DSTB issue and response

Replies

• Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    edited November 2017
    As a Community let’s keep it civil, Thread is here for feedback and highlight of the topic.

There is only so many ways to say a response is coming, and nothing short of full answers is going to not feel sarcastic or short handed but until then the absence of back and forth q&a or direct answers to specific posts here is not a sign of an order 66 from the chancellor. Rydiggs posted to highlight team is aware and discourage strongly using this going forward knowingly.

No one is happy when these things occur, as soon as an offical what’s happening is available, it will be here first.

Until then, thread is here to post but just posting foul language or insults is not going to change this moment and has little impact as feedback, so we will continue to apply rules and this includes name shaming or harshment of players.

You can always pm those specific people issues or cheating instances to @CG_LucifersDaddy or @CG_Leviathan.

Thank you all for your feedback,
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Vampire_X wrote: »
    As a Community let’s keep it civil, Thread is here for feedback and highlight of the topic.

There is only so many ways to say a response is coming, and nothing short of full answers is going to not feel sarcastic or short handed but until then the absence of back and forth q&a or direct answers to specific posts here is not a sign of an order 66 from the chancellor. Rydiggs posted to highlight team is aware and discourage strongly using this going forward knowingly.

No one is happy when these things occur, as soon as an offical what’s happening is available, it will be here first.

Until then, thread is here to post but just posting fowl language or insults is not going to change this moment and has little impact as feedback, so we will continue to apply rules and this includes name shaming or harshment of players.

You can always pm those specific people issues or cheating instances to @CG_LucifersDaddy or @CG_Leviathan.

Thanks for allowing us to discuss this for once. But I question reporting cheaters to ld when nothing happens to so many of them. Yet the official response to this bug is to threaten people. Maybe in the future don't release new game content over a major holiday weekend for the development workforce.
  • As bad as the entire TB is let it play out, award the people for what they earn, to those that seem suspicious in logs send a picture of a naked mole-rat instead of the TB rewards, and for those who went all out in the exploit Olympics - show the might of the ban hammer.
  • All you crying here, are the ones fears ban hammer right? The ones who should fear some action (dont necessary need to be ban) know what they did

Your "crying" little tidbit is not making things any better whatsoever. Nobody likes to be labeled a cheater or an exploiter when it's clear this exploit was just about as unavoidable as it could be, especially during the rush of TB opening.

Let's look at it from a different perspective: We are the customers. This is their job. If I screw up enough times at my job, it's not a good thing. Every major release has had major bugs and glitches. Every. Single. One. They also have a track record of releasing major content on a weekend and saying "here ya go, anything goes wrong, we'll fix it on Monday." That is unacceptable. The way this was rolled out without any announcement other than "it's coming", no preview, no game changer videos, no testing, no nothing is unacceptable. You're only 8 months into this game, so basically you were NOT around for every debacle around a release. Those are the facts whether you choose to accept them or not.

Another point: Threatening players is NOT what is needed right now, accidental use of an exploit or intentional usage of it. They caused it by releasing this prematurely, they knew about it and it wasn't big enough for them to fix. Yes, personal time and family time is important, but if they're going to continue to release new content on the weekend on the way out the door, then they should be held accountable for that. Call it a wash and let it go.

This is coming from someone who loves this game and the community and gives the dev team as a whole a lot of credit and kudos. This week will determine how long I remain a member of it. This is not something 500 crystals and an omega mat can fix. This is far beyond unacceptable for the customer base as a whole whether or not they spend a dime.

For those who are worried about a ban, just ask around about one of the top tier guilds, ill gotten crystals and their penalty for it. I'll bet you'll be surprised.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • nfsseb1978
    48 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    My best guess is that it is only being left open as is to collect data, but with the platoon deployment exploit(that can get people banned), insanely unbalanced stats for Rebel D on all wave 4/4s etc, and the fact that certain debuffs aren’t working as intended under their sometimes Zetaed leader like Zader dots or Plague being dispelled, I’m not quite sure how any of that data could be useful imo. I could be wrong of course. Also I was under the impression that only P1-2 had the stat bug causing them to spam foresight, remove all debuffs, regen full health etc on 4/4, but each phase has been getting even harder.
  • nfsseb1978 wrote: »
    My best guess is that it is only being left open as is to collect data, but with the platoon deployment exploit(that can get people banned), insanely unbalanced stats for Rebel D on all wave 4/4s etc, and the fact that certain debuffs aren’t working as intended under their sometimes Zetaed leader like Zader dots or Plague being dispelled, I’m not quite sure how any of that data could be useful imo. I could be wrong of course. Also I was under the impression that only P1-2 had the stat bug causing them to spam foresight, remove all debuffs, regen full health etc on 4/4, but each phase has been getting even harder.

Its left open because its a thanksgiving holiday. :smile: I'm sure if it wasn't a weekend. it would have been addressed fairly quickly with some client restart.

• Lol "no one likes when this happens" lol then don't release junk...you just did a beta one where we literally waited for days to start...we couldn't test the DS TB then? Do you have anyone who actively objects to releasing untested things? Also newsflash having a hard release date in this type of environment does not typically end well. And having Kozi say things that weren't well thought out when the village wasn't burning does you no favors.
  • Shout out to all the Guild Leaders trying to hold their guilds together after all the drama DS TB created.
    First players started threatening to delete the game at the idea of being forced to spend a fortune to G12 different DS factions and meet mission requirements to stay in a top end guild while also panic farming Chewie and Han.
    Then the accusations of exploits started popping up and guild members fought about that.
    Doing 24/7 inter guild damage control over a holiday weekend is too much. Thanks a pantload y’all! I wish Yoda had given you a foresight buff before launching this train wreck of an update.
  • +1 get locked out of battles at 3 stars anyway
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited November 2017

IMO, this has gotten to a boiling point in the community as a whole. As long as it remains civil, we can talk about it. This isn't "hey, sorry Phoenix is required for platoons on the day they're needed. We messed up and we'll fix it next tb", this is a major content release. I think, and I'm not trying to speak for anyone, they kind of have to let this one go. Everything scuba said was within the rules of the forums and extremely well thought out.
  • Maegor wrote: »
    The only reason I see for it to stay open is to find other bugs. Right now we have the exploit, incorrect TP awarded for waves cleared, the assumed incorrect difficulty spike of phase 1 (and maybe others), zader's dots being cleansed. Plenty more to find.

This. Gotta keep it going to get the full test done. Before anyone blows up about that, in regards to testing, the reality of he situation right now is that he general public IS testing DS TB. Most can agree, this content required more fine tuning and analysis before release, but it is what it is right now. Cancel it now, we prolong the bug fixes for a patch down the line and people stay upset with the problems. Get it all out of the way now, one big fix, then take another look at what problems crop up.

As for exploitation, it’s been said. Be a decent person. Most know when they’re taking advantage of something. It should be easy to tell who’s getting extra points here or there by mistake (or casual exploitation), compared to massive all-out as-many-points-as-I-can-get-out-of-this cheating numbers.

After TB is finished however, I do believe the community deserves compensation for the troubles. I’m particularly fond of he idea thrown around about extra Double Drop days. I don’t need millennial entitlement reimbursements - let me play my game more! Thanks =)
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne

Its left open because its a thanksgiving holiday. :smile: I'm sure if it wasn't a weekend. it would have been addressed fairly quickly with some client restart.

That could be as well.
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    Qvrstvfsp wrote: »
    Vampire_X wrote: »

So why isnt this thread moved to the feedback section? Im getting REALLY sick and tired of active, productive threads being sent to feedback section and the conversation dies right there on the spot. Yet moderators play favorites with certain threads and they remain in general chat. Care to explain this because frankly its incredibly aggrivating.

@Vampire_X @Kyno

IMO, this has gotten to a boiling point in the community as a whole. As long as it remains civil, we can talk about it. This isn't "hey, sorry Phoenix is required for platoons on the day they're needed. We messed up and we'll fix it next tb", this is a major content release. I think, and I'm not trying to speak for anyone, they kind of have to let this one go. Everything scuba said was within the rules of the forums and extremely well thought out.

Maybe we're supposed to feel a sense of pride and accomplishment for getting through 3 days of tb bugs?
    Your "crying" little tidbit is not making things any better whatsoever. Nobody likes to be labeled a cheater or an exploiter when it's clear this exploit was just about as unavoidable as it could be, especially during the rush of TB opening.
    Hey, if a mistake happened, then a mistake happened and everyone understands that.

But I guarantee you it's the people saying "SHUT IT DOWN! END IT NOW! INNOCENTS WILL GET BANNED!" who legit exploited the thing and are just trying to cover their own tracks. The bug happened to me and my response upon finding out wasn't to get defensive and scared because I know I didn't do anything bad. My conscience is clear. It's the folks with guilty consciences that are trying to end this thing early when, odds are, nothing's going to happen to them anyway... Whatever they did, they did before the announcement was made. Unless they plan on doing it again tomorrow, no one has anything to worry about aside from maybe a couple days suspension if they did it on every territory all three days or something glaringly exploitative...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    There's another point here. That is that the platoon bug and the follow-up ban threat might have been appropriate - if every other aspect of the DS TB was working well and people were enjoying the content. But it's fairly clear that the devs apparently couldn't be bothered to QA the content sufficiently.

I also agree with Pac0naut. He had a great point about family time being important - which is another reason this MO of releasing buggy content going into a weekend or holiday so the player base (many of whom are pating customers) has to beta test for them, is getting a little stale.

This buggy as a summer picnic TB, coupled with the threat is just another straw. And this camel's back is getting pretty loaded up over the past two years.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • NicWester wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Hey, if a mistake happened, then a mistake happened and everyone understands that.

But I guarantee you it's the people saying "SHUT IT DOWN! END IT NOW! INNOCENTS WILL GET BANNED!" who legit exploited the thing and are just trying to cover their own tracks. The bug happened to me and my response upon finding out wasn't to get defensive and scared because I know I didn't do anything bad. My conscience is clear. It's the folks with guilty consciences that are trying to end this thing early when, odds are, nothing's going to happen to them anyway... Whatever they did, they did before the announcement was made. Unless they plan on doing it again tomorrow, no one has anything to worry about aside from maybe a couple days suspension if they did it on every territory all three days or something glaringly exploitative...

No its not, I didn't exploit, but I want this shut down and sent back to the drawing board. This TB is riddled with bugs and should have never made it to live.

But I guarantee you it's the people saying "SHUT IT DOWN! END IT NOW! INNOCENTS WILL GET BANNED!" who legit exploited the thing and are just trying to cover their own tracks.

So, basically you're inferring that scuba is one of those... And you would be 100% incorrect.

But, for the sake of civility and keeping this open, I will let you think that.

• So why isnt this thread moved to the feedback section? Im getting REALLY sick and tired of active, productive threads being sent to feedback section and the conversation dies right there on the spot. Yet moderators play favorites with certain threads and they remain in general chat. Care to explain this because frankly its incredibly aggrivating.

But I guarantee you it's the people saying "SHUT IT DOWN! END IT NOW! INNOCENTS WILL GET BANNED!" who legit exploited the thing and are just trying to cover their own tracks.

and you know this how? is this some form of naming and shaming?

This is exactly part of my point above. We shouldn't be the QA department - especially over weekends and holidays. But we often are - and some of us are brilliant enough to actually pay for the privilege.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help

Fact: he doesn't know.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Vampire_x is right. Civility is needed, and just going to have to wait for the official notice about the territory battle.

I understand deadlines, but from the way this was released it seems it was rushed out sooner than expected as if the deadline got pulled forward. It really wasn't ready for a release and with the territory wars and other changes I don't see how there was so much desire to get this out in the update when it clearly wasn't ready.

Did I say a name?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • I just wanna dance!

..and you'd be wrong. If anyone is trying to "cover their tracks" it sure seems as though it's the developers who pushed out buggy content, can't be bothered to hot fix it over a holiday weekend, then figure threatening the player base is the solid customer relations play.

I didn't deploy anyone more than once in any phase and I think shutting down the TB (which has many more bugs than the platoon issue) would be the responsible thing to do.

NicWester wrote: »

Sounds like its a witch hunt then, if he doesn't know but he is calling out "people"

Sounds like its a witch hunt then, if he doesn't know but he is calling out "people"

That's what happens when people make a ridiculous blanket statement.

*shrug*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2017

Did I say a name?

Stop trolling. Feel free to add something useful if you have anything. Your not-so-thinly
    veiled shot at the highly respected OP (and anyone who agrees with him) was uncalled for.

• Bottom line here: the reason we are in this mess at all is the fault of the devs. No offense or ill will, just stating the facts. Because of this, and the advantage some have and will gain by exploiting, the only reasonable way (that I can think of at least) is to equalize rewards. Whether they end it now or when it would normally be completed, that is the course of action they should take. I would personally prefer they end it now and start up a LS TB, but would understand if they want us to troubleshoot it a bit more for them first. :)