• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    JDIII wrote: »
    Not for an open bug in the game! It’s not like it was hacked
    Yes for an open bug... If they straight up say "Please don't do this thing, we will fix it, but it's not an important enough bug to stop the event just don't do it or there will be reprecussions" then you STILL do it? That's on you, man.

Odds are there won't be any consequences for people who did it before the announcement was made, but if you go on doing it now afterwards you deserve what you get.

What about the large percentage of players who don't read forums? Unless there's an in-game announcement that doesn't work.
    Yes for an open bug... If they straight up say "Please don't do this thing, we will fix it, but it's not an important enough bug to stop the event just don't do it or there will be reprecussions" then you STILL do it? That's on you, man.

Odds are there won't be any consequences for people who did it before the announcement was made, but if you go on doing it now afterwards you deserve what you get.

So many people people dont read forums. Some even dont read ingame messages, they just play the game

How did they find out about the bug? If they're a regular person player then they might experience the bug, but won't know how to exploit it. Those folks will be fine. If they're a regular person player who found out how to exploit this bug from some reddit thread or other forum or heard about it in their guild's line/discord/whatever, they'll hear about the crackdown the same way. But anyone who's purposely exploiting a bug, even if they didn't read about a crackdown, should be punished. A reasonable person can tell when they're doing something they shouldn't and knows better.

Long story short--you guys are worrying over a situation that probably won't even happen. The folks fanning the flames of "But what about THESE people" are doing it because they know they've exploited something and hope they can use whataboutism to cover themselves.

Well when we get comments like this:
    We're sorry to hear that players have found an exploit of the Territory Battle's Platoon Deployment mechanic. Please know that we have logs of those who choose to engage in this exploitative behavior.

There is reason to raise questions.
    There logs don't show the intent of a player.
    Will the be able to pick out the big time abusers yes I have no doubt.
    However there are many that "participated" in this exploit not at their own choosing because of a bugged system.
    So even a wrong ban against someone because their logs show they "participated" is kitten kitten.
    No one should have to jump thru hoops because the game is broke and it was decided to just let it go with a don't do this warning which again it would be a pita to ensure you never did this in the following 3 phases.
  • the last time there was an exploit bug. CG did NOTHING. that was the free mods upgrade, where people upgraded mods for free and resold it.
  • Ragnir2
    87 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It happened to a guy in our guild too. It was totally unintentional.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • I agree with the OP 100%. This TB is an absolute disaster and this bug - and the follow up threat to ban people who may unintentionally "use" it is just making things worse.

Just shut it down already. How much more of dumpster fire do you need? And there are still 3 more phases of undiscovered possibilities for more mess. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I agree with the OP 100%. This TB is an absolute disaster and this bug - and the follow up threat to ban people who may unintentionally "use" it is just making things worse.

Just shut it down already. How much more of dumpster fire do you need? And there are still 3 more phases of undiscovered possibilities for more mess. :D

Shut it down! Shut it down....!
  • Should i get you some papers for your tears
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member

What about the large percentage of players who don't read forums? Unless there's an in-game announcement that doesn't work.

So many people people dont read forums. Some even dont read ingame messages, they just play the game

How did they find out about the bug? If they're a regular person player then they might experience the bug, but won't know how to exploit it.

People find bugs all the time. Even with this one, yesterday I saw two guilds at 12 stars that had no business being there due their GP, this morning I saw a pic of somebody that showed them deploying 10 times, and immediately knew what was going on.
  • According to this:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/145635/compensation-for-platoon-bug/p1

"There could be action, but not necessarily compensation. Please be warned. I know this is common sense, but it bears repeating."

It doesn't sound like they'll want to compensate us.

I mean technically, this is a bad release/product that should have gone through more testing and debugging.

We're all basically beta testing this DarkSide TB providing them feedback, finding bugs, and exploitable bugs that could ruin the game experience.

But instead apologizing or just saying Thank you. We get threats and no compensation.

How about a simple:

"Hey Guys, Thank you for helping us testing all this Dark Side content. We're sorry about all the fuss and troubles/frustration you are having. Here's a compensation."

• I would be OK with a mulligan on this TB. No harm, no foul. Just give out some token rewards for the efforts so far, and let us have a bit of family time with what's left of the weekend. Then they can put this up on blocks while they fix all the things that went wrong. Next DS TB will be great.
  • According to this:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/145635/compensation-for-platoon-bug/p1

"There could be action, but not necessarily compensation. Please be warned. I know this is common sense, but it bears repeating."

It doesn't sound like they'll want to compensate us.

I mean technically, this is a bad release/product that should have gone through more testing and debugging.

We're all basically beta testing this DarkSide TB providing them feedback, finding bugs, and exploitable bugs that could ruin the game experience.

But instead apologizing or just saying Thank you. We get threats and no compensation.

How about a simple:

"Hey Guys, Thank you for helping us testing all this Dark Side content. We're sorry about all the fuss and troubles/frustration you are having. Here's a compensation."

This. 10000%. Instead of apologies for releasing this clearly under-tested mess, we get threats.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The truly sad thing here is after an otherwise good update and anniversary rewards and double drops, the only thing people will remember is the threat of being banned for a simple mistake caused by insufficient testing of their own product. Like I have said before, they do something good and then proceed to shoot themselves in the foot. Every time.
  • Please cancel this horrible player experience called TB: Hoth Imperial invasion.

So many bugs and mistakes.

1 guy can cheat and gain max stars for his 49 honest guild members.
    How exactly are you gonna deal with this ?

Simple solution is to avoid this situation by cancelling the current tb and give us something in return like rewards = to our last TB, Light side.
  • I don't want to participate and enable this level of quality being sold to me.
  • I think the devs response to this was the guilds coordinating this exploit for each slice more than the unintentional ones, chat logs will show this.
    Theres loads of people commenting who know how its done, saying they did it X amount of times by accident but didn't immediately report it to the devs?
    The rewards of reporting bugs will always outweigh that of exploiting them, if you find something report it, simple really
  • I probably did this without even knowing today. Didn't even realize anything happened just thought it lagged. Can't go check to much activity since. My guess is this is happening all the time. In which case they should shut it down. Most have probably ran into this. Not even realizing it.
  • I am disappointed in this release and reaction. What was initially a great release turns out into a disaster.

We have new content that like usual animates people into spending and a lot of people happily do.

The new TB is bugged. Bugs happen, but not to this degree. It is clear this is was a rushed release that just ignores basic quality principles. Where is the responsibility from the Devs to at least backup their sales with minimum quality standards?

Then we have an exploit where it is harder to not use the exploit by accident than to play it fair. And we get threads of being banned due to ToS as a reaction. Why not first clean up the mess in your own house before threatening your customers with the ban-hammer? It is didficult to understand such a behaviour and it doesnt help getting trust back into the company.
  • Just a thought, but seems to me the only people that should be getting scolded or warned are those that allowed this mess to be rolled out in the first place, just saying. If I jack something up at work my bosses would be cracking heads, not blaming the customers.
  • Nah. A better thing for them to do would be to get another dev in here to make another post threatening to ban their paying customers. Good to see their bedside manner is almost equal for their ability to write & test code.

Also, while you’re pondering over whether or not to remove this post perhaps you can answer why, when EE AA exploit money from consumers you call it capitalism or commerce. But when players attempt to leverage an opportunity to get in-game items from you its called an exploit.
  • DarkDiggler
    372 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I suggest CG start putting in as much effort to find bugs before releasing content as they did to find the leak of that LS TB screenshot.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Overall Tb is a pure mess. I try my best to see all point of views that I can think of. From the corporate side the game manager side the dev side the mod side the player side. I love this game and I enjoy the people that play it and all the active participants on the forum. And some things are really quite fun and the gifts for 2 year anniversary were great but Tb is really all over the place for so many different reasons. As bent wookie stated above - this too is a time I’m really considering quitting. And I hate the posts like that. This isn’t frustration over drop rates or paywalls or sneaky platoons. It’s just getting to be too much. And the only thing keeping me back right now is that I feel I owe it to my guild to keep on keeping on. Tbs are a nice thought and a for effort but please just let them go, I don’t have faith that you will get it right anymore.
  • I heard about the bug and actively looked for it. Still haven't found it. Those posting here that found it, should have known better than to abuse it. I don't doubt that it's pretty apparent those that encountered the issue and used it to their advantage. If you didn't, I don't really think you have anything to worry about. If you did, you might be here trying to explain yourself.
  • scuba wrote: »
    There is reason to raise questions.
    There logs don't show the intent of a player.
    Will the be able to pick out the big time abusers yes I have no doubt.
    However there are many that "participated" in this exploit not at their own choosing because of a bugged system.
    That's just it, though--the logs DO show intent. As I said earlier, I was trying to deploy six characters to a platoon and kept hitting the "Deploy" button because it wasn't responding. I probably hit it 10 times or so before backing out and deploying those same characters for real. If I get lag again tomorrow I know now to back out, wait a bit, try again. This might result in a few extra deployments depending on if that first one counts or not. That'll show up in the log.

Folks deliberately expliting will be easy to ID, folks just suffering fom an annoying bug but not doing anything about it will be just as easy to identify... Don't worry about it. Right now everyone is jumping to conclusions about how the sky is falling because something bad might happen... But just don't take advantage. If you get bugged out and you need to deploy a second time, just don't spam that deploy key like it's going out of style. Everything will work out.
    Ragnir2 wrote: »
    It happened to a guy in our guild too. It was totally unintentional. If your game lags while trying to deploy the glitch gives you credit for deploying multiple characters. Ea shouldn't punish people for this.
    If it's unintentional the log will show that. Stop worrying.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Maegor wrote: »

How did they find out about the bug? If they're a regular person player then they might experience the bug, but won't know how to exploit it.

People find bugs all the time. Even with this one, yesterday I saw two guilds at 12 stars that had no business being there due their GP, this morning I saw a pic of somebody that showed them deploying 10 times, and immediately knew what was going on.

Cool. Then that's people who discovered a bug and deliberately exploited it for gain and deserve punishment if it continues. A reasonable person should know "Hey, this isn't supposed to happen, I shouldn't be doing this."
  • Lash1r
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Agreed. It should be closed, for many reasons. My entire guild is very unhappy with the game right now and the dark side Territory Battle, with all of the above-mentioned issues, is really not helping. People are feeling overwhelmed with so much content coming out at once. No one knows what to focus on. Many members of my guild never enjoyed the Territory Battle model in the first place. Now there are 3 of them (light side, dark side, and Wars) with opposing requirements and lots of issues/bugs. That, plus the suggestion that we must also be preparing against unknown requirements to be able to attain the new Rey character is just ... more than people know what to do with.

I really like this game, and want to continue to enjoy playing it. But, it feels like a great many things have been done wrong recently that is threatening that fun. Please help the community know what to do next. Give us quality content, without causing people to feel like they have to “panic farm” in multiple directions at once. Help us enjoy the game and have fun with it. :)

I would be happy to help work through these things in any way that any of you think will help.
  • Mulligan. CG will just let it play out and fix it for next time. Highly doubt anyone will get banned.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Guys, just relax... Don't take advantage of whatever bug you think might be affecting you and go about your business.

If you took advantage of things before the announcement, just stop doing it going forward. If you continue abusing it even after, it's your own **** dumb fault.

What if someone doesnt know and gets banned? What if someone does know and gets away with it?
    Look. Around 2:00 or so today I [unvoluntarily experienced the bug]

This creates a clear picture: Someone gets hit by a bug, doesn't understand what's going on, gets hit again the next day and doesn't take advantage of it.

Big data is a helluva thing. You can find a clear narrative in any log. Relax. They're not going to ban anyone who didn't do anything dumb... Oh, if they do bans at all, then for sure folks are going to SAY they didn't do anything, but of course they'll say that. It's easier to act aggrieved than to take responsibility.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Logs show intent. SURE. But who wants to sit around and go through logs of all the guilds and decide where that cut off point is?

What determines accident. or too much exploiting?

If I was a producer or director in charge. Do I want to waste my resources in paying my programmer to write a script on a witch hunt to ban people? that results in a bunch of people being angry. and ban people who are my source of income. So not only did I just kill my source of income but I have just wasted more company resources/time/money to do something that is NOT productive moving forward.

And where do you draw the line on who to ban? And what about those who got away with it. That suddenly got rewarded for bad behavior? And the folks who are left not exploiting feel like they got the shaft.

The best thing to do is stop wasting more time on- accept it was a bug and bad release. Thank everybody for testing the game. Apologize for frustration and send some rewards. Make customers happy.

Spend the time FIXING the game, rather than witch hunting on who to ban.

That is the MOST logical time management option.
  • Said this yesterday already. But don’t think people realized the extent of this bug or something. Ending it’s the only reasonable thing to do. It’s beyond any correction at this point. Lose if ya don’t use the bug, lose if ya do.
  • jbol80 wrote: »
    Just a thought, but seems to me the only people that should be getting scolded or warned are those that allowed this mess to be rolled out in the first place, just saying. If I jack something up at work my bosses would be cracking heads, not blaming the customers.

Agree.