DSTB issue and response

Replies

• Funny thing:

Releasing this garbage on TG, then everything is so broken drive 99% of the people crazy. No response.... Someone found some exploit OOOH MIRACLE they are on the forums threatening people who are using in this broken trash with ban and etc.... This game man..... :s
  • jjkriv wrote: »
    Shut it down and give us 2 more days of double drops.. :D:D

This!
  • Bigslow
    104 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I unwittingly made a mistake and I find out now that it’s considered an exploit. Wonderful, who’s in charge of QA around there?
  • pinkfloyd
    76 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    CMA97526 wrote: »
    I would personally prefer they end it now and start up a LS TB, but would understand if they want us to troubleshoot it a bit more for them first. :)
    I'm pretty sure LS is broken too, the portion of code of the platoon system should be the same on both and they introduced the bug when they changed it to static platoons in the latest update.
  • Agreed.
    Stop this nosense
  • I still don t know what this bug is about...
    But i agree with the op... if it s bugged, stop it, fix it... or even bettr: give full rewards to all and let this tb continue for troubleshooting purposes...
  • I need popcorn so many scared exploiters over here
  • Bigslow wrote: »
    Wonderful, who’s in charge of QA around there?
    The players. Some even pay for the privilege. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I want rewards for all the time spent here - used up a few hours and millions of credits. Agree it can be done accidentally very easy, but people that spammed the same character like 25+ times that's quite a bit different than 1 or two here extra deployments by innocent action.

In the spirit of what scuba is saying, I'd much prefer to finish it out and just give everyone maxed rewards. Don't punish players that put in time because of people that truly spammed the platoon and exploited.

agree 100%
  • charlyw64
    127 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    End this mess now, combat missions are so frustrating that it drives people away, it‘s no fun knowing that a fully modded and well geared team only get‘s through on pure luck, no luck and you are done for, no matter what team you sent in!

Because of the crash bug I lost a lot of the gameplay (arena payouts, bonus energy) and thus lost at least a day‘s progress, then the TB is buggy like hell as if nobody at CG even tried, the droid bomb and an hitherto unnamed atat driver are as valuable as CHS and ROLO and a kitten animal is stronger than a whole group of equipped to the teeth bounty hunters... Right...
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • #makeSWGOHgreatagain
  • I haven't read all the pages but it seems to me like it's a EA issue, players can't do anything (or really a little bit) about this. So, why ban people for a YOUR mistake? Fix it
  • +1 to basically all that has been said here.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    This whole thing reminds me of that time there was a bug that send multiple raid rewards to players' inboxes. Not entirely sure how they solved that issue, but i believe there were quite a few accounts suspended for "further investigation". I also believe some players got shafted and set back way further than they should've been, where as others "unknowingly" just claimed the raid rewards 2 or 3 times without any form of repercussion. Long story short, they tried but weren't able to solve the issue 100% fair.
    I would advice ea/cg to take action BEFORE the rewards are distributed, it would surely make it alot easier to deal with. Shutting the whole thing down should definately be taken into consideration, but personally i'd like to be able to finish the whole thing to see what's what in order to be better prepared next time around.
    As for the "only people who exploited want to see the entire thing shut down" argument, even if they shut the whole thing down the blatant offenders could still be punished. I'm not sure if no harm, no foul applies here.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Soooo is there gonna be any response?
  • nope its a holiday, its a weekend, its a devs issue.. your choice it will be swept under the carpet until accounts start being banned / suspended for people on the most part not even having a clue they had found an exploit. it stuck / lagged the same as most parts of the game now but the will be punished for it
  • Everybody knew that a new (reskinned and retunned) event launched on a long Holiday wouldn't be a good thing.
    Max rewards for everyone and start over.
  • People could have thought it was a connection issue and hammered the button for 5 minutes out of frustration. Just cause some of you are more level headed than other people doesn't mean it's not possible

^^^
    For people saying more than 5/6 taps is intentional, that's just ridiculous
  • Nemman
    73 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    People could have thought it was a connection issue and hammered the button for 5 minutes out of frustration. Just cause some of you are more level headed than other people doesn't mean it's not possible

^^^

Also, with all the lags issue on LS battle, it was possible that exit from platoon screen could cause lost of character, like in LS battle when the game was freezing and you couldn’t go out from battle otherwise the game was not counting the battle
  • Rebelscumalwayscry
    39 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    People could have thought it was a connection issue and hammered the button for 5 minutes out of frustration. Just cause some of you are more level headed than other people doesn't mean it's not possible

^^^

and how much rage taps you did?
  • I need popcorn so many scared exploiters over here
    So true. Hope all this players and them guilds will wont get rewards and they should be banned for 2-3 days.
  • People could have thought it was a connection issue and hammered the button for 5 minutes out of frustration. Just cause some of you are more level headed than other people doesn't mean it's not possible

^^^

and how much rage taps you did?

I haven't done platoons at all this TB cause my guild fills em before I get off work
  • BoogieWoogiw
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I actually ds player and have a lot of fun playin this TB but there is a lot of bugs here so i dont mind if Devs would cancel it but my suggestion is to

Give players reward from previous ls tb (prize box with random prize)+ 500 crystals and some pieces of gear like mk 3 holo

Zero rewards for those who use exploits. No excuses. 24h ban is welcome:)
  • Riiiiight. Rush a substandard, barely tested product out to sell some empire packs any your only response is to threaten your player base? If y’all hadn’t angered me to the point of not paying with Talzin farms this would have been the point of permanent wallet closing for you.

I suggest you all take this holiday season to self reflect on your business model and how you speak to/treat your customers. Then change some things.
  • Time to shut this event down. There’s no benefit in continuing to run this.

Instead of threatening your player base — most of whom are trying to combat the ridiculous latency and platoon units honestly — Shut it down, distribute some token rewards, and address the dozen or so issues that have been reported.

We would prefer to have our time back, and this feature clearly needs some polishing.

Please shut it down, and come see us again in 3-4 weeks when you’re ready for us to test it again.
  • PRj8wlZ.png

their policy states "If you or someone using your EA account violates these rules and fails to remedy this violation after a warning, EA may take action against you"

This is the actual policy. The biggest problem will be the repeat offenders and people who only log on the game and not forums/discord/line
  • Nemman wrote: »

^^^

Also, with all the lags issue on LS battle, it was possible that exit from platoon screen could cause lost of character, like in LS battle when the game was freezing and you couldn’t go out from battle otherwise the game was not counting the battle

Yeah exactly, not like what I'm saying is unheard of in this game
  • First - thank you for this thread, I haven't noticed this issue. I locked all platoons - I prefer not making it than some of players to be banned.
    On topic - yet another bad move fro CG - released buggy content and I am expecting to have another bad move as solution - players will be banned, leave, be frustrated and angry just because CG prefer to do nothing instead of admit that they have a bug, give some compensation and remove event until fix it.
  • It is not an excuse if you have no idea it is happening. I am an officer in my guild and would not want to cheat anyone in it. This is my first post on this forum and don’t check it everyday. So for people to talk about banning players for something they don’t even know is happening is nonsense.
  • This happened to me in P1 I think. I was adding 7? Toons to and it wouldn't take, so I hit it a few times, backed out and went back in, 2 of them were assigned so I did the others and it took. Then I saw it adding up the numbers. Had 47k 4x and then 30k once. That's roughly 250k from 5 button pushes. If someone is racking up 10M points, well, it would be obvious. They'd be punching the button what, 200 times?