

Yes, this is right. It’s one of the best leader abilities in the game. Unfortunately BHs are pretty poor overall so it doesn’t get used in arena.
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    I'm happy to see my Bounty Hunters see some action finally, especially Zam who I wanted to try for a long time.

2 Questions:
    1. ...
    2. Boba lead says: they all gain max health = sum of their potency / 2. The sum of their potency is currently 200%, so does that mean they all gain +100% health? I can probably add another 100% potency (change some cross mods from +24% prot to +24% potency, add potency sets), would that add another +50% health?

Found this thread that explains this in full gory details, super useful.

TLDR is: yes, pile up as much potency on all of them as possible, every little helps. And make Boba's health as high as possible.
  • My thermal detonators are getting cleansed before they go off. The turn meter gain from Boba Fett’s leader ability isn’t happening.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    My thermal detonators are getting cleansed before they go off. The turn meter gain from Boba Fett’s leader ability isn’t happening.

make sure you are targeting the cleanser with Boba to take advantage of that 2 turn ability block.
  • Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Also, as for why they didn’t introduce new characters for this, I think it’s probably simple. They want you to invest resources into these BH now. Then here when they get the next faction pass and release new BH you will want to gear them up too. They know you would just ignore the old BH if they released new ones. That’s my conspiracy theory.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Also, as for why they didn’t introduce new characters for this, I think it’s probably simple. They want you to invest resources into these BH now. Then here when they get the next faction pass and release new BH you will want to gear them up too. They know you would just ignore the old BH if they released new ones. That’s my conspiracy theory.

I like this theory, if they release new BH it wont be new team on table. We will need few of old hunters. So still they will need gear.
  • CG/EA: I hope you can take 5 minutes or so to read this.

LS TB was built for the intended teams (Rebels) which have the widest range of abilities available.
    R1 exposes 7-8 times
    ANH teams hit like a truck
    wiggsdo teams AoE to oblivion
    Phoenix can mass counter, Daze, Stun and are good in TB
    etc etc.

The LS TB, although in some places difficult (I can't 6/6 everything in LS) was a balanced and well thought out game mode. (in this case I'm not counting bugs)

DS TB was meant for DS, which in many ways is far inferior to LS. As the devs actually made Phase One DS TB HARDER than Phase One LS TB, the fiasco we call Hoth: Imperial retaliation happened.

Although LS TB is difficult, it was balanced such that in Phase Six a well modded g11-g12 team can beat it (of course resistance g8 can beat 6/6 but that's resistance)

DS TB is nearly impossible for everyone. It was meant for a faction that is tenfold worse than LS yet it's harder than the LS equivalent.

In my opinion, DS TB should (a) be of lower difficulty or (b) equal difficulty with LS TB in terms of enemies, as a ton of rebels have anti-empire but only a few empire have anti rebels (and most of these are high catina farms or hard nodes). In addition, Rebel Strafing Run should have been taken into account.

In LS TB, a g1 level 1 character using Strafing run would deal nearly 0 damage. In DS TB, strafing run deals damage regardless of gear level, making it severely OP.

in LS TB, ATAT strike deals near 0 damage. in DS TB this is carried over (Strafing Run was basically a guaranteed phase wipe for LS, but ATAT damage is negligible at level 3.)

+10000
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    My thermal detonators are getting cleansed before they go off. The turn meter gain from Boba Fett’s leader ability isn’t happening.

make sure you are targeting the cleanser with Boba to take advantage of that 2 turn ability block.

Which is the cleanser?