DSTB issue and response

Replies

  • Here's the problem. There are many (myself included) who have already confessed that they did accidentally exploit the glitch. It is an easy mistake and there shouldn't be any punishment unless the devs can easily tell who was exploiting and who did it accidentally. I agree that this TB should be cancelled, and all the bugs are patched. I would rather lose this week's TB rewards than get banned (for any amount of time) for something I didn't know was a problem until it was too late.
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Easiest way is to check guilds who actually did max stars and compare it to them GP.
  • Won't be cancelled. Just get your stars and give your feedback and the next one will be better.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • DasMurich wrote: »
    This happened to me in P1 I think. I was adding 7? Toons to and it wouldn't take, so I hit it a few times, backed out and went back in, 2 of them were assigned so I did the others and it took. Then I saw it adding up the numbers. Had 47k 4x and then 30k once. That's roughly 250k from 5 button pushes. If someone is racking up 10M points, well, it would be obvious. They'd be punching the button what, 200 times?

    Exactly. The problem is that when a new phase starts, everyone goes straight to the platoons. It's an easy mistake but I think that it should be obvious if someone is trying to exploit. I found out by mistake yesterday that it won't take anything if you and another player try to deploy into the same slot at the same time, just racks up points. The problem is that this glitch is so easy to exploit by accident that there really shouldn't be any form of punishment, just compensation for a lost TB, removal of the event, and several bug fixes.
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Ban the whole guild if anyone in it used the exploit (even if by accident). Then give double 48 star rewards + 500 crystals + 50 holo emitters to guilds that didn't use it. That's the only fair thing to do.
  • Here's the problem. There are many (myself included) who have already confessed that they did accidentally exploit the glitch. It is an easy mistake and there shouldn't be any punishment unless the devs can easily tell who was exploiting and who did it accidentally. I agree that this TB should be cancelled, and all the bugs are patched. I would rather lose this week's TB rewards than get banned (for any amount of time) for something I didn't know was a problem until it was too late.

    If bans are handed out, you'll be fine. Honestly it wouldn't be hard to tell the difference between accidentally doing it and massively exploiting it. I could be wrong but I think a lot are worrying for nothing.
  • Ban the whole guild if anyone in it used the exploit (even if by accident). Then give double 48 star rewards + 500 crystals + 50 holo emitters to guilds that didn't use it. That's the only fair thing to do.

    How in the world is that fair?! Honestly! The majority of the player base has probably already exploited the glitch on accident and they don't even know it. Cudos to you for finding out the glitch and making sure your guild doesn't do it, then suggesting you get rewards that would be double of what you would've gotten had you exploited.
    Ally code: 357613281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/
  • Ban the whole guild if anyone in it used the exploit (even if by accident). Then give double 48 star rewards + 500 crystals + 50 holo emitters to guilds that didn't use it. That's the only fair thing to do.

    Lol. Of all of the proposed solutions I've read on these forums, this one makes the least sense. And that's saying something. So if 1 person in your guild accidentally assigned someone to a platoon more than one, you and the other 48 guildies should all be banned? And me and my guild should all get max rewards? Please tell me this is sarcasm.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • NicWester
    7473 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Nedus wrote: »
    I haven't read all the pages but it seems to me like it's a EA issue, players can't do anything (or really a little bit) about this. So, why ban people for a YOUR mistake? Fix it
    Alarin wrote: »
    Time to shut this event down. There’s no benefit in continuing to run this.

    Instead of threatening your player base — most of whom are trying to combat the ridiculous latency and platoon units honestly — Shut it down, distribute some token rewards, and address the dozen or so issues that have been reported.

    We would prefer to have our time back, and this feature clearly needs some polishing.

    Please shut it down, and come see us again in 3-4 weeks when you’re ready for us to test it again.
    pargame wrote: »
    First - thank you for this thread, I haven't noticed this issue. I locked all platoons - I prefer not making it than some of players to be banned.
    On topic - yet another bad move fro CG - released buggy content and I am expecting to have another bad move as solution - players will be banned, leave, be frustrated and angry just because CG prefer to do nothing instead of admit that they have a bug, give some compensation and remove event until fix it.

    WTK is wrong with people that they assume everyone is going to get banned?

    Stop over-reacting, geez... Just deploy your dudes, if it doesn't work go do something else for a few seconds and try again.
    Post edited by Kyno on
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Good God, people, calm the hell down and stop over-reacting. You really think you're going to get banned because you tapped that button a dozen times trying to figure out what happened?

    Just play the game, give your feedback, collect your reward. Stop panicking every time something happens.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Here's the problem. There are many (myself included) who have already confessed that they did accidentally exploit the glitch. It is an easy mistake and there shouldn't be any punishment unless the devs can easily tell who was exploiting and who did it accidentally. I agree that this TB should be cancelled, and all the bugs are patched. I would rather lose this week's TB rewards than get banned (for any amount of time) for something I didn't know was a problem until it was too late.

    If bans are handed out, you'll be fine. Honestly it wouldn't be hard to tell the difference between accidentally doing it and massively exploiting it. I could be wrong but I think a lot are worrying for nothing.

    Is not about worrying. I haven't participated in the bug - not even accidentally. It's about CG doing the right thing by its players after they decided to release buggy content, then not do anything to fix it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • It happens to me as well - I suspect a bad connection
  • Ban the whole guild if anyone in it used the exploit (even if by accident). Then give double 48 star rewards + 500 crystals + 50 holo emitters to guilds that didn't use it. That's the only fair thing to do.

    How in the world is that fair?! Honestly! The majority of the player base has probably already exploited the glitch on accident and they don't even know it. Cudos to you for finding out the glitch and making sure your guild doesn't do it, then suggesting you get rewards that would be double of what you would've gotten had you exploited.

    You know I was joking right ?
  • Thank god this happened. There were waaayy too many happy feelings from the anniversary gift. I don't think this forum could have survived much longer with out something to rage about.
  • leef wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Nedus wrote: »
    I haven't read all the pages but it seems to me like it's a EA issue, players can't do anything (or really a little bit) about this. So, why ban people for a YOUR mistake? Fix it
    Alarin wrote: »
    Time to shut this event down. There’s no benefit in continuing to run this.

    Instead of threatening your player base — most of whom are trying to combat the ridiculous latency and platoon units honestly — Shut it down, distribute some token rewards, and address the dozen or so issues that have been reported.

    We would prefer to have our time back, and this feature clearly needs some polishing.

    Please shut it down, and come see us again in 3-4 weeks when you’re ready for us to test it again.
    pargame wrote: »
    First - thank you for this thread, I haven't noticed this issue. I locked all platoons - I prefer not making it than some of players to be banned.
    On topic - yet another bad move fro CG - released buggy content and I am expecting to have another bad move as solution - players will be banned, leave, be frustrated and angry just because CG prefer to do nothing instead of admit that they have a bug, give some compensation and remove event until fix it.

    **** is wrong with people that they assume everyone is going to get banned?

    Stop over-reacting, geez... Just deploy your dudes, if it doesn't work go do something else for a few seconds and try again.

    this coming from the guy who just reported me after you instigated a fight. i get it you love ea but dont go around attacking others only to later snitch to the mods . you got an issue you address it with me

    i reported you.

    snitches get stitches just saying so
  • This devolved quickly.

    So where is the updated Dev response?
  • This devolved quickly.

    So where is the updated Dev response?

    Its a holiday weekend. Wont be one until Monday.
  • Ghostrider1982
    204 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Galactic Naval Academy 20 stars......can't find them on GP leaderboard.....obviously they are using this exploit to the fullest.

    Found them on SWGOH.gg at 103M, still probably used it
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    This devolved quickly.

    So where is the updated Dev response?

    Its a holiday weekend. Wont be one until Monday.

    I didn't realize the game closed on weekends. Strange cause I was able to log in today.
  • leef wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Nedus wrote: »
    I haven't read all the pages but it seems to me like it's a EA issue, players can't do anything (or really a little bit) about this. So, why ban people for a YOUR mistake? Fix it
    Alarin wrote: »
    Time to shut this event down. There’s no benefit in continuing to run this.

    Instead of threatening your player base — most of whom are trying to combat the ridiculous latency and platoon units honestly — Shut it down, distribute some token rewards, and address the dozen or so issues that have been reported.

    We would prefer to have our time back, and this feature clearly needs some polishing.

    Please shut it down, and come see us again in 3-4 weeks when you’re ready for us to test it again.
    pargame wrote: »
    First - thank you for this thread, I haven't noticed this issue. I locked all platoons - I prefer not making it than some of players to be banned.
    On topic - yet another bad move fro CG - released buggy content and I am expecting to have another bad move as solution - players will be banned, leave, be frustrated and angry just because CG prefer to do nothing instead of admit that they have a bug, give some compensation and remove event until fix it.

    **** is wrong with people that they assume everyone is going to get banned?

    Stop over-reacting, geez... Just deploy your dudes, if it doesn't work go do something else for a few seconds and try again.

    this coming from the guy who just reported me after you instigated a fight. i get it you love ea but dont go around attacking others only to later snitch to the mods . you got an issue you address it with me

    i reported you.

    snitches get stitches just saying so

    Internet stitches are the worst kind
  • Shut it down.

    Why would you openly threaten those who use an exploit to be punished, but allow the exploit to still be used.
  • It's reall ezy tell who exploit and who not find those duckers and duck them
  • I dunno this all seems over dramatic, we have bugs against us: the 4th wave of CB with 5 elites that can dispel zader's aoe or thrawn's fracture and bugs for us: whatever this platoon deploy lag is that allows you to keep redeploying?
    You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have, the facts of life. Every previous TB there was some glitch or complaint and the response was always...it cannot be changed in the current state...especially when the current state was to screw us over...now some glitch is in our favor and it's all you're cheating and will be banned from the game.
    Like other people are saying, if this content is so broken then why not just stop this run and correct the mistakes. If it is unstoppable then notify everyone via ingame inbox that this TB is defective and everyone will be given the same rewards at payout. Then people can choose whether to keep wasting their time pushing for stars or wait til the next run
  • Mullato wrote: »
    Shut it down.

    Why would you openly threaten those who use an exploit to be punished, but allow the exploit to still be used.

    Stop using all that "common sense" stuff. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    This devolved quickly.

    So where is the updated Dev response?

    Its a holiday weekend. Wont be one until Monday.

    I didn't realize the game closed on weekends. Strange cause I was able to log in today.

    Yes because the game only runs when theres a dev in the office.....
  • This TB needs to stop. Its so buggy. The devs said we would get punished, for a bug that was done on accident. Shame.
  • Shut it down and give everyone 330 Wampa shards.

    Oh and a few more Chewie shards for a good laugh.

    Plzkkthxbai!!

    ~D
  • Insufferable_camper
    682 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Can I say as a guild leader these are difficult times. With every botched content more people want to quit. Those who did the stark mission in our guild yesterday went in with g11 and g12 characters and some found it impossible to do.

    The locking out of a territory is just stupid design. Shockingly we have players who want to play and don’t like being locked out of combat. We can hold deployments but then that just puts an unnecessary time strain on other people’s lives. So much easier to Pre assign deployments and let people deploy when they finish combat. This design feature works the opposite of what it is intending, it makes it far more difficult and time consuming on guild officers
    Post edited by Kyno on
    Empire Relic
  • I did this exploit unintentionally on the ship part where it was certain to be 3 star. I deployed like 7-10 times as I thought it was a lag. Does it mean that I should also be banned for a mistake of the developers. That message means nothing since this is not an exploit its just a developers fail to do dark tb right.
  • I did this exploit unintentionally on the ship part where it was certain to be 3 star. I deployed like 7-10 times as I thought it was a lag. Does it mean that I should also be banned for a mistake of the developers. That message means nothing since this is not an exploit its just a developers fail to do dark tb right.

    Good lord, the post was not geared towards you or others in a similar situation.
Sign In or Register to comment.