DSTB issue and response

Replies

• Got to love the leaderboard....are you really going to hand out max rewards to 100,000’s of people that do not belong there?
  • i agree 10000000% punishing the players for something that wouldnt be possible if they did their job and test it properly, which they clearly didnt. Shut this DS TB down and rework it before it comes back.
  • I agree. The best thing is to stop the TB.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Hiya :#
    Yeah honestly... this is the first time I am seriously thinking of quitting the game. Exploiting killed DAOC not going through that again..
    I was willing to deal with a THANKSGIVING launch .. because worldwide....the whole "deal with it later thing'' really not cool. This honestly *matters* to we who are gamers.

Some of us have invested a lot of time (and money) into this game.. and made it pretty successful.

This is beyond broken. please fix this.

... and for gods sake don't throw us a meme.. that is beyond insulting. :)
  • Dath_Raki
    46 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm in agreement with this. The TB should end now. Lots of issues going on leading to too much frustration. Combat missions are not awarding the right points, exploits, and can't unlock the missions for those that would like to do them when 3*.
  • Yea- figuring out who exploited and who didn't is going to be very tricky in this situation.

There will be obvious ones. But then there will be some people who will get away with it and then those are left to feel like hey they got away with it and was rewarded for bad behavior. Which also makes those who didn't want to have anything to do with TB platoon deployments and avoiding banned will be left feeling like they got the shaft. A sense of unfairness. Where do you draw the line between too many accident hits/attempts before you realize you did something wrong. ?

And then the ethical question of why didn't they get banned - and wondering maybe they got off the hook because they're whales paying the bills. Do some guilds and players get favoritism and overly fair treatments based on their spending habit?

The best solution here is to just shut it down. Since no rewards have been given out yet- no harm done.

The problem here is the TB is bugged. It is technically not the players fault.

• Windar wrote: »
    Wait, how do I know if I did something or not?
    Just play the game as normal, and if something weird happens back out and try again. Odds are you're not doing anything wrong, but if you are it's easy to tell the difference between an honest mistake and someone abusing an exploit. Nothing will happen to you if you approach the game with honest intentions.
    So ea should delete 10% of all accounts. So be it. Lets see how everyone else left in the game will react on this. I dont mind, I didnt made any mistakes.But I know for sure, something like this could create chaos
    What makes you think they'll delete accounts? That's a $50 solution to a $5 problem. Relax, play the game, people who are loudly proclaiming the fate of those who accidentally had this bug happen to them as reason for a general amnesty are the ones who did it on purpose and are hoping to get away with it scott free.

When, in reality, all they probably need to do is just not do it again and they'd be fine...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I’m just glad I can’t hack
  • Dath_Raki
    46 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm in agreement with this. The TB should end now. Lots of issues going on leading to too much frustration and morale hit for both officers and players alike. Combat missions are not awarding the right points, exploits, and can't unlock the missions for those that would like to do them when 3*.
  • The only reason I see for it to stay open is to find other bugs. Right now we have the exploit, incorrect TP awarded for waves cleared, the assumed incorrect difficulty spike of phase 1 (and maybe others), zader's dots being cleansed. Plenty more to find.
  • Guys, just relax... Don't take advantage of whatever bug you think might be affecting you and go about your business.

If you took advantage of things before the announcement, just stop doing it going forward. If you continue abusing it even after, it's your own **** dumb fault.
  • A simple fact is people has the right to exploit the loopholes if your game has them
  • Edward wrote: »
    A simple fact is people has the right to exploit the loopholes if your game has them

And a simple fact is that if people are knowingly exploiting bugs in your game you have the responsibility to punish them.
  • End it and give us all 48 stars. The only fair thing to do

Yes please! :#
  • Fracture also gets cleansed, there’s no end to the bugs in this god-awful TB
  • JDIII wrote: »
    Not for an open bug in the game! It’s not like it was hacked
    Yes for an open bug... If they straight up say "Please don't do this thing, we will fix it, but it's not an important enough bug to stop the event just don't do it or there will be reprecussions" then you STILL do it? That's on you, man.

Odds are there won't be any consequences for people who did it before the announcement was made, but if you go on doing it now afterwards you deserve what you get.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    JDIII wrote: »
    Yes for an open bug... If they straight up say "Please don't do this thing, we will fix it, but it's not an important enough bug to stop the event just don't do it or there will be reprecussions" then you STILL do it? That's on you, man.

Odds are there won't be any consequences for people who did it before the announcement was made, but if you go on doing it now afterwards you deserve what you get.

Was there an announcement in the game itself? Not everyone reads these message boards. I wouldn't have even heard of this unless I read this post.

What about the large percentage of players who don't read forums? Unless there's an in-game announcement that doesn't work.

So many people people dont read forums. Some even dont read ingame messages, they just play the game
  • Shut it down and give us 2 more days of double drops.. :D:D
  • This is a disaster. Not enough facepalms could I make.
  • they should listen to the community or this will end lile battlefront II did
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Not going into how the thing happens but it is very easy to do it unintentionally and even knowing about it can happen again without warning.

It's also really easy to tell when someone does something by accident and when they do it on purpose. I'm sure they're not just going to suspend every account that does it even with one character...

My main point is either everyone intentionally doing it should be banned or no one.
    They can not tell the difference between when someone did it intentionally 4 or 5 times and some one that did it unintentionally 4 or 5 times.

it is still going to happen unintentionally for the next 3 phases the only way to prevent it from unintentionally happening is way to time intensive and not something anyone should have to do.

I mean how am I supposed to know if the game locked up or this bug is happening? It is not like the game never locks up or crashes
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

What about the large percentage of players who don't read forums? Unless there's an in-game announcement that doesn't work.

So many people people dont read forums. Some even dont read ingame messages, they just play the game

How did they find out about the bug? If they're a regular person player then they might experience the bug, but won't know how to exploit it. Those folks will be fine. If they're a regular person player who found out how to exploit this bug from some reddit thread or other forum or heard about it in their guild's line/discord/whatever, they'll hear about the crackdown the same way. But anyone who's purposely exploiting a bug, even if they didn't read about a crackdown, should be punished. A reasonable person can tell when they're doing something they shouldn't and knows better.

Long story short--you guys are worrying over a situation that probably won't even happen. The folks fanning the flames of "But what about THESE people" are doing it because they know they've exploited something and hope they can use whataboutism to cover themselves.
    Guys, just relax... Don't take advantage of whatever bug you think might be affecting you and go about your business.

If you took advantage of things before the announcement, just stop doing it going forward. If you continue abusing it even after, it's your own **** dumb fault.

What if someone doesnt know and gets banned? What if someone does know and gets away with it?
  • Someone found it in the first place, and they probably werent looking for it. Of the thousands of players its fair to assume it happens occasionally by accident.
  • Btw my guild is at 10/48 stars... Pretty sure im not covering anything up.