DSTB issue and response

Replies

• Happened to me by accident this morning. I selected 5-6 ships for a platoon and must have clicked the button 10 times before I thought it was a bug. Tried another platoon and same thing. Eventually left, came back, and then was able to add ships in. I heard about the exploit from a guild member a few minutes ago when I posted a pic on discord asking how it happened. Now I’m a few million up apparently for my guild. I had no idea about it being an exploit, I’d never do this intentionally, and I’ve even personally turned people in for cheating at other times in the past.
  • All you crying here, are the ones fears ban hammer right? The ones who should fear some action (dont necessary need to be ban) know what they did
  • I say we stop the TB, give generic rewards to everybody, and rerelease asap after it’s fixed.
  • Imurfader wrote: »
    I say we stop the TB, give generic rewards to everybody, and rerelease asap after it’s fixed.
    Why, though? It's only a couple more days. Just don't abuse the bug if it happens and everything is fine. Just get a couple fewer stars than usual (Although, for us, it looks like we'll end with about the same as usual) and the next one won't be as bugged. In a month this'll all be another fun joke like that August gag everyone thinks is still funny a year later.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    snowhut wrote: »
    I heard about the bug and actively looked for it. Still haven't found it. Those posting here that found it, should have known better than to abuse it. I don't doubt that it's pretty apparent those that encountered the issue and used it to their advantage. If you didn't, I don't really think you have anything to worry about. If you did, you might be here trying to explain yourself.

It's incredibly easy to have happen to you by accident. Now, to get 30M TP is no accident, and some have done that or more, but for a lot of people it's easy to have overdeployed because of it.
  • All cozispoon said was do not do this exploit, but I dont even know what the exploit is. Im confused and scared.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Maegor wrote: »

People find bugs all the time. Even with this one, yesterday I saw two guilds at 12 stars that had no business being there due their GP, this morning I saw a pic of somebody that showed them deploying 10 times, and immediately knew what was going on.
    NicWester wrote: »
    Cool. Then that's people who discovered a bug and deliberately exploited it for gain and deserve punishment if it continues. A reasonable person should know "Hey, this isn't supposed to happen, I shouldn't be doing this."
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Guys, just relax... Don't take advantage of whatever bug you think might be affecting you and go about your business.

If you took advantage of things before the announcement, just stop doing it going forward. If you continue abusing it even after, it's your own **** dumb fault.

What if someone doesnt know and gets banned? What if someone does know and gets away with it?
    Look. Around 2:00 or so today I tried to deploy some characters to a platoon. I tapped the six I wanted, hit deploy and nothing happened. I hit it a few more times, nothing happened. All told, I probably hit deploy a dozen times trying to get those guys in the platoon before backing out, thinking maybe the problem was that someone else in my guild had filled those slots already and the UI just wasn't updating. I went back in, I saw the slots still unfilled and deployed the six guys and everything worked out.

You just contradicted yourself because that's exactly what's happening to 90% of the people not taking advantage of this bug but having it happen to them, including the person in the screenshots that I saw when I figured out what was happening.

And when I figured it out, I made an announcement to my guild not to exploit it in our phase strategy.
  • I agree with Maegor. I'm actually worried about even attempting to complete future platoons at this point because it may happen again by accident. I was 4th the past 2 days, but now I'm 3.5 million up from second place just because of the north territory fiasco this morning. I'll probably just abstain from platoons for the rest of the raid just in case. Sucks though because I have a lot of higher starred dark side toons that would help my guild. Just don't want to get banned because of an accident.
  • Qvrstvfsp
    41 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Im of the mind that players should not be blamed or especially not punished for exploiting a bug because the developers failed to identify/test thoroughly enough for bugs, which they are paid to do. We are not paid bug testers. We simply play the content that is provided to us. If the content is wrong, then expect it to be played wrong. That being said, I dont care whether it runs incorrectly this one time or is shutdown so long as its fixed for the next run (which I do not doubt will occur).

*edit: I dont even know what this bug is, Im speaking generally. Im not defending anyones choices either. Im simply demonstrating cause and effect and realistic expectation. that is all.
  • I was confused as well as to what it was and now after finding out believe that I might have accidentally hit it 2-3 times in P1 when the event opened. Basically it isn’t updating platoon toons Deployed in real time, so you enter a platoon and see that one needs 3 toons that you have, someone enters theirs at the same time and deploys the 3 toons, yours still allows you to select them and when you hit deploy nothing happens so like most of us you think it’s a glitch or your signal is bad and tap it again. There is no way to tell that you’ve done it until you actually leave the platoon section and see the deploy updates list on the map in the affected section. I repeat you cannot tell you are doing it while in the platoon section that allows a person to accidentally do it. I also personally believe that it should be canceled if they can. I’m not upset, just think some of these problems are too big to ignore for another 3 days. Not everyone has a forum account or access to the info on the bug. An ingame message would be great if the event can’t be canceled. At least make sure you do everything possible to let everyone know if you plan to keep in running. No one wants to be locked out of their account before the holidays or see it happen to a friend. Just cancel and start a LS TB early if you can. Would give you a week to start addressing the issues and no one could get hurt by the bug.
  • Maegor wrote: »
    Maegor wrote: »

People find bugs all the time. Even with this one, yesterday I saw two guilds at 12 stars that had no business being there due their GP, this morning I saw a pic of somebody that showed them deploying 10 times, and immediately knew what was going on.
    Cool. Then that's people who discovered a bug and deliberately exploited it for gain and deserve punishment if it continues. A reasonable person should know "Hey, this isn't supposed to happen, I shouldn't be doing this."
    Guys, just relax... Don't take advantage of whatever bug you think might be affecting you and go about your business.

If you took advantage of things before the announcement, just stop doing it going forward. If you continue abusing it even after, it's your own **** dumb fault.

What if someone doesnt know and gets banned? What if someone does know and gets away with it?
    Look. Around 2:00 or so today I tried to deploy some characters to a platoon. I tapped the six I wanted, hit deploy and nothing happened. I hit it a few more times, nothing happened. All told, I probably hit deploy a dozen times trying to get those guys in the platoon before backing out, thinking maybe the problem was that someone else in my guild had filled those slots already and the UI just wasn't updating. I went back in, I saw the slots still unfilled and deployed the six guys and everything worked out.

You just contradicted yourself because that's exactly what's happening to 90% of the people not taking advantage of this bug but having it happen to them, including the person in the screenshots that I saw when I figured out what was happening.

And when I figured it out, I made an announcement to my guild not to exploit it in our phase strategy.
    No contradiction. I was referring to the "two guilds at 12 stars," those are folks who should have seen the ability to get millions of TP all by themselves and realized "Hey, this doesn't seem right."

A normal person like myself, the person I replied to in that thread that got merged into this one, the person who posted the picture you saw--they figure it out. The process of figuring it out takes a few tries because at first you think you did something wrong, then once you realize what's happening you stop doing it. Accidents happen, the developers know that. It's a blip on the radar.
    Imurfader wrote: »
    I agree with Maegor. I'm actually worried about even attempting to complete future platoons at this point because it may happen again by accident. I was 4th the past 2 days, but now I'm 3.5 million up from second place just because of the north territory fiasco this morning. I'll probably just abstain from platoons for the rest of the raid just in case. Sucks though because I have a lot of higher starred dark side toons that would help my guild. Just don't want to get banned because of an accident.
    Don't worry about it. Deploy to platoons as normal. If you press the button and nothing happens, back out, wait a few seconds, go back in, try it again. If it still doesn't work, back out again, close the game, try again. There are logs, logs tell a story. Don't try to take advantage of the bug and the logs will tell the story of someone who was inconvenienced, but didn't try to take advantage and nothing will happen to you.

It's fine. Relax.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    All you crying here, are the ones fears ban hammer right? The ones who should fear some action (dont necessary need to be ban) know what they did

Wrong. I have not assigned anyone to a platoon more than once. I just think pushing out ultra-buggy content then threatening your player base for, in effect, beta testing it for you and trying to play it is bad form.

There are many ways CG could have done this differently. Amazingly, they once again choose one of the least customer friendly option.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • My concern is that if they let this play out til phase 6. with the bugs going on and exploit.

Just like the MODs free upgrade exploit. Enough people did it where it made no sense for them to ban their entire paying customers. Thus rewarding for bad behavior and then those who didn't exploit it felt pretty crappy that they didn't do it. At this moment, if enough guilds start exploiting it.

What do you think they'll do? Ban everybody? They'll let it slide and its just MOD exploit all over again.

Better to shut the problem down before the phase 6 rewards are issued. and just compensate everybody for their time testing their game.

Regardless the most common sense thing for CG to do is just give out rewards that people would have /might have normally gotten anyways. Less unhappy customers. More happy customers. = CG coming out as the hero. rather than the villain.
  • aclbosox
    132 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    They can't let it go. Our guild explicitly sent messages to players alerting them to this bug and asking that they don't take advantage of the exploit. If it happens by accident a couple of times that's one thing, but I saw guilds getting 9* shortly after phase turned over to 3.

The one or two extra presses I don't care, likely an accident. But four, five, six plus times in a row, that's someone exploiting.

By letting it go, that punishes all the guilds out there that were responsible, honest players.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • Lol this is almost hilarious at this point. It’s like they put out a bowl of candy for Halloween with a sign that says “candy”, kids took more than one piece so the solution was to change the sign to “please only take one”
  • I agree with anyone who's demanding to shut down this TB.
  • I spent a lot of money on my FO to prep for this territory battle. Not only are they dissapointing but this whole thing is glitched. UGH.
  • Add me to the list. Shut it down, give everyone rewards for all stars, no banning, and fix it before you bring it back.

I wonder how many are doing the exploit on purpose hoping they get banned so they can “win” the game? Lol
  • Just heard about this now, I don't believe I have accidentally used the exploit. Looking at my stats I seem to roughly have the points I would "expect" myself to have. Having said that I won't be touching Territorial Battles with a barge pole. I am not risking my account through something I may do by complete accident. Whether CG take the game mode down or not is up to them, but as far as I am concerned I won't be touching Territorial Battles till it has been confirmed it is working as intended.
  • 1. Shut it down
    2. Give rewards based on all stars or equal for all.
    3. Could also let us play through so we can see the content and plan then go to 2
  • I want to play it to see and plan for waves 4-6. Haven't lost a battle yet so far through 3 waves. Have spent a lot of time and credits on this TB and I'm having fun. We won't get past the learning curve if we don't face it. The exploit issues has already left the barn - IF CG is going to take action on it the damage has already been done. I don't want innocent people banned though...make the cutoff like 50 or more duplicate units deployed - just catch the blatant exploiters...or even 75.
  • I want to play it to see and plan for waves 4-6. Haven't lost a battle yet so far through 3 waves. Have spent a lot of time and credits on this TB and I'm having fun. We won't get past the learning curve if we don't face it. The exploit issues has already left the barn - IF CG is going to take action on it the damage has already been done. I don't want innocent people banned though...make the cutoff like 50 or more duplicate units deployed - just catch the blatant exploiters...or even 75.

Uh, no, if you did it more than 5 times you knew what you were doing...
    ΔCŁBØSØX | Discord: aclbosox#8982
  • 50 is pretty much exploiting in my opinion. but this whole goes back to where do you exactly draw the line. somebody has to look over the data and manually go through this banning process.
  • aclbosox wrote: »
    I want to play it to see and plan for waves 4-6. Haven't lost a battle yet so far through 3 waves. Have spent a lot of time and credits on this TB and I'm having fun. We won't get past the learning curve if we don't face it. The exploit issues has already left the barn - IF CG is going to take action on it the damage has already been done. I don't want innocent people banned though...make the cutoff like 50 or more duplicate units deployed - just catch the blatant exploiters...or even 75.

Uh, no, if you did it more than 5 times you knew what you were doing...

Not so sure about that. You’ve never hit a button in this game over and over out of frustration because you think nothing is happening when you hit it? Say, like when the controls disappear on wave 6 and you think if you just keep hitting the auto button maybe your previous 5 waves of combat won’t get lost.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I have no idea if I used this exploit or not.

In P1 I tried several times to deploy and it failed, but my total platoon contribution so far is 10 so I doubt anyone can accuse me of exploiting.

I don't see much coming of this tbh. Maybe they will retroactively reassign stars. They'll only ban people if they keep doing it through all phases on a large scale imo. Accidents doing happen in every phase on a large scale.

• Here is a suggestion EA/CG - take action against those that are clearly benefiting from the exploit. You know what a guild or player should be able to achieve for GP, add a safety margin that will error on the side of letting a few guilty people go unpunished, and bring the hammer down on those above that GP deployement amount. This is the same principle that our criminal system follows because we would much rather error on the side of letting a guilty person go free than convict an innocent person. It is very easy to unintentionally run up a million in extra GP deployed for some players who have very complete rosters because you have no way of knowing that you are receiving deployment points when you are clicking!

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Just heard about this now, I don't believe I have accidentally used the exploit. Looking at my stats I seem to roughly have the points I would "expect" myself to have. Having said that I won't be touching Territorial Battles with a barge pole. I am not risking my account through something I may do by complete accident. Whether CG take the game mode down or not is up to them, but as far as I am concerned I won't be touching Territorial Battles till it has been confirmed it is working as intended.
    Don't be so paranoid... Just keep playing as you've played and nothing bad will happen. We're talking about exploiters who have used the thing to give themselves millions of TP. If you're a reasonable person, if/when the bug happens to you you'll see it and stop before you deploy 5 times, let alone the 500 times they were doing.

Long story short: Calm down.
  • Wow, so you're going to punish players for exploiting *your* mistake, *after* all this fallout after BF2? You are clearly stupid.

You also increased a price for dlc in this game.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I agree with the OP 100%. This TB is an absolute disaster and this bug - and the follow up threat to ban people who may unintentionally "use" it is just making things worse.

Just shut it down already. How much more of dumpster fire do you need? And there are still 3 more phases of undiscovered possibilities for more mess. :D

Shut it down! Shut it down....!

I agree. Shut it down NOW... Reward all players 3/4 of the total awards for testing the rubbish content and fix it. Ohh and launch ls tb so ppl have content to play
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    I have no idea if I used this exploit or not.

In P1 I tried several times to deploy and it failed, but my total platoon contribution so far is 10 so I doubt anyone can accuse me of exploiting.
    It wouldn't show under platoon contribution, it would show under total contribution because it's counting as you Deploying them to the zone multiple times.

Odds are the glitch happened to you, odds are you exacerbated the glitch by pushing the button a couple times, and--most importantly--odds are exactly 0 will happen to you. Just relax. Accidents do happen, and they get that, otherwise they wouldn't have made an announcement.