DSTB issue and response

Replies

• I did this exploit unintentionally on the ship part where it was certain to be 3 star. I deployed like 7-10 times as I thought it was a lag. Does it mean that I should also be banned for a mistake of the developers. That message means nothing since this is not an exploit its just a developers fail to do dark tb right.
    Good God, stop being so dramatic. Assuming you deployed 10 ships with 20k average power, you did 200k per press. If you did it 10 times, that's 2m you've added. Odds are you didn't deploy 10 ships, and odds are some of your ships that you deployed are way less than 20k.

The people who will get punished--and only knee-**** sky-is-falling people on the board have said banned--are the ones who are doing multiple millions of deployment in multiple territories over the course of several days, and even at that probably only ones who do it AFTER the announcement was made.

Again: CALM DOWN.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Guys, anyone who accidentally did it, didn’t “exploit” anything. It’s an accident. It didn’t work, so you tried again and again.

Exploiting means you KNEW it didn’t work and the end result was to your benefit so you kept doing it to gain an advantage.

I doubt people will get banned for accidentally doing it, but if they do, it’s a travesty.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    I did this exploit unintentionally on the ship part where it was certain to be 3 star. I deployed like 7-10 times as I thought it was a lag. Does it mean that I should also be banned for a mistake of the developers. That message means nothing since this is not an exploit its just a developers fail to do dark tb right.

Good lord, the post was not geared towards you or others in a similar situation.

I was talking about this sorry for being unclear.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/145638/dark-side-territory-battle-possible-platoon-deployment-exploit-warning#latest
  • After the very small slap on the wrist the one guild got for taking part in the crystal hack, it is unlikely they will ban anyone over this.
    Empire Relic
  • After that dark TB update im beginning to crash out all over the place... First it was TB, then ship arena(which I use to get a lot of crystals from) and now normal arena too...

I can’t play this game anymore because of this joke of a update.. Let me play again please and stop making stuff without testing it completely..

Im on ios iphone 6 btw... -.-

I did this exploit unintentionally on the ship part where it was certain to be 3 star. I deployed like 7-10 times as I thought it was a lag. Does it mean that I should also be banned for a mistake of the developers. That message means nothing since this is not an exploit its just a developers fail to do dark tb right.

Good lord, the post was not geared towards you or others in a similar situation.

I was talking about this sorry for being unclear.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/145638/dark-side-territory-battle-possible-platoon-deployment-exploit-warning#latest

I know. I meant that post was for guilds blatantly exploiting not someone like you who did it a few times on accident.
    Here's the problem. There are many (myself included) who have already confessed that they did accidentally exploit the glitch. It is an easy mistake and there shouldn't be any punishment unless the devs can easily tell who was exploiting and who did it accidentally. I agree that this TB should be cancelled, and all the bugs are patched. I would rather lose this week's TB rewards than get banned (for any amount of time) for something I didn't know was a problem until it was too late.

If bans are handed out, you'll be fine. Honestly it wouldn't be hard to tell the difference between accidentally doing it and massively exploiting it. I could be wrong but I think a lot are worrying for nothing.

Agree - if you're someone that only did it a few times they won't ban you. They've set limits before on how many times something was done. They're also going to see how many actually did double deploy and the numbers will be to great - if they went with a one and done no tolerance approach than they'd probably lose 25% or more of the playerbase.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Good God, stop being so dramatic. Assuming you deployed 10 ships with 20k average power, you did 200k per press. If you did it 10 times, that's 2m you've added. Odds are you didn't deploy 10 ships, and odds are some of your ships that you deployed are way less than 20k.

The people who will get punished--and only knee-**** sky-is-falling people on the board have said banned--are the ones who are doing multiple millions of deployment in multiple territories over the course of several days, and even at that probably only ones who do it AFTER the announcement was made.

Again: CALM DOWN.

Why should they calm down? Nothing about the threat the devs issued states how or what they will use to determine who is and isn't exploiting the bug. You're accusing people of making assumptions while you yourself are making an assumption. A clearer message or at this point a follow-up of what they meant would help the community immensely.
  • Not sure why but when I logged into TB this morning it was showing scores dropping in previous phases

Probably just another bug.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • If a single player receives any form of punishment whatsoever, I'm done. Doesn't matter if it was intentional or not. They released a broken product, and the gamers did what gamers do: figured out how to beat the game. That's what we do.

Anybody remember the original Mortal Kombat mk1 for Sega Genesis? There was a design flaw where the very last bad guy, Shang Tsung, was super easy to beat. You just crouched down and low kicked over and over and he would keep floating back towards you until he died, lol. Was that "WAI"? Probably not, haha... but did Sega threaten to to come into my house and repossess my game if I used their design flaw to my advantage? Of course not. That would be ridiculous.

The difference here is that CG actually has the ability to fix their bug. Midway/Acclaim could not do that with physical cartridges in 1993 lol... so fix the bug for next time and move on, and if you feel the bug created skewed rewards, then alter the rewards to make it fair for everyone.

Punishing a loyal player base for having a little fun with a flaw in the game's design really seems to lack perspective. Come on, this is a game; it's supposed to be fun.

Everyone would have preferred for DS TB to be released bug free, but it wasn't. Own it, fix it, move on.

In the infamous words of the great scholar Ice T: "Don't Hate the Playa, Hate the Game."
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    do I really think my mistake will get me banned.? No I don't however I am being a sith and dealing in absolutes with the way it was chosen to be communicated.
    Had the warning post stated "those that had chosen to abuse this exploit" I might not have posted anything.
    However that is not what is says.
    You can participate in this exploit and not even choose to do so.

it just doesn't make sense to leave content running with a bug that they don't want you to exploit. Why make more work for yourself?

I also don't belive they will catch everyone that chose to abuse it and I also belive that they will punish some that chose not to abuse it but couldn't control it.

So IMO
    1. if you can't catch and punish everyone that chose to abuse it the warning is an empty threat.
    2. If even 1 person is wrongly punished because they believe that person abused it when they didn't that is also wrong

As always the powers that be can decide how they want to handle it and the players can choose their response to that.
  • As a separate thought, the Warning post has about 20k views... that's maybe 0.2% (zero point two percent) of the player base. I guarantee there are many people out there laughing and having fun with this bug right now who never check the forums and have absolutely no clue that they're doing anything wrong other than enjoying themselves while playing the game.
  • Not sure why but when I logged into TB this morning it was showing scores dropping in previous phases

Same here. I was quite confused.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    So to add to the bugs list, guilds are reporting veers and snowtrooper in platoons in p4 even though they are needed for CMs.
  • Add that ipd text for the bonus mission is still saying rolo shards.
  • xanderxman wrote: »
    The truly sad thing here is after an otherwise good update and anniversary rewards and double drops, the only thing people will remember is the threat of being banned for a simple mistake caused by insufficient testing of their own product. Like I have said before, they do something good and then proceed to shoot themselves in the foot. Every time.

Upvote
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Ktulu
    80 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    This TB is an absolute joke with all of the errors, glitches, juiced up power levels, unrealistic expectations for platoons, etc. Dark side has been largely ignored for a long time now as sooo many shiny new light side toons have been fed to us (re: Phoenix, new Ewoks, Vets (which for no logical reason show up...its not like we were begging for them) and now we have to pay a steep price for this neglect. Need 5 NS zombies for platoons....well you can get them 5 shards at a time by buying them with crystals. Oh yeah crystals = real cash. You’re g11 zeers led imp trooper squad can’t beat wave 4 in phase 1. Well just gear them to 12 and you’ll be fine. Oh yeah, by the way, you’re gonna have to pay to do that too. And now ban accounts because of a mistake on the devs end? Seriously way to keep the player base happy. I stay away from this forum typically, but this DS TB is such utter nonsense that I couldn’t not speak my mind and share my opinion. I agree that this TB needs shut down. Don’t compensate us, I don’t care. But don’t ban people for your mistake or destroy any motivation for people to keep playing this game!
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • When I worked in retail management, I would have loved to blame the customers when one of my employees made a mistake and someone got something for cheap. That's just not how it goes. The way the developers are playing this off as though it is the fault of the players is disturbing. I do not even know what the bug is, nor care to, I'm specifically speaking as just someone who has run business models.

You as a producer/supplier/retailer, are seemingly taking your own mistakes out on those who consume your product. That is the exact opposite of customer service or support. Yes it is written in guidelines exploiting is not tolerated, but as a customer, should I go to McDonald's and order a cheeseburger, and when I pick it up half of it is eaten, would I be ok with that as a consumer? Would you be ok with that as a supplier?

My two cents. This entire tb feels rushed, barely tested if at all, even down to the wrong texts being displayed when receiving imperial droid shards. I mean come on, this is a quality assurance issue all the way around. Coming out and threatening the player base with anything, when it comes to the failures of the developers and programmers, which has made for this negative experience, is completely the wrong thing to do.

This response is actually, take half of your cheeseburger that has bites taken out of it, enjoy it, and don't try to do anything about it or you will be silenced. The product is incomplete at beast, horrific gaming experience at worst, and all that is said as a response is a threat against the player base?

Come on, let's actually think about what is going on here, move towards fixing the problem of the product, use this as a beta test even, and continue on without threatening consumers over a product that did not meet quality assurance to begin with.

Game on.
  • Hey we accidentally priced this item for $1 instead of $100

Anyone who purchases the item for $1 will be investigated and prosecuted per store policy

(Leaves price posted as $1)
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner

Anyone who purchases the item for $1 will be investigated and prosecuted per store policy

This is exactly why I used the example I did of retail management. It is essentially the same exact thing.

+1

+2

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Hey we accidentally priced this item for $1 instead of $100

This is actually not that strange, well appart from the not changing the price immidiately after discovery. I believe a webstore won in court not too long ago for something similar.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Ktulu wrote: »
    This TB is an absolute joke with all of the errors, glitches, juiced up power levels, unrealistic expectations for platoons, etc. Dark side has been largely ignored for a long time now as sooo many shiny new light side toons have been fed to us (re: Phoenix, new Ewoks, Vets (which for no logical reason show up...its not like we were begging for them) and now we have to pay a steep price for this neglect. Need 5 NS zombies for platoons....well you can get them 5 shards at a time by buying them with crystals. Oh yeah crystals = real cash. You’re g11 zeers led imp trooper squad can’t beat wave 4 in phase 1. Well just gear them to 12 and you’ll be fine. Oh yeah, by the way, you’re gonna have to pay to do that too. And now ban accounts because of a mistake on the devs end? Seriously way to keep the player base happy. And let’s not forget, anyone who speaks out a grievance against said developers in the forum gets warned and post deleted and/or trolled by the dev “apologists” on here. I stay away from this forum typically because of this, but this DS TB is such utter nonsense that I couldn’t not speak my mind and share my opinion. I agree that this TB needs shut down. Don’t compensate us, I don’t care. But don’t ban people for your mistake or destroy any motivation for people to keep playing this game!

My guild can't even complete the bottom platoons, any of theme cause of needing so many zombies, and the new first order toons. We did manage to put 2 of the Talzins in platoons, but not sure if we have any more.

It is also crazy having 2 dark side ship missions. There are just not enough ships. I managed to do both of them as the special wasn't too hard, and so I mixed my 2 teams up a bit though, but few players will be able to do that. Not sure what they were thinking giving us 2 dark side ship battles, especially when we STILL have platoons to fill....
  • leef wrote: »

This is actually not that strange, well appart from the not changing the price immidiately after discovery. I believe a webstore won in court not too long ago for something similar.

But I would guess by "won" you mean they were able to either get the merchandise back or charge the intended price. Not prosecute those that purchased it at the mistaken price. There's a difference between being "fair" and trying to implicate the customer for your mistake and then punishing them for it.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • leef wrote: »

There is actually a legal precedent for this situation if you want to get technical. Either buyer and seller can agree to terms of mistake and settle, usually at a discount, or the seller can claim it was a clear mistake on the part of something out of their control, and they can claim full damages. In some circumstances, it is rewarded, other times no. They have to prove they did everything to correct the issue, immediately upon discovery, and that it would hurt their business model in general, either reputation or monetary damages.

If territory wars was immediately shut down upon discovery, it is different altogether. In this particular case, were all playing phase 4 right now. . . Days later. .
  • MayAddy622 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

They have to prove they did everything to correct the issue, immediately upon discovery, and that it would hurt their business model in general, either reputation or monetary damages.

If territory wars was immediately shut down upon discovery, it is different altogether. In this particular case, were all playing phase 4 right now. . . Days later. .

Exactly
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    MayAddy622 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

They have to prove they did everything to correct the issue, immediately upon discovery, and that it would hurt their business model in general, either reputation or monetary damages.

Exactly

There is actually also another way to look at this scenario as well. There is something called "reasonable expectation of price". Meaning that if i see a 2017 corvette in a car lot with a posted 500 dollar sale sign on it, as a consumer, it is reasonably expected in a court of law that I understand that car is worth much more then that, and I as a consumer can't sue for hardship because the mistake on the price is beyond reasonable expectations.

For a game, reasonable expectations is that it works. Doesn't have to be good or bad, in fact it can be absolutely terrible, but does it work? That as a consumer of a game, is a reasonable expectation.

If this is working as intended, then no harm no foul, maybe the exploit is an "Easter egg" kind of thing. If that's the case nothing to see here, move along, they can choose to remove the egg.

But, obviously, it's not working as intended. There is no Easter egg, so it is reasonably expected as a gamer, consumer, that the game DOES work as intended, and that flaws are remedied. Since there has been zero remedy, failure to shut it down, failure to do anything, it is reasonable to understand the game is not working as intended, thereby breaking the understanding between consumer and retailer. So if you find an exploit in a product that is working, and it is not immediately taken into action despite knowledge of the exploit, truly, legally, it is no longer the consumers fault.

There is precedence for this.

The only way around it is it is considered a free to play platform, and their own product, so they can choose to remove whoever they want for this reason, however then if you could prove monetary damages, say you buy crystals using your credit card, and the expectation of the game is to work, and action was taken against you, then you have a case against reasonable expectations.

Phew. All this legal talk is starting to hurt my fingers.
  • Did anybody catch the new veers platoon and veers combat mission bug. didn't they say they 'fixed it so that platoons will no longer require units that are needed in the same phase./vertical slice
  • Warning post.. dear God I've avoided the forums for MONTHS and have a cockamamie connection a lot of the time ( see: numerous bug reports on " connection lost") and they are gonna slap my hand over this?

That will be the excuse to quit IMO